Sign in to follow this  
bill.50

Back up camera

I have a 2011 GT500 with SVT Track Pack and Electronics with Navigation. Is there a back up camera kit available that will display on the stock display screen?

Thanks

I have a friend who is having front and back cameras installed on his 14 GT 500 vert today! He says they hook up to the existing monitor. I will keep you posted when he gets home!

Please post photos of your friend's car. I think this may be exactly what I need for my car. I know the application is slightly different for 10-12 models

I am the one verlyn12 was referring to. I had both front and rear cameras installed by Kustomz Truck and Auto in Rapid City, SD. (605) 787-4179 ask for Justin Davis. Tell them Russ Peacock sent you! They did a super job and I am very pleased with the entire install. I have rear camera, front camera, I can switch to the rear camera as I am driving down the road or the front as I am driving, whatever I wish. I ordered a "Lockpick device" from Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc. ( pick whatever vehicle you need it for) (www.coastaletech.com) and then Kustomz ordered the cameras. The whole shebang ran me just a few bucks under a $1000, but I would have gladly paid that when I ordered the car! I hope this info helps somebody out there. Russ ( DakotaRuss)

By the way, they did use my factory nav screen. The lockpick wiring hooks up to the back of the nav screen you have, though they did tell me that if you have large hands like I do, it is a little more trouble!! That is one of the reasons I had someone else do it. If I had tried it, I would have had a non-usable Shelby with wires hanging out both doors and the nav screen laying on the garage floor in pieces. You get smarter as you get older!! DakotaRuss

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. SD might be a little far to travel for an install, but I will check locally and see what I can find