• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
case12

Diecast Authentic

How do you know if a diecast was actually signed by Shelby? It appears many versions were sold with printed signatures, and eBay is selling them as the real deal.

First, a decal or sticker will have all areas perfectly even throughout the entire signature without any ragged edges like a marker might have from uneven pressure.  Carroll's signature is so complicated that the signature will almost have to be larger that most. Ebay sells C.S. signature decals but the smallest in about 4" long. Lastly I am not aware that he ever signed any dicasts (Toys ) nah.

Carroll signed plenty of diecast cars over the years. As with any collectible any provenance such as a COA, photos of him signing, letter of support,witness statements, validation from an autograph expert,etc,etc is helpful. He could sign his signature small if he needed to. I have 2 sunvisors that fit a 2006 to 2009 Shelby that I had signed by him in the small plastic mirror holder/cover area. He also dated both of them and it it is easily legible. I even provided the specific silver paint based marker he used to sign them so it wouldn't fade like a regular ink sharpie. Sig measures about 3 inches across by about 3/4 inch high.

On 1/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, mhr1961 said:

Carroll signed plenty of diecast cars over the years. As with any collectible any provenance such as a COA, photos of him signing, letter of support,witness statements, validation from an autograph expert,etc,etc is helpful. He could sign his signature small if he needed to. I have 2 sunvisors that fit a 2006 to 2009 Shelby that I had signed by him in the small plastic mirror holder/cover area. He also dated both of them and it it is easily legible. I even provided the specific silver paint based marker he used to sign them so it wouldn't fade like a regular ink sharpie. Sig measures about 3 inches across by about 3/4 inch high.

Found a very nice one with picture of Shelby signing across the whole hood in silver sharpie for $200.00. very happy. Have to be careful about printed signatures....

Found a nice 1:18 still in the box with Shelby autograph on the boxes' clear front plastic. Real deal. Very nice. Bought for $47.00

Be careful of the items he signed on the outside on the plastic as the ink fades in time.  He stopped signing some smaller diecast models as it got too difficult not only to sign them, but also to unpack and repack the models.

I have many signed Shelby diecasts and books and I continue to look for other good examples.  He signed thousands and thousands of diecasts, posters, and paintings.  After seeing enough examples you get to know items that are printed stickers of his signature such as the Exoto Cobra Coupe #98, Kyosho Children’s Foundation Cobra, and the Shelby Collectibles #98 Cobra Coupe.  Those signature tampos on a diecast do not make it worth any more, the value is only from the rarity and condition of the item...and what a person is willing to fork over for it at the time.  I have seen fake signatures for sure and signatures on odd items that don’t make any sense (like a baseball or even a diecast Camaro).  I’ve also seen people take those smaller vinyl stickers and put them on an uncommon diecast and call it real...not.  So, you do have to watch out.

Like the other guys said, the best thing to do is look for items that come with COA’s or pictures of him signing.  And, look to see that the ink is not even across the entire signature which would indicate a sticker.  Most valid COAs come from Carroll Shelby’s organizations (like the Heart Foundation) and some others from Curt Scott at Crown Publishing (Cobra Country).  Beware of some people that copy a picture of him signing something common (like the Franklin Mint GT350) from an authentic auction, fake the signature on another item themselves (usually they’ll say they have no box or paperwork with it) and saying that the item in the picture is the actual one being sold...some folks are underhanded.  I’ve seen obvious fakes where the signature on the car or painting is bigger than or simply different than the picture.  I’ve also seen items that are called Signature Editions that had no autograph on the item but came with a supposed COA that had a copied (I.e., not authentic) CS signature.  Don’t fall for that either.

Lastly, look to see if it is an auto pen signature.  After Mr. Shelby passed in 2012 they began selling commemorative items signed with an auto pen.  These are nice but obviously not the real thing.  The value in those, to me, is knowing that you donated to a worthy cause like the Children’s Fund rather than having an authentic signature.  Best way to tell those is that the ink is the same throughout due to the even pressure of the machine, and the traditional line Shelby drew under his signature has three tick marks in it.  In his real signatures he always drew a line and had two tick marks.  I’ve never seen him not put that line and tick marks in his signatures, even on items that were round and therefore harder to sign (like the fenders of diecast cobras).

There are some good sellers on eBay that have really high quality items and just do your research before buying for your collection.  And display it for goodneess sake!!...don’t buy it to hide it away.  I hope this helps.

Matt

Matt makes lots of good points.  However, there a lot of signatures from CS that he did before the Foundation that do never had a COA.  Also the Foundation did not start issuing COA until after a few years and not at the car show events in the 1990s.  It is fairly easy to detect a decal signature and a little harder to spot an auto pen one.    Since CS signed so many cars, collectibles, books and posters by the hundreds, I always wonder why there is n need for bogus ones, but there are many.  So beware.

Here is a great place to see some cool diecast and much more old car stuff . Come on over Mongoose. Keith and Chris. See yah soon. Slo Lane.  Just found another lane. :hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Ok just for old times sake 

533AEED0-1472-4373-AF46-0010A4955024.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIKEBOY said:

None of my diecasts are “authentic”. :hysterical: 

Later

Well then you are at the right place and the welcome mat is out. 

• Like 1

Hey Slo Lane,   way to go buddy!       Here's a really cool but "Hot" picture that I think will really hit the hearts of Shelby lovers from all over the World!! My wife saw it on the news this morning.    Here's two of California's best helping out in the (Wild-Fires) saving a very rare 66 GT-350 Shelby that probably irreplaceable to the owner. They pushed it out of a burning garage and down the street in a valiant effort to save this very rare piece of history!!     In this time of death and destruction it's kind of nice that they still had a sense of thought to do this, and save a piece of Automobile History!    :cool:    

Later buddy!    "GOOSE"         

IMG_0422.JPG

Boy that’s one hell of a story there Mongoose. It’s such a tragedy out there. Can’t imagine going to bed and waking up to such a complete infernal and the having to out run the flames. My heart goes out to those brave souls. It seems like it’s always  something going terribly wrong these days no matter where you live. Knock on wood. 

Later slo Lane. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,   way to go buddy!       Here's a really cool but "Hot" picture that I think will really hit the hearts of Shelby lovers from all over the World!! My wife saw it on the news this morning.    Here's two of California's best helping out in the (Wild-Fires) saving a very rare 66 GT-350 Shelby that probably irreplaceable to the owner. They pushed it out of a burning garage and down the street in a valiant effort to save this very rare piece of history!!     In this time of death and destruction it's kind of nice that they still had a sense of thought to do this, and save a piece of Automobile History!    :cool:    

Later buddy!    "GOOSE"         

IMG_0422.JPG

Hey Chris, the Video King!    I think there's a video available for this pic, if your interested!   Remember I'm a low tech guy, your lucky there's even a picture!!!  LOL    :lol:   

Later Buddy!              "GOOSE"                       :peelout:

Mongoose you are doing a great job. Hell two years ago I still had a flip phone. Bonnie just said its been 4 oh well 😔 I did post a few pictures on the diecast thread . You might like check it out bud. 

Yeah can’t wait for the video man to post up those videos. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok just for old times sake 

533AEED0-1472-4373-AF46-0010A4955024.jpeg

Finally! A SWEET wheel!! 

Oh, and I like that black treatment on the duct....it kinda masks the silly shape of it a bit. :thumbsup:  And the hood has some nice lines for Goose! :) 

20 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well then you are at the right place and the welcome mat is out. 

:blush: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

:blush: 

That’s a quote from the bandit .....the welcome mat is out and your going into the rocking chair good buddy. Hiding from those ass hats. 

“east bound and down and keep that bandit  truck-in” 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Nice price on a 2008 KR with 5000 miles.They say no issues but I wonder. Might be wrecked car that dodged the Carmax report. Too good to be true. That means they bought this car for like $37K . That’s lower then anything in the market by $10K. Most low mileage cars are like $51K to $86K for a 81mile car. Now most 08 ‘s will eventually have to have the faulty fly wheel replaced alone with the rest of the parts it will damage. That’s probably $4500 right there. 

01FF5E92-AFED-43DF-84C3-53CA73E87073.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

25 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Finally! A SWEET wheel!! 

Oh, and I like that black treatment on the duct....it kinda masks the silly shape of it a bit. :thumbsup:  And the hood has some nice lines for Goose! :) 

Hey Chris, yes the hood has some nice lines, but I still feel it's missing a little something to make it "Pop"!!!     J.M.O.    :headscratch:           Later buddy!           "GOOSE"        :peelout:  P.S.   Hey Chris,  did  you miss my question on ever being at the "Coffee Plantation" in Scottsdale, AZ. ???

7 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Nice price on a 2008 KR with 5000 miles. That’s lower then anything in the market by $10K. Most low mileage cars are like $51K to $86K for a 81mile car. Now most 08 ‘s will eventually have to have the faulty fly wheel replaced alone with the rest of the parts it will damage. That’s probably $4500 right there. 

01FF5E92-AFED-43DF-84C3-53CA73E87073.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, are you looking to buy another KR to put next to your 09 vista blue KR!   That would make a good looking pair!    I had heard they had a (Big Time ) fly wheel problem with the earlier GT500's and they had it corrected by the 09 KR.    Later Big Guy!            "GOOSE"         :peelout:

Hey mongoose you are not going to believe this but our site is back up. I guess we can all go back and use this as a back up if this happens again.  Tim  the administrator emailed me and said he only meant to hide two post . It was a mistake in the process 

no way I’m I buying anything for a long while. 

• Like 1

Mongoose repost your Shelby picture over at the C8 site please. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose repost your Shelby picture over at the C8 site please. 

It's posted !!!         Later Dude!             "MONGOOSE"     :peelout: