• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
venom

does FORD have the parts for both airbags available yet?

Haven't been to the forum in quite awhile. Did some searching on the forum and couldn't find my answer.

I just called one of the few local dealers that I trust and inquired about the Takata airbags.

The service manager took my VIN and said that FORD still does not show any replacement parts for the "passenger" side airbag.

Is this factT?

Has anyone out there had BOTH "driver" AND "passenger" airbags replaced?

No. Passenger side is still not available.

Trust me, the word will spread like wildfire when they are. They will historically trickle out with the southeast east and midwest (humid areas) getting them first.

Thanks twobj and I had the same thoughts SAI regarding all the letters and postcards I've been receiving which is why I poked in here to ask about it. Thanks guys! :)

All the notifications are for the drivers side part.

Honda is getting very aggressive. I saw on the news the other night they have roving teams driving around looking for Honda vehicles parked on the street and will change out the inflator on the spot. They are also scouring junkyards and removing the airbag assembly (the whole thing) from scrapped vehicles so that if they are ever rebuilt they won't have the defective part in them.

The company that made the faulty airbags is on the hook to replace them.  However, the challenge was so great so they have declared bankruptcy.

Yep you and me both DSG!  :)

Just got my notice for the passenger side a couple weeks ago. Called and got on the list. I was told parts will be shipping to dealers around the end of April to mid-May.

Got a letter today stating  a repair is available for your vehicle,  guess I'll be going to get er done soon . 

On 3/27/2018 at 4:01 PM, B Shelby said:

Got a letter today stating  a repair is available for your vehicle,  guess I'll be going to get er done soon . 

I've received several of those types of letters in the past only to find out that it was just for the "driver" side. I just got another notice in the mail 3 days and it doesn't indicate anything about which side it is for? Does your letter "clearly" state that the passenger will be available or in other words both sides will be available for repair?

The letters I've gotten from Ford explicitly say which side.  If not you can find out by going to the Ford recall site and entering your VIN number.  That info will say which side the recall (and parts availability if they are available) applies.

so I checked the Ford Recall site and this is what it shows as status for the "passenger" side. This means part is still not available right?

• Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THEIR PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.

I went to my dealer and  showed them my recall notice 16S26 and they put my name on a list , so when they get one or two they will call me , said it should not be long.  Passenger side coming ,, drivers side done already 

21 minutes ago, B Shelby said:

I went to my dealer and  showed them my recall notice 16S26 and they put my name on a list , so when they get one or two they will call me , said it should not be long.  Passenger side coming ,, drivers side done already 

Don`t hold your breath, I was told that last October.

4 hours ago, venom said:

so I checked the Ford Recall site and this is what it shows as status for the "passenger" side. This means part is still not available right?

• Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THEIR PASSENGER FRONTAL AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE.

Yes, it does mean it is not available for your vehicle yet.  The parts are being rolled out by region (humid areas first).  Older models first.  So even though the same part is used, priority will be given to those with the highest risk.    Be patient, you will get a letter from Ford when it is available for your area.

Received a letter today stating the passenger-side airbags are now available.  Haven’t checked with the dealer regarding parts yet.

Had mine replaced last Friday. I'm under the impression they are becoming available in the southern states first, I live in Florida. I had called a local dealer 2-3 months ago and got on the list, they called two weeks ago and we set an appointment. I was at the dealer no more than a half an hour.

How long did this take for both inflators?

Had my passenger bag fixed earlier this month (May). Driver done last year.

Took my 2007 Shelby GT500 for airbag replacement today.  They replaced my drivers side cover with a plain Cobra, not happy at all!

I have 800 miles on my car and had it signed by Shelby wanted everything original!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Not happy!

Screenshot_20180713-084605 (1).jpg

On 7/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Take it back.  all they have to do is swap tha canister

Agree.  Someone took your cover.  The airbag is replaced on the back of your cover.....

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:57 AM, The Chairman said:

Agree.  Someone took your cover.  The airbag is replaced on the back of your cover.....

Any luck with taking it back?

I had mine done, I knew something was wrong but thought it was my imagination.

Received an email from the service adviser yesterday that my passenger side AB is in stock. I just need to make the appointment...