• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, and Lapel Pin -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated January 2, 2019. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
    • ForumAdmin

* * * 2019 TS VEGAS BASH TICKETS AVAILABLE * * *   01/24/2019

2019 Bash Tickets

Update: All items were sent out today!! Yes very excited to see them and get them installed.

Just an FYI, Gary Disney's customer service is excellent.

Love that company.

Edited: removed brand name

Edited by SWEDEMAN
  • Like 1

This door panel is what Gary offered me a few years back but didn't do it as the signature is so small on the door panel I thought it didn't look right

Looks incredible and registry included: Carroll's signature is ghosted in. If it was any bigger it would distract from all the snakes in there! ?

This is the same on Gary Disneys GT500KR.

Edited:

post-10457-0-32251300-1467167692_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SWEDEMAN
  • Like 1

New Shelby interior drivers side

post-10457-0-11654200-1468186556_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Looks Great!!! I am still going to do it, but had some other things come up. Maybe a winter project, then I can do the door panels and wheel like you did. I am thinking of the blue that looks like Ford Blue as my other color rather then the silver, but the silver looks Great!!!

Looks Great!!! I am still going to do it, but had some other things come up. Maybe a winter project, then I can do the door panels and wheel like you did. I am thinking of the blue that looks like Ford Blue as my other color rather then the silver, but the silver looks Great!!!

This is my second silver interior in my second GT/SC. The last one was "silver leaf" this looks more like the stripes, real bright silver very cool looking. Ok, here is my opinion. The interior is awesome, there is no way my custom interior guy could have matched the price. If I was going to do it again I would add a red stitching or a pop of color in there. This interior is very cool indeed, but nothing speaks like color.

FYI - we did have a few production issues, but Gary Disney/Shelby work perfectly together. Nothing seems to get this guy over cooked, he just rolls with it and takes care of any issues. I have ZERO complaints and only praise for this upgrade it is quite a journey and puts the car separate from all others and personalizes it, with the Shelbyregistry included by them directly comunicating by emails for registry purposes. I documented/printed every email to and from Shelby for my records as well.

Thanks man appreciate your comments.

This is my second silver interior in my second GT/SC. The last one was "silver leaf" this looks more like the stripes, real bright silver very cool looking. Ok, here is my opinion. The interior is awesome, there is no way my custom interior guy could have matched the price. If I was going to do it again I would add a red stitching or a pop of color in there. This interior is very cool indeed, but nothing speaks like color.

FYI - we did have a few production issues, but Gary Disney/Shelby work perfectly together. Nothing seems to get this guy over cooked, he just rolls with it and takes care of any issues. I have ZERO complaints and only praise for this upgrade it is quite a journey and puts the car separate from all others and personalizes it, with the Shelbyregistry included by them directly comunicating by emails for registry purposes. I documented/printed every email to and from Shelby for my records as well.

Thanks man appreciate your comments.

Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind how much improvement is made to the seat bolsters for added support? Looking at doing this but want something that improves the seats for track days.

Need to get used to the door panels, it's "really" silver (not that it doesn't look good, it's just different then the plain black i'm used to ^^).
The steering wheel is simply pure awesomeness!! Do you have pictures of your seats?

Edited by Jiggy

The seat bolsters are very nice and actually hug you in with no sliding around. The door panels with Carroll Shelby signature ghosted in looks excellent. i thank everybody for following this mini thread, I love the car and it now has tons of miles on it.......1100. :)

Look in my gallery or garage in my signature by clicking on my name, all pics in there.

Thanks all!

Edited:

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Looks good. May have to consider getting my headrests done in gold with "Shelby GT-H/SC".

Edited by H0050

Need to get used to the door panels, it's "really" silver (not that it doesn't look good, it's just different then the plain black i'm used to ^^).

The steering wheel is simply pure awesomeness!! Do you have pictures of your seats?

I just noticed on your grille that custom Snake emblem and don't recall SAI ever making one like that, did you have it custom done? If so can you post a closer up picture it looks very cool

• Like 1

I just noticed on your grille that custom Snake emblem and don't recall SAI ever making one like that, did you have it custom done? If so can you post a closer up picture it looks very cool

It says in his signature "Custom made Shelby GT Snake Billet Grille Emblem".........

Edited by mhr1961

That's jiggy's car, not mine. The emblem is very nicely done, forsure custom made.

It says in his signature "Custom made Shelby GT Snake Billet Grille Emblem".........

oh gee thanks for that... wanted closer look at it

HELLO, THINKING OF UPGRADING THE INTERIOR (DOOR PANELS, SEATS, CONSOLE, STEERING WHEEL, ETC.), ON MY 07 GTH. HOW DO I CONTACT GARY DISNEY?

You can get Italian upgraded leather for the GT-H that matches the stripes perfectly. The one he did was incredible looking.

Call him for pics.

HELLO, THINKING OF UPGRADING THE INTERIOR (DOOR PANELS, SEATS, CONSOLE, STEERING WHEEL, ETC.), ON MY 07 GTH. HOW DO I CONTACT GARY DISNEY?

Unless you can get very creative with the door panels they're not worth doing save the money

Unless you can get very creative with the door panels they're not worth doing save the money

Thanks 39. But I respectfully disagree even with your pedigree. How many custom Shelby interiors did you have? Didn't you like them?

So I have to chime in and kindly I disagree with you 100%. If you are doing a custom interior and leave the stock door panels on it is like leaving the tie out of the suit. I've done 2 GT/SC custom interiors, one black car and one white car. The black GT/SC had interior upgrade but I left the Gary Disney door panels out, big mistake. This time I did not make the mistake twice,Gary Disney had me send them down and for a few hundred bucks installed bright silver matching leather and even embroidered Carroll Shelby signatures into them. I never looked back.

Note: the steering wheel is another custom option I like as well.

post-10457-0-43808000-1479009161_thumb.jpeg

post-10457-0-03115600-1479009380_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Swede I know this is a little old, I am thinking about doing this again. Did you ship your steering wheel to them? Mine has the IUP so it has the chrome spokes, I noticed yours is wrapped now where the spokes were?

Thank you!!!

Swede I know this is a little old, I am thinking about doing this again. Did you ship your steering wheel to them? Mine has the IUP so it has the chrome spokes, I noticed yours is wrapped now where the spokes were?

Thank you!!!

Yes I did ship it to them, it turned out extremely nice. I will say if I was to do this again, I'd go black with white insets and red ditching. Seriously you'll never dirty those white seats as much as we drive our cars, it would be different if we drove 10-15,000 miles a year but we don't that is a show winner combination every time. I love my interior it's an incredible value for the money but that's what I would've done if I had to do it again.

Ok I changed out the Shelby console cover and door panels out. The silver ghosted look was nice but could not be seen from certain angles,,so I switched to the following interior mods and we'll be here next week for final installation.

1) Console cover is still 618 Silver but now has black embroidery on it

2) door panels are still 618 silver but now has black embroidery on it.

These are Shelby logo's and Carroll Shelby signature registry specific and done through Gary Disney.

post-10457-0-01418900-1502489936_thumb.jpg

post-10457-0-26315400-1502997589_thumb.jpg

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Ok here is the explanation.

When originally doing these I chose to have the silver embroidery on silver leather rather than black embroidery on silver leather, which was recommended at first! It was a ghosted look and was not visable unless you looked hard to see it. So initially I was thinking changing the emtire interior from silver to white /black, which is incredibly beautiful but for monetary sake I chose to have the door panels padded & the console re embroideredo black on silver leather, then they would show up and are semetrical. Also it was less expensive and now you can see them and they match.

So that was the method to my madness. :)

Update: 8/23/2017

Installed the door panels, let it soak in the sun for the day and they're smooth as a babies butt. The black embroidery on the console and the door panels looks factory perfect. All registry approved.

Door panel & console cover in black embroidery.

post-10457-0-45329200-1503005553_thumb.jpg

post-10457-0-87002600-1503005625_thumb.jpg

Edited by SWEDEMAN

Just an FYI.

These Shelby authorized custom interiors like on my car done by Gary Disney & Hillbank auto accessories is done,. What I mean is he is retired as of 1/1/2019.  These will no longer be made. You can still get Katskinz but not custom like these, just what Shelby orders.  

My interiors were all done in accordance & approval with SA. All the logo's, signatures etc had to be approved by SA to be installed. I appreciate Gary Disney for doing 3 interiors on my cars, it was a great company to work with. I also have to say they were and are incredible custom interiors all the way to the steering wheels. Expensive yes but a 1 off absolutely.

Thanks Mr Disney for all your incredible work, you'll be missed.post-10457-0-39370300-1490670300_thumb.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, SWEDEMAN said:

Just an FYI.

These Shelby authorized custom interiors like on my car done by Gary Disney & Hillbank auto accessories is done,. What I mean is he is retired as of 1/1/2019.  These will no longer be made. You can still get Katskinz but not custom like these, just what Shelby orders.  

My interiors were all done in accordance & approval with SA. All the logo's, signatures etc had to be approved by SA to be installed. I appreciate Gary Disney for doing 3 interiors on my cars, it was a great company to work with. I also have to say they were and are incredible custom interiors all the way to the steering wheels. Expensive yes but a 1 off absolutely.

Thanks Mr Disney for all your incredible work, you'll be missed.post-10457-0-39370300-1490670300_thumb.jpg

100% agree with you Swede. Gary did my interior back in 2009 and then refreshed the lower seats in 2017. Nothing but 1st rate customer service.  I just found out that he retired a couple of weeks ago when I bought a discounted SGT car bra off of eBay.  During the purchase Gary reached out and thanked me and said he was retired.  I'm happy for him, but darn it whose going to do a custom interior for my Hertz car now?