• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
IASHELBYGT

Anybody Knowledgeable About Power Washers?

Hi all - I'm looking to purchase a new power washer. I want something that can clean the vinyl siding, power wash the deck and also use on my cars. What do you all recommend. Is gas powered better than electric? Is more PSI better. What about accessories? What is something you wished you had when you purchased yours? Thanks in advance for the help and insight.

Dave

I have burned up quite a few different electric models. I will never own one again. Their life tends to be limited. I researched quite a few gas models and ended up with the Ryobi 3100 Honda Powered unit from Home Depot. Always starts on the first or second pull as Honda's almost always do. They do build a fine small engine. It has a idle down technology which allows the engine to drop to an idle when you release the trigger. This definitely will help with the pump life so as not to keep the impellers at high pressure when not needed, putting a harsh drag on the engine. It also has a built in detergent tank for soap application. So far three years with no hassles or issues at all. It has 5 different nozzles built in to the tip.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-3100-PSI-2-5-GPM-Honda-Gas-Pressure-Washer-with-Idle-Down-RY80940B/203615829

• Like 1

I have burned up quite a few different electric models. I will never own one again. Their life tends to be limited. I researched quite a few gas models and ended up with the Ryobi 3100 Honda Powered unit from Home Depot. Always starts on the first or second pull as Honda's almost always do. They do build a fine small engine. It has a idle down technology which allows the engine to drop to an idle when you release the trigger. This definitely will help with the pump life so as not to keep the impellers at high pressure when not needed, putting a harsh drag on the engine. It also has a built in detergent tank for soap application. So far three years with no hassles or issues at all. It has 5 different nozzles built in to the tip.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-3100-PSI-2-5-GPM-Honda-Gas-Pressure-Washer-with-Idle-Down-RY80940B/203615829

That's great information! I have an electric washer i'm not happy with so this may be the way to go.

Also I have a Honda power invertor I use camping, and I agree 100% that Honda engines start the first or second pull always!

I got one that I think is the house brand from Lowes. Works great. Used it on construction sites and even washing cars (just the daily drivers!) after long bug infested trips. I don't know if mine is Honda or not but it also starts after first or second try (provided you use it often enough).

Edited by twobjshelbys

I've had both gas and electric power washers, currently have gas and will probably never buy an electric again. In my experience electrics just don't put out the same psi as the gas powered ones.

You usually get what you pay for so I would suggest going with a name brand 5hp or more 4 stroke engine.

Steve

• Like 1

Steve has good suggestions. The electric ones have limited power and are prone to failure after only a few uses due to all the plastic parts and hoses. Four cycle gas is best. I find Honda engines most reliable. I would recommend putting a little stabilizer in the fuel as if the unit sits for a few months, the E10/15 fuel separates and is usually requires changing the gas.

My experience is not just in limited use but having my business for years next door to a washer and airless painter repair shop. He would not accept electric toys and knew which gas models rarely came in for repair.

3000+ psi needed for cutting the oxidized wood off a deck ... and toes of not careful lol. 2000 psi range is good for overall cleaning, like cars.

I bought a Generac OneWash last year, it's awesome. It has a dial to change the PSI 3200-2000.

I bought a set of second story nozzles and a 50' extension for the wand hose. Does everything I needed. And it's manufactured in WI.

http://www.generac.com/all-products/pressure-washers/residential-grade/onewash

PS. I found out the hard way, you can only use a 50' hose from the spicket to the pressure washer and must have a minimum of 5gal per minute to feed the unit.

(I tried using a 100' hose and the damn thing keep shutting itself down; NOTE completely read the instructions :doh: )

Edited by 08SGT1234

I got one that I think is the house brand from Lowes. Works great. Used it on construction sites and even washing cars (just the daily drivers!) after long bug infested trips. I don't know if mine is Honda or not but it also starts after first or second try (provided you use it often enough).

I just looked mine up. It's a "Powerboss" which is a Briggs and Stratton built unit with, of course, a B&S engine. I think I got it at Lowes, but it might have been Home Depot.

I also have a Honda powered unit, a simple design from Troy-built. A little Sea-foam additive in the fuel and I run the carb dry every time. Hasn't let me down in 6 years. I DO wish it had a better solution for soaping, but not my first concern when I bought. If I had to buy again I would look for better wheels (plastic just sucks) and an on-board soaping reservoir.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your input. I'll post out what I purchase when I get it. :thumbsup:

I have this same one. Works great.