mach 1 1970

New C8 maybe it’s getting close.

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

GM’s Formal Announcement: It was a minor "electrical issue". They left the Sunvisor vanity lights on when they went in to Tubby’s to buy chicken wings,  donuts and Extra Large Icee’s for the GM Marketing Team…….

• Haha 1

Sebring this weekend enjoy.

8E487D57-720A-4A8D-A97F-7B58E7694F99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got this from the mid-engine forum. 

C8 is moving forward. After all they call the process testing and development. They did find a frame issue caused by ZORA’s massive, approximately 1,000 HP/1,000TQ, and they fixed it; they did find an electrical issue and solved it; and they did have a third issue and they fully resolved it.

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

C8 is moving forward. After all they call the process testing and development. They did find a frame issue caused by ZORA’s massive, approximately 1,000 HP/1,000TQ, and they fixed it; they did find an electrical issue and solved it; and they did have a third issue and they fully resolved it.

1000HP/TQ: Fake news!

:hysterical:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Re-read this sentence:

"Ford Motor teased a possible electric Mustang-inspired crossover late Thursday at the same time Tesla was about to begin an event to announce its own new electric vehicle."

Don't worry, it will be okay. 

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Holy crap!!...If true that would be one wild ride...…….:peelout:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

1000HP/TQ: Fake news!

:hysterical:

Really ?....You know this for a fact ?....Ford has a 1000hp Mustang.....Dodge is coming out with the new Angel Hellcat with the new 426cui with an est

950 to 1000 HP.....Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility these days at all.

• Like 1

Oh I don't doubt that it could be done but not sure if they will immediately release a new design with that much HP.

22 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Ok, fair enough, but the deviation from that 94% would be most likely 1% to 2% at best. The point is an overwhelming majority of people prefer an automatic and find no “fun factor” in rowing gears.

I owned a 64.5 with an automatic. 260 and Gen, rescued it from a farmer’s field and restored it from the ground up. Loved the car and hated it too……wish I still owned it.

I would agree that is fair to say that most people prefer automatics.  And a larger group of people don't even know how to drive a stick.  One of our club members bought a new Mustang several years ago, GT, I believe, and taught himself how to drive a stick with that car, because he wanted a stick.  So, automatics are becoming the 'standard' more and more.  But, for those who do want to have a stick, it should be easier to get in vehicles, especially those of the sporty version.  Choice is a good thing.

Bummer that you let that one go.  Hopefully someone is appreciating it.

2 hours ago, Secondo said:

Re-read this sentence:

"Ford Motor teased a possible electric Mustang-inspired crossover late Thursday at the same time Tesla was about to begin an event to announce its own new electric vehicle."

Don't worry, it will be okay. 

More fake news.  It was the Mustang pony in a tweet that said "hold your horses".  That was all that was there.  Taking that to mean a Mustang-inspired electric crossover is a huge leap with no basis in fact.  Just speculation.  When Ford actually announces something, then it can be discussed, complained about, or cheered, but for now there's nothing to even discuss cuz there is no info.

• Like 1

GM was testing a future 1000hp car from what I read. FYI 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Oh I don't doubt that it could be done but not sure if they will immediately release a new design with that much HP.

Not saying it will just saying it's not that it would be out of sorts in the high hp days we're in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I would not bet against that one bit Mach.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Mongoose...definitely my favorite Corvette of all time ...C2 rocks........  :victory:

00EB6758-16B7-4F58-B655-7D2664FE2D50.jpeg

55D5304E-D3B2-4D1F-8B8A-6A8ACB1643C9.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

I would agree that is fair to say that most people prefer automatics.  And a larger group of people don't even know how to drive a stick.  One of our club members bought a new Mustang several years ago, GT, I believe, and taught himself how to drive a stick with that car, because he wanted a stick.  So, automatics are becoming the 'standard' more and more.  But, for those who do want to have a stick, it should be easier to get in vehicles, especially those of the sporty version.  Choice is a good thing.

Bummer that you let that one go.  Hopefully someone is appreciating it.

Here is a video of the first mustang ever sold. It is a good reference if you are maintaining/restoring a 1964.5. They have pics of the original and pics of the restoration.

• Like 1

Fake news straight from CNN! (Corvette News Network!) :hysterical:

50 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Fake news straight from CNN! (Corvette News Network!) :hysterical:

Well if it came from there THEN I'd say not true...………..:hysterical:

• Like 1

You guys have been busy

My new truck is home, it’s awesome and better than I’d hoped for. :rockon: 

I’ve been rubbing on it (as G calls it) ....going over things and detailing small items. The seats need to come out (because I’m anal) as the guy must have had a dog in it over the years. There’s no hair ANYWHERE visible,  but between the seats and center console and underneath them, it’s pretty furry. :lol: 

The stealer I bought it from in Ohio, put brand new GoodYear Wranglers on it, as the stock tires were on it still and dry rotted. The truck only has 26K on it. They also noticed a small star in the windshield right in the drivers line of sight, so they put a brand new windshield in it the day before I picked it up. This place was amazing to deal with, and to buy it sight unseen and be happy, is fabulous. 

Today I put on a silver painted 2011 model TRD Pro grille in lieu of the factory chrome unit. The stainless exhaust tip and added the 2019 T A C O M A letters on the tailgate. Rearranged the chrome emblems back there to make it also mimick the 2019 truck. Looks much newer in the front, and the rear now. 

I have a silver TRD front skid plate on order for it and the TRD short shifter, and TRD (K&N) air filter element. That will probably be it for a while. :hide:

46473167195_b968338c0d_b.jpg

Those ^^^^^ are bugs on the front bumper. ;) 

46664882134_3572b1b5d0_b.jpg

46664882604_9249ef3e6f_b.jpg

46664882664_fcd7d137c9_b.jpg

• Like 2

Chris....you have been a busy beaver. ....No Mongoose.don’t go there ......:waiting: 

.You drove it back 6 hours and already put some mods on it. Looks nice nice nice. .....:rockon: when do you ever sleep ..

:shrug: 💤   Just put some shag carpet in there and you won’t notice the hair ......don’t ya think  🤔 

No seriously It sounds like you were dealing with an honest dealership. Congrats 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

You guys have been busy

I’ve been rubbing on it (as G calls it) ....going over things and detailing small items. The seats need to come out (because I’m anal) as the guy must have had a dog in it over the years. There’s no hair ANYWHERE visible,  but between the seats and center console and underneath them, it’s pretty furry. :lol: 

The stealer I bought it from in Ohio, put brand new GoodYear Wranglers on it, as the stock tires were on it still and dry rotted. The truck only has 26K on it. They also noticed a small star in the windshield right in the drivers line of sight, so they put a brand new windshield in it the day before I picked it up. This place was amazing to deal with, and to buy it sight unseen and be happy, is fabulous. 

Today I put on a silver painted 2011 model TRD Pro grille in lieu of the factory chrome unit. The stainless exhaust tip and added the 2019 T A C O M A letters on the tailgate. Rearranged the chrome emblems back there to make it also mimick the 2019 truck. Looks much newer in the front, and the rear now. 

I have a silver TRD front skid plate on order for it and the TRD short shifter, and TRD (K&N) air filter element. That will probably be it for a while. :hide:

Awesome truck BB looks new congrats!!….:thumbsup: ……..Identical to the 08 I bought Pitch including the colour….I bought the sport hood for that one that had the scoop

on it...don't know why but you could only get the sport hood on the full 4 door and we didn't like the full 4 door nor needed it.

Ahhhhh….by the way you used...Rubbing on it.....Anal and Furry in the same sentence...…….:doh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

You guys have been busy

Hey Chris,   G's new Truck, :cool:  is looking pretty "Awesome"!!     Looks like you got a real winner in great condition, and a very good Dealer to buy from!!       "Congrats" to you and Gina!!

Later Bud!                          "GOOSE"           :peelout:

Chris....you have been a busy beaver. ....No Mongoose.don’t go there ......:waiting: 

.You drove it back 6 hours and already put some mods on it. Looks nice nice nice. .....:rockon: when do you ever sleep ..

:shrug: 💤   Just put some shag carpet in there and you won’t notice the hair ......don’t ya think  🤔 

No seriously It sounds like you were dealing with an honest dealership. Congrats 

Hey Slo Lane, now your being a bad boy!!  LOL     :club:             :hysterical2:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Mike. I’m really happy. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Awesome truck BB looks new congrats!!….:thumbsup: ……..Identical to the 08 I bought Pitch including the colour….I bought the sport hood for that one that had the scoop

on it...don't know why but you could only get the sport hood on the full 4 door and we didn't like the full 4 door nor needed it.

Ahhhhh….by the way you used...Rubbing on it.....Anal and Furry in the same sentence...…….:doh:

Thanks Keef. G wants that hood too....... :doh:  I’m not doing that. Waaaaaay too much deniro. 

Why did I know YOU would catch those words all in one post?????????! :lol: 

Only Tek would point that out, besides you, but he don’t come around here much. :cry: 

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris,   G's new Truck, :cool:  is looking pretty "Awesome"!!     Looks like you got a real winner in great condition, and a very good Dealer to buy from!!       "Congrats" to you and Gina!!

Later Bud!                          "GOOSE"           :peelout:

Thanks Gooser! Ummm, no, this is NOT G’s truck. It’s my new DD. 

And you wanted a “clue” to what our newest toy was? Well........................ We sold the 350, and are hot on a super low mile Porsche Cayman for G’s DD in Az. 

The 350 is headed to Miami. End of March it will be picked up in Az. June would be three years in my possession, and it has only 2350 miles on it. It’s the least used of all my cars. So it doesn’t make sense to hang on to it. :( 

• Like 1

Here is my SGT, all finished at SAI. The new owner sent me these pics last night from the Bash. 

Looks amazing! 

The wheels are CS3’s. I have no idea what he spent, so don’t ask. It wasn’t cheap...I know that. But it has to be one of the lowest mike examples out there. He did BREMBO front brakes and the mid draw hood. I see they finally changed out the fender rocker decals. That was the last thing to do. He kept my taillamp bezels :happyfeet: 

I am jealous, not gonna lie. :worship: 

32448564167_1eb751fe93_b.jpg

46475260665_bb8d1926ab_b.jpg

46475260675_8b5c1f7ef1_b.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Thanks Keef. G wants that hood too....... :doh:  I’m not doing that. Waaaaaay too much deniro. 

Why did I know YOU would catch those words all in one post?????????! :lol: 

Only Tek would point that out, besides you, but he don’t come around here much. :cry: 

Thanks Gooser! Ummm, no, this is NOT G’s truck. It’s my new DD. 

And you wanted a “clue” to what our newest toy was? Well........................ We sold the 350, and are hot on a super low mile Porsche Cayman for G’s DD in Az. 

The 350 is headed to Miami. End of March it will be picked up in Az. June would be three years in my possession, and it has only 2350 miles on it. It’s the least used of all my cars. So it doesn’t make sense to hang on to it. :( 

Hey Chris, sorry about calling your new "TOY"  Truck Gina's, but that's kind of your fault buddy!!   LOL :club:         :hysterical2:   I happen to remember someone :idea:talking about getting G a truck for a daily driver a while back!!     :shrug:     "REMEMBER"!!  :hysterical:      Okay, enough teasing!        I personally have always really liked the very "COOL" Porsche Cayman and it is one of my  favorites right next to the 911!!!     A while back I was really thinking of buying one, it's a very sporty cool car and G should look real good driving it!!   :banvictory:          P.S.   Just a F.Y.I. for ya Chris:   make sure you check-out info on certain year Porsche Engines!    I don't remember the year or years, but in the past, if I remember right, there was some problems with certain Porsche Engines!!    :doh:          I wish you "GOOD LUCK" and "GOOD HUNTING"!!  :thumbsup:              Later Bud!          "GOOSE"       :peelout:          (Stick or Paddle). LOL    ;)

Later Bud !                         "GOOSE"            :peelout:

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Here is my SGT, all finished at SAI. The new owner sent me these pics last night from the Bash. 

Looks amazing! 

The wheels are CS3’s. I have no idea what he spent, so don’t ask. It wasn’t cheap...I know that. But it has to be one of the lowest mike examples out there. He did BREMBO front brakes and the mid draw hood. I see they finally changed out the fender rocker decals. That was the last thing to do. He kept my taillamp bezels :happyfeet: 

I am jealous, not gonna lie. :worship: 

32448564167_1eb751fe93_b.jpg

46475260665_bb8d1926ab_b.jpg

46475260675_8b5c1f7ef1_b.jpg

Hey Chris, totally "AWESOME"!!    I can totally understand being a little jealous!    The whole car looks super sharp and I absolutely love that (DEEP DRAW) Hood, very cool!    This is only the outside and it's way cool, wait till the hood opens up for the rest of the "COOL" stuff!!    It might of been a little pricey, but "HELL", he got what he wanted in the end, and really, isn't that what a Car Guy wants in the end!!       Very nicely done, and from what I can see, I think the new owner is very satisfied!!    :victory:          Later Bud!          "GOOSE"     :peelout:

Well the Corvette boys are at it again at Sebring. Should be an exciting race later today. 

Click below for a lap around Sebring    ......enjoy  

F564E589-2403-41A9-B07E-72D2BEFF643B.jpeg

Click below  

https://sportscar365.com/features/videos/a-lap-of-sebring-with-tommy-milner/

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Chris good morning.:reading:   

I don’t know about those size wheels on a SGT. Not my choice it kind of takes away the whole retro theme. Just too big IMO. It’s not yours anymore and I guess I’m just criticizing the big wheels . Torque thrust wheels are my favorite on the old 65 GT350R in race trim. My pet peeve is when people put 22” wheels on 65 / 66 mustangs especially in chrome finish.. Just looks awkward in appearance.......:stirpot:

One of my favorite all time Shelby’s..... the 06 Hertz car. Favorite hood and too bad they didn’t use this hood on the later Shelby’s . The basic wheels look good also IMO  

D52435BF-1EDA-49B2-BEF5-EEF717A902D4.jpeg

6EF59563-83E2-4EF1-90BC-F29A46953652.jpeg

F6C83343-6327-4DAD-9F70-AF11ABAB1E6A.jpeg

E1B3522C-3635-4B15-A0A8-E4AE775969B9.jpeg

81FF36B2-EC6A-49AD-8E6F-47CA2298F9B8.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1