• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

Has anyone here "Cut The cord", got away from Cable and Dish TV and gone to an Antenna ?  If so, which one and also, Who provides your Internet?

We went back to cable, dropped Direct TV due to high cost. The Cable company provides my internet, bundled with the cable.

Comcast for internet.  DirecTV for TV.  Have thought about going to DirecTV Now and just streaming, but I like what I'm currently doing and am ok with it.  Plus with AT&T I just upped to an unlimited plan and got HBO added.  It increased my bill by about 7 bucks between the two.  I've got an indoor power antenna that I use to watch a couple locals that aren't on DirecTV, but I find that it has a problem with reception in bad weather.  And the main channel I would watch on antenna for Cubs games, is the one channel that is the hardest to get reception, so I've given up on trying.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎27 at 10:46 AM, tesgt350 said:

If you really want to freak out Germaphobes do this:  Ask them if they use Hand Sanitizing Gels to clean their hands, Most will say yes.  Then ask if they wash their Hands after using the Hand Sanitizer, Bet they say NO.  Then ask them about the Germ Carcasses left behind...... Oh yeah, all those Germ Carcasses and Germ Guts still on your Hands.............  Then sit back and watch them freak out.  :hysterical:

Last week I was with a friend having dinner and he use Sanitizer, so I did that to him,  He looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about as we sat there............he got this weird look on his face like he was thinking hard about something for about 10 minutes, called me an A$$HOLE and got up to wash his hands......…:hysterical2:

:hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Has anyone here "Cut The cord", got away from Cable and Dish TV and gone to an Antenna ?  If so, which one and also, Who provides your Internet?

Bought my HD antenna at Best Buy. Can’t remember the name. When I get to the house in a bit, I’ll let ya know Dave. It works real good. Using  Century Link for inter web. No land line. I get 60 or 70 channels. 

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

Bought my HD antenna at Best Buy. Can’t remember the name. When I get to the house in a bit, I’ll let ya know Dave. It works real good. Using  Century Link for inter web. No land line. I get 60 or 70 channels. 

Cool, Thanks.

I would like to see someone take my Idea and make it a Reality......... They have Tankless Water Heaters so, I would like to see an "Insti-Freeze Mini Air Conditioner for Homes.  No bigger then the size of the A/C Vent in your Room.  Put one in every Room of the House so each room can be controlled separately. .........................You remove the A/C Vent in the Room and replace it with an "Insti-Freeze Mini Air Conditioner, using the Duct Work as the exhaust vent for the unit.

You should take it to that place that George Forman pitches for ideas.

2 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

You should take it to that place that George Forman pitches for ideas.

Those places are Rip Off's.  My ex-Brother In-Law went to one of those places, spent over $15K to get his Idea Patented and they STILL wanted more money from him so he gave up.  Two years later, his Idea was being manufactured.

20 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

I would like to see someone take my Idea and make it a Reality......... They have Tankless Water Heaters so, I would like to see an "Insti-Freeze Mini Air Conditioner for Homes.  No bigger then the size of the A/C Vent in your Room.  Put one in every Room of the House so each room can be controlled separately. .........................You remove the A/C Vent in the Room and replace it with an "Insti-Freeze Mini Air Conditioner, using the Duct Work as the exhaust vent for the unit.

How can the ductwork be an exhaust vent?

The ductwork circulates the air in the house. It does not vent outside.

11 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Those places are Rip Off's.  My ex-Brother In-Law went to one of those places, spent over $15K to get his Idea Patented and they STILL wanted more money from him so he gave up.  Two years later, his Idea was being manufactured.

Someone should sue.  He needed to complete the process to prevent someone from doing that, but a good Patent attorney could probably get him some money.

Just now, 06H275 said:

Not venting outside, but venting the cold air from the thingy into the room.

4 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

4 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

So then not really venting? And not circulating?

Just put a bucket of ice on top of the existing vent...

3 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

So then not really venting? And not circulating?

Just put a bucket of ice on top of the existing vent...

It's venting cold air from the AC thingy, but it's not going outside, it's going into the room.  Don't know about circulation within the AC thingy or not since it's not my design.

21 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

Since most Houses have the Ducting in the Attic, attach an exiting Duct to the out side and install a Damper to the inside Intake Vent so you can close it when using the A/C.

Edited by tesgt350

22 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

All A/C Units create Heat that needs to be exhausted out side......... I explain how I handle that above this post ^^^^

:headspin: I'm confused...

9 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Since most Houses have the Ducting in the Attic, attach an exiting Duct to the out side and install a Damper to the inside Intake Vent so you can close it when using the A/C.

Isn't ducting in the floors??

1 minute ago, 06H275 said:

:headspin: I'm confused...

Confused or just Not Sane?

Just now, 06H275 said:

Isn't ducting in the floors??

Not in Mono-Slab Homes, but in a lot of Homes with Craw-Spaces.

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

Confused or just Not Sane?

I'll go with both of those actually!

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

While you think you may have a good idea, you have several issues to overcome.

1.    There are several hundred if not several thousand different sized vents. Actually what you are calling vents are actually called “registers” and depending on the area you live in they can be in the floors, walls, or ceilings. .Then somewhere in the house you usually have 1 or 2 “returns” or “return vents”. Most registers range from 4”x8” to around 12”x16”. Yes there are some larger and some smaller registers but the dimension range I just gave probably covers about 80% or more of the market. So within the 4”x8”to 12”x16” size you have multiple size restrictions which leads to your next problem. 

2.    You are failing to address the fact that current HVAC technology is not small enough to accomplish what you are trying to do and probably won’t be for a long long time. You have to have a certain amount of surface area within the unit to remove heat to accomplish cooling. Currently within a 4”x8” to 12”x18” size vent you cannot pack an electric motor, condenser/compressor/electrical controls/Cooling fins , etc to pack enough BTU’s to get enough cooling effect to cool even an average 12’x12’ room. Even small Dome units like ones used on RV/Motor Homes/Tractor Trailers that put out 5 to 15K BTUS measure in the 19”x20”x15” or more range and those are only for intermittent duty.

3.    You are also not considering that current zone ducting technology can do the same thing. Why pay $2000 to $3000 per room for some super compact AC unit that is going to have NASA price levels and be made of “unobtainium” as compared to existing technology An average 1800 sq ft house with 3 BR/2 bath has usually also has a kitchen, den, dining room, living room so right there you are at 9 rooms. And don’t forget on top of the cost of the unit you have to pay an electrician or HVAC person to come install and wire it, so right there you could be at $18000 to $27,000 for your idea to do an average new 3br/2bath home. Why do all that when you can install a standard ac unit outside for $8 to $12K and fit or retrofit “smart ducting” to heta and cool any room you chose at a cost of a few hundred dollars per room?

4.    If you are talking about adding “capacity”, such as device to cool just one room there are already several options on the market in the form of Mini Split systems and ducted room spot coolers and ductless zone cooler that you can buy for a  few hundred bucks ot a few thousand dollars depending on size.

5.    Also, in many homes the “registers” are not heavily supported and sometimes they are set in  just a hole cut in sheet rock. So now if you have an AC unit that fits in that hole it is going to have some weight to it and you will have to go in and add support bracing, and you will also have to wire over to it.

6.    if it was such a good idea then Trane,GE, MIstsubishi, etc etc would probably already be offering it. A number of manufacturers already make “zoned” and “multiple zoned” ductless systems, they just don’t put them in existing registers/ductwork.

7. Also most home AC units require that cndesation be captured and removed to the outside or captured in the waste system of the home. So. now you are going to have to ad din the cost of multiple locations that you have to somehow plumb and drian away/remove all that condensation otherwise you are going to have some mold issues and code issues

Not trying to shoot down your idea but I don't think you have thought your "Insta Freeze"  Idea through in any depth. In addition, I don’t think there is currently available technology to accomplish what you want to do. If there is, it is going to be so highly priced that it probably wouldn’t even be marketable when compared to currently available options, such as, the previously mentioned above “smart ducting”, Mini Split systems and spot coolers that are readily available and popular in the market……..if you are looking for someone to “run with” your idea then your investor would probably say what they say on Shark Tank………….”I’m out”.

But anyhoo good luck to you.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

1.    There are several hundred if not several thousand different sized vents. Actually what you are calling vents are actually called “registers” and depending on the area you live in they can be in the floors, walls, or ceilings. .Then somewhere in the house you usually have 1 or 2 “returns” or “return vents”. Most registers range from 4”x8” to around 12”x16”. Yes there are some larger and some smaller registers but the dimension range I just gave probably covers about 80% or more of the market. So within the 4”x8”to 12”x16” size you have multiple size restrictions which leads to your next problem. 

2.    You are failing to address the fact that current HVAC technology is not small enough to accomplish what you are trying to do and probably won’t be for a long long time. You have to have a certain amount of surface area within the unit to remove heat to accomplish cooling. Currently within a 4”x8” to 12”x18” size vent you cannot pack an electric motor, condenser/compressor/electrical controls/Cooling fins , etc to pack enough BTU’s to get enough cooling effect to cool even an average 12’x12’ room. Even small Dome units like ones used on RV/Motor Homes/Tractor Trailers that put out 5 to 15K BTUS measure in the 19”x20”x15” or more range and those are only for intermittent duty.

3.    You are also not considering that current zone ducting technology can do the same thing. Why pay $2000 to $3000 per room for some super compact AC unit that is going to have NASA price levels and be made of “unobtainium” as compared to existing technology An average 1800 sq ft house with 3 BR/2 bath has usually also has a kitchen, den, dining room, living room so right there you are at 9 rooms. And don’t forget on top of the cost of the unit you have to pay an electrician or HVAC person to come install and wire it, so right there you could be at $18000 to $27,000 for your idea to do an average new 3br/2bath home. Why do all that when you can install a standard ac unit outside for $8 to $12K and fit or retrofit “smart ducting” to heta and cool any room you chose at a cost of a few hundred dollars per room?

4.    If you are talking about adding “capacity”, such as device to cool just one room there are already several options on the market in the form of Mini Split systems and ducted room spot coolers and ductless zone cooler that you can buy for a  few hundred bucks ot a few thousand dollars depending on size.

5.    Also, in many homes the “registers” are not heavily supported and sometimes they are set in  just a hole cut in sheet rock. So now if you have an AC unit that fits in that hole it is going to have some weight to it and you will have to go in and add support bracing, and you will also have to wire over to it.

6.    if it was such a good idea then Trane,GE, MIstsubishi, etc etc would probably already be offering it. A number of manufacturers already make “zoned” and “multiple zoned” ductless systems, they just don’t put them in existing registers/ductwork.

7. Also most home AC units require that cndesation be captured and removed to the outside or captured in the waste system of the home. So. now you are going to have to ad din the cost of multiple locations that you have to somehow plumb and drian away/remove all that condensation otherwise you are going to have some mold issues and code issues

Not trying to shoot down your idea but I don't think you have thought your "Insta Freeze Idea through and in depth. In addition, I don’t think there is currently available technology to accomplish what you want to do. If there is, it is going to be so highly priced that it probably wouldn’t even be marketable when compared to currently available options, such as, the previously mentioned above “smart ducting”, Mini Split systems and spot coolers that are readily available and popular in the market……..if you are looking for someone to “run with” your idea then your investor would probably say what they say on Shark Tank………….”I’m out”.

HEY!!! That's what I said!!

LOL

1 minute ago, 06H275 said:

HEY!!! That's what I said!!

LOL

I was bored and on my lunch break, tried to give an analysis with explanation, its not polite to just say "hey, that is a dumb idea"...........there is always reasoning as to why an idea will work or not, sometimes its not obvious and sometimes it is very obvious,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,such as......there is a pretty obvious reason bullets aren't shaped like boomerangs...........:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The laws of physics have not been repealed, in particular, the laws of thermodynamics.  On the other hand, the solution would be a perpetual motion machine so keep working on it.

Edited by twobjshelbys

33 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Not trying to shoot down your idea but I don't think you have thought your "Insta Freeze"  Idea through in any depth. In addition, I don’t think there is currently available technology to accomplish what you want to do. If there is, it is going to be so highly priced that it probably wouldn’t even be marketable when compared to currently available options, such as, the previously mentioned above “smart ducting”, Mini Split systems and spot coolers that are readily available and popular in the market……..if you are looking for someone to “run with” your idea then your investor would probably say what they say on Shark Tank………….”I’m out”.

Well you see....you start with an Idea and you put out there and someone WILL add to it with useful information to work out some of the issues such as these. 

25 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

The laws of physics have not been repealed, in particular, the laws of thermodynamics.  On the other hand, the solution would be a perpetual motion machine so keep working on it.

True sir , and well said,………. its been awhile since my Thermodynamics classes but as you stated the laws have indeed not changed….. except perhaps when one starts to delve in to the area of quantum physics which is challenging some areas of thermodynamic theory.……..but let me not digress………... I didn’t really desire or have time to delve in to the answer to the point of where I may need to whip out an old school book and start quoting gas laws, heat transfer formulas, heat of compression to be dissipated and all the other things one would run in to trying to attempt such a device,  since it is what we call in the engineering world a “Blivitt”………..that’s the highly technical term employed to describe attempting to “cram 2 pounds of poop in to a 1 pound bag”………..not to mention all the wiring and plumbing issue one would run in to if they decided to retrofit their home with such a set of devices……….

4 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Well you see....you start with an Idea and you put out there and someone WILL add to it with useful information to work out some of the issues such as these. 

No, that’s entirely how to not get an idea patented , off the ground or make money. So you are saying put your idea out to the public and let them help you with it? That’s an ideal way to put a good idea in someone else’s hands and them not pay you a dime. What you do,  is once you have your idea you then develop it, you research the market its intended for, build prototypes, apply for patents/trademarks/copy rights etc. If you need "help" you go to experts and trusted associates and money people who are willing to help you make money...and they of course are going to want a piece of the action.

I was not being critical of your idea. I was pointing out some things you were over looking and some basic principals and nomenclature used in HVAC.

• Like 1

Pitty Bill Nye is not a Team Shelby member right about now......

• Haha 1