• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Goats4ever

"GO LIKE HELL!" Autographed by Carroll Shelby

Can anyone tell me the value of this book? Real Carroll Shelby autograph. I bought one in 2009 and am selling. See below and Pics. Thanks in advance. Jim

Home / Etceterini / Shelby Foundation Offering Signed “Go Like Hell” Books
Shelby Foundation Offering Signed “Go Like Hell” Books

November 17, 2009

Go-Like-Hell-Book-Cover-188x285.jpg?resiThe Carroll Shelby Foundation is offering 66 signed copies of “Go Like Hell – Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans.” The critically acclaimed book tells the remarkable story of how Carroll Shelby helped Henry Ford II, Lee Iacocca and the Ford company defeat mighty Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Each copy being offered by the Foundation has been signed by Carroll Shelby and the book’s author, A.J. Baime.

The books cost $225 each, with all proceeds benefiting the Carroll Shelby Foundation, which provides financial support for children to help overcome life-threatening health issues and promotes continuing education. The signed books are available at CarrollShelbyFoundation.org or by calling (310) 327-5072.

“This is a special book about an important time in American racing history,” said Shelby. “A.J. did an amazing job of telling the story of how we took on the prancing horse and shocked the world in France. Each of these autographed copies is a true collector’s item and will be sold to benefit the Foundation.”

The Foundation is offering 66 signed copies of the book to commemorate Ford’s victory at the 1966 24 Hour of Le Mans. Mark Bechtel of “Sports Illustrated” writes, “One of sports’ greatest grudge matches finally gets the treatment it deserves in A.J. Baime’s dramatic and always entertaining book that’s sure to appeal to anyone who enjoys a good underdog story.”

“My goal with ‘Go Like Hell’ was to remind sports fans of how intense the great Ford and Ferrari rivalry was,” explained Baime. “During my research, I quickly learned that it was the relentless nature of the individuals involved that made the Le Mans win possible. Carroll has continued that approach with his Foundation for nearly 20 years now, which is why I’m proud to partner with him to offer this limited number of signed books.”

[source: Shelby Foundation]

post-20207-0-54876800-1510714155_thumb.jpg

post-20207-0-21084500-1510714163_thumb.jpg

Jim,

In my opinion it would be difficult to get your 2009 purchase price for this book. Although the GLH book is a good read there just isn't much demand for that book. Kind of like autographed SAAC Registry books, they just don't sell for much as there is no demand.

You also have to keep in mind that although the Foundation said they are selling just 66 signed copies of the book how many Shelby enthusiasts sent their own copy of GLH to the Foundation for an autograph which means there could be many more autographed copies out there.

You could always put it on ebay with a fixed price of what you paid but it might just sit there unsold. Perhaps I'm wrong on that.

I would like to be more optimistic but am just going by what we've seen in the past with autographed Shelby books. Now if you had an autographed GTH or SGT book from that same time-frame you would be in a much better position because of the demand for those books.

Best of luck on the sale and perhaps someone from TS has been looking for this item.

Steve

• Like 2

Thanks Steve. I really appreciate the time you took to respond. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Jim

Let's hope I'm wrong on my assessment but for some reason Shelby autographed books & Hot Wheels just don't seem to be in demand.

Wasn't this GLH book going to be made into a movie? Maybe if a movie is made it would increase the interest in the book.

Or was a movie already made from the book and I'm just not recalling it?

You might also want to consider that people were willing to pay $225 originally because the money was supporting the foundation and that made them feel good. There's no additional motivation in putting $225 or more in your pocket.

One other consideration is the massive number of items that CS signed for years for fans before the Foundation and than after the Foundation was started. He used to go into the office and sign posters and collectibles by the hundreds every week. At shows, I assisted him on a number of occasions during his signing hundreds of items for hours. He loved the fans and relished raising funds for the Foundation.

There are a few people that now that never had the opportunity to acquire a signature or even meet him, so there might be a small market for the new collectors. Best offer on eBay is probably the best way to go.

• Like 1

One other consideration is the massive number of items that CS signed for years for fans before the Foundation and than after the Foundation was started. He used to go into the office and sign posters and collectibles by the hundreds every week. At shows, I assisted him on a number of occasions during his signing hundreds of items for hours. He loved the fans and relished raising funds for the Foundation.

There are a few people that now that never had the opportunity to acquire a signature or even meet him, so there might be a small market for the new collectors. Best offer on eBay is probably the best way to go.[/quote

I never got to meet Carroll Shelby but wish I had.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I realize that many never met CS, especially those that desired to meet him after purchasing something more affordable with his name, like the 2007-2014 Shelby GT500 (over 45,000 produced). But considering how much he was available to fans around the country and the quantity of signed items that he did for decades, the CS signature is not rare by any means except maybe to a few specific items like this book. My estimate would be that it is worth what a collector will pay for this specific item so auction would be the best bet.

Good luck with the sale. :cool:

• Like 1

45,000 Shelbys GT500s arent that many. They made over 20,000 1969 Z/28s. I owned a 66 GT350 and wanted a signature ....going to a good cause. We cant all own cobras.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I am just agreeing with Steve's previous comments about the sale. There are some CS signed items that command some much larger money due to the demand for certain specific items. This might be one to a collector of early CS memorabilia. But I have not seen that demand of late.

Edited by 66GT350PS

I am just agreeing with Steve's previous comments about the sale. There are some CS signed items that command some much lager money due to the demand for certain specific items. This might be one to a collector of early CS memorabilia. But I have not seen that demand of late.

Got it

The desirability of autographed Shelby memorabilia can be all over the place. I'm still amazed how little demand there is for an autographed 1957 Sports Illustrated with Carroll on the cover but put an autographed GTH book on ebay and you can start counting the money being bid.

I just looked on ebay and you can purchase an autographed sun visor for $5,000 but just three auctions below that you can purchase an autographed Shelby Hero Card for $40 so obviously one seller is trying to cash in and another seller is selling for less than what the Foundation charged for an autograph.

Like I said, prices can be all over the place.

I tried to send you a PM about the book, but it said your PM was not accepting messages. Let me know if still available. I'm not interested at $225, but maybe we could come to an agreement below $200 somewhere. Thanks

Bueller Bueller?? OP I tried to PM you but not accepting messages