Jump to content
stngfever

Spring Fever Cruisin' the Mountains 2017

Recommended Posts

It seems to have gotten better as yesterday was showing Monday to be 80% with comments of thunderstorms developing, now says 60% chance of scattered.

 

Final decision in a.m. (if it stays as is or continues in the dropping direction it'll be a go for this weekend).

 

Keep doing the rain go away dances as it appears to be working! :worship:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to have gotten better as yesterday was showing Monday to be 80% with comments of thunderstorms developing, now says 60% chance of scattered.

 

Final decision in a.m. (if it stays as is or continues in the dropping direction it'll be a go for this weekend).

 

Keep doing the rain go away dances as it appears to be working! :worship:

Boy I hope so, because I like you, I need to get away!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am betting we are going to be fine since it keeps dropping percentage wise. Just like Scott, Doug and Jeff (even though Jeff hasn't been posting we talk almost daily), I need the break away also. Been a long winter up here and I am ready for some fun in the car.

 

50% doesn't scare me after living here in Michigan for so many years. If a storm does develop it can miss within a mile or ten away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this from Wikipedia so it has to be correct...

 

According to the U.S. National Weather Service (NWS), POP is the probability of exceedance that more than 0.01 inches (0.25 mm) of precipitation will fall in a single spot, averaged over the forecast area. This can be expressed mathematically:

· C = the confidence that precipitation will occur somewhere in the forecast area.

· A = the percent of the area that will receive measurable precipitation, if it occurs at all.

For instance, if there is a 100% probability of rain covering one half of a city, and a 0% probability of rain on the other half of the city, the POP for the city would be 50%. A 50% chance of a rainstorm covering the entire city would also lead to a POP of 50%. The POP thus usually expresses a combination of degree of confidence and geographic coverage.

Note that the POP measure is meaningless unless it is associated with a period of time. NWS forecasts commonly use POP defined over 12-hour periods (POP12), though 6-hour periods (POP6) and other measures are also published. A "daytime" POP12 means from 6 am to 6 pm.

Now you should be totally confused, or at least 75% if you have some confidence in the internet..... :headscratch:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummmmm, back to my scientific method of using weather.com :drop:

 

Still showing 40% Scattered Thunderstorms on Sunday and 60% on Monday in Various part of our planned route.

 

If this hold true or less by a.m., then we'll wing it and hope we're in the dry spots at the right time :victory:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous commentary by me was just stating the conditions for tomorrow's go-no-go :dance:

 

And some of our remote locations on Monday are back to showing 80% with rain developing into steady rain by afternoon, uggg :cry:

 

A.M. will be official decision.

Edited by stngfever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain or not going to miss it. Had to go out of the country on business. Good luck with the weather and BTW Avery County moonshine is the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Meadows, VA on Monday.......The rest of the weekend looks great!

 

 

 

 

MON
MAY 1
Thunderstorms
69°54°
80%
SSW 16 mph 79%
UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
4 of 10
6:28 am
8:12 pm
11:22 am
12:54 am
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Max Meadows, VA on Monday.......The rest of the weekend looks great!

 

 

 

 

MON
MAY 1
Thunderstorms
69°54°
80%
SSW 16 mph 79%
UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET
4 of 10
6:28 am
8:12 pm
11:22 am
12:54 am
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

 

 

So now your a weatherman??? :airquote:

 

 

Thats right you work at the airport, they know everything :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops .....wrong days

Got excited and thought the forecast had improved
Edited by grsybtch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

So now your a weatherman??? :airquote:

 

 

Thats right you work at the airport, they know everything :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

 

 

And if you don't like it, we'll beat the crap out of you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

And if you don't like it, we'll beat the crap out of you!!

Bring it on!!! :redcard:

 

Can I bribe you with Beer to take it easy on me??? :shrug:

 

:hysterical2::hysterical2::sunny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring it on!!! :redcard:

 

Can I bribe you with Beer to take it easy on me??? :shrug:

 

:hysterical2::hysterical2::sunny:

 

 

Oh Hell! Free beer will get you damned near anything!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather for this weekend has too much volatility (particularly for our Monday trek) as such, we're moving to the rain dates.

 

Make sure you call the hotels to change or cancel your reservations before the cutoffs.

 

This is the "official" no-go for this weekend! All dates moved one week out.

 

Post up if you need to cancel out or move to rain date.

 

Scott, Cliff, and Don are in for the rain dates.

Edited by stngfever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've checked with my weather guru here, he is showing this Sunday and Monday as rain days - :sing_rain: - in the areas we are headed towards.

 

He did, however, indicate that the weather models are showing NEXT weekend as much dryer, (and cooler), after an expected strong front moves through on Thursday/Friday.

 

Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be up for a Friday afternoon departure for the Florida team. The only issue I have is that I am not sure I can make the 29th event date due to a family commitment.

 

I am ok with the rain date.....go figure....

 

Still trying resolve family commitment without ending up in the dog house for life....

 

GT

 

Now you don't have to end up in the dog house as we're onto the rain date? :victory:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened before - Ces't la vie!

 

Reservations changed, though I can't be absolutely positive that I can make it until mid-week! (Got to talk to the boss!)

 

Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am good for the rain dates as well as going in a day early to hit the Snake as discussed. Jeff cannot make the rain dates due to a conflict at work.

 

Neither hotel has answered their phones yet. Those places crack me up. What a business.

 

That's too bad Doug, Blake and grsy. Hopefully something can change on your parts and at least join us for even one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reservations have been changed.

 

WOOHO....ONLY TEN DAYS AWAY...................LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reservations changed.

 

Cliff they are not answering phone because they dont want YOU there!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

 

 

 

No problem with changing my reservations.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am good for the rain dates as well as going in a day early to hit the Snake as discussed. Jeff cannot make the rain dates due to a conflict at work.

 

Neither hotel has answered their phones yet. Those places crack me up. What a business.

 

That's too bad Doug, Blake and grsy. Hopefully something can change on your parts and at least join us for even one day.

Thanks for the thought but a 8 to 9 hour trip one way is pushing it for one day. Just raise a glass for me when you sit down at night for some adult beverages. :party:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I already have Monday and Tuesday off, I think I might just go to the beach instead...and take my cookies with me

Edited by Rarecat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...