• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Some fun.................

On 7/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, svtkeith said:

White sugar is and always was the culprit...BUT in the 70's they made everyone believe fat 

/cholesterol was the big killer....funny thing is they made everything low fat back then and replaced it for taste with sugars and fake sugars

and wa-la a generation after there was more heart disease and diabetes and allergies than ever before.

True, processed sugar has some bad stuff for it, but the fake sugars are what is really the problem.  Diet sodas, artificial sweeteners, and the like, and obesity and disease is way up since those were created.  Natural sugar is better than the fake stuff, and stevia is better than that.

6 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

True, processed sugar has some bad stuff for it, but the fake sugars are what is really the problem.  Diet sodas, artificial sweeteners, and the like, and obesity and disease is way up since those were created.  Natural sugar is better than the fake stuff, and stevia is better than that.

Exactly Doc.....Yeah either go the natural way and I believe stevia is from a plant leaf is it not?

3 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Exactly Doc.....Yeah either go the natural way and I believe stevia is from a plant leaf is it not?

Yup, stevia is a plant.  And the most widely used sweetener in China.  Much sweeter than sugar.  I've been using it instead of sugar for about 20 years now.  Until 10 or 15 years ago it wasn't even allowed as a sweetener in the US, thanks to the sugar lobby, but that finally went away.  The other fake sugar that has caused major health problems is high fructose corn syrup.  And that stuff was the reason for the Coke/New Coke/Old Coke wars, cuz Coke needed to switch sweeteners from sugar to HFCS, so they came out with new Coke, then when everybody was ready, they came back with Coke, but with HFCS instead of sugar, and managed to fool most people.

55 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yup, stevia is a plant.  And the most widely used sweetener in China.  Much sweeter than sugar.  I've been using it instead of sugar for about 20 years now.  Until 10 or 15 years ago it wasn't even allowed as a sweetener in the US, thanks to the sugar lobby, but that finally went away.  The other fake sugar that has caused major health problems is high fructose corn syrup.  And that stuff was the reason for the Coke/New Coke/Old Coke wars, cuz Coke needed to switch sweeteners from sugar to HFCS, so they came out with new Coke, then when everybody was ready, they came back with Coke, but with HFCS instead of sugar, and managed to fool most people.

In regard to the coke/new coke/coke conspiracy you mentioned, it is simply not true and that rumor comes from people who tend to wear tin foil hats. Not saying you wear a tin foil hat, just saying that rumor started with the conspiracy theory crowd. Coke had already switched to HFC a few years prior to even coming up with “New Coke”. The reason Coke came up with “New Coke is that they were consistently losing market share to Pepsi so they started tinkering with their formula and doing blind taste tests to try and get a formula that would beat Pepsi. Once they came up with a new formula, rather than just change it without notifying consumers they came up with the “New Coke” marketing campaign, which was a marketing debacle that is still used in marketing classes to this day to analyze how to not launch a product. They didn’t switch to “fool people” . In the early and mid 1980’s almost all soft drink and numerous other food/drink manufacturers switched to either adding HFC’s or totally switching due to the cost of HFC’s being lower than sugar.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 1:42 PM, tesgt350 said:

YES, People who are Cruel to Animals are the ones to watch out for and avoid when it comes to Relationships.

Ya that is the first thing I ask a beautiful women do you like animals.:hysterical2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Heck didn't know stevia was out that long...good info thanks Doc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Heck didn't know stevia was out that long...good info thanks Doc.

Go read up on Stevia and low T. and a reduction in  LH and reduced DHT......it ain't good....... unless you want to possibly voluntarily chemically neuter yourself. There is a big difference between the Natural Stevia Plant and processed Stevia that most people buy.

22 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Go read up on Stevia and low T. and a reduction in  LH and reduced DHT......it ain't good....... unless you want to possibly voluntarily chemically neuter yourself. There is a big difference between the Natural Stevia Plant and processed Stevia that most people buy.

I won't bother as I don't eat hardly any sugar anyway for the most part but if I do splurge it's the real thing....if indeed it does mess with ones testosterone

that's not good....I believe any sugar will effect ones T from what I was told white processed sugar raises a mans estrogen which lowers your T...same

as access fat does on a man body.

• Like 1

yeah I don't consume much sugar either. I try to just eat healthy as much as possible without going overboard about it. I don't worry so much about sugar..... the scarier thing is all the polymers that mimic hormones in your body that we are being exposed to through packaging, on top of that almost all municipal water is piped through giant polymer pipes into homes that are also now almost all plumbed with polymers now, every time you sit in your car your are exposed to plastics and all the outgassing. Just about anything you touch or consume now is contained,delivered or exposed to polymers. Livin will kill ya............

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

yeah I don't consume much sugar either. I try to just eat healthy as much as possible without going overboard about it. I don't worry so much about sugar..... the scarier thing is all the polymers that mimic hormones in your body that we are being exposed to through packaging, on top of that almost all municipal water is piped through giant polymer pipes into homes that are also now almost all plumbed with polymers now, every time you sit in your car your are exposed to plastics and all the outgassing. Just about anything you touch or consume now is contained,delivered or exposed to polymers. Livin will kill ya............

Pretty much the case poison is all around us.....I'm lucky in the sense I live out in the country so all my fish I buy right from the wharf when

the fishing boats come in and my beef is local also grass fed only....the only time I don't eat as well is when I travel but not much one can do about that

other than try and pick the best possible food on the menu....another thing I won't eat is processed meats even when traveling.

• Like 1

Hey all you guys, like I said before, it's all about the $$$$$  to be made by some of the very big companies.   The all-mighty "Dollar Rules", It's as simple as that!!  Anything for a "Buck"!  I guess you could say we are the Guinea Pigs in a polluted world of unhealthy products that continue to make money for the manufacturers!!!:yup:  :stop:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey all you guys, like I said before, it's all about the $$$$$  to be made by some of the very big companies.   The all-mighty "Dollar Rules", It's as simple as that!!  Anything for a "Buck"!  I guess you could say we are the Guinea Pigs in a polluted world of unhealthy products that continue to make money for the manufacturers!!!:yup:  :stop:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

Yur right Goose it's all about the $$$$$...…:spend:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Yur right Goose it's all about the $$$$$...…:spend:

SOOOOO, if we destroy the Dollar maybe it could be all about the Twinkie.....huh, who's with me........???   :whistling:

• Like 1

Speaking of Twinkies......................... does anyone know where I can get specially designed Challenge Coins made out of solid Silver and Solid Gold?  I do not think the Company I use for my regular Challenge Coins does them in actual Silver and Gold. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

In regard to the coke/new coke/coke conspiracy you mentioned, it is simply not true and that rumor comes from people who tend to wear tin foil hats. Not saying you wear a tin foil hat, just saying that rumor started with the conspiracy theory crowd. Coke had already switched to HFC a few years prior to even coming up with “New Coke”. The reason Coke came up with “New Coke is that they were consistently losing market share to Pepsi so they started tinkering with their formula and doing blind taste tests to try and get a formula that would beat Pepsi. Once they came up with a new formula, rather than just change it without notifying consumers they came up with the “New Coke” marketing campaign, which was a marketing debacle that is still used in marketing classes to this day to analyze how to not launch a product. They didn’t switch to “fool people” . In the early and mid 1980’s almost all soft drink and numerous other food/drink manufacturers switched to either adding HFC’s or totally switching due to the cost of HFC’s being lower than sugar.

I heard that from a Coke employee, so maybe they were wearing the tinfoil hats at the time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

That's some major BS.  All those studies were done on rats, and with really high amounts of stevia.  Stevia been used in China and Brazil for hundreds of years, don't think there's been a problem there.  My guess is that the sugar industry is financing some bogus studies because their profits are going down.  I've been using Stevia for over 20 years, and none of those problems are affecting me.

6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

That's some major BS.  All those studies were done on rats, and with really high amounts of stevia.  Stevia been used in China and Brazil for hundreds of years, don't think there's been a problem there.  My guess is that the sugar industry is financing some bogus studies because their profits are going down.  I've been using Stevia for over 20 years, and none of those problems are affecting me.

Do you have any kids?

:lurk:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Speaking of Twinkies......................... does anyone know where I can get specially designed Challenge Coins made out of solid Silver and Solid Gold?  I do not think the Company I use for my regular Challenge Coins does them in actual Silver and Gold. 

Checkout the web site, medalcraft.com, they make custom die struck medallions, challenge coins, ect.   (Medal Craft Mint Inc.)

Later!

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Checkout the web site, medalcraft.com, they make custom die struck medallions, challenge coins, ect.   (Medal Craft Mint Inc.)

Later!

Thanks, I will.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Secondo said:

Do you have any kids?

:lurk:

Oh hell no.

All this talk about healthy food.... I made it to 63 eating junk food and drinking beer, so I'll continue doing that. I did smoke for several years but gave that up 35 years ago when the price went to a dollar a pack! If I die tomorrow I can say I had a pretty good life!!

Cheers!!!

• Like 2

The Admin on another board I frequent has this in their profile: Eat well, exercise, die anyway.  which is true, no matter what you do, you can avoid the invertible.  But, moderation is a good thing to follow, so that you can at least enjoy what you're doing.  You could get wiped out by a meteorite, or a crazed knife-wielding nutso, or a drunk on the freeway tomorrow.  So, if I want to eat some BBQ ribs, and have a cold soda (ideally one with sugar), and maybe an ice cream, then I'm gonna enjoy it.  And I'm gonna eat the ice cream first just in case that meteorite comes down before I get to it.

Yup, that about sums it up! I once had a doctor tell me to cut down on my beer drinking.... my new doctor and I talk about where to get a good IPA during my visits.

Have I made some poor choices in my life... yes! Will I make more ... yes! Do I dwell on it... no!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

The Admin on another board I frequent has this in their profile: Eat well, exercise, die anyway.  which is true, no matter what you do, you can avoid the invertible.  But, moderation is a good thing to follow, so that you can at least enjoy what you're doing.  You could get wiped out by a meteorite, or a crazed knife-wielding nutso, or a drunk on the freeway tomorrow.  So, if I want to eat some BBQ ribs, and have a cold soda (ideally one with sugar), and maybe an ice cream, then I'm gonna enjoy it.  And I'm gonna eat the ice cream first just in case that meteorite comes down before I get to it.

I have a friend (same age as I am) who stopped drinking Soda and is now just drinking Water or Soda water and he eats Vegie & Soy Burgers, Fake Bacon and other Fake Foods, he even goes on Walk/Jogs and I will bet that he Drops before I do.

I was told today that it will take about 10 Weeks for the IRS to approve the Paper Work making my Company a "Non-Profit".  The sad news is, thanks to the Department of State Division of Corporations giving me bad advice, to transform easier (and cheaper) into a Non-Profit,  I had to change the Name of my Company.  SO, I am going FROM "Friends of the Hawk, Inc." TO "Hawk's Friends, Inc."  so, by early to mid October, I (hopefully) should be a "Non-Profit".  

:woohoo: 

19 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:nonono:

:finger:

:sing_rain: