• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
FiaCobra

New tire suggestion

It's that time fellas, I need new sneakers for my 2009 KR. I want to get a good tire that fits the stock alcoa 18" rims. What does everyone recommend ?

What will you be doing with the car?

Street driving. I do like to launch the car hard and mash through the gears though !

post-11668-0-40613900-1497317155_thumb.jpg

Edited by FiaCobra
  • Like 2

I suggest Nitto Invos. They're quiet, handle well and look great. Or Cooper Zeon RS3

Driving it ?

JK :)

Ok, you're the guy who wears high-heels to a race and tennis shoes to church?

:hysterical:

It's that time fellas, I need new sneakers for my 2009 KR. I want to get a good tire that fits the stock alcoa 18" rims. What does everyone recommend ?

Best bang for the buck right here.

Been driving with these on my KR since 2012 (I know a number of other guys driving various Shelby, all with the same excellent results)

They work in the rain, and even on the track!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2&partnum=74YR8K120XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Edited by Cali_KR

Street driving. I do like to launch the car hard and mash through the gears though !

I got you beat by another 20 mph.

So no drag or track racing.

All the suggestions here are great choices.

I got you beat by another 20 mph.

So no drag or track racing.

All the suggestions here are great choices.

I would have went quicker but it's still limited to 155mph. When I get new sneakers I'll have the limiter removed and see what the car can do stock.

I would have went quicker but it's still limited to 155mph. When I get new sneakers I'll have the limiter removed and see what the car can do stock.

:talkhand:

:hysterical:

New KR owner here, with the same tough decision. Check out this tire calculator link.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

This helped me understand changing the size tire can deviate the overall diameter quite abit.

There is not a whole lot of options in 285/40/18.

I went with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. 275/40/18 rear 255/45/18 fronts. Super good value, and great reviews! They are awesome. I get WAY better traction than the stock tires. They hook up real nice. I took her to the WHM shootout in Sealy Tx. yesterday 40deg weather. Did a little burnout, best I could and ran 1/4 mile 12.01...2.0 60ft....123mph with them. The track was packed. I know I could have dipped into the 11's with a few more shots at it.  Not bad on 275 street tires that cost half price of mpss. They're pretty quiet and grip really good.

I actually bought a set of those for track days.  275/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.  Was pleased with them as a tire that I could beat through multiple heat cycles.  Held up well and gave predictable feedback.  

I just put on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the KR. I have the 20” Alcoas on it so went with 285/35/20s on the back and 255/35/20s on the front.  

Michelin Pilot Sport 3A/S+, huge difference in ride and overall driving experience over anything else I've mentioned.