• Announcements

• Staff

ABOUT TEAM SHELBY   01/01/2007

Member Benefits:   First, there's the Team Shelby swag. No other club packs your membership kit with more than Team Shelby! Whether you are a renewing member or new to the “family” of Shelby enthusiast worldwide, our goal is to help you enjoy a high-octane lifestyle!   From a Unique Membership Card, Team Shelby Calendar, Team Shelby Hat, Collector Coin, Team Shelby T-Shirt, Windshield Cling, Team Shelby License Plate, Lapel Pin and 4 pack of pulpboard coasters -  the contents of your Team Shelby Membership Kit more than pay for your membership alone!   In addition, your membership includes:   Exclusive Access to Team Shelby Member Forums   10% discounts at Carroll Shelby's Stores in Las Vegas and Los Angeles (present current member card for discount)   Driving Experiences   Invitations to Exclusive Team Shelby Member Events   Insider information from Shelby American   Affiliate Partner Discounts   Updated November 28, 2018. Team Shelby Club 2019 Team Shelby Membership Kit Please note that membership contents are subject to change.   Team Shelby was designed and engineered by real enthusiasts inside and out of Shelby.   Team Shelby was originally formed in 2008 by Carroll Shelby. He wanted to create a club for people to truly enjoy their cars. He knew the world had changed, and he wanted his companies to meet the needs of the new generation of Shelby owners. His vision was to knit together those people with the owners of early Shelby's and give everyone fun new ways to experience their high performance vehicles.   Mr. Shelby imagined a place where owners could talk about their latest conquests at the track, swap stories, share photos and learn new ways to hot rod their cars! He wanted to link all of the enthusiasts into one "dream garage"... thus, Team Shelby was born!   Team Shelby has many free, open access forums, news sections and member only areas dedicated to the community.   In addition, Team Shelby has a full series of events for 2019, which include VIP Experiences, track days, National & Regional gatherings, cruises, car shows and more! Ownership of a Shelby is not required to be a member. The club is dedicated to serving all Shelby enthusiasts past and present including those that own cars built in the 1960's and Shelby Dodges too! Carroll Shelby (Team Shelby Member #001) said: "We built Team Shelby for anyone who is passionate about Shelby cars! We’ll have a blast and we'll do it the Shelby way!   Yearly Membership Rates   U.S. $49.99 | Canada & Mexico $59.99 | E.U., others $65.99   Join the Team Shelby Club   click here to choose a Team Shelby Club subscription package.   Membership Kit Arrival   Your Team Shelby Club membership kit and I.D.card will generally arrive within 6-8 weeks.   Need Help?   Email Brianna:  e-mail her here.  
    • ForumAdmin

Having Problems Logging In To Team Shelby ?   02/12/2018

If you are having a problem logging in to Team Shelby since the software change made last December/January please send an email to bfawn@shelby.com  Please include your real name and Team Shelby user id in this email so that we may look into what the problem might be. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Greenwood

Shelby American Racing

Dear Forum,

I have recently acquired this great poster from a neighbour who stood in line to get it signed personally by all the racing team including Carroll Shelby, all the signatures are in ink and genuine. I can't find another copy of this poster anywhere, does anyone recognise it? I do think I need to insure it too, it wasn't cheap although we guessed and agreed a value between ourselves, anyone know what it might be worth although I am not selling it!

It's about 3ft by 1 1/2 ft so very big.

thanks, jon 

Shelby.jpg

I do not know the value of your framed art/print/poster. However, here may be some clues. ATS "Ascenseurs pur Mesure" translated means "ATS Custom Lifts". They are a well-known French company based in Paris. They build custom lifts, and by “lifts” I mean custom elevators for High end Homes and condo and commercial buildings. They have sponsored several race teams for Lemans in the past as a form of advertisement for their company. I don’t think they go back as far as Lemans sponsorship in 1960s era though. You didn’t provide a clear picture of the autographs and other letterings on the piece but the one clue is ”The Shelby Heart Fund”. The number you see out to the right appears to be  European phone number. That number may no longer be valid since the art/print appears to be maybe 1990’s era. My guess it was some kind of advertising /promo poster for ATS at an event that also helped raise funds for the Shelby Heart Fund. You may want to contact ATS and see if they can give you an idea of when it was made and whether there was only one or 1 million produced.

Here is the contact info for ATS:

Intervention no .: 0811 460 260 
Telephone: 01 80 60 65 00

Fax: 01 80 60 64 63

Email: commercial@ats-ascenseurs.com

Hey that's great thanks for your time on this. It was mid 80's and Carroll Shelby etc. were at Donington sat in a line signing these posters. My pal bought it and then had it signed by them all so I know its the real deal with proper signatures not prints. I'll drop ats a line and see if they respond. I have tried to find more of these posters but haven't traced another yet.

cheers

Jon

1246-DCpe-Xray-6a-345x250.jpg

Daytona Coupe X-ray
personally autographed by Carroll Shelby

This framed JJ François print was autographed by Carroll Shelby in 1997 or '98, and has been in our locked storage ever since; these photos were taken on 31 March 2008.

Just found this on line, mine has all the other signatures of the race team too.

Jon 

additional info on my post from a poster sold in 2008 and only signed by CS
Daytona Coupe cutaway view. Personally autographed by Carroll Shelby.
Currently (1/01) out-of-stock.
Artwork by J.J. François. Caption at top reads "Shelby American Racing; 1964 LeMans winner in GT Class; Dan Gurney·Bob Bondurant; 1965 World Champion in GT Class."

Artwork and printing done in Paris, France. The backside is printed with two letters (en Français) penned by Robert Sarrailh of A.T.S Evolution, and Pete Brock. Personally autographed by Carroll Shelby. Poster above is hot-linked to a higher resolution image. VERY rare vintage poster.
Measures 19" x 26.5" (48cm x 67cm)

$240 + $12 UPS shipping in U.S.
California residents must add $19.20 sales tax.

Canada orders: $240 + $14 shipping

Overseas orders: $240 + $22 shipping

Edited by Jonny Greenwood

Hi again,

Here is a better photo of the signatures and it looks like I have the artist there and Carroll Shelby as well as the racing team but I don't know 4 of the other signatures?

shelby signatures.jpg

5 down, 1 to go.  The signature to the lower left of Carroll Shelby is Maurice Trintignant.  He drove the #188 Daytona Cobra Coupe in the 1964 Tour de France for Shelby America.  Didn’t finish the race but a valiant effort in the first several 1964 outings for the greatest American race car in history (in my humble opinion!).

E6FE9CCA-D2D7-4113-8E69-5C8B1C6023FB.jpeg

C4CF0FDF-1D81-48F9-9A3A-B002B2966048.jpeg

Edited by Mustangcollector

6 down...mystery solved.  The signature underneath Maurice Trintignant’s is his co-driver in the 1964 Tour de France...Bernard de Saint Auban.  The picture below is from the signature edition of the Daytona Cobra Coupes book...I have one and it is the definitive edition for these cars.  His signature is in the center, two down from Carroll Shelby.

So, what you have is a poster printed by a French company that had some event where they brought together the makers of the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe and the French race drivers from the 1964 Tour de France.  Nice piece!...put it under some sun-proof glass and on the wall so those signatures don’t fade any more than they already have!  Don’t hide this in the closet.  Thanks for sharing!

C27AD0FE-42E8-48AE-B04C-2BAC9F1AF700.jpeg

Edited by Mustangcollector

Bob Bondurant’s signature is on this “French”-based poster because he drove the #187 Daytona Coupe in the 1964 Tour de France for Shelby American.  None of the Daytona Coupes finished this race.  The picture here is of the Exoto diecast model of his car.  Note the logo for the race on the front of the car, which is unique to the various liveries for the Coupes in 1964-1965. 

Again, great signed poster!  Now you have the lineage for it.

A8139D03-EA03-4B19-9A55-5FBD0DDB5184.jpeg

Wow, Many thanks for all the leg work, awesome.

Can be many of these either.

Under nice glass and frame now, was rolled up in my mates garage for 20 years some some age related signs but as you say, a fab piece

Many thank...jon

ps I race for Ginetta in British GT no.58 Jonny Greenwood  google me at jonny Greenwood ginetta if you're interested!