HyperStangs

Looking to start new Shelby club in Phoenix area, any interest?

Expanding into the Phoenix area and looking to connect with local Shelby owners in the area. Noticed there are plenty of Mustang clubs but no Shelby specific organizations as yet (that I know of). Im considering organizing events, races, show participation, etc. Is there any interest? I would be happy to start a group, establish by-laws, run website and social accounts, foster a relationship with shops and dealers.

Jeff

Man I would love to. But the Phoenix area Shelby scene is very small. Not saying Shelbys aren't around, just that they are a rare site besides maybe the same two or three that go to shows every time. But I would love to be involved with Shelby owners around here.

I'm out in Tucson and wouldn't mind occasionally participating. There is a Mountain region group but they seem to never do anything in the Southwest.

Well, I was hoping for more but this is a start. I'm developing logos and I've already started to put together the social platform. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

New logo coming soon.

Edited by HyperStangs

Jeff,

Hey I just joined the Mountain Region and noticed your post. I would love to be a part of the group and participate as frequently as possible. Am totally new to this scene but eager to meet local Shelby owners, and help increase awareness of these Thoroughbreds.

Okay, the FB page is up and running as of TODAY and we are officially a Team Shelby affiliate! Here is the link and the logo and we'll start getting folks together. Its okay if we start of small, this club is going to be strictly top notch! Feel free to meet at the new FB site as the new website and other assets are developed. Looking for help, if you're interested drop me a line at Jeff@HyperStangs.com.

https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaShelbyPerformance/

21688290_10214255986336985_3287319423061

Edited by HyperStangs

And just like that, ASP is gone and Team Shelby Arizona Chapter is born.

• Like 1

Brand new member here and new soon-to-be a low-mileage 2009 Shelby GT500KR owner.   I just sent a "join group" request on the facebook site.  

Is there a particular dealership, service writer, or independent shop that you all would trust with similar 2009 GT500 or GT500KR; preferably in Phoenix-metro area.  This baby will need all of its important fluids flushed before we enjoy it very much.  I did all the wrenching and upgrades on my '88 Mustang 5.0L coupe, but I don't think I feel that self-assured with this new machine.

Harold & Angie
Phx, AZ

There must be a lot of new and classic Shelby vehicles around in hiding.  And not just the ones that venture into Scottsdale in January.  I will kep an eye out for events for when I come to visit.  My son and family live outside of Phoenix in Gilbert but he isn't getting either of my Shelbys sen to him... yet.  :cool:

23 hours ago, Harold Jones said:

Brand new member here and new soon-to-be a low-mileage 2009 Shelby GT500KR owner.   I just sent a "join group" request on the facebook site.  

Is there a particular dealership, service writer, or independent shop that you all would trust with similar 2009 GT500 or GT500KR; preferably in Phoenix-metro area.  This baby will need all of its important fluids flushed before we enjoy it very much.  I did all the wrenching and upgrades on my '88 Mustang 5.0L coupe, but I don't think I feel that self-assured with this new machine.

Harold & Angie
Phx, AZ

22 hours ago, Kenneth Brown_28694 said:

Count me in. I have an 07 GT500. Also have a Saleen but promise not to drive it to Shelby events.:)

Arizona falls under the Mountain Region of Team Shelby so the best suggestion I have is get in touch with the Mountain Regional Director at jeffj30@yahoo.com to see what regional events Arizona has going on and I would also ask Jeff is there is a State Team Shelby Director for Arizona. If there isn't an Arizona State Director perhaps one of you would want to take on the role.

Steve

• Like 1

This is really kind of strange.  The Phoenix Shelby Cobra group is THE most active Cobra group in the country.  You have the best primo driving season on the planet. They head to the mountains early in the morning in the summer and are just starting the more regular weekend jaunts south.  I can't believe there isn't an active Shelby Mustang group!  One of our former members here and Mustang owner hangs around with the Cobra guys!

Edited by twobjshelbys