• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

I’m pretty happy with my BOSS 302 unit in my garage David. 

And it’s relatively “small”. :shrug: 

IMG_8364

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

No, that’s entirely how to not get an idea patented , off the ground or make money. So you are saying put your idea out to the public and let them help you with it? That’s an ideal way to put a good idea in someone else’s hands and them not pay you a dime. What you do,  is once you have your idea you then develop it, you research the market its intended for, build prototypes, apply for patents/trademarks/copy rights etc. If you need "help" you go to experts and trusted associates and money people who are willing to help you make money...and they of course are going to want a piece of the action.

I was not being critical of your idea. I was pointing out some things you were over looking and some basic principals and nomenclature used in HVAC.

I now have 8 patents granted and another 10 maybe that are in limbo (and another variant that just popped up).  With the legal team of a very large corporation the average time from my initial application to grant is somewhere around 5 years.  I spent many hours on conferences with the patent attorneys.  I look around my patent apps every few months as some of them are still in progress.  Every patent has a document package that anyone can examine to see what progress is being made and all of the filings and fees associated.  Patents are not cheap.  The filing and maintenance fees pale in comparison to the billable attorney hours.  The last one that issued was almost 10 years from start to finish and actually involved a "patent court" [held entirely within the patent office] that overturned an examiner's rejection that (after lots of more filings, attorney hours and fees) it being granted.  My estimate is this particular one cost the company well in excess of 100K.   It is unlikely that my grand-uncle who invented and patented a rolling pin could afford to do it today.  It is unlikely that "the average Joe" could in fact get a patent in time for any invention to matter.  

Plus patents are easily worked around.  One small change to your patent and they have their own version (and their own patent).

Strange because last week the USPTO issued patent # 10,000,000.

PS. One large and old company, after working with in house patent group, offered to send me to law school for patent law. I would have become an indentured servant, but the school was many miles away from our home at the time (Boston U) and we had just had our first kid.  I kick myself in the a** that I didn't do it.

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

True sir , and well said,………. its been awhile since my Thermodynamics classes but as you stated the laws have indeed not changed….. except perhaps when one starts to delve in to the area of quantum physics which is challenging some areas of thermodynamic theory.……..but let me not digress………... I didn’t really desire or have time to delve in to the answer to the point of where I may need to whip out an old school book and start quoting gas laws, heat transfer formulas, heat of compression to be dissipated and all the other things one would run in to trying to attempt such a device,  since it is what we call in the engineering world a “Blivitt”………..that’s the highly technical term employed to describe attempting to “cram 2 pounds of poop in to a 1 pound bag”………..not to mention all the wiring and plumbing issue one would run in to if they decided to retrofit their home with such a set of devices……….

It's pretty simple.  If you turn on an air conditioner in a sealed room, the room will heat up.    Air conditioners (all refrigeration units) produce more heat than the cold they produce.    The same rules will of course explain why it takes more energy to charge a battery than the power the battery can produce, and just think about that as it applies to electric vehicles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

No, that’s entirely how to not get an idea patented , off the ground or make money. So you are saying put your idea out to the public and let them help you with it? That’s an ideal way to put a good idea in someone else’s hands and them not pay you a dime. What you do,  is once you have your idea you then develop it, you research the market its intended for, build prototypes, apply for patents/trademarks/copy rights etc. If you need "help" you go to experts and trusted associates and money people who are willing to help you make money...and they of course are going to want a piece of the action.

I was not being critical of your idea. I was pointing out some things you were over looking and some basic principals and nomenclature used in HVAC.

Yeah, I know........ I was not over looking very much, just didn't write it all down.  I am no way going to follow thru with it because it doesn't really interest me but, the way Tech is going, I do think it can be done in the near future. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, all of you had some interesting posts with some good advice and comments!  Enjoyed reading them!:)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

On 6/28/2018 at 4:55 PM, twobjshelbys said:

I now have 8 patents granted and another 10 maybe that are in limbo (and another variant that just popped up).  With the legal team of a very large corporation the average time from my initial application to grant is somewhere around 5 years.  I spent many hours on conferences with the patent attorneys.  I look around my patent apps every few months as some of them are still in progress.  Every patent has a document package that anyone can examine to see what progress is being made and all of the filings and fees associated.  Patents are not cheap.  The filing and maintenance fees pale in comparison to the billable attorney hours.  The last one that issued was almost 10 years from start to finish and actually involved a "patent court" [held entirely within the patent office] that overturned an examiner's rejection that (after lots of more filings, attorney hours and fees) it being granted.  My estimate is this particular one cost the company well in excess of 100K.   It is unlikely that my grand-uncle who invented and patented a rolling pin could afford to do it today.  It is unlikely that "the average Joe" could in fact get a patent in time for any invention to matter.  

Plus patents are easily worked around.  One small change to your patent and they have their own version (and their own patent).

Strange because last week the USPTO issued patent # 10,000,000.

PS. One large and old company, after working with in house patent group, offered to send me to law school for patent law. I would have become an indentured servant, but the school was many miles away from our home at the time (Boston U) and we had just had our first kid.  I kick myself in the a** that I didn't do it.

Bill Nye is in the houuuuuse!!! :hysterical: 

• Like 1

New Hellcat Red Eye.........797 HP.  The Hood reminds me of the 1976 Firebird Formula,

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/0f34e2b6-c61d-3423-86b5-3a2f7c376bfb/ss_2019-dodge-challenger-srt.html

Edited by tesgt350
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

New Hellcat Red Eye.........797 HP.  The Hood reminds me of the 1976 Firebird Formula,

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/m/0f34e2b6-c61d-3423-86b5-3a2f7c376bfb/ss_2019-dodge-challenger-srt.html

Somebody has already posted about the Redeye in the Hell cat thread within the Automotive Section.

12 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Somebody has already posted about the Redeye in the Hell cat thread within the Automotive Section.

:cool: 

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

:cool: 

When you getten one BB?  :peelout:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

When you getten one BB?  :peelout:

I’d love to have one David, but I have too many toys as of now. Sumthin’ would have to go, and there aren’t any I’d be willling to part with. :shrug: 

4 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I’d love to have one David, but I have too many toys as of now. Sumthin’ would have to go, and there aren’t any I’d be willling to part with. :shrug: 

Trade in that Gray Challenger....................:whistling:

13 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Trade in that Gray Challenger....................:whistling:

:doh: 

15 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Lebron James is leaving Cleveland....... AGAIN! :hysterical: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/sports/lebron-james-lakers.html

Yeah......When another Team is willing to pay you $154 Million.........YOU GO.  :peelout:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-signs-four-year-154-million-deal-lakers-001301850.html

Edited by tesgt350

18 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Yeah......When another Team is willing to pay you $154 Million.........YOU GO.  :peelout:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-signs-four-year-154-million-deal-lakers-001301850.html

Couldn't Cleveland have paid him at least that much, if not more?  The free agent rules for the NBA are pretty straight forward when it comes to max deals and such, and I think the team can pay a little more to keep them from leaving.  Granted, I'm only hearing bits and pieces of this talk as I listen to ESPN while waiting for real sports news, like Cubs highlights, and Bears news, so I read something with it on in the background til something worth listening to comes on.

56 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Couldn't Cleveland have paid him at least that much, if not more?  The free agent rules for the NBA are pretty straight forward when it comes to max deals and such, and I think the team can pay a little more to keep them from leaving.  Granted, I'm only hearing bits and pieces of this talk as I listen to ESPN while waiting for real sports news, like Cubs highlights, and Bears news, so I read something with it on in the background til something worth listening to comes on.

He didnt leave for the money. He wants to say he “built” another winning team. 

Edit- His self centered personality over ruled greed. 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for all the news about Cleveland burning his jerseys and rioting and stuff, or do they just not care this time?

45 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

I'm waiting for all the news about Cleveland burning his jerseys and rioting and stuff, or do they just not care this time?

They probably don't care anymore. 

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Joey Chestnut sets new record, eating 74 hotdogs at Nathan’s annual competition.

I wonder what this guy’s cholesterol level is???! :drop: 

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018/07/joey-chestnut-sets-new-record-at-nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest

Crazy stuff....can't even watch that...……:nonono:

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

How many of you are crying over this............ I will bet that the Price of the Bourbon that survived will sky rocket now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e0f89a7b-ab6c-3563-8be9-30f652f79ec4/ss_rest-of-kentucky's-barton.html

Only if it was a milk storage building then I'd be crying...….:hysterical:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Only if it was a milk storage building then I'd be crying...….:hysterical:

For SOME people this is considered MILK...........:hysterical2:

Not a bourbon drinker, so not affecting me.  From the pictures it looks like a lot of them are still intact, so they'll rescue them and store them somewhere.

49 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

These guys are likely not going to live through this tragedy......

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/asia/thai-cave-rescue-intl/index.html

I would have thought someone would have invented a Body Pod that would be Water Proof when closed and has a couple of Oxygen Tanks for air for just this very thing.

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

For SOME people this is considered MILK...........:hysterical2:

:doh: