captdave

CSX2000 Sotheby’s - Monterey auction in August???

Why wouldn't it be there? You're not buying in to all that internet speculation are you? Just because you read it on the internet doesn't necessarily mean its true.

Steve

What I meant is if it is there to be auctioned, it could be pulled from the auction at the last minute by a judge's ruling I have heard, is that not true?

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

What I meant is if it is there to be auctioned, it could be pulled from the auction at the last minute by a judge's ruling I have heard, is that not true?

Unfortunately I can't get into that but remember just because people post their speculations on the internet doesn't mean they have accurate or first hand knowledge.

Unfortunately I can't get into that but remember just because people post their speculations on the internet doesn't mean they have accurate or first hand knowledge.

OK, so since you have the inside info, it WILL definitely be on the auction block, thanks!

what time is it supposed to cross the Block and will it be Televised, and what Chanel?

I would like to know the Sells Numbers on

All 5 are Carroll Shelby items.

Edited by tesgt350

This is interesting, wonder who put that plate on the CSX2000?

Is that the Plate Registered to that Cobra?

Greg Miller bought it. Going to a good home. Larry would be proud

Good. that means there is a good chance it wi) make an appearance at the Shelby American collection. maybe in a couple of weeks.

The scare is over. Great to know that it has gone to one of the finest classic Shelby collections anywhere that is open to the public.

This is great can be displayed with the 2 Daytona Coupes if they still have them plus GT40's, GT350's and more. At one point that track closed is it back open and racing?

Was at the SAAC convention there 2007 I think and seen all those cars in collection

Or it could go to the Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO where he has numerous cars. Now that the track has been sold (though the museum and restaurant remain for now), the complete collection might end up in SAC. Either way, it is in safe and honorable hands.

Didn't they recently sell a number of cars from the Miller collection? I wonder if they were raising cash for this buy.

Carroll's 427 Cobra went for just over $1 Million. Does anyone know what Carroll's Series 1, GLHS and Watch sold for?

Sad to see it go, but very glad to see who bought it! It's not going out of the country or being hidden away in a collection never to be seen again. I'm sure it will spend time at the collection here in Colorado and also in Utah. Very good news that it will still be available in the public eye.

Larry Miller and the Shelby American Collection swapped vehicles every few months to keep both collections from getting stale. I know that after the track closed a whole bunch of the Miller cars were in Boulder. I don't know if the Utah location has a public area any more.

Like I said, the Shelby American Collection annual party is in two weeks (from today). I'll be there. I'd bet that CSX2000 would be there too.

Anybody know the number of original Cobras that have sold for over $1 million?

Quite a few. Most of the CSX3000 originals will fetch that much, and some of the 289s will although most of the 289s are going in the 500s or so.