tesgt350

10th Anniversary of Team Shelby next Year?

I understand what you mean. I would think there are not enough members that would attend wherever it would be that it would be a good idea to split the location. But if people in different areas want to have Team Shelby get togethers that is always a great idea. I have tried to do something for Team Shelby members at the Sturgis Rally but there is so much going on during the days of the event that it is impossible to get people together in one place at any given time. good luck!

Planning a sub event AT a big event like the Sturgis Rally is not a good idea. Planning a Cruise TO the Sturgis Rally would work though.

have you ever been in Newark after dark???

All kidding aside, the Bash has always been a Vegas event. Team Shelby in the early days did events at Tasca Ford, in Dearborn and Vegas. I'm sure with planning it can be something great for all who wish to participate.

Edited by Ms50thGTS

Well, let us start organizing the project(s); perhaps the regional directors can take the lead in creating committees (volunteers) for each of the regions :stirpot: . Committees can poll the regional members for site suggestions i.e. a southeast committee can field commemoration site suggestions based on member density and proximity to potential sites such as Tampa (Bush Gardens), Orlando ( International Drive facilities, Disney World, Universal, etc.), Daytona (Speedway), Destin (Beach facilities), Myrtle Beach, Atlanta? :hysterical2::redcard: …you get the picture. Members with connections/influence at track facilities could arrange for commemorative activities. As an add-on, TS could start a charity event declaring the resulting donation as a “Caroll Shelby’s” recognition/celebration award…selected recepient, such as a children oriented charity/health organization(s) could benefit from our goodwill..etc…I believe that coinciding regional activities will be easier to organize and relief any potential access/lodging/insuficent local infrastructure as result of an excesive numbers of attendees ...as the young ones would say…”just saying”. :cool: :happy feet:

Edited by Voodoo Child

Just my 2 cents-Bash needs to stay in Vegas.

Agreed.

Maybe a different weekend than NASCAR too .

Also, there is a new track just south of The M set to open soon called Speed Vegas.

Maybe TS could work something out with them.

Although Spring Mountain is hard to beat.

The switch from SU to Team Shelby came in November 2007.

Next year, around this time, we will celebrate Bash 10 (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 + 2017)

Plans are in motion already to make next year's get together special and as always, please give inputs on what you would like to see included.

Thanks Michael - It's 10 years this month for me on these forums. Stangs Unleashed and Team Shelby. TS #102.

I joined very early under 66kstang in honor of my newly restored 66 Fastback KCode. The membership profile shows I joined 11/12/2007. 2:58pm! I remember it was an ad in Road and Track that showed CS encouraging membership. I will have to dig through my old magazines to see if I can find the ad.

Edited by ShelbyKR664

I joined Robert lane's group, known as S197, which was the code name for the new mustang. When hired by

Shelby that trnsitioned to Team Shelby. I am member #71. The real Story could bee verified by Robert.

I've been a member since May 19 2007 , member # 231. SS# 236 My baby will be 10 years old next year , The 10th Bash would be fun

Edited by B Shelby

That's where I started. But wasn't there a separate Team Shelby active at the same time and then Stangs Unleasghed got "merged"? I am pretty sure I had logins on both sites and they moved the Stangs Unleashed for those with the same username as "x_merged". I still see a few of those types of usernames in old topics.

You are correct I was on both also, merging them proved to be difficult....so I just kept using this one. I joined prior to the February 2007 date in my signature, I am not sure exactly when though.

Remember all of the friction back when they merged???? Lol

Edited by carnut12

You are correct I was on both also, merging them proved to be difficult....so I just kept using this one. I joined prior to the February 2007 date in my signature, I am not sure exactly when though.

Remember all of the friction back when they merged???? Lol

Yeah, and there was a split that went for a while but closed when the owner had problems. Then another split that is still going.

Just my 2 cents-Bash needs to stay in Vegas.

I agree......I am just thinking about doing something here for those who may want to do something for the Team Shelby Anniversary but can't afford to go to the Bash.

I am member #80, was on the old forums before.

This event is definitely on my bucket list even if I have to ship my '11 GT350 the 2500 miles each way. I rather not use the 66 GT350 as I am too uncomfortable at this age for the drive up and back from L.A. to L.V.

This event is definitely on my bucket list even if I have to ship my '11 GT350 the 2500 miles each way. I rather not use the 66 GT350 as I am too uncomfortable at this age for the drive up and back from L.A. to L.V.

I have a 65 tribute and it is a lot of fun taking a classic. You should take the 66 for it's great eye candy for everyone. I have taken my car to 2 bashes and have enjoyed every moment. The drive from LA to Vegas is not bad, but then again mine is my DD, so I am use to the ride of an old car. Tell you what, if you ever want to take it, maybe both Shelby's, I will volunteer my driving services to drive your 66! I have 10 years experience driving my 65 as a DD, and had a former original 65 2+2 that I also drove as a DD for 5 years prior to my present 65, NO ACCIDENTS in either cars. I am being serious. I can be trusted to drive it, just say the word. Either way, you should fulfill your bucket list.

Edited by Denstang65

But next Year is 2017 not 2018.

See the math as posted by MMcGuirk

Next year, around this time, we will celebrate Bash 10 (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 + 2017)

Is there a reason for the Bash getting moved up a little every year over the past few? The cold rainy season? My first Bash was in mid April. I just can't chance the drive across the mountains if its in March, especially early March.

Didn't the Bash start around Carroll's birthday (Jan 11) and then progressively move to later dates? It really should avoid a NASCAR weekend as hotel rates and crowds are nuts. It is almost like trying to have it during SEMA. There is always the time around May 10th as a memorial celebration weekend for CS. It is still cool enough for the run across the desert and cruising around LV. Just a thought.

Didn't the Bash start around Carroll's birthday (Jan 11) and then progressively move to later dates? It really should avoid a NASCAR weekend as hotel rates and crowds are nuts. It is almost like trying to have it during SEMA. There is always the time around May 10th as a memorial celebration weekend for CS. It is still cool enough for the run across the desert and cruising around LV. Just a thought.

While the 2008 Bash celebrated CS' birthday, he was never really comfortable with birthday celebrations. He said he wanted the Bash to be about and for the enthusiast.

The Bash date varies due the availability of the track. The January date was moved originally at the request of members from east of the Continental Divide for weather purposes.

This past weekend, you would be hard pressed to notice any Nascar crowding, it was just normal Las Vegas. I guess there is always something going on.

What are the chances of finding a Shelby to rent for the bash, since I don't have one, and the '64 1/2 ain't getting driven to Vegas from IL. Would be nice to have an appropriate vehicle for the non-track driving stuff. Otherwise I'm gonna be really, really bored. :sos::(:headscratch:

What are the chances of finding a Shelby to rent for the bash, since I don't have one, and the '64 1/2 ain't getting driven to Vegas from IL. Would be nice to have an appropriate vehicle for the non-track driving stuff. Otherwise I'm gonna be really, really bored. :sos::(:headscratch:

There are several Specialty Car Rental places in Las Vegas.

https://www.gothamdreamcars.com/exotic-car-rental/las-vegas

http://vegasexoticrentals.com/

http://www.royaltyexoticcars.com/

Edited by tesgt350

Bummer, Vegas Exotic has a Shelby Cobra @ $650 a day, but I don't think I can fit in one of those. Was talking to a guy at our show last year about his, and he told me I was too big, and tall. None of the rest had Shelby. Where's Hertz with an H when you need one?

Bummer, Vegas Exotic has a Shelby Cobra @ $650 a day, but I don't think I can fit in one of those. Was talking to a guy at our show last year about his, and he told me I was too big, and tall. None of the rest had Shelby. Where's Hertz with an H when you need one?

That's a very good question, My advice is to pray to the Shelby Gods and you never know what might happen. I prayed for an automatic a couple of years ago and it got answered.

That's a very good question, My advice is to pray to the Shelby Gods and you never know what might happen. I prayed for an automatic a couple of years ago and it got answered.

I suppose if nothing else I know I can find a Mustang to rent, as long as nobody will throw stones or abuse the runt. :(

I suppose if nothing else I know I can find a Mustang to rent, as long as nobody will throw stones or abuse the runt. :(

ummmmm......no worries, this 3.7 automatic rental car abused some GT500's a few years ago. There's always multiple rental cars. I've had V6 Mustangs, V8's, and even a horrible, Mercedes last year. Now yes, I did catch some serious crap over that one, but the rental car company messed up and had the wrong car and couldn't fix it.

100_0337.jpg

ummmmm......no worries, this 3.7 automatic rental car abused some GT500's a few years ago. There's always multiple rental cars. I've had V6 Mustangs, V8's, and even a horrible, Mercedes last year. Now yes, I did catch some serious crap over that one, but the rental car company messed up and had the wrong car and couldn't fix it.

100_0337.jpg

Were you able to find a paper bag to wear when you were driving the Mercedes? That's just unacceptable.

Were you able to find a paper bag to wear when you were driving the Mercedes? That's just unacceptable.

It was so bad I couldn't even go this year because of the shame of it. I was to embarrassed to show my face after that.

Driving to Vegas from WISCONSIN... Always!! :shift::shift: Nothing is Better!! Although having the event end of Winter season is

somewhat easier on the Wife's stress level... and mine too if you know what I mean??

Wasn't Carroll Shelby from Texas, North Texas spring, summer or fall is always a nice centralized location, smack dab in the center. Texas Motor Speedway has more than enough parking, track and hotels to host this kind of event. Not quit as one sided as having it in Vegas for right coasters.