Jump to content
Guest markham51

2020 GT500 news

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, markham51 said:

https://www.mustang6g.com/?p=12439

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-shots-offer-best-look-yet/

Looks like a prototype.  If most of this stays the same it looks like the GT500 is following the GT350 "big brother" path.

 

 

Whats with the tiny running board near the front wheel. Lets hope they offer different rims I`am tired of black rims .

Edited by shelby001
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am SOOO tired of Black Rims, I can’t believe they actually get extra Money in many cases for Black, not that long ago you saved money on Black.

 

I had black wheels once and I won’t make that mistake again, they are the same as a black car, impossible to keep them looking good unless you don’t drive the car.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

 

Whats with the tiny running board near the front wheel. Lets hope they offer different rims I`am tires of black rims .

Aerodynamics and rock deflection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markham51 said:

https://www.mustang6g.com/?p=12439

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-shots-offer-best-look-yet/

Looks like a prototype.  If most of this stays the same it looks like the GT500 is following the GT350 "big brother" path.

 

 

I like this front clip better than the other Lexus gaping mouth looking one...as far as the black wheels go I always HATED them

and not because of cleaning issues to my eye it just dulls the looks of a nice looking car..ANY car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the reason for all the decals on the car.  It's not like it's really disguising the shape of the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

I don't understand the reason for all the decals on the car.  It's not like it's really disguising the shape of the car.

 

I agree and not only that it's not like the next military spy plane it's a freaking car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I don't understand the reason for all the decals on the car.  It's not like it's really disguising the shape of the car.

 

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

I agree and not only that it's not like the next military spy plane it's a freaking car.

 

The main purpose of the decal pattern is to try to fool the autofocus on a high resolution camera. The varying patterns and shades interfere with most modern cameras autofocus. The pattern and color variation also interrupts the way the human eye perceives shape. The main reason they do it is to prevent high resolution cameras from stealing a close and “marketable” photo to a news source or to take that high res photo and do a good quality Photoshop color rendering. It doesn’t of course stop the effort, it just makes it more difficult. It also makes it easier to hide small yet important aero pieces and bits under the stick on material. Yeah its not a military plane , but if you were Ford and had millions of your dollars invested or laid on the line………. I am sure you would all be wrapping your ideas in camo decals too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

 

 

The main purpose of the decal pattern is to try to fool the autofocus on a high resolution camera. The varying patterns and shades interfere with most modern cameras autofocus. The pattern and color variation also interrupts the way the human eye perceives shape. The main reason they do it is to prevent high resolution cameras from stealing a close and “marketable” photo to a news source or to take that high res photo and do a good quality Photoshop color rendering. It doesn’t of course stop the effort, it just makes it more difficult. It also makes it easier to hide small yet important aero pieces and bits under the stick on material. Yeah its not a military plane , but if you were Ford and had millions of your dollars invested or laid on the line………. I am sure you would all be wrapping your ideas in camo decals too.

 

 

And who is going to go build a carbon copy of the mustang in a short few months or at all for that matter?....Kia?....never made sense to me no matter who

does it....we all know the Mustang Camaro and Challenger are worlds apart in the looks dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest markham51

My 7 year old grandson looked at the prototype and liked the camo "color/pattern" just the way it is! :drool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

 

And who is going to go build a carbon copy of the mustang in a short few months or at all for that matter?....Kia?....never made sense to me no matter who

does it....we all know the Mustang Camaro and Challenger are worlds apart in the looks dept.

Its not a matter of being worried about somebody making a “carbon copy”. It is a matter of diminishing the ability of reporters being able to release design details prior to the launch of marketing campaigns. How would you like to spend millions of engineering and advertising dollars developing a product with a massively coordinated marketing release with online media, as well as bunch of nice glossy ads, and thousands of brouchures and all coordinated for a car show to have maximum media impact……..only to have your secret project car snapped by a paparazzi or by a 13 year old zit faced kid with a $99 dollar high res camera………who then  goes home and downloads it in to photo shop and sells it to the Enquirer, or ABC news, or Motortrend for $200 and “scoops” or negatively impacts your multi-million dollar marketing campaign. In addition, many manufacturers still “spy” on each other,  and again the camo wrap helps keep competitors from stealing aero design details and small aero bits and pieces that have an impact on aero. Everybody wants a competitive edge and they do what they feel is necessary to keep it.

 

back to topic.....I like what they are doing with the GT500..........if in fact this is actually a GT500 and not just another BS "spy shot".

Edited by mhr1961
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Its not a matter of being worried about somebody making a “carbon copy”. It is a matter of diminishing the ability of reporters being able to release design details prior to the launch of marketing campaigns. How would you like to spend millions of engineering and advertising dollars developing a product with a massively coordinated marketing release with online media, as well as bunch of nice glossy ads, and thousands of brouchures and all coordinated for a car show to have maximum media impact……..only to have your secret project car snapped by a paparazzi or by a 13 year old zit faced kid with a $99 dollar high res camera………who then  goes home and downloads it in to photo shop and sells it to the Enquirer, or ABC news, or Motortrend for $200 and “scoops” or negatively impacts your multi-million dollar marketing campaign. In addition, many manufacturers still “spy” on each other,  and again the camo wrap helps keep competitors from stealing aero design details and small aero bits and pieces that have an impact on aero. Everybody wants a competitive edge and they do what they feel is necessary to keep it.

 

back to topic.....I like what they are doing with the GT500..........if in fact this is actually a GT500 and not just another BS "spy shot".

 

 

And if it's leaked by a 13 year old zit faced kid with a $99 camera is going to what?....stop you or I from buying the GT500?...like I said

and stand by it it just don't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t say anything about whether anything would affect you as an individual in choosing to buy the car or not. I explained with factual knowledge as to why camo decals are used in the development of automobiles. Your dismissive reply is ignoring the science of optics, as well as ignoring marketing principals and other scientifically proven human psychodynamic principals that influence car buying. Choosing to ignore knowledge and facts  does not change the reasons that camo/decals are effective in helping car companies maintain a competitive edge and nor does it change the fact that camo/decals play a key role in the product development, engineering, marketing  and the psychodynamics of buying a vehicle. For someone who apparently refuses to even try to understand the reasons for camo/decals, I can already tell you that the camo/decals on that car has already worked its magic on you on several different levels and you don’t even know it. Here are just a couple. Number 1: While the camo only slightly distorts the image of the car, the camo subconsciously made you look harder at the car than you even realize because as a human when you are provided with a partially obscured image more regions of your brain are activated than would have been if you had seen a complete image. Number 2: The majority of Humans are hard wired to figure out puzzles. The camo’ed image presented your brain with a “puzzle” and subconsciously your brain was engaged in attempting to solve that “puzzle”not only while you were looking at the picture, but even after you quit viewing it your brain was subconsciously trying to fill in all the missing details and subconsciously may still be doing so. Number 3. It obviously triggered a reaction in you (and several others here) and got you engaged in talking about it online, thus multiplying its effect in engaging others and keeping the product in your mind. Therefor on several levels that camo you think is useless has from a marketing and psychodynamic goal served several of its intended purposes……….whether you think it is useless or not. An incomplete/camo/partial image deepened your engagement with the product.In your brain, it triggered not just your  Occiptal Lobe which contains the vision center of your brain, it triggered your frontal lobe where your problem solving skills and emotions are stored. Since your brain was engaged more it also more deeply triggered your temporal lobe which helps more deeply integrate what you see and feel in to a long term memory.  Those are just a few of the main areas marketers want to trigger. I won’t waste my time going in to all your other brain regions that were probably activated since those darn  camo/decals are so useless and you think it doesn’t work on you.…………………

 

Edited by mhr1961
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:drop: :thumbsup: Liked. Nice post mhr1961, I knew there probably was a huge psych side and reasoning to the camo but wow I got educated. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Secondo. I contribute where I can, and like to share knowledge in areas where I have experience and/or  formal education.

Know why the Shelby Cobra is such a continuously popular and timeless design which was and still is attractive to most men and many women? The human mind ,especially in men, is way more stimulated by curves than straight lines, look over a Cobra and you will notice there is barely a straight line any where on the body of the Cobra.

Know why when you go to Theme parks that most of the trails are winding and curved? It stimulates more of the imagination and "wonder" portion of child's and an adult's brain more than a straight and clear pathway because it makes the brain "wonder" what is around the next curve and deepens their memory of the experience.

Fascinating stuff.

Edited by mhr1961
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

I didn’t say anything about whether anything would affect you as an individual in choosing to buy the car or not. I explained with factual knowledge as to why camo decals are used in the development of automobiles. Your dismissive reply is ignoring the science of optics, as well as ignoring marketing principals and other scientifically proven human psychodynamic principals that influence car buying. Choosing to ignore knowledge and facts  does not change the reasons that camo/decals are effective in helping car companies maintain a competitive edge and nor does it change the fact that camo/decals play a key role in the product development, engineering, marketing  and the psychodynamics of buying a vehicle. For someone who apparently refuses to even try to understand the reasons for camo/decals, I can already tell you that the camo/decals on that car has already worked its magic on you on several different levels and you don’t even know it. Here are just a couple. Number 1: While the camo only slightly distorts the image of the car, the camo subconsciously made you look harder at the car than you even realize because as a human when you are provided with a partially obscured image more regions of your brain are activated than would have been if you had seen a complete image. Number 2: The majority of Humans are hard wired to figure out puzzles. The camo’ed image presented your brain with a “puzzle” and subconsciously your brain was engaged in attempting to solve that “puzzle”not only while you were looking at the picture, but even after you quit viewing it your brain was subconsciously trying to fill in all the missing details and subconsciously may still be doing so. Number 3. It obviously triggered a reaction in you (and several others here) and got you engaged in talking about it online, thus multiplying its effect in engaging others and keeping the product in your mind. Therefor on several levels that camo you think is useless has from a marketing and psychodynamic goal served several of its intended purposes……….whether you think it is useless or not. An incomplete/camo/partial image deepened your engagement with the product.In your brain, it triggered not just your  Occiptal Lobe which contains the vision center of your brain, it triggered your frontal lobe where your problem solving skills and emotions are stored. Since your brain was engaged more it also more deeply triggered your temporal lobe which helps more deeply integrate what you see and feel in to a long term memory.  Those are just a few of the main areas marketers want to trigger. I won’t waste my time going in to all your other brain regions that were probably activated since those darn  camo/decals are so useless and you think it doesn’t work on you.…………………

 

 

Sweet geezuz!!.....I think you're right mhr great explanation...now that you said it I've been looking at the camo pick more and more trying

to pick detail out so I guess it works....:thumbsup:........Just hope it all comes together the way I like because I'm due for another Mustang and a 700+

hp GT500 would fit that bill.......:shift:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lot of people have been looking at it......and they weren't quite sure why. From what I can see it is going to be a nice car.....and those quad potato cannons coming out the back look good.

Edited by mhr1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To: mhr1961,  In a previous post you mentioned about the styling and curves that are used on   the Shelby Cobra and other cars. In my opinion I think you are absolutely right in saying more men then women have a liking for all the curves in the design of a lot of very cool, (sexy) if you prefer cars.  A excellent example would be like a very bright shade of red on a Ferrari sports car like a Dino or maybe a very cool 1963 Corvette Stingray Split window coupe!  And then there is the 69 and 70 awesome Mustangs, Mach 1, Boss 302 & 429 and others. All these cars mentioned had very cool lines and curves on them!  And the 63 Vette and also the Boss Mustangs had the great "Larry Shinoda" working on them!  So the auto manufacturers do usually know what turns on the public, and sometimes they even listen! LOL  :lol:  This is just my opinion!

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

a lot of people have been looking at it......and they weren't quite sure why. From what I can see it is going to be a nice car.....and those quad potato cannons coming out the back look good.

 

 

Yeah they're huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and another reason they deploy camo/decals. Manufacturers don’t like to cannibalize sales of prior or current releases. The camo will stay on the GT500 a bit longer because they don’t want to steal “press thunder” or orders from the recently released Bullitt. They are gonna let all those diehard Bullittheads fill those order banks in the coming weeks and months while they keep us guessing about details on the new GT500……….once those Bullitt order banks are fattened up , then you will see the strip tease commence and Ford will start peeling the camo wrappers off the 2020 GT500 and finally showing you what you have been  wondering about that has been hidden underneath the pasties…….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Oh and another reason they deploy camo/decals. Manufacturers don’t like to cannibalize sales of prior or current releases. The camo will stay on the GT500 a bit longer because they don’t want to steal “press thunder” or orders from the recently released Bullitt. They are gonna let all those diehard Bullittheads fill those order banks in the coming weeks and months while they keep us guessing about details on the new GT500……….once those Bullitt order banks are fattened up , then you will see the strip tease commence and Ford will start peeling the camo wrappers off the 2020 GT500 and finally showing you what you have been  wondering about that has been hidden underneath the pasties…….

At $48K for the Bullitt, don't expect a "strip tease" any time soon. :cool:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

At $48K for the Bullitt, don't expect a "strip tease" any time soon. :cool:

I am thinking Ford is not going to have any problem selling the Bullitt even at $48-49kk, that really is not much more than the approximate $44k that a GT premium costs. For only a few thousand bucks you get an extra 15 hp, some cool green paint, a bunch of Bullitt Badges, a chance to drive something “limited” and delude yourself that you are as cool as Steve McQueen. There are still plenty enough late stage baby boomer Bullitt Heads walking around around who will be willing to plunk down $4k for that.  The other reason I don’t think Ford will have a problem selling all of them, and perhaps quite quickly,  is that they are also going to be making the new Bullitt available in the United Kingdom. McQueen is still very popular in the UK among car enthusiasts as well as the general population over there. Media over there has already been priming the pump for the Bullitt Mustang.  There was a big feature article in the UK version of GQ magazine back in June of 2017 about Steve McQueen and months prior to that was the release of the Movie titled “Steve McQueen, the Man and Lemans” and it was released in the UK too. All that happened months before a bunch of rumors and blurry pictures of a Bullitt  looking Mustang started showing up on the walls  in the background  inside Ford last year  accidently “confirming” another Bullitt…………and all of the sudden it’s going be available in the UK too………hmmmmm, what an odd set of “coincidences”………..

 

sorry for the sidetrack,  back to the new GT500.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice photo, not uncommon to see a cage on a test mule. I like the way the front is looking. While I realize the big air opening down low on each side are popular in today’s design, it is nice to see them make the grill opening somewhat resemble the 1968 GT500. Doing so is a bit of a challenge with safety/bumper regulations to work around. ……………

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest markham51
3 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Nice photo, not uncommon to see a cage on a test mule. I like the way the front is looking. While I realize the big air opening down low on each side are popular in today’s design, it is nice to see them make the grill opening somewhat resemble the 1968 GT500. Doing so is a bit of a challenge with safety/bumper regulations to work around. ……………

 

I agree on both points. Likely roll cage is there for testing only and I do like the look of the front end a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Ford still wining the advertising game by keeping their product out there and on everyone's mind!  "Mission Accomplished"!        Let the "Great Guessing Game" continue on!!!!!!   LOL   :lol:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 5:22 AM, markham51 said:

https://www.mustang6g.com/?p=12489

GT500 spy shot with roll cage.  

 

Couldn’t that mean it’s a sub 10 second car???

 

edit- there’s an Easter Egg for ya :lurk:

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...