Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Are these the same Teachers that just recently got a BIG Pay Raise but want MORE?

Uhhh, No! My Goddaughter teaches 3rd grade here.  Az is the lowest paid of all 50 states David. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Uhhh, No! My Goddaughter teaches 3rd grade here.  Az is the lowest paid of all 50 states David. 

Comparing salaries of anything state to state isn't really good, because it's apples to oranges.  I know my property taxes are ridiculously high because of the school districts fees.  And in VA, where they made the news for striking and the governor gave in and gave them a raise, the entire state is gonna feel the effects of that because taxes are going to go up to cover the costs.  Unions demanding nonsense like this is one reason I hate unions (and yes, we've had that discussion already).  Especially when those union salaries are coming out of my tax dollars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, A guy like that shouldn't even be called a man!  Real men don't treat women that way with no respect at all for their dignity!  That many women that called him out, all can't be wrong!  :stop:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

 

Well said and couldn't agree more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The lowest paid teacher here in Nova Scotia is $74k per year and the highest paid is $105K per year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but that’s in Looneys Keefer! :hysterical:

All kidding aside.....my God daughter is  three years in and makes $32K a year. Now to be fair, she’s doesn’t have a Masters, but it’s still total BS. 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Yeah but that’s in Looneys Keefer! :hysterical:

All kidding aside.....my God daughter is  three years in and makes $32K a year. Now to be fair, she’s doesn’t have a Masters, but it’s still total BS. 

 

I agree BB...I'm actually shocked at that 32K and it is BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Yeah but that’s in Looneys Keefer! :hysterical:

All kidding aside.....my God daughter is  three years in and makes $32K a year. Now to be fair, she’s doesn’t have a Masters, but it’s still total BS. 

I agree with you Chris,  that's not enough to pay a qualified teacher after three years of hard work!  They'll have to find a way to pay those teachers more or they will leave for other jobs!  And then the end result will be the children lose out too! :(

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, Mongoose said:

I agree with you Chris,  that's not enough to pay a qualified teacher after three years of hard work!  They'll have to find a way to pay those teachers more or they will leave for other jobs!  And then the end result will be the children lose out too! :(

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

32K for 9 months of work isn't bad.  It's a living wage, unless you're living in San Fran (living there requires at least a million a year).  My property taxes are already ridiculous, so unless the city wants to see a mass exodus, they need to start bringing them down.  And since I haven't had a raise in 8 years, every time taxes and insurance go up, I'm losing money.  But I can't go on strike and demand others pay me more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new Show on TV tonight called "Sticker Shock".  SO, can see it now...."I saw a Car like mine on that Show and he said that one was worth $50K so MINE should be worth that TOO.

 

Edited by tesgt350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

 

And you hate unions???..:doh:..sounds like you should belong to one you may get paid what your worth instead of big corporations making their

share and yours!!!!!.............

Can you imagine the uproar if all the physicians went on strike?  Nurses do it all the time.  Problem is the income the clinic makes is based on what Medicare and the insurance companies will pay for services, and every year that amount gets cut (especially by Medicare).  So that big corporation is the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Well now that you mentioned San Fran in talking about making a living, and that it would require at least a million a year!  Sorry, but I'll have to burst your bubble on that one!  My oldest daughter and her husband moved there to find jobs and they've been there for about a year and a half and they are very happy there!:)  She's a registered Dietician and her hubby is on staff ( computer geek) at a startup company!   They rent a very nice apartment right down town and he walks to work.   I know that they don't make any where even close to that kind of money!  But, yes it is pricey to live there and there is a lot of homeless people because of the prices!  Also, 32K is not enough to pay a good qualified teacher for our children, even if it is for only 9 months.  Also my youngest daughter is a industrial designer in the Milwaukee area and she was thinking of changing  careers and being a teacher.   That was until she found out how much it paid and she said there was no way that she could afford to take that big of a pay cut!  P.S. I always told my daughters that money doesn't make you happy it just makes you more comfortable and that the Bum on the street could be happier than you!  It seems like every thing in this world revolves around the almighty dollar!    :twister:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

Rentals must have gone down since I knew people living there back in the '90s who were paying $1500 a month for a studio apartment.  That was ridiculous then, I can't believe it's gotten much better since.

Why isn't 32K a decent pay for 9 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think *most* will agree teachers should be paid more.  However, only a moron goes into that profession not knowing how little they're paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fat Boss said:

I think *most* will agree teachers should be paid more.  However, only a moron goes into that profession not knowing how little they're paid.

Every person with a job thinks they should be paid more.  But who determines that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Every person with a job thinks they should be paid more.  But who determines that?

 

You should....Collectively!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Every person with a job thinks they should be paid more.  But who determines that?

True.........I was given a Promotion and a $6500 a Year pay raise with out my permission.  I was told by one of my Supervisors to "Come in and sit down" and then he told me what they were doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

True.........I was given a Promotion and a $6500 a Year pay raise with out my permission.  I was told by one of my Supervisors to "Come in and sit down" and then he told me what they were doing.

 

Well give it back...what a nerve wihout yur permission.......:hysterical:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I've found out over my working years is that a Union is good in a company that's known not to treat their employees very good.  Thus, the employee with the Union's help can rectify the solution!   But, on the other hand, they can also help close-down companies and good employees lose good paying jobs!   A very good example of this happen to a number of very good friends of mine who were working at a couple of local "Red Owl" grocery stores and they were in their local union!  They were all ready making a pretty good hourly wage!  But then the union decides to get more money for them, and the end result of  "red Owl" having to pay more per hour to their employees. Thus the store had to raise the prices of goods, and in the end they had to close their doors!    Later these same locations opened up under a different grocery chain, then some of my friends from Red Owl went to work for them and basically the same thing happen to them again down the road.  ("The Law of Diminishing Returns")!   P.S. When an employee has a good company to work for: who treats them good, and pays them a good wage,and has good benefits, there is no way you need a Union there!!!!:)   I can attest to this very fact: because my wife was lucky enough to work for her employer for 43 years with-out having a Union involved, even tho the Unions tried numerous times!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Rentals must have gone down since I knew people living there back in the '90s who were paying $1500 a month for a studio apartment.  That was ridiculous then, I can't believe it's gotten much better since.

Why isn't 32K a decent pay for 9 months?

Ok, this is" my opinion" on your question of why?   First of all, alot of teachers out there work many more than just 8 hours a day! They also do alot of there work at home, like correcting home-work, researching projects,taking classes to further their education to be a better teacher. Also they have to at times attend  seminars and meetings.  But also, and this is a big one: It's not always such a easy job and it can become a very stressful job dealing with all the different behavior problems that kids have these days!  And the lack of good parenting skills practiced at home on the kids.  End result is kids acting up and mis-behaving in the class-room! Also, there has been very good teachers that have quit due to be constantly threaten by some of their students!  And last, but not least, is the fact that alot of people might consider working only 9 months a negative in their life and that they would like working a full 12 months and making more money to live on!  Also, as far as living in a apartment in San Fran, I think their rent is in the area of 3K per month for their condo!

Do you now see why we said that 32K for 9 months isn't really enough?   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Well give it back...what a nerve wihout yur permission.......:hysterical:

Nope....not gonna and you can't make me..................................:dance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

Nope....not gonna and you can't make me..................................:dance:

 

:doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, svtkeith said:

 

No different if it's big corporations or Govt if you stick together you stand a better chance getting what's your just due than going at it alone.

IMO without unions you're just there by yourself taking whatever they want to give you up the rear...it's power in #'s pretty simple concept really.

Considering there's a grand total of 2 physicians here, we don't have enough power to sway anybody.  We can't threaten to go on strike, cuz the government and insurance companies won't care.  They'll actually be happy, because they won't be spending any money.  The pts will just go to a different doctor.  This isn't like teachers striking and holding the government hostage, cuz the government will eventually cave, and then they'll have to raise taxes to pay for their demands.  My mom's company was union, she hated it.  They went on strike twice and she had to go to work somewhere else to pay the bills, and ultimately the union is what caused the company to move to Texas a few years before she was due to retire, and I don't think she got anything out of it.  My dad was at Bethlehem Steel in IN when they went union in the late '70s (he was salary, so he wasn't part of it).  The union helped to bring that company down as well.  The unions here in IL are what has bankrupted the state, because the politicians kept making promises of raises, and pension increases, all to buy their votes, and now the state can't afford what it's costing.  And people are leaving IL because of the mess the state is in, thanks to the democrats running it into the ground.  If I could get out of the insurance racket, I would, at least then I could determine what is worth doing, instead of a bunch of accountants practicing medicine without a license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Ok, this is" my opinion" on your question of why?   First of all, alot of teachers out there work many more than just 8 hours a day! They also do alot of there work at home, like correcting home-work, researching projects,taking classes to further their education to be a better teacher. Also they have to at times attend  seminars and meetings.  But also, and this is a big one: It's not always such a easy job and it can become a very stressful job dealing with all the different behavior problems that kids have these days!  And the lack of good parenting skills practiced at home on the kids.  End result is kids acting up and mis-behaving in the class-room! Also, there has been very good teachers that have quit due to be constantly threaten by some of their students!  And last, but not least, is the fact that alot of people might consider working only 9 months a negative in their life and that they would like working a full 12 months and making more money to live on!  Also, as far as living in a apartment in San Fran, I think their rent is in the area of 3K per month for their condo!

Do you now see why we said that 32K for 9 months isn't really enough?   :)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout:

Actually, all you explained was a whole bunch of reasons NOT to be a teacher.  And all of the extra-curricular stuff could apply to lots of different jobs.  But they choose to do that, it's not required of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Actually, all you explained was a whole bunch of reasons NOT to be a teacher.  And all of the extra-curricular stuff could apply to lots of different jobs.  But they choose to do that, it's not required of them.

You are certainly entitled to "your opinion" !  And my "better half" and me are also entitled to "our opinion"!:)  That's what makes this world go round! :twister:  The reasons we listed"is  exactly why a teacher should be paid more than 32K for 9 months"!:clapping:  Sending out a huge "Thank You" to all who are willing to take on this tough job in today's society, you are greatly appreciated!    :puppy_kiss:  

"MONGOOSE"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if I already don't have a lot going on, I am starting a Reality Series that I plan to put on YouTube and on DVD that I will call "CRUSHED".  I plan to find Sponsors who will pony up between $20K and $300K for a lot of Advertising and the best part is, they will be sponsor a "CRUSH".  I use the Money to purchase a very cool Vehicle (Car, Truck or SUV), and it gets driven around Town some and shown off before it is driven to, most likely, Jacksonville where it will be put into a, you guested it, a Crusher and crushed into a Cube.  Then it will be loaded onto a Flatbed trailer and brought back to Tallahassee where it will be placed into a Museum for display.  These will be COOL Vehicles, NOT your every day Grocery Getters.  For the Sponsors Budget, I will find a very COOL Vehicle.

Car 1.jpg

Car 2.jpg

Car 3.jpg

Car 4.jpg

Car 6.jpg

Car 5.jpg

Edited by tesgt350

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the purpose of crushing perfectly good cars, just to put a cube in a museum?  All the cubes are gonna look alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

What's the purpose of crushing perfectly good cars, just to put a cube in a museum?  All the cubes are gonna look alike.

Actually, the Shape will be the same but they will not look alike.  You should be able to tell them apart if you know Cars.  I see them cubed all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in my Town, our local Governments push for us to use Natural Gas and will even give incentives if we do by giving us discounts on Gas Water Heaters, Gas Stoves, Gas Dryers, Gas Fireplaces, exc......... I have been watching the News on the Volcano's in Hawaii and was wondering if they use Natural Gas............:whistling: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All fuels have be imported to Hawaii, natural gas, propane, gas, diesel, etc.  We do have two refineries on Oahu that get oil from Indonesia to refine for gasoline.  The volcanoes emit sulfur dioxide and other nasty stuff, which is why there are area evacuations and warnings up at the Kilauea volcano national park and at the Pahoa area where the lava flow is happening.  No natural gases come from volcano emissions.  Instead of vog like Los Angeles and Denver, we get vog, volcanic smog all the time, depending on the trade wind directions.  Situation with volcano eruption is getting worse by the day on the east side of  Hawaii Island 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 66GT350PS said:

All fuels have be imported to Hawaii, natural gas, propane, gas, diesel, etc.  We do have two refineries on Oahu that get oil from Indonesia to refine for gasoline.  The volcanoes emit sulfur dioxide and other nasty stuff, which is why there are area evacuations and warnings up at the Kilauea volcano national park and at the Pahoa area where the lava flow is happening.  No natural gases come from volcano emissions.  Instead of vog like Los Angeles and Denver, we get vog, volcanic smog all the time, depending on the trade wind directions.  Situation with volcano eruption is getting worse by the day on the east side of  Hawaii Island 

 

Nasty is right...Be safe over there 66.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×