• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
hotrod40

Whats going on at Shelby American????

they must not be doing to bad. I know they dont sell the Shelby F-150s, since Tuscany builds them, but they must make some money on royalties. I have a feeling something "good" may happen with Shelby in the next few months (just trying to be positive people :shift: )

Mike thank you so much for your service as well, you and I will always be brothers!

I also I wanted to thank Chris for reaching out and giving me contact information. I will look to trying to contact you tomorrow, and hope you can help me out.

Thanks mark

Edited by Shelby73
  • Like 1

What I find interesting is when folks speculate or spread rumors of Shelby American's demise, do they not realize that the current Shelby car company has outlasted the 1960's Shelby car company, has outlasted the 1980's Shelby car company and has outlasted the 1990's Shelby car company.

That's right the current Shelby car company has been building cars for eleven years straight so I just don't get it. Hey at least they're consistent.

Steve

What I find interesting is that if they do close the doors, it's probably not going to be forever anyway. It wasn't the last 3 times.

also got to think about this. At least Shelby American is doing better than Saleen.

... but Saleen sets the bar pretty low...

... but Saleen sets the bar pretty low...

Saleen is about to be History......AGAIN.

Haha. I remember a video somewhere, where Caroll says, "We'll let the people that wanna build electric cars do their thing....and we'll keep building hot rods, like we've always done." I may have taken liberties on the exact quote, but it was very close to that.

I loved that!

He passed before the Tesla S blew away the Hellcat on the drag strip. I wonder what his thoughts would be on that today?

Carroll was not close minded about the potential of Electric Vehicles. Here is a video of him taking a spin in an electrically powered Cobra.Video is circa 2010. If I recall correctly he was dabbling in the EV Cobra several years before he passed away.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UqCsLzWRrM

Haha. I remember a video somewhere, where Caroll says, "We'll let the people that wanna build electric cars do their thing....and we'll keep building hot rods, like we've always done." I may have taken liberties on the exact quote, but it was very close to that.

I loved that!

He passed before the Tesla S blew away the Hellcat on the drag strip. I wonder what his thoughts would be on that today?

He also passed before Tesla started killing people with their unreliable electronic gadgets. And give me that Tesla at the Texas Mile and it will be toast, I guarantee it.

• Like 1

What I find interesting is when folks speculate or spread rumors of Shelby American's demise, do they not realize that the current Shelby car company has outlasted the 1960's Shelby car company, has outlasted the 1980's Shelby car company and has outlasted the 1990's Shelby car company.

That's right the current Shelby car company has been building cars for eleven years straight so I just don't get it. Hey at least they're consistent.

Steve

I also should have added that the current Shelby car company has built more cars than the 1960's Shelby car company, has built more cars than the 1980's Shelby car company and has built more cars than the 1990's Shelby car company.

So not only has the current company outlasted all the previous companies but has built more cars than all three companies combined along with offering more models for enthusiasts to choose from.

But according to a select few the company is going out of business. I guess if they say it long enough, at some point they might luck out and be correct but so far they have been wrong for the last twelve years going on thirteen years.

Steven

Carroll was not close minded about the potential of Electric Vehicles. Here is a video of him taking a spin in an electrically powered Cobra.Video is circa 2010. If I recall correctly he was dabbling in the EV Cobra several years before he passed away.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UqCsLzWRrM

Nice. :thumbsup:

He also passed before Tesla started killing people with their unreliable electronic gadgets. And give me that Tesla at the Texas Mile and it will be toast, I guarantee it.

I for one would give away my drivers license before I would ever own a Tesla or any other electric car. :shrug:

I like electric cars. They leave more fuel available for my Shelbys. :cool:

• Like 1

Shoot- I've driven a Tesla. The Performance trim on the S is pretty damn spectacular. But the range is my issue. I'd have to get a quick charger installed at the home and office.

And as far criticizing the auto drive, just wait- same thing will happen when all the manufacturers start rolling out their versions. Even some idiot driving an RV rolled his off the highway using cruise control and deciding it was time for a sandwich. I'll never trust a tech that can't analyze without independent thought.

And we all know how continuously reliable our computers, Ford Sync, electronic dash, batteries, etc. are in the real world. There is no 100 percent reliability so I expect a lot of nasty results on the use of auto drive. But then we already have too many drivers on auto drive who are texting, reading, putting on makeup and doing other stupid things that keep them from paying attention to the road.

post information removed due to the fact that it was meant as humor however was not taken as such.... have a great day!

Edited by Doug_GT350
  • Like 1

If you figure out the cost and life expectancy of the batteries in an a Tesla it works out that it costs about $190 a week to drive the car. The batteries cost about $42,000. I'm wondering if you could pick up a nice Tesla with dead batteries cheap, take out all the electric stuff and drop in a small block.....

When Fisker went out of Business, a small company started buying up as many Fiskers as they could from Dealers and switching them over to the Corvette Drivetrain.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-lutz-vl-automotive-fisker-karma-corvette-engine-2013-10

Edited by tesgt350

why

If you figure out the cost and life expectancy of the batteries in an a Tesla it works out that it costs about $190 a week to drive the car. The batteries cost about $42,000. I'm wondering if you could pick up a nice Tesla with dead batteries cheap, take out all the electric stuff and drop in a small block.....

why?

I would not doubt that someone will do something like that. If you can get a HazMat permit to deal with those dangerous batteries, it probably will not be allowed in California......... :)

I just wanted to say thank you to Chris for going the extra mile and restoring my faith in SAI. I only wish they still had as many performance parts as they once had. That being said it would be wise to get anything you might think you want before it gets discontinued. Thanks again Chris I appreciate what you did for me.

Mark

• Like 1

I saw a Tesla at a car show this weekend & talk to the owner says he can get 420 km before a recharge which takes 20mins at a recharge station. I ask him how much is a battery replacement & he said the dealer didn`t know as the batteries have an 8 year life & by time battery prices will have dropped , if you can believe that. He also said a battery change takes only 4 minutes. Nice sleek looking car .

How exactly did you figure out the life expectancy of 4.25 years? Seems very low compared to the Prius, most of which have the original batteries going strong over a decade later. My 2014 Ford Fusion Energi now has 53k on it and about 3 years of service and I have no noticeable decrease in range. At least 35k of those miles were on the juice. You're not drinking the Kool Aid are you?

I guess you could swap in a gas motor, but good luck finding any Teslas with dead batteries. And then you'd end up with a Tesla that is slower than all the others.

Back on topic, Shelby seems to be doing well. I'm saving up for one!

How exactly did you figure out the life expectancy of 4.25 years? Seems very low compared to the Prius, most of which have the original batteries going strong over a decade later. My 2014 Ford Fusion Energi now has 53k on it and about 3 years of service and I have no noticeable decrease in range. At least 35k of those miles were on the juice. You're not drinking the Kool Aid are you?

I guess you could swap in a gas motor, but good luck finding any Teslas with dead batteries. And then you'd end up with a Tesla that is slower than all the others.

Back on topic, Shelby seems to be doing well. I'm saving up for one!

The info was stolen borrowed from a friend and posted as humor because people were commenting on Teslas.... that is all. I will try to refrain from posting sarcastic remarks in the future.... please except my apology

Geez......tough crowd. :doh:

If you keep hitting your self in the head like that you could get a Concussion and be just like Hillary................................ :hysterical2:

I kinda doubt it would be very easy. The vehicle frame is designed for the weight distribution of batteries slung underneath. The weight distribution for a gasoline engine with rear differential wouldn't be easy. In fact, there is no tunnel at all, so you'd be looking at a rear/mid engine configuration at best. Then all the radiators and other plumbing would be a nightmare... Like was said earlier, why? The car itself without it being an electric vehicle is rather unremarkable.

We are way off topic here now......but as long as it's still worthy, IMHO, as long as most of us are alive (and maybe even our kids, kids), combustion engine cars will not go away. There's simply way too many positives. Especially now that they can make em pollute way less than they used to.

This world has and always will "run" on oil. It's what mankind goes to war over, for Gods sake! Oil is the internationally accepted currency...plain and simple.

• Like 1

The car itself without it being an electric vehicle is rather unremarkable.

And surprisingly loud. A lot more road noise than I expecting.

Edited by sheppd01

We are way off topic here now......but as long as it's still worthy, IMHO, as long as most of us are alive (and maybe even our kids, kids), combustion engine cars will not go away. There's simply way too many positives. Especially now that they can make em pollute way less than they used to.

This world has and always will "run" on oil. It's what mankind goes to war over, for Gods sake! Oil is the internationally accepted currency...plain and simple.

There was a Guy on Shark Tank trying to get an Investment to built an "Assembly" Plant to be the Dealer for a Car that runs on "AIR". YES, Air.