916er

WTB: 2011 GT500

I am looking for a 2011 GT500. I will consider a 12 but not a 10 as I like the upgrades the 11 and 12 have. I am kind of specific as to what I am looking for. I want Race Red with white stripes. I also would rather not have the SVT package ( I am not going to track the car and I like the wider stripes). The car must also have the Electronics Package. Please contact me if anyone has one for sale (315) 247-9168 Thank you all, Eugene

Just a couple of tips. I wanted a very rare and specific color, with low miles. It took me two years to find it, and in the 1.5 years I've owned it, I've only seen one other car equal to the one I bought. I found it 2000 miles away, and had to buy it sight unseen, and get it shipped via truck transporter.

1) Have all of your funds ready to go. Once you see the car you want, you must jump on it, or risk losing it.

2) Be prepared to buy a car outside of your geographical area, and have all transportation already lined up.

3) Use all the common websites. I found mine on ebay of all places. We completed the sale outside of ebay, as I personally don't like the site.

4) Stay away from dealer traded cars.

Don't be to afraid to take a risk, on the right car. I am sure glad I did, as the car I bought ended up being so much better than I imagined, and wouldn't have changed one thing. It was worth the two year wait, and now it's MINE! The car arrived via enclosed trailer, and the car was completely flawless. Hard to believe I bought something for $40k, sight unseen, but with the right documentation you can make an educated decision on whether to buy it or not.

Good luck with the search!

Thank you for the advise. I have bought many cars over the years and some sight unseen. It is a risk but if you know what you are doing, it usually works out OK. What do you mean by "stay away from dealer traded cars"? Do you mean I should not buy a car from a dealer but an individual?

I find that with cars like the GT500, or any high performance / specialized car there is a huge "pride in ownership". People baby these cars, and love them to death. Usually the traded ones, are beat on, modified heavily (then returned to stock), or have drivetrain issues. It's just I like to get to know the owner, and gather a nice history of the car, to help decide if the car is worth buying.

I just bought a 2011 GT500. Very nice car well taken care of like new condition. Only had 11,775 miles on it and it had never seen weather. Also I bought it at a Ford dealership in Utah. Needless to say I am very happy with this car. All original except wheels and tires. The person that traded it in was older gentleman that rarely drove it.