Jump to content
mach 1 1970

New C8 maybe it’s getting close.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, those were awesome engines back then!   The 428 Cobra-Jet that came out in 1968 was one of F!ord’s best engines ever made for all around use what-ever that was!    J.M.O.                   Later Bud!          “GOOSE”    :peelout:

Agreed! I spoke to Bob Tasca, Sr. right before he passed away! Got tired of not having a competitive Ford motor for the street to sell and race on the track and put together the first 428! :thumbsup:

Got to ride in an original 1968 GT500KR 428CJ for the first time recently. It ran very strong and smooth!

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - King of The Road-18.jpg

Edited by Secondo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Just for you,  my Black Vette,1964, would blow the doors off of those two cars!   Also, I have owned, in the past a 65 Goat, 389 / w tri-power.    Been there, done that!   :thumbsup:

P.S. I’m not bragging, just stating the facts that some Vettes were very fast back then!!

Mongoose you were one lucky guy to own a 1964 Vette back then. Our high school was middle class and nobody was lucky enough to own one. Except for that one guy after graduation. The one eyed  pirate  with one wicked vette  

 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Agreed! I spoke to Bob Tasca, Sr. right before he passed away! Got tired of not having a competitive Ford motor for the street to sell and race on the track and put together the first 428! :thumbsup:

Got to ride in an original 1968 GT500KR 428CJ for the first time recently. It ran very strong and smooth!

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

I like where this conversation's going. :lurk:

 

Do you have any stories from your era, Tek? 

My era of cars started in 1987 with my first Mustang at 19 years old to present. I was around for the second generation of musclecars. I got some stories. Most of us started with buying the first-gen cars then. A couple guys in my gang bought the new stuff (1987-up fox-body 5.0's). We had 3 first gen Mustangs (two 1972 351C-4V Sportsroofs, and a 1965 coupe with a 351W),  Camaros (1967- 1991) and Firebirds (1967 Fitch- 1988 Formula), a 1968 Charger 440 and a 1971 442. We had a Fitch, yes you read that right. He still has it.

Edited by Secondo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Just for you,  my Black Vette,1964, would blow the doors off of those two cars!   Also, I have owned, in the past a 65 Goat, 389 / w tri-power.    Been there, done that!   :thumbsup:

P.S. I’m not bragging, just stating the facts that some Vettes were very fast back then!!

Those 427 Vettes were brutally fast for the day...I believe they had the best power to weight ratio of any of the stock factory cars

back then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Secondo said:

Do you have any stories from your era, Tek? 

My era of cars started in 1987 with my first Mustang at 19 years old to present. I was around for the second generation of musclecars. I got some stories. Most of us started with buying the first-gen cars then. A couple guys in my gang bought the new stuff (1987-up fox-body 5.0's). We had 3 first gen Mustangs (two 1972 351C-4V Sportsroofs, and a 1965 coupe with a 351W),  Camaros (1967- 1991) and Firebirds (1967 Fitch- 1988 Formula), a 1968 Charger 440 and a 1971 442. We had a Fitch, yes you read that right. He still has it.

 

Model T's weren't that powerful in Tek's era...……..:hysterical:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Secondo said:

Agreed! I spoke to Bob Tasca, Sr. right before he passed away! Got tired of not having a competitive Ford motor for the street to sell and race on the track and put together the first 428! :thumbsup:

Got to ride in an original 1968 GT500KR 428CJ for the first time recently. It ran very strong and smooth!

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - King of The Road-18.jpg

 

Beauty!!….and the right colour!!……..:worship:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

 

Model T's weren't that powerful in Tek's era...……..:hysterical:

You're right, that's because they were long gone. :club:

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

You're right, that's because they were long gone. :club:

 

 

Model A's .........:whistling:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tekheavy said:

You're older than me!! :rant:

 

Yes but Stanley Steamers were powerful!!………..:shrug:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Hey Slo Lane, a cool car to own would be the 70 Mach1, 428 Cobra Jet, R code, Shaker Hood,4spd.Detroit Locker rear end, fold down seat, rear window slats, front spoiler, rear deck wing spoiler,393 gears, and a Candy Apple Paint job to top it off!!      :thumbsup:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Those 427 Vettes were brutally fast for the day...I believe they had the best power to weight ratio of any of the stock factory cars

back then.

Hey Keefer, back then I loved running the hi-po 327 small blocks, they were a lot lighter, and they could really turn on fast in the R.P.M.s before the (Boat Anchors ) 427s + 396s , which we called them back then could play catch-up!     The only 427 C.I. Vette I wouldn’t probably beat in the Quarter mile was the 427C.i. ,factory Tri- Power , 435 H.P.!   A friend of mine has one and it’s a real “Animal” if you let it go!     Quite a while back when I was running my Black 64, I heard about a very nice 66 Yellow Stingray Coupe for sale, and it had the Factory 427, 4spd., with the factory side pipes and the very cool big block hood!    Well my wife and I were interested, so we decided to take it for a test drive!   All I can say is what a “Bone” compared to my Hi-Po small blocks, the car had no guts and was very disappointing from the performance side.   It was to bad because I really liked the car other than that!!     :drop:                           Later Bud!            “GOOSE”       :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Beauty!!….and the right colour!!……..:worship:

Hey Keefer,  that’s a real “LOOKER”, and it’s got the right Show winning Color!   A guy I met when I was showing my 70 Mach1 has a Blue 68 KR 428 Shelby and he owns his own body shop and was very big into Mustangs!     :thumbsup:                          Later Bud!         “GOOSE”   :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The latest  C8 meme going around. This one is for Mongoose.....:hysterical2:

B6362177-3091-4C56-BDB7-1253CD570314.jpeg

Thanks Slo Lane!     Keep your eyes “WIDE OPEN”!!!    LOL      :hysterical2:           P.S. Just don’t get caught!      😜                  “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man oh man, I’ve been away for a couple days getting my new digs squared away and this thread has really strayed off topic. :drop: 

Good to see my buddy Len in the house! :rockon:  And that new GT/SC....... :worship: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 350 is now paid for and leaving for Miami next week. 

We closed on the home today, and moved in the first round of stuff stored in with the cars. Movers are bringing the furniture from the old Scottsdale house tomar morning, and the A/C units get installed in the garages tomar too. Then the garage floor guys come Monday to epoxy coat. Hopefully before I go back to NJ on April first I’ll get the cars into the new garages. Then all will be well. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah Goose, I received that same shamrock airbag warning in the mail last week too. I have PILES of airbag recall warnings for all three of my S-197’s   They will not be getting done. I know Len is planning on doing my old SGT. I hope once he does it, they’ll stop sending me his. :doh: 

Hitting the rack. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...