DPap

Newbie with a dilemma- '08/'09 GT500 OR mod my '08 GT

Hello TeamShelby universe- I’m Dean- Newbie here- actually.. a newbie to all forums in general.

First off I’d like to say that this is really a great forum- From what I’ve been reading/researching you guys are very informed & have a wealth of knowledge w/ plenty of experience when it comes to all things Shelby— so I decided to join it in hopes that some of you might chime in & help me out w/ your experienced opinions on a dilemma I’m having. Obviously this is a Shelby site but I’d appreciate any (impartial) opinions/recommendations from people who’ve had experience/owned/maintained/driven for a good amount of time- both 05-09 GT’s and 08-09 GT500’s (or even if you haven’t had a GT)

BASICALLY MY DILEMMA IS: Should I continue to look to try and purchase a (used) 08-09 GT500 (I like Vapor or Blue) with relatively low miles (30-40K miles) and with a build date after 09/01/08 (to be safe from a few TSB’s I’ve extensively read about)

OR

Keep my 08 GT w/ 80,000miles on it--> get a Compression test done & presuming all is well--> go about w/ performance modding it??

Here’s a list the Pro’s & Con’s of y I’m having a hard time with this;

08-09 GT500

Pro’s:

-Dreamcar :cool: *FORD GT also*

-Overall mean, aggressive, classic looks –always loved it!

-*Has all the ‘goodies’ on/in it from Shelby already—Stock SC’d, Shelby tuned suspension, sway bars, etc., etc.. on & on- Already built to handle a lott of power (don’t have to spend $$ upgrading unless I want to)

-Possible & endless capabilities for performance mods

Con’s:

-Possibly not having the newer TUET8175 transmission w/ updated input shaft ($$),

-TSB’s I’ve read about extensively (so far..) and the expense $$ to repair them (which would all be OUT OF WARRANTY/OUT OF POCKET). Ex. TSB GT500 Clutch Drag regarding the (warping)flywheel/clutch/slave cylinder- costs ~ $3-$6,000 to repair- if the car’s build date is before 08/27/08- but even if it’s built after 8/27 I’ve still read about owners having clutch issues

-Clutch failure and HISSING problems

-Buying a used model from (most likely) a Used Car Dealership out of state— they could tell me whatever they want just to sell the car (my problem)

- Don’t have time & $$ to spend flying out to physically check out the car if I find 1 I’m interested in (my problem)

QUESTIONS for 08/09 GT500 owners who have a build date past 08/27/08 (Newer: tranny, flywheel, clutch, etc.) and drive it often (DD in a sense)— how has the car held up? Have there been any major/expensive services that have had to been done? Many more TSB’s/manufacturer problems or routine maintenance? How are your clutches holding up?

I’ve never driven an 08, 09 GT500- so how different does the clutch & handling feel from an 06-09 GT? Does the clutch feel harder/easier/same?

--- I’m just real worried that after I get a GT500 I’ll start having all these really expensive problems to deal w/ within a couple thousand miles.. And I don’t have that kind of money to be spending for problems that should’ve been dealt w/ before the car went off the line.

For the most part- the 08-09 GT500’s I’ve found for sale online have an average ~ 30-40K miles on them, which isn’t bad- they were probably wknd cars— I’m thinking the owners of these were starting to have these major & expensive problems w/ them (which are now out of warranty)- so they’re trading them in/selling them off before they get much worse and have got to deal with em- so eventually all the potential new buyers will have to deal w/ these problems & expenses.. (I’m a New Yawker- unfortunately that’s how we think)

My ’08 GT:

Pro’s:

-It’s mine- 1 owner

-Custom looks the way I modded it :thumbsup:

-Capabilities of performance modding it- Fun factor

-Sentimental value (was planning to keep it for a longgg time)

Con’s:

-It’s not a GT500

-80,000miles – not a good idea to SC a car w/ so many miles on it (from reading and speaking to car enthusiasts)

-Overall not built to handle 480-up RWHP unless u spend lots of $$$ changing manyy things

-Expense to performance mod: SC, and everything that comes w/ it to make sure it runs smoothly in the long run— becomes a MONEYPIT (Possible mods I’ve looked into: Edelbrock SC, headers, performance stick shift, new exhaust, sway bars, tune’s (still learning about tuning and all this other jazz), etc… the list goes on & on. Like I said- MONEYPIT)

If you’ve read this far (Congrats..) you might be wondering why I’m considering buying from one of these online sites where the car is (most likely) on a used car dealership lot. Well the reason is bc I have 2 vehicles I could possibly trade-in to cover more than half the cost- if I like what they have to offer me for them. I’ve found online (cargurus.com, carsforsale.com) a few ‘08, ‘09 GT500’s in the $30-$35K range with miles ranging from 10k-40k miles (most Vapor Metallic, a few Blue Metallic). Prices will likely keep going down since winter is around the corner..

Than being said here’s a little background on what I’ve got to deal with—I have a [Dark Grey] 2011 Ford Ranger FX4 5-speed 4x4 w/ 28,300miles (I know- it’s a baby- & still owe $5k on it- got to sell it tho L) & I have a [silver Metallic] 2008 Mustang GT 5-speed Daily Driver(DD) w/ 80,000miles- I’ve done a few interior (cabin) & exterior mods (CDC ducktail spoiler, CDC black billet grilles, CS69 20” rims)- nothing major- HAVE NOT TOUCHED ENGINE regarding CAI’s, SC’s, tunes, etc.. The car is lowered (SRS lowering springs) & has a Magnaflow Magnapak exhaust system (that I’ve found to not b as loud as I would like anymore). That’s the extent of performance mods I’ve done. Basic maintenance & no major problems over these past 9 years- very reliable, fun and ‘clean’ looking car [get quite a few compliments on it J] But like most Mustang owners- always wish I had more of everything.. HP (w/ decent fuel efficieny), comfort, etc.. Trading in my truck and Mustang GT together would pay for the bulk of the GT500- iff these smaller dealership’s accept trade-ins with a good value in return. If the value is low I know I can negotiate a better price for the Ranger since winter’s almost here and the 4x4 is basically like new.

Circumstances change and I don’t drive nearly as much as I used to anymore but this would be my DD and I’d be using it for roadtrips (300-1k miles).

There you have it—my dilemma.. Chime in, give your .02, constructively criticize or just plain criticize.. all questions or comments are welcome!

I don’t think this is how a first forum post is supposed to go but.. :shrug: oh well I’ve gotta go to bed!

Thanks in advance,

Dean

You can find an 09-12 Shelby at a good price.

Go get a Shelby! You won't be sorry.

80,000 miles is too much to be modding.

Got any pics? :camera:

Dean,

I sent you a PM.

You can find an 09-12 Shelby at a good price.

True that TesGT350.. I'm only looking at 08-09's -prices aren't too bad- its the possible issues w/ the car the dealership's don't mention/leave out when selling it that worries me..

My 09 has 99k on her. Bought her a year ago from a Ford Master Tech in Oklahoma with 95k miles. She's my grocery getter on the weekends during the summer...well, actually I drive the hell out of her on the weekends and after work.

The car is solid. The trans problem was dealt with by the previous owner. These cars are built to DRIVE.

I looked for this car for 3 years. My advice, don't hesitate if you find the one you want.

Go get a Shelby! You won't be sorry.

80,000 miles is too much to be modding.

Got any pics? :camera:

Nice lookin Shelby's you got there 06H275!! Appreciate your 'unbiased' opinion.. jkjk :lol: I'm thinking the same thing about the 80k miles being too much- even though I never took it to a track or anything like that (spirited driving here & there, hard pulls every so often..)

I found some old pics of my GT (w/in 2 yrs) but I'm not sure how to put them up over here.. I c the image icon above but I just wanna download them from my Documents file on my cp.. sorry- still new @ this-- I'll play around w/ it

• Like 1

Dean,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks ViperNC-- If I had ur car I'd call it BBB... Beautiful Blue BEASTTT :donald_farr: :kyle_caraway : :donald_farr:

My 09 has 99k on her. Bought her a year ago from a Ford Master Tech in Oklahoma with 95k miles. She's my grocery getter on the weekends during the summer...well, actually I drive the hell out of her on the weekends and after work.

The car is solid. The trans problem was dealt with by the previous owner. These cars are built to DRIVE.

I looked for this car for 3 years. My advice, don't hesitate if you find the one you want.

I hear you on that WilsonChevy... I'm looking-- feels like the stars have to align for it happen- price is right, w/in my budget, right car w/ no issues (Vapor or possibly Blue), non-shadyish dealership, 'lower' miles, fair trade-in valuation's, etc..

Your car is amazing looking.. Love that cleannn look!! Great choice on those rimzz :cool:

So assuming you have the 2010 flywheel/clutch/slave cylinder- how light would you say is the feeling of it? Ever driven an 06-09 GT?--similarity to that is what I mean

post-46959-0-78133400-1477527855_thumb.jpg

Nice lookin Shelby's you got there 06H275!! Appreciate your 'unbiased' opinion.. jkjk :lol: I'm thinking the same thing about the 80k miles being too much- even though I never took it to a track or anything like that (spirited driving here & there, hard pulls every so often..)
I found some old pics of my GT (w/in 2 yrs) but I'm not sure how to put them up over here.. I c the image icon above but I just wanna download them from my Documents file on my cp.. sorry- still new @ this-- I'll play around w/ it

O6H275 ---I'm trying to dl some pics I have- just bear w/ me.. :rant:

post-46959-0-84326300-1477528231_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tint was 35% all around-- its now 55%- much nicer

post-46959-0-81995800-1477528399_thumb.jpg

I would let the manager try to get it resolved especially since the dealership has all the history on the car and you have purchased the extended warranty. Worst case scenario have a roll back pick your car up and install a quality aftermarket clutch. I'd then let the dealership know I was filing a complaint with the BBB and Ford. It'd been different if you had had the car for over thirty days and had not purchased the warranty. GL & keep us informed.

• Like 1

O6H275 ---I'm trying to dl some pics I have- just bear w/ me.. :rant:

I can see why your on the fence about getting a new car. Your GT looks great and it looks like you have given it a lot of TLC. The wheels look fantastic!

That was my dilemma when I got the Super Snake. I couldn't possibly sell the GT-H so I build an addition to my garage and managed to talk the wife into letting me keep both.

Good luck with your decision, but believe me, you won't be sorry about getting a Shelby!

I hear you on that WilsonChevy... I'm looking-- feels like the stars have to align for it happen- price is right, w/in my budget, right car w/ no issues (Vapor or possibly Blue), non-shadyish dealership, 'lower' miles, fair trade-in valuation's, etc..

Your car is amazing looking.. Love that cleannn look!! Great choice on those rimzz :cool:

So assuming you have the 2010 flywheel/clutch/slave cylinder- how light would you say is the feeling of it? Ever driven an 06-09 GT?--similarity to that is what I mean

Buddy has an 06 GT with some bolt ons. The clutch on my GT500 is definitely not as light as his 06. But the dyno sheet I have shows 590 rwhp (at sea level on 93 octane pure gas; so I'm probably closer to 570 hp at a mile high 91 pure gas and a de-tune). His 06 is 350 rwhp, so I would expect a heavier clutch on mine.

Thanks for the compliments! She needs some metal work, but from 10 feet you wouldn't know it.

Edited by wilsonchevy

Its time for a change, buy a GT500. There are plenty of low mile cars out there from both dealers and individuals. What is your budget? I have a friend that might be selling his 2008 Vista blue. No need to worry about the clutch, he replaced the stock clutch with a Centerforce last year.

You might be able to find a forum member willing to look at a car for you should you find one out of state. Keep us posted

GLWS

• Like 1

I bought my 2009 GT500 bout 4 months ago. Took me about 6 months to find it. Ended up finding it on Criag;s List I paid 28,000 for it with 14,000 miles on it. The first thing I noticed was the clutch. It requires twice as much pressure to compress it compared to anything else., but you get used to it. I'd let go of the other two vehicles and go for the SGT500. You sell one, keep the other till ya buy the SGT500, then unload the last one. Easy as that. You will never look back!

• Like 1

2 things I would not do-

1. Trade 2 cars, they are going to bend you over big time. Sell one now and the other after you find a car you like.

2. Do not buy from a used car lot, most of those are auction cars, you're rolling the dice, I have friends that own used car lots, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

What I would do is be patient, sell one of your current cars while you search, and wait fir the right car, there are plenty out there.

Good luck!!!

• Like 2

I can see why your on the fence about getting a new car. Your GT looks great and it looks like you have given it a lot of TLC. The wheels look fantastic!

That was my dilemma when I got the Super Snake. I couldn't possibly sell the GT-H so I build an addition to my garage and managed to talk the wife into letting me keep both.

Good luck with your decision, but believe me, you won't be sorry about getting a Shelby!

Thanks! Those CS69's were my 2nd mod- those tax returns paid off that year hah --Yah I've kept her in good condition over the years- no major problems (knock on wood)- just love the clean look of her

That's a real cool wife u got there-- tell her I said so lol

• Like 1

Buddy has an 06 GT with some bolt ons. The clutch on my GT500 is definitely not as light as his 06. But the dyno sheet I have shows 590 rwhp (at sea level on 93 octane pure gas; so I'm probably closer to 570 hp at a mile high 91 pure gas and a de-tune). His 06 is 350 rwhp, so I would expect a heavier clutch on mine.

Thanks for the compliments! She needs some metal work, but from 10 feet you wouldn't know it.

Appreciate the input-- It's good to know about those comparisons between the 2.. For me this (next) car would be a DD but- I don't drive nearly as many miles everyday anymore- (no more Long Island to NYC and back) so not as much stop & go. Clutch feel is key to me- I understand w/ more power it'll have a harder feel- I'm not expecting a Honda clutch but I wouldn't want an early 90's Porsche 911 Turbo either. And btw- ur car looks nothing like a butterface.. haha

I bought my 2009 GT500 bout 4 months ago. Took me about 6 months to find it. Ended up finding it on Criag;s List I paid 28,000 for it with 14,000 miles on it. The first thing I noticed was the clutch. It requires twice as much pressure to compress it compared to anything else., but you get used to it. I'd let go of the other two vehicles and go for the SGT500. You sell one, keep the other till ya buy the SGT500, then unload the last one. Easy as that. You will never look back!

I appreciate the Sargntmoon & Congrats on ur GT500! That's a really nice deal.. Are you keeping or changing the clutch? & have you done anything to it yet?

2 things I would not do-

1. Trade 2 cars, they are going to bend you over big time. Sell one now and the other after you find a car you like.

2. Do not buy from a used car lot, most of those are auction cars, you're rolling the dice, I have friends that own used car lots, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

What I would do is be patient, sell one of your current cars while you search, and wait fir the right car, there are plenty out there.

Good luck!

Carnit12-- thanks for the advice! Yes- I currently have my truck up on Autotrader and KBB.com - so we'll see if something pans out there.. Got a couple bites so far.

I'm feeling the same way about these Used car dealerships.. Ford Fest made a good point that if I do find something I would like I could possibly be able to find a forum member willing to look at a car if its out of state.. Patience is key right now but I'll keep u guys posted..

I know this blasphemousss ona Shelby site but.. there's also the possibility of asking for a trade valuation from 1 of those Ford dealerships that sell the 2016-17 models that come SC'd. hmmm idk.... 2017 GT w/ Perf.Pack. & Roush'd 670HP (I know.. not RWHP) doesn't sound too bad.. Took out a 50th anniversary edition '16 GT for a test drive a few months back- lousyy exhaust, but felt pretty good.. It's clutch spring out or a new clutch & it would've been very good.

2 things I would not do-

Good luck!!!

Reallyyy nice Shelby GT btw!! :thumbsup:

Reallyyy nice Shelby GT btw!! :thumbsup:

Thank you!!! Good luck!!! Ask a lot of questions here, we will help as much as we can.

DPap, welcome to the site! I had a 2006 GT convertible before I got my 2007 GT500 coupe, and it's a night and day difference. I recently replaced my TSB'd clutch and flywheel with the latest-generation 2010 clutch and flywheel, and it's finally the car I've always wanted. I don't have any performance mods beyond the Ford Racing CAI and tune, so for that level of power the factory clutch is perfect. It's smooth and easy, even for daily driving.

I recommend you go for a 2008-2009 GT500. It's a night and day difference, and there are plenty of low-mileage examples if you keep looking. There are great people on this site that can help you find one, if you're willing to travel a bit. Good luck!

DPap, welcome to the site! I had a 2006 GT convertible before I got my 2007 GT500 coupe, and it's a night and day difference. I recently replaced my TSB'd clutch and flywheel with the latest-generation 2010 clutch and flywheel, and it's finally the car I've always wanted. I don't have any performance mods beyond the Ford Racing CAI and tune, so for that level of power the factory clutch is perfect. It's smooth and easy, even for daily driving.

I recommend you go for a 2008-2009 GT500. It's a night and day difference, and there are plenty of low-mileage examples if you keep looking. There are great people on this site that can help you find one, if you're willing to travel a bit. Good luck!

MadManMoon-

Thanks for the response- your car looks really nice!! I appreciate your opinion on the matter being that you had a GT also. Right now I'm looking at selling my cars privately to get the most $$ I can for them (they really are in great condition). After I have a little chunk of change to play with I'll have to decide on what to do-- upgraded '08-'09 GT500 or '17 GT w/ Roush SC and a few other upgrades... [i really am curious to see what the new generation will look like/have to offer though..] I'll have some time to think about it but again-- thanks for your .02!

Dean

Hello TeamShelby universe- Im Dean- Newbie here- actually.. a newbie to all forums in general.

First off Id like to say that this is really a great forum- From what Ive been reading/researching you guys are very informed & have a wealth of knowledge w/ plenty of experience when it comes to all things Shelby so I decided to join it in hopes that some of you might chime in & help me out w/ your experienced opinions on a dilemma Im having. Obviously this is a Shelby site but Id appreciate any (impartial) opinions/recommendations from people whove had experience/owned/maintained/driven for a good amount of time- both 05-09 GTs and 08-09 GT500s (or even if you havent had a GT)

BASICALLY MY DILEMMA IS: Should I continue to look to try and purchase a (used) 08-09 GT500 (I like Vapor or Blue) with relatively low miles (30-40K miles) and with a build date after 09/01/08 (to be safe from a few TSBs Ive extensively read about)

OR

Keep my 08 GT w/ 80,000miles on it--> get a Compression test done & presuming all is well--> go about w/ performance modding it??

Heres a list the Pros & Cons of y Im having a hard time with this;

08-09 GT500

Pros:

-Dreamcar :cool: *FORD GT also*

-Overall mean, aggressive, classic looks always loved it!

-*Has all the goodies on/in it from Shelby alreadyStock SCd, Shelby tuned suspension, sway bars, etc., etc.. on & on- Already built to handle a lott of power (dont have to spend $$ upgrading unless I want to)

-Possible & endless capabilities for performance mods

Cons:

-Possibly not having the newer TUET8175 transmission w/ updated input shaft ($$),

-TSBs Ive read about extensively (so far..) and the expense $$ to repair them (which would all be OUT OF WARRANTY/OUT OF POCKET). Ex. TSB GT500 Clutch Drag regarding the (warping)flywheel/clutch/slave cylinder- costs ~ $3-$6,000 to repair- if the cars build date is before 08/27/08- but even if its built after 8/27 Ive still read about owners having clutch issues

-Clutch failure and HISSING problems

-Buying a used model from (most likely) a Used Car Dealership out of state they could tell me whatever they want just to sell the car (my problem)

- Dont have time & $$ to spend flying out to physically check out the car if I find 1 Im interested in (my problem)

QUESTIONS for 08/09 GT500 owners who have a build date past 08/27/08 (Newer: tranny, flywheel, clutch, etc.) and drive it often (DD in a sense) how has the car held up? Have there been any major/expensive services that have had to been done? Many more TSBs/manufacturer problems or routine maintenance? How are your clutches holding up?

Ive never driven an 08, 09 GT500- so how different does the clutch & handling feel from an 06-09 GT? Does the clutch feel harder/easier/same?

--- Im just real worried that after I get a GT500 Ill start having all these really expensive problems to deal w/ within a couple thousand miles.. And I dont have that kind of money to be spending for problems that shouldve been dealt w/ before the car went off the line.

For the most part- the 08-09 GT500s Ive found for sale online have an average ~ 30-40K miles on them, which isnt bad- they were probably wknd cars Im thinking the owners of these were starting to have these major & expensive problems w/ them (which are now out of warranty)- so theyre trading them in/selling them off before they get much worse and have got to deal with em- so eventually all the potential new buyers will have to deal w/ these problems & expenses.. (Im a New Yawker- unfortunately thats how we think)

My 08 GT:

Pros:

-Its mine- 1 owner

-Custom looks the way I modded it :thumbsup:

-Capabilities of performance modding it- Fun factor

-Sentimental value (was planning to keep it for a longgg time)

Cons:

-Its not a GT500

-80,000miles not a good idea to SC a car w/ so many miles on it (from reading and speaking to car enthusiasts)

-Overall not built to handle 480-up RWHP unless u spend lots of $$$ changing manyy things

-Expense to performance mod: SC, and everything that comes w/ it to make sure it runs smoothly in the long run becomes a MONEYPIT (Possible mods Ive looked into: Edelbrock SC, headers, performance stick shift, new exhaust, sway bars, tunes (still learning about tuning and all this other jazz), etc the list goes on & on. Like I said- MONEYPIT)

If youve read this far (Congrats..) you might be wondering why Im considering buying from one of these online sites where the car is (most likely) on a used car dealership lot. Well the reason is bc I have 2 vehicles I could possibly trade-in to cover more than half the cost- if I like what they have to offer me for them. Ive found online (cargurus.com, carsforsale.com) a few 08, 09 GT500s in the $30-$35K range with miles ranging from 10k-40k miles (most Vapor Metallic, a few Blue Metallic). Prices will likely keep going down since winter is around the corner..

Than being said heres a little background on what Ive got to deal withI have a [Dark Grey] 2011 Ford Ranger FX4 5-speed 4x4 w/ 28,300miles (I know- its a baby- & still owe $5k on it- got to sell it tho L) & I have a [silver Metallic] 2008 Mustang GT 5-speed Daily Driver(DD) w/ 80,000miles- Ive done a few interior (cabin) & exterior mods (CDC ducktail spoiler, CDC black billet grilles, CS69 20 rims)- nothing major- HAVE NOT TOUCHED ENGINE regarding CAIs, SCs, tunes, etc.. The car is lowered (SRS lowering springs) & has a Magnaflow Magnapak exhaust system (that Ive found to not b as loud as I would like anymore). Thats the extent of performance mods Ive done. Basic maintenance & no major problems over these past 9 years- very reliable, fun and clean looking car [get quite a few compliments on it J] But like most Mustang owners- always wish I had more of everything.. HP (w/ decent fuel efficieny), comfort, etc.. Trading in my truck and Mustang GT together would pay for the bulk of the GT500- iff these smaller dealerships accept trade-ins with a good value in return. If the value is low I know I can negotiate a better price for the Ranger since winters almost here and the 4x4 is basically like new.

Circumstances change and I dont drive nearly as much as I used to anymore but this would be my DD and Id be using it for roadtrips (300-1k miles).

There you have itmy dilemma.. Chime in, give your .02, constructively criticize or just plain criticize.. all questions or comments are welcome!

I dont think this is how a first forum post is supposed to go but.. :shrug: oh well Ive gotta go to bed!

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Did you sell your Ford Ranger? Edited by Captain Beyond

Did you sell your Ford Ranger?

Hello Captain Beyond,

My apologies-- I haven't been on the site in a while- lots going on here on the homefront- parents trying to sell their house, de-clutter, etc.. and I've got to help them.

I was going to write back and keep everyone updated-- to answer your question- Sorry no, I don't have it anymore... In mid November 2016 I ended up trading in my Ranger for a Convertible '09 Shelby GT500!! :love_shower: I've had a coupe/hardtop in one way or another for the past 19 years so I figured why not just have fun & go with the convertible.. You only live once!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if everyone who responded to my dilemma will read this/be updated or not but I figured to reply here instead of making a new thread..

My apologies-- I haven't been on the site in a while- lots going on here on the homefront- parents trying to sell their house, de-clutter, etc.. and I've got to help them.

I was going to write back and keep everyone updated-- In mid November 2016 I ended up trading in my Ranger for a Convertible '09 Shelby GT500!! :love_shower: I've had a coupe/hardtop in one way or another for the past 19 years so I figured why not just have fun & go with the convertible.. You only live once! And then about two weekends ago I sold my '08 Mustang GT to a very happy buyer! (I feel good considering it sold here in NY during the winter time)

The Shelby I traded in for is in Vapor Metallic (color I wanted) with only 28,300 miles on it (29k and change now), and luckily it wasn't too far away from me (NJ). From what I could see, it already had these Mods on it: JLT CAI, FR 65mm throttle body, 2.6 or 2.7 Metco pulley, passenger side JLT oil separator, SLP axle backs, an H-pipe, Koni adjustable rear and front shocks/struts and an SCT X4 tuner. No accidents reported, a new clutch recently installed (not sure which kind but my Mustang guy could tell me that its single disc and very very hard)

Comparing the Shelby to the GT.. well, I like to say the difference is 'day and night-mare' haha Needless to say I'm loving it whenever I've had the chance to take it out but the weather here in NY hasn't been all that great since November. Long story short I had to spend some money to get it dyno-tuned because of a check engine light (P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1) passenger side- I got 3 mechanic's opinions) and I also needed some new fuel pumps.. so that set me back a bit but I am truly in love with this BEAST!! Maybe that's why I don't have a girlfriend.. lol (FYI- these issues didn't come up when I test drove it twice- the dealership probably reset all check engine codes with the tuner) Anyway-- It made 549 RWHP/Max Power and 542 Max Torque!! I am more than happy with those numbers. Once the weather gets nicer I'll be using it daily.

I'm looking to purchase the McLeod RXT clutch/flywheel for it because the clutch on it right now is wayy heavy, like I said. So we'll see what happens with that.

Besides the clutch I'd just like to get some floor mats and I'm thinking about a CDC styling bar and either the MMD convertible wind deflector or the 'Love the Drive' wind deflector... the bar and deflector are pretty pricey though.. Other than that- there are a few things that need to be addressed over time and when I have the money for it- but as of now (weather permitting) I will just enjoy drivingg it whenever I can..

Dean

• Like 1