SAI-Steven

2018 Shelby Bash Hotel Announcement

Not going to PS.  See everyone in Vegas

Edited by H0050

On 1/6/2018 at 5:16 AM, Madlock said:

If it weren’t for the event, I’d do just about anything not to stay at this, or any other, property which engages in the practice of assessing meaningless “Resort Fees” which account for absolutely nothing and guests cannot stay without paying rather than advertising the actual room rate and perhaps not always appearing first atop the list of supposedy least expensive alternatives which meet the search criteria.

Othwrwise, I’m very much looking forward to attending.

FYI- almost all the big hotels are now charging resort fees. It's just a scam to keep the room price shown artificially low.

But what's worse is that I'm seeing them charge for parking. Last October I stayed at Mandalay Bay specifically to support them after the shooting and had to pay $15/ day because I wasn't a huge gambler and didn't have a higher type of M-Life card or whatever.

Silverton parking was free, outdoors. Not sure about the garage.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

FYI- almost all the big hotels are now charging resort fees. It's just a scam to keep the room price shown artificially low.

But what's worse is that I'm seeing them charge for parking. Last October I stayed at Mandalay Bay specifically to support them after the shooting and had to pay $15/ day because I wasn't a huge gambler and didn't have a higher type of M-Life card or whatever.

Silverton parking was free, outdoors. Not sure about the garage.

All of the strip properties north of Mandalay Bay now charge for parking. The MGM properties started it first and then slowly (as the contractor became available to install the system) followed.  First hour is free so if you're going in to pick up some tickets or something, but unless I'm going to a major show at the MGM or T-Mobile we no longer visit the strip.  They have essentially closed down locals visiting the strip and are migrating to the Silverton and south, and the outlying properties (we go mostly to the Green Valley).  So either the strip will eventually drop parking fees or the outlying properties will start charging too.  Lemme guess what the trend will be.  Hint:  I won't pay $20 to park for a $10 burger dinner.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Not all properties on the Strip charge for parking.  The Venetian does not, nor any of its affiliate properties.  All the MGM member properties do and the Bellagio.   Free parking for Planet Hollywood also at the public lot behind the Miracle Mile Mall.  And best of all, no parking fee at Shelby American lot!

We quit going to any of the MGM properties, and sent them our M card, when MGM Grand Properties started backing and financially supporting CAIR and the SPLC. There are too many alternatives.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.