Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Staff

      ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

          Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Shelby Annual Magazine, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate Frame, Lapel Pin and Magnet, the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums.   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.   Driving Experiences.   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events.   Insider information from Shelby American.   Affiliate Partner Discounts.   Updated February 16, 2017. Team Shelby Club 2018 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2018, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.
    • ForumAdmin

      Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

      If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
cobraguy69

Can I get a Shelby Snake horn button for my 2016 GT-H ?

Recommended Posts

I love my 2016 GT-H, but feel a little short changed with the standard Mustang running horse horn button staring me in the face every time I drive it. With all the Shelby badging on the 2016, couldn't they have put the much cooler looking Shelby snake on the horn  like the 350 & 500's have ? Are we not worthy ? I see a stick on over the button available with the snake logo , but stick on is cheesy. Any one know if we can get an actual Shelby Snake horn button replacement from Shelby ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with that, no one wants the liability that goes along with the Airbag.

 

My 2 Cents is your best bet is creating something yourself.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, what I'm calling the horn button is actually the air bag cover. Did Ford put that in with the standard pony and Shelby just left it that way to avoid messing with the airbag ? And if so, why didn't they do it the 2016 when the other Shelby's are all equipped with the Shelby Snake center cover ? I may have to live with it and it may be a small thing to some owners, but I think a Shelby car should have the snake, just like the pony was not used in the grill and got special badging - although obviously a lot easier fix.

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is Yes Shelby did not want to mess with the Airbag.  The GT350 and the GT500 are not modified at SAI, they are built on the Ford Assembly line that is why they have them from the factory, the GT/H is a modified Mustang GT that comes off the line with your current set up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shelby left it that way because Hertz didn't send them any parts or instructions to do otherwise.  

Remember, Shelby American was just a mod shop for Hertz.  Hertz supplied all of the cars and parts.   Shelby just put them in the pot and stirred the soup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twobjshelbys said:

Shelby left it that way because Hertz didn't send them any parts or instructions to do otherwise.  

Remember, Shelby American was just a mod shop for Hertz.  Hertz supplied all of the cars and parts.   Shelby just put them in the pot and stirred the soup.

And the steering wheel badge sloshed over the edge of the pot and was never seen again. 

 

:hysterical:

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 11:32 AM, cobraguy69 said:

I love my 2016 GT-H, but feel a little short changed with the standard Mustang running horse horn button staring me in the face every time I drive it. With all the Shelby badging on the 2016, couldn't they have put the much cooler looking Shelby snake on the horn  like the 350 & 500's have ? Are we not worthy ? I see a stick on over the button available with the snake logo , but stick on is cheesy. Any one know if we can get an actual Shelby Snake horn button replacement from Shelby ?

You definitely can.  Thing is you have to buy it with the airbag.  They don't sell them separate.  

I was referred to Gaudin Ford.   gaudinautoparts.com,  Part #FR3Z-63043B13-AB,  You might want to double check and call to confirm, but that's what I ordered and it was correct.  Follow the Ford Performance GT350 steering wheel upgrade directions.  They tell you how to safely disconnect your airbag.

While you are at it, highly recommend you upgrade to the GT350 steering wheel.  You wouldn't believe how it elevates your perception of the car.

Directions (that will help understand airbag/Cobra cover installation):  FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
13 hours ago, T-Bone68 said:

You definitely can.  Thing is you have to buy it with the airbag.  They don't sell them separate.  

I was referred to Gaudin Ford.   gaudinautoparts.com,  Part #FR3Z-63043B13-AB,  You might want to double check and call to confirm, but that's what I ordered and it was correct.  Follow the Ford Performance GT350 steering wheel upgrade directions.  They tell you how to safely disconnect your airbag.

While you are at it, highly recommend you upgrade to the GT350 steering wheel.  You wouldn't believe how it elevates your perception of the car.

Directions (that will help understand airbag/Cobra cover installation):  FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

T-Bone68 - Thanks for this info. The directions for installation are not coming thru but I am going to check with Gaudin Ford. I bought a stick on plastic cover from ebay ,  but it's not very good. I guess directions came with the cover/airbag part ? Price ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cobraguy69 said:
Quote

T-Bone68 - Thanks for this info. The directions for installation are not coming thru but I am going to check with Gaudin Ford. I bought a stick on plastic cover from ebay ,  but it's not very good. I guess directions came with the cover/airbag part ? Price ?

 

The directions are a hyper link right mouse click on them and open in a new tab o r just clink on the file below

FordInstShtM-3600-M350R_FP.pdf

Edited by andrewnagle1964

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Andrew!

 

you can also watch the installation video from the CJ Pony parts link to get an idea how to remove and replace the airbag/cover.  It’s pretty simple.  Hardest part is finding the release spring in the side hole.  Took me a little while to feel for it and get it to release, then you are home free.  Scroll to the bottom of the link to see Bill do it.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-steering-wheel-gt350r-leather-and-alcantara-with-bezel-kit-2015-2017/p/M3600M350R/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This comes up from time to time on the forum.  Saleen sold a center tri-pony disk cover that could be purchased and put over the tri-pony and then you cover with an emblem of your choice.  I did it on my Barrett Jackson Mustang GT steering wheel.  There are a lot of posts if you search.

GG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×