slamarre

Shelby GT350 2018 MY vs Oil Consumption Issues

On 8/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, Jim Millier said:

I purchased a 17 GT-350 at 62 years old I have broken in Many Engines . Start Up Warm Up and Not fully loading Your engine is Critical in Seating your Ring's and not Scuffing a piston skirt . Drained and Changed at 500 miles .Kept 3,500 rpm till 500 then 4 , 45 , 5000 till 1000 miles then let it Rip in bursts till 2,000 and out with Oil again . Now 3,500 miles and it's used less than a Quart . Now the New 5.2's have upgraded the Valvetrain ! Makes Me Sick , What do I Do ? Take it apart . Bummed 

The 19/20 Vodoo uses the GT500 head for commonality not because there was anything wrong with the old head or valve train. The 19/20 engines in the 350 and 350R are the same as pervious R models which is a little different than the Standard GT350. Any replacements have gotten the R motor

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, Jim Millier said:

I purchased a 17 GT-350 at 62 years old I have broken in Many Engines . Start Up Warm Up and Not fully loading Your engine is Critical in Seating your Ring's and not Scuffing a piston skirt . Drained and Changed at 500 miles .Kept 3,500 rpm till 500 then 4 , 45 , 5000 till 1000 miles then let it Rip in bursts till 2,000 and out with Oil again . Now 3,500 miles and it's used less than a Quart . Now the New 5.2's have upgraded the Valvetrain ! Makes Me Sick , What do I Do ? Take it apart . Bummed 

read your owners manual and GT350 supplement.  The GT350 is not a standard production engine. It is a production race engine. You "broke in" your engine about the exact opposite of what they suggest. It is best to follow the owners manual, not the 'old school" way you described above. You have a very short period of time to seat your rings and it is best done under load as described in in detail in the owners manual and supplement that comes with your car.