mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

46 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Chris ...wow I hope they are a bit off on that date. The whole summer and winter no C8. The frozen north and Midwest will get this  car in January and February. GM needs to sell  vettes and people want to buy them. Right now they have over 9000 C7 sitting on dealer lots. People are waiting to see this car in the flesh. Nude you might say. 

Later slo lane .:shift:

Hey Slo Lane,   the Chevy Boys are still playing the wait and see game with every body!       "Keep-um guessing, Homer"!!     LOL        :hysterical2:

P.S.  It will all come out in the wash in the end!!           Later Bud!                 "GOOSE"        :peelout:

58 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Most vette forums say the C8 base will come in at $65/$70 msrp. 

Hey Slo Lane,     J.M.O. for what's it worth,  but I believe that's a little low for that new design of car!!      It would be great if it did come in at $65/$70 mrsp!!    You still have to remember it's all about making money in the end, and "PROFIT" is "King" in their books!!    :thumbsup:           Later Bud!      "GOOSE"            :peelout:

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,     J.M.O. for what's it worth,  but I believe that's a little low for that new design of car!!      It would be great if it did come in at $65/$70 mrsp!!    You still have to remember it's all about making money in the end, and "PROFIT" is "King" in their books!!    :thumbsup:           Later Bud!      "GOOSE"            :peelout:

^^^^ This 

:shrug:

• Like 1

Yeah Goose, you’re spot on. I will indeed have to “beg” to start the modding. The one thing she wants (oddly) is a C. A. I. 

She knows I do em on all my cars, and knows the benefit. :) 

• Like 1

I happen to believe the C8 will start at a pretty high MSRP. Might also be a good reason to build the C7 along side for a while ..... for poor man Joe! 

Edit -.....err, poor man BB. :doh: 

Edited by BIKEBOY
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Check your Robert's Rules of Order, revised.  Discussion comes after a motion has been made and seconded. Yeah, I'm a parliamentarian geek.

Only if there's a question on the motion....I'm president of DC39 IUPAT and chair all the meetings...………..;)

Edited by svtkeith
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Yeah Goose, you’re spot on. I will indeed have to “beg” to start the modding. The one thing she wants (oddly) is a C. A. I. 

She knows I do em on all my cars, and knows the benefit. :) 

Well can't see Gee being to excited about your new sort throw shifter...……..:whistling:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Great info BB....That C8 is going to be so out of rage price wise here it's not even funny...C7 Z06 are still going anywhere from $110-$130k and ZR1's are

running in the $160-$180k range...…….:drop:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Great info BB....That C8 is going to be so out of rage price wise here it's not even funny...C7 Z06 are still going anywhere from $110-$130k and ZR1's are

running in the $160-$180k range...…….:drop:

Holy moley that’s a lot of “dough.” You could open a pizza place. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Holy moley that’s a lot of “dough.” You could open a pizza place. 

I know Mach that's what I've been saying all along...we're getting hosed.....A Hellcat new is $90k...A Red Eye $110-120k...A ZL1 Camaro $75k - $87k

My 07 GT500 in 06 was $51,299 at MSRP no markups.....Now remember you got to add 15% HST tax on top of every price I mentioned above.

• Like 1

What about used cars are you still taxed at 15% ?  If you trade do you get a tax break on the difference ? Like $85K - your trade = your taxable amount. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

What about used cars are you still taxed at 15% ?  If you trade do you get a tax break on the difference ? Like $85K - your trade = your taxable amount. 

:lurk: 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Well can't see Gee being to excited about your new sort throw shifter...……..:whistling:

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Oh yes for sure....even if I sell a car outright as long as the buyer buys my car through the dealer I get the tax break....Let's say I buy a $90k car

and I get $50k for my trade I only pay tax on $40k....and yes it's still 15% no matter the price of the car....If I go to the US and buy a car as soon

as I get to the border I pay 15% plus duty...They got you by the short and curlys no matter what you do.....Now Natives in this country pay no tax at all.

Oh and by the way it's 15% tax new or used and if that car gets sold 20 times 15% tax gets charged every time.

Edited by svtkeith
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I happen to believe the C8 will start at a pretty high MSRP. Might also be a good reason to build the C7 along side for a while ..... for poor man Joe! 

Edit -.....err, poor man BB. :doh: 

Poor man, me too!      :lol:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Oh yes for sure....even if I sell a car outright as long as the buyer buys my car through the dealer I get the tax break....Let's say I buy a $90k car

and I get $50k for my trade I only pay tax on $40k....and yes it's still 15% no matter the price of the car....If I go to the US and buy a car as soon

as I get to the border I pay 15% plus duty...They got you by the short and curlys no matter what you do.....Now Natives in this country pay no tax at all.

Oh and by the way it's 15% tax new or used and if that car gets sold 20 times 15% tax gets charged every time.

Hey Keefer,  that really sucks big time!!   My suggestion, become a Native!!!     LOL     :)       Just teasing buddy!!     :thumbsup:         Later BUD!         "GOOSE"     :peelout:

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I know Mach that's what I've been saying all along...we're getting hosed.....A Hellcat new is $90k...A Red Eye $110-120k...A ZL1 Camaro $75k - $87k

My 07 GT500 in 06 was $51,299 at MSRP no markups.....Now remember you got to add 15% HST tax on top of every price I mentioned above.

Hey Keefer, I got a tip for ya!    Just turn the Hose "OFF" !!     LOL     :hysterical2:                          I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist buddy!        :hide:                Later Bud!           "GOOSE"    :peelout:

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  that really sucks big time!!   My suggestion, become a Native!!!     LOL     :)       Just teasing buddy!!     :thumbsup:         Later BUD!         "GOOSE"     :peelout:

Damn right it sucks......Well I'm "Metis"....Which is French and Mi'kmaq mix.....Guess my ancestors mess around a bit with the Indians when they

got here....:hysterical: …….I do have my Metis card BUT we don't get the tax break....In my best John Wayne voice...Well pilgrim it don't pay to be PART

Engin!!!!…………:hysterical2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I'd move. :lurk:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

That’s a load of Caca! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Damn right it sucks......Well I'm "Metis"....Which is French and Mi'kmaq mix.....Guess my ancestors mess around a bit with the Indians when they

got here....:hysterical: …….I do have my Metis card BUT we don't get the tax break....In my best John Wayne voice...Well pilgrim it don't pay to be PART

Engin!!!!…………:hysterical2:

Hey Keefer,  if you have the card, it sounds like there not giving you a fair shake!    What's good for the "GOOSE", is good for the Gander!!    Did you ever try and push the issue to be fair, maybe give it a try, who knows it might work!!!      By the way, I love watching John Wayne movies, Chissum, Big Jake, and lots of others!!!     :cool:

Later Bud!                      "GOOSE"        :peelout:

17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

At least we get free health care...as long as you can wait a year or two.:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Here it is...... the first Hybrid Mustang. :happyfeet: 

https://www.motor1.com/news/307583/ford-mustang-hybrid-spy-shots/amp/

:hide: 

Hey Chris, you knew it was going to be coming down the line sooner or later!    Just don't call it (you know what)!!!  LOL     :hysterical2:        Later Bud!        "GOOSE"      :peelout:

25 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Chris, you knew it was going to be coming down the line sooner or later!    Just don't call it (you know what)!!!  LOL     :hysterical2:        Later Bud!        "GOOSE"      :peelout:

Right!? :hysterical2: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 06H275 said:

At least we get free health care...as long as you can wait a year or two.:)

:yup: 

:hysterical: 

A few years back when I was living in TO.....the Minister of Health of Ontario flew to NYC to have open heart surgery. OMG, the shyt storm that ensued in the media after it was revealed he did that!! :drop: 

• Sad 1

Hey Guys, here's a cool older article I just ran across on the  06 to 08 Shelby GTs.    It's a article that came out in the 2007 Shelby Annual by Scott Black, and photos by Jerry Heasley. 

Since the final Shelby rolled off the assembly line in 1970, true-blue enthusiasts have eagerly awaited another Mustang-based pony car touched by the performance gurus at Shelby.  Carroll Shelby said that a week didn't go by over the last 40 years without someone asking me to build a new Shelby Mustang!  He said the thought was always in the back of his mind to bring the (Program) back!    It just had to be at the right time, and that time was in 2006 when Shelby and Ford got together again to give the (Program) another run!   Now it was time for FORD and Shelby to answer the people's requests.   They resurrected the GT500 in response to the success and demand for the Hertz Shelby GT, and that encouraged them to team-up on a retail version of that rent-a-racer in early 2007.  This new Shelby was based on the (same recipe) that made the '60s-era GT 350 so successful! It was easy to drive, very fast, and offers great value, (Bang for the Buck)!!!   Carroll Shelby said I didn't design them to be investments, I built them to (blow the doors off) the competition, but it's nice that collectors (want them), and they're a lot more fun than mutual funds!!   For the year 2008 there was 2,100. Shelby GTs built in the new for 08, Vista Blue was the new signature color.  Also in 08 they offered a convertible version of the Shelby GT.    There was a smaller production run in 08 for the Shelby GTs  do to pressures of also trying to build the Shelby GT500KR and also upgrading stock Shelby GT500s with the new Super Snake Package.     Thus, because of this situation, the 08s will be among the most "exclusive performance cars of our time"!!  :thumbsup:   Now that's pretty cool in my book because I just so happen to own one, and it' one of 971 made, and I really enjoy the car!    Carroll Shelby said when the time was right, we introduced a car that is fast, fun,and (Collectable)!!  He said it has a Jekll-Hyde personality that's mild-mannered on the street  and then destroys other cars on the track!   The Ford Shelby GT has brought back the golden era of muscle cars, and we look forward to eating up the competition this year!!     "Well Said MR. Shelby"!     R.I.P.    :peelout:Later guys!       "GOOSE"             P.S.   I'm also posting 3 pics of my 2008 Shelby GT Model from Shelby Collectables!  A good buddy of mine was nice enough to find it and then sell it to me, because I didn't have one!    Thanks Again good buddy!!    ;)

IMG_0851__1551559535_82047.jpg

IMG_0856__1551559354_50735.jpg

IMG_0852__1551559424_96159.jpg

Edited by Mongoose
add pictures and some text

4 hours ago, tekheavy said:

I'd move. :lurk:

Just got out the bathroom.....I moved!!…………..:hysterical2:

• Haha 2