• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Sure hope they do...can't imagine what the parents of those kids are going through.

It reminds me of the miners that were trapped a few years ago, and they drilled down off to the side of them and created a small tube for them to come up. 

That must have been harrowing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I would have thought someone would have invented a Body Pod that would be Water Proof when closed and has a couple of Oxygen Tanks for air for just this very thing.

I gotta give you credit David......your mind don’t ever shut off. :doh: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

I gotta give you credit David......your mind don’t ever shut off. :doh: 

Nope, it don't.  Some times I wished it did. 

This happened in my home town a few days ago. I had driven through this intersection where  it occurred not an hour earlier. :doh: 

A 92 year old woman shoots and kills her son after he tells her he’s putting her in assisted living. :drop: 

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-northeast-valley/fountain-hills/mcso-92-year-old-refuses-assisted-living-shoots-and-kills-son-in-fountain-hills

Just now, BIKEBOY said:

This happened in my home town a few days ago. I had driven through this intersection where  it occurred not an hour earlier. :doh: 

A 92 year old woman shoots and kills her son after he tells her he’s putting her in assisted living. :drop: 

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-northeast-valley/fountain-hills/mcso-92-year-old-refuses-assisted-living-shoots-and-kills-son-in-fountain-hills

So, I ask......do you bother putting her in jail? Do you have a trial?… she admitted to it and how come. It’s a conundrum to be sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

For SOME people this is considered MILK...........:hysterical2:

There both good .:)

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

So, I ask......do you bother putting her in jail? Do you have a trial?… she admitted to it and how come. It’s a conundrum to be sure. 

Yeah like what are they going to do give her 30 years...…..:hysterical: …..She does look a bit on the mean side though...…:fear:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah like what are they going to do give her 30 years...…..:hysterical: …..She does look a bit on the mean side though...…:fear:

She’s an old bitty!! :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

She’s an old bitty!! :lol: 

Must own a Vette...………:hysterical2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Must own a Vette...………:hysterical2:

Naw....looks more like a Harley Chic to me......

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

And the end result is, she just put her self in an Assisted Living Facility.  The silver lining is, she now will have better Medical then before.

• Like 1

Too bad ol Sherriff Joe Arpaio isn't still sheriff out there. He would have just thrown her in the Tent City Jail and had her peeling spuds 10 hours per day in 110 degree heat.......

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Too bad ol Sherriff Joe Arpaio isn't still sheriff out there. He would have just thrown her in the Tent City Jail and had her peeling spuds 10 hours per day in 110 degree heat.......

Funny you mention that....Gina and I were just talking about that. This new guy that replaced Joe is faced with an embarrassing dilemma with this incident. His MCSO (Maricopa County Sherriffs Office) officers were called to this home on several occasions, most recent two days before this shooting. The son had called them saying his mom wanted to shoot him in the head. They owned 13 guns in the home between them. They left and did nothing..... this ain’t over. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Funny you mention that....Gina and I were just talking about that. This new guy that replaced Joe is faced with an embarrassing dilemma with this incident. His MCSO (Maricopa County Sherriffs Office) officers were called to this home on several occasions, most recent two days before this shooting. The son had called them saying his mom wanted to shoot him in the head. They owned 13 guns in the home between them. They left and did nothing..... this ain’t over. 

Thanks BB for using the "G" Word......... now this Thread will be shut down...............................:cry:

• Sad 1

I was bored this morning so I went on a hunt.  THIS is the oldest Thread I can find on Team Shelby.  Dated August 16, 2005.  Strange how my Birthday is also August 16, and I decided to hunt for the oldest Thread that just so happens to also be on August 16 AND talking about a Mustang that is my Favorite Color, GREEN.  I thinks that's pretty cool.  If you can find an older Thread, post it.

In the "Shelby GT Discussion" Forum, there is a Thread titled "Suncoast Hood" dated December 31, 1969.  But when you click on it, it has an Error Code.     :shrug:

Edited by tesgt350

22 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

These guys are likely not going to live through this tragedy......

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/05/asia/thai-cave-rescue-intl/index.html

Considering a former Thai SEAL died trying to get them more oxygen, I'd say the chances are pretty good.  Although I don't understand how he could run out of oxygen when he was carrying oxygen to them.  Only thing they can hope is to dry out the caves so they can come out without having to do any diving.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I would have thought someone would have invented a Body Pod that would be Water Proof when closed and has a couple of Oxygen Tanks for air for just this very thing.

They've said that there's some passages underwater that are so narrow the divers can't wear their tanks, so a Body Pod as you describe likely wouldn't fit either.  And you don't need to enclose the whole body, the full-face masks that they are using are more than sufficient.  If it wasn't for the way the tunnels are, they could just put a mask and tank on them and a SEAL could take one out, but that's not doable because of the tunnels.  And it's a 6 hour trip.  The SEALs have been saying it's pretty hard for them to get there and back.  Imagine an untrained person trying to do it.

17 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

They've said that there's some passages underwater that are so narrow the divers can't wear their tanks, so a Body Pod as you describe likely wouldn't fit either.  And you don't need to enclose the whole body, the full-face masks that they are using are more than sufficient.  If it wasn't for the way the tunnels are, they could just put a mask and tank on them and a SEAL could take one out, but that's not doable because of the tunnels.  And it's a 6 hour trip.  The SEALs have been saying it's pretty hard for them to get there and back.  Imagine an untrained person trying to do it.

That makes me wonder WTH they were thinking going in there in the first place.

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

That makes me wonder WTH they were thinking going in there in the first place.

The tunnels weren't flooded when they first went in. The heavy rains filled sections of the tunnels once they were in.

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

The tunnels weren't flooded when they first went in. The heavy rains filled sections of the tunnels once they were in.

Yeah, that I know but to go 2.5 Miles deep into the Cave is crazy.

17 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Yeah, that I know but to go 2.5 Miles deep into the Cave is crazy.

No, Its not crazy. On many islands and peninsulas in that area of Asia there are literally hundreds of caves like that one that can go on for miles. Some are popular tourist attractions and are sources of revenue for locals. What is crazy ,or more accurately “stupid”, is to ignore the large signs out front of some of the caves that say “ DO NOT ENTER DURING RAINY SEASONS”. And that is what the coach did. He ignored the warning signs and took the kids in anyway. They walked in, then the rains flooded the caves and they cant swim out.

When I was in the Philippines a few years ago, I wanted to go explore some of the caves over near Corregidor. Some were natural, some man made but most were off limits due to rainy season approaching. I was also advised that exploring some caves that rain or no rain could result in death from booby traps that were placed by the Japanese during World War 2 that are still in place.. Many people don’t know that the last Japanese soldier didn’t “surrender” and emerge from the Philippine Jungles until 1974……….29 years after the war officially ended. There are still bombs and land mines and ordinance discovered almost daily on many of those islands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yeah agreed Doc it's not a good sign when trained men are having a tuff time making it through....not a good situation at all.

One retired Thai Royal Navy SEAL has already died trying to help in this endeavor. 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, mhr1961 said:

One retired Thai Royal Navy SEAL has already died trying to help in this endeavor. 

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....... :( 

Breaking now.......

Elon Musk is hurriedly building the pod David described and should have one (or maybe more) there on Sunday. It could hold two boys and be light enough for a  Navy Seal to drag through the narrow passages they’ve talked about. If Musk ends up doing this and saving even half of those kids, I’ll have total respect for this guy now. 

Edit- The story. https://www.rt.com/usa/432296-musk-submarine-thailand-cave-rescue/

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1