case12

Books Signed

I can still find books Signed by Shelby cheap. Picked one up from the Children's Foundation, with COA for $165.00.  

2 hours ago, czardoz1 said:

They’re the auto signature not his original signature. 

I've looked at several of them. Yes, his printed signature is at the bottom of the forward. But then there is a larger 'autograph' at the top. I have seen the books without the autograph, and many with the autograph, and the autographs are all different, and in different places, and on different front pages. One book is even hand-personalized with a autograph. The children's foundation receipt says it is signed by Carroll Shelby. I will post a pic when I get it. Maybe they have used a play on words .... after doing my homework, it doesn't smell fishy, but I will let you know (BTW, as a hobby I collect autographs, some in person and some not.  I have over 100 baseballs (favorite is Sandy Koufax), about 50 celebrities (my favorite is from Harrison Ford in person), a dozen of astronauts (got John Glenn from his museum just months before he died), dozens of military historical & political (McArthur, Nimitz, Nixon, Reagan and yes, even Trump).  (For political, you have have to be careful with auto pens, but often their giveaway is pen touch down and pull up - hard to do with a book too). And auto (My favorite is Bob Tasca Sr. In person)) I won't be sure till I get it, but for the price, even the book is nice.  Do you have some ideas that will help me check it out?  - details are important --- appreciate the warning! I was burnt by a Jackie Robinson that even the PSA  and JSA can't  agree.  Really got burnt with a Ty Cobb - had to just throw it in the closet. Many thanks, Casey

P.s. Shelby autograph is not a big deal for me since I have had them before - and I knew they were real.But I had to sell them. I just want one to put with my GTH that I know is real - he ain't around to prove it anymore, so I am doing my best.

Edited by case12
Add info

2 hours ago, case12 said:

I've looked at several of them. Yes, his printed signature is at the bottom of the forward. But then there is a larger 'autograph' at the top. I have seen the books without the autograph, and many with the autograph, and the autographs are all different, and in different places, and on different front pages. One book is even hand-personalized with a autograph. The children's foundation receipt says it is signed by Carroll Shelby. I will post a pic when I get it. Maybe they have used a play on words .... after doing my homework, it doesn't smell fishy, but I will let you know (BTW, as a hobby I collect autographs, some in person and some not.  I have over 100 baseballs (favorite is Sandy Koufax), about 50 celebrities (my favorite is from Harrison Ford in person), a dozen of astronauts (got John Glenn from his museum just months before he died), dozens of military historical & political (McArthur, Nimitz, Nixon, Reagan and yes, even Trump).  (For political, you have have to be careful with auto pens, but often their giveaway is pen touch down and pull up - hard to do with a book too). And auto (My favorite is Bob Tasca Sr. In person)) I won't be sure till I get it, but for the price, even the book is nice.  Do you have some ideas that will help me check it out?  - details are important --- appreciate the warning! I was burnt by a Jackie Robinson that even the PSA  and JSA can't  agree.  Really got burnt with a Ty Cobb - had to just throw it in the closet. Many thanks, Casey

P.s. Shelby autograph is not a big deal for me since I have had them before - and I knew they were real.But I had to sell them. I just want one to put with my GTH that I know is real - he ain't around to prove it anymore, so I am doing my best.

How about a gold GT-H ring that was given to only 5 or 6 executives back in 2007 when the GT-H's were being built?

QSS

IMG_2761 (800x533).jpg

2 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

How about a gold GT-H ring that was given to only 5 or 6 executives back in 2007 when the GT-H's were being built?

QSS

IMG_2761 (800x533).jpg

So Awesome!!

13 hours ago, QuickSilverShelby said:

QSS

IMG_2761 (800x533).jpg

Thats Cool! :thumbsup: