• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to briannaf@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
QuickSilverShelby

I counted 30 of the 2016 GT-H's for sale.

Sure would have been great if these were 18 models with the Bullitt engine up grade. 10 speed with 480 hp. That would have floated my boat. I did own a 06 GT-H a couple of years ago. I remember ford dealers were buying these at the auction for $60K when they were first released. The dealer I paid $31K for his showed me the invoice. Amazing prices and you have to remember these were the first Shelby’s since 69/70 model. There was a tremendous amount of excitement at the time. I still think the early SGT’s are cool 😎 and the SGT-H as well. Now another batch of Shelby’s will be coming out of flat rock soon. 100,000 will be reached soon. More for everyone to enjoy I guess. 

• Like 1

I guess it's the law of supply and demand!   But, you also have to realize when to stop the supply to keep demand steady!  I also really like the early SGT, SGT/SC and also the SGT-H.  May-be these early Shelby GTs will go the way of the early Mid-Year Corvettes and will always be popular and highly collectable!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

17 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I guess it's the law of supply and demand!   But, you also have to realize when to stop the supply to keep demand steady!  I also really like the early SGT, SGT/SC and also the SGT-H.  May-be these early Shelby GTs will go the way of the early Mid-Year Corvettes and will always be popular and highly collectable!   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Stopping supply does not automatically affect demand. If you use the GTH as an example , in order to create “demand” Hertz has  steadily lowered the price of the 2016 GTH. $150k, ……$80K,………..$75k, ……..$54k, ……..$49.9k,……$44.9k, and now $42.5K……..The amount of supply has had little to no impact because the majority of consumers still did not or do not see a fair value level even at $44.9k. Otherwise Hertz would not have now again dropped the price on about 2 dozen of them to $42.5k. When supply and demand meet an equilibrium these cars will sell at a much better pace. If they were selling at a rate Hertz thought was acceptable they would not keep dropping the price in an attempt to generate demand. I am not bashing the 2016 GTH,  just showing an example of some basic economics.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 2

Well back in 1980 I bought a 66 Mustang with a hipo 289 and a high rise intake ,4 speed ,white with blue stripes. Funny thing is it had a plate on the fender that said Shelby and that was cool. Today can’t touch that car for under ten times that price I paid. The car wasn’t much faster then a 66 mustang K code. Who knows what will become of the 06 SGT-H 07,08 SGT’s. I like um just like I liked the 66 fastback mustang with that funny little plate. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

The current younger generation has zero interest in cars compared to those 40 and up, I do not see that changing.  The ones that do have interest are more into the GTR/WRX type cars.  Many of us grew up loving the old Muscle Cars, we now love the fact they reinvented the old designs.  My 2 cents is demand will be no where near what it is now for 50 year old cars when our cars are the same age.  If you are buying hoping so I think you are making a HUGE mistake.  Drive them is what I say.

Just convince your buddies they need an automatic Shelby with pedestrian 435hp for the wife and let's get these cars bought up. Drive! Hand it down to the kid, quit tight-fisting all the cash. We already have several in Washington, and plenty of room for more.

Looks like 10 were sold in April 2018. 

12 hours ago, blz57 said:

Looks like 10 were sold in April 2018. 

By the webiste last month there were about 48 cars, so far this month there are 44........ so that would equate to 4 cars not 10. I realize they add and subtract cars at varying times so it is difficult if you are outside of Hertz to know the exact amount of GTH cars sold. Are you a Hertz employee?.... or is  your count of 10 verified by Hertz somehow?,............. or are you using new math?

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

By the webiste last month there were about 48 cars, so far this month there are 44........ so that would equate to 4 cars not 10. I realize they add and subtract cars at varying times so it is difficult if you are outside of Hertz to know the exact amount of GTH cars sold. Are you a Hertz employee?.... or is  your count of 10 verified by Hertz somehow?,............. or are you using new math?

I just follow the Sold list. It is slow to build up during each month, but once the month has passed, it seems to stay stationary. There were many "pending" on the For Sale list, but they got moved. 

I keep my own list (from the For Sale list here) of the cars that are UTL from either list (25 units when I started, now 19 at last check) - so part of the feel that for sale cars are not moving is become some that have not been on since I started looking randomly show up. Maybe been in the shop? 

Last I added up the units on the Sold list was 4/1/18 and in was 82. I have not added it up since. I watch all of this closely, just for grins if nothing else, and I feel they are moving a bit faster that you think. 

I am not a Hertz employee....but an UW by vocation, so I am used to crunching numbers. 

I just counted 95 Sold as of 5/5/2018 - from the list. 

ok, just was wondering how you came up with your stats. So it looks like about 50 or 60 cars left in the fleet if your numbers are correct. If Hertz is happy with the pace the cars are selling then good for them, but there is no denying the  way they have gone about it has not helped the value of the cars. If they sell at a rate of 8 to 10 per month then maybe they will have them sold off by the end of the year..........

They should start moving at this point, I am sure you could haggle under $40K now. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.