SGT2039

Why do I like the sgt so much ?

"2007red40thGT500" post=

"i agree with you. pre-title makes them unique, but not more special or better, which is invariably what lots of misinformed people on here reduce the discussion to. its incredibly irritating to read people make preposterous claims that are really based on opinions..."

Your words, not mine...

Now from thesarus.com....
Main Entry: unique
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: one-of-a-kind; without equal
Synonyms: anomalous, best, exceptional, extraordinary, far-out, incomparable, inimitable, matchless, most, nonpareil, novel, only, peerless, primo, rare, singular, something else, SPECIAL, standout, strange, uncommon, unequaled, unexampled, unimaginable, unmatched, unparagoned, unparalleled, unprecedented, unreal, unrivaled, utmost
Antonyms: like, similar, standard, trite

Besides, the only person that has ever said that their car was more a Shelby than someone elses, was you.

SGT owners will always have that one little thing that truly does make their Shelby unique, if that bothers you...that's not our issue.

Now, back to the actual question, Why do I (opinions implied) like the SGT so much?

Because it's flawed in all the right ways...

Edited by arants
  • Like 1

duplicate, deleted

Edited by arants

"Besides, the only person that has ever said that their car was more a Shelby than someone elses, was you."

listen arants, you're dead wrong. if you read this thread in full and have read other threads in this forum you would be able to speak from a position of authority and knowledge rather than from the position of a bratty child. this issue of pre-title cars being uber special and "real" shelbys compared to the GT500 (and now GT350) has been beat into the ground ad nauseum. someone always spouts off like an ignorant child when this topic comes up. please re-read my comments above so you can gain a more clear understanding of my intent in setting the record straight.

Edited by 2007red40thGT500

I like my SGT because I think it's special and unique, unique because in my town there is 2 SGT's and lots of GT 500's. Special because it's mine!!

i like the SGT because i dont have one, which makes me appreciate how smart i am for not overpaying for a car i could build myself for less cost. there are lots of basic Mustangs in my town that look just like it, some with an anemic 6-cylinder, and many more that run can run circles around it. Special because it's not mine!!

All this talk of being "Special" reminds me of words spoken by a very wise gentleman. Willie Nelson ! Quote: "Cowboys are Special", with their own brand of misery ! Enough with this "Misery" ! It's time to move on !

in fact, i'd argue that the Shelby licensed cars (GT500, GT350) that Ford builds are in fact better cars, adding real value to the Shelby brand through proprietary engineering (5.8L, flat plane crank, etc), as opposed to modifying Ford factory cars with Ford Racing/Ford Performance or Shelby-branded, aftermarket parts that anyone can buy.

I have been listening to this thread and to other threads in this forum, my "bratty child" answer as you so eloquently put it was based solely on your response in THIS thread.

I don't disagree that in other portions of this forum the "true vs licensed" Shelby argument has been ignited time and again, and for no good reason... As I put in my earlier response to your vitriol....

Since Carroll Shelby is why these cars exist in the first place, maybe you'd be better served appreciating that he designed (built, modded, influenced...whatever your take on that is) cars that we can all love for our own personal reasons. THIS applies to every car that has SHELBY on it's backside.

So, as you intend to lecture me about my position of authority, let me be clear; I have never and will never claim to be an expert on things automotive and or SHELBY. Although reading through your posts throughout many pages in this forum, I'd say that shoe seems to be on the other foot.

I've spent over 21 years of my life defending the freedoms to have productive and sometimes non-productive arguments such as these.

So before you purport to inform me that I need to listen, understand that I have been, and will continue to do so.

Now, can we simply get back to enjoying our SHELBYS?

Ignore 2007red40th, he is only trolling for trouble here. I think he should be banned, personally. Do what many of us did and just block his posts.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be banned, but do agree with ilmor, I think he should be ignored....

If you cant ignore him and you feel you need to respond please do not use the 'quote' function, there's a reason that I filtered his posts. So I didn't have to read anything he has to say!!

Thank you in advance.......

Edited by 08SGT1234

i like the SGT because i dont have one, which makes me appreciate how smart i am for not overpaying for a car i could build myself for less cost. there are lots of basic Mustangs in my town that look just like it, some with an anemic 6-cylinder, and many more that run can run circles around it. Special because it's not mine!!

I am sure you impress all the ladies with your straight bill baseball cap, white belt, AX body spray and that pimpmobile you drive around in-"bumping your jams", for many of us that just not our style. One day you might gain adult taste and ditch those wheels.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be banned, but do agree with ilmor, I think he should be ignored....

If cant ignore him and you feel you need to respond please do not use the 'quote' function, there's a reason that I filtered his posts. So I didn't have to read anything he has to say!!

Thank you in advance.......

I was looking for forum rules but could not find them. I'm wondering if the rules permit the ridiculing and bashing of any Shelby cars. I would not think this would be permissible on a Shelby forum.

I was looking for forum rules but could not find them. I'm wondering if the rules permit the ridiculing and bashing of any Shelby cars. I would not think this would be permissible on a Shelby forum.

There have been times when it seemed so, but careful perusal will reveal that bannings were dealt on the basis of personal insults or attacks. Restricting criticism of Shelby cars would be kind of chickens**t, I think. Criticism of opinions and personalities can be another matter or two.

"Freedom of speech" means different things to different people; in my view, the Team Shelby monitors can ban anything they want to ban. They're a bit slower on the trigger than they used to be, as evidenced by the lack of response to some behaviors in this thread.

EDIT: Correct frredom of spelling offense.

Edited by Frank S

I've been quiet to this point on this guy and his posting.

In fact, I'm wondering why I even bother to keep coming back.... Hoping I 'spose, to see another happy SGT owner share his thoughts?

Anyway, I am a big believer in free speech and all, but there are a few guys that have been lurking around this forum in just the past two years really, that really need to do some soul searching.

I gotta be honest, if you have nothing nice to say to people, then why waste your own time coming back and doing so???

Life is short, and there HAS to be something more constructive to do with your time than be continuously mean. :shrug:

This forum is designed for like minded guys and gals to share happy thoughts and have respectful discussion about Shelby cars. There's plenty of room for opinions on here, and I'm certain ALL of us welcome them.....but let's keep it friendly, huh?

:)

Edit - Now, to get a supercharger for this soapbox! :hysterical:

Edited by BIKEBOY

There have been times when it seemed so, but careful perusal will reveal that bannings were dealt on the basis of personal insults or attacks. Restricting criticism of Shelby cars would be kind of chickens**t, I think. Criticism of opinions and personalities can be another matter or two.

"Freedom of speech" means different things to different people; in my view, the Team Shelby monitors can ban anything they want to ban. They're a bit slower on the trigger than they used to be, as evidenced by the lack of response to some behaviors in this thread.

EDIT: Correct frredom of spelling offense.

I agree regarding "critisism".

For what its worth, here is the pertinent Guidelines;

2.If you have nothing good to say, say nothing. You dont like a car someone posts, skip that post. Dont like the motor, skip that post. Silence is golden at times.

5.No bashing Shelby or Ford Motor Company. This does not mean you cannot criticize, that can be done in a tasteful and constructive manner. If the issue is personal, (IE, you didnt receive a part, ect.) take it to the person who can help you. If they dont respond, take it to a higher level. Dont post it here!

With respect to no. 2, above, I will say no further about this and get back on topic - love of the Shelby GT!

Here is all I know about the SGT;

1. An SGT can not only accelerate faster than the speed of light, it can also accelerate faster than the speed of DARK!

2. When driving an SGT one must be careful to not apply too much throttle when traveling Eastwards, or risk halting the rotation of the Earth!

3. The exhaust of an SGT has been known to hault global warming and restore polar ice caps.

4. Engine blocks in SGT/SC's don't detonated upon too much boost. The engine block is actually saving the SGT, similar to hero jumping on a grenade to save his buddy.

5. Warring nations have agreed to a peace treaties after having received a ride in an SGT.

6. The racing driver of an SGT is permitted to spray champion and drink milk before the green flag is waved.

7. The SGT was entered into the Le Mans DRIVERS Hall of Fame,,,,, in 2001.

8. 98 octane fuel pumped into the gas tank of an SGT is refined to 103 octane by the time it reaches the injectors.

9. You don't drive and SGT. An SGT takes you on ride to transcendent enlightenment.

10. The SGT body shell is cold forged from Shelby branded Pixie Dust ground from the asphalt of the Mausaon Straight and Defeated Ferraris!

Edited by EL SHELBY

Here is all I know about the SGT;

1. An SGT can not only accelerate faster than the speed of light, it can also accelerate faster than the speed of DARK!

2. When driving an SGT one must be careful to not apply too much throttle when traveling Eastwards, or risk halting the rotation of the Earth!

3. The exhaust of an SGT has been known to hault global warming and restore polar ice caps.

4. Engine blocks in SGT/SC's don't detonated upon too much boost. The engine block is actually saving the SGT, similar to hero jumping on a grenade to save his buddy.

5. Warring nations have agreed to a peace treaties after having received a ride in an SGT.

6. The racing driver of an SGT is permitted to spray champion and drink milk before the green flag is waved.

7. The SGT was entered into the Le Mans DRIVERS Hall of Fame,,,,, in 2001.

8. 98 octane fuel pumped into the gas tank of an SGT is refined to 103 octane by the time it reaches the injectors.

9. You don't drive and SGT. An SGT takes you on ride to transcendent enlightenment.

10. The SGT body shell is cold forged from Shelby branded Pixie Dust ground from the asphalt of the Mausaon Straight and Defeated Ferraris!

:hysterical:

I want a hit off that crack pipe!!!!

I've been quiet to this point on this guy and his posting.

In fact, I'm wondering why I even bother to keep coming back.... Hoping I 'spose, to see another happy SGT owner share his thoughts?

Anyway, I am a big believer in free speech and all, but there are a few guys that have been lurking around this forum in just the past two years really, that really need to do some soul searching.

I gotta be honest, if you have nothing nice to say to people, then why waste your own time coming back and doing so???

Life is short, and there HAS to be something more constructive to do with your time than be continuously mean. :shrug:

This forum is designed for like minded guys and gals to share happy thoughts and have respectful discussion about Shelby cars. There's plenty of room for opinions on here, and I'm certain ALL of us welcome them.....but let's keep it friendly, huh?

:)

Edit - Now, to get a supercharger for this soapbox! :hysterical:

Well put Chris.... the reason you come back is the same one I do, it's kinda like a wreck on the freeway you slow to gawk thank God you weren't involved and go on....

Just went over 90,500 miles in my 07 SGT...great road car for my commutes between PA and OH...heated seats, NAV and a sweet sounding exhaust!

• Like 2

Well put Chris.... the reason you come back is the same one I do, it's kinda like a wreck on the freeway you slow to gawk thank God you weren't involved and go on....

Thanks Doogie. You're right ....rubber necking. :lol:

Just went over 90,500 miles in my 07 SGT...great road car for my commutes between PA and OH...heated seats, NAV and a sweet sounding exhaust!

:rockon:

Ok, that's awesome!

Sgt have a csm # ...gt500 dont. Supersnakes and anything else that got blessed at SA. People that clone there v6 and there gts to look like SGT is because everyone knows Elvis is cool so let's be like him !

Edited by K Beast Shelby gt

whats your point? why dig this issue up? its old news and you're way late to the game.

By the way, your 40th Anniversary Torch Red GT500 is a beautiful car. I really like the "Razor" wheels on it ! Kinda like my Race Red GT350 with the Cragar's. They're very similar. Edited by cmcmotorworks

I also like the Razors, I have a set of gunmetal color on my white SGT and Chrome on my Orange SGT.