mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

2 hours ago, 06H275 said:

At least we get free health care...as long as you can wait a year or two.:)

It never used to be bad but it is getting worse....I know here in Nova Scotia my older Bro had a heart attack on a Monday and had bypass surgery the same

Thursday....Emergency surgery all is fine but it's knee and hip replacements and stuff like that that's a long wait other than that it's all good here in Nova Scotia

but I will say it's well worth not giving up one of your kids just to go to the hospital for surgery....I guess it's got it's good and bad points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  if you have the card, it sounds like there not giving you a fair shake!    What's good for the "GOOSE", is good for the Gander!!    Did you ever try and push the issue to be fair, maybe give it a try, who knows it might work!!!      By the way, I love watching John Wayne movies, Chissum, Big Jake, and lots of others!!!     :cool:

Later Bud!                      "GOOSE"        :peelout:

Yes got my Metis card but that only makes me 1/4 native....Thing is with that Goose there's just over 700k registered Metis across Canada and if

all of us didn't have to pay taxes out of 34 million population someone else would have to foot the bill which wouldn't be fair IMO....I just got my card

only for family history nothing more nothing less...…:shrug:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Yes got my Metis card but that only makes me 1/4 native....Thing is with that Goose there's just over 700k registered Metis across Canada and if

all of us didn't have to pay taxes out of 34 million population someone else would have to foot the bill which wouldn't be fair IMO....I just got my card

only for family history nothing more nothing less...…:shrug:

Hey Keefer, It's sounds like your a really fair and honest kind of guy, and in today's society that's cool in my book!      "Family" is everything!!:thumbsup:       Later Bud!         "GOOSE"     :peelout:

52 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, It's sounds like your a really fair and honest kind of guy, and in today's society that's cool in my book!      "Family" is everything!!:thumbsup:       Later Bud!         "GOOSE"     :peelout:

True that Goose!!...Family IS everything...……………:victory: …...Oh and my Native name is...Kwaq mwagh Potlotec Iquasi Kijuji Quwasi Ousmi Mikmasmohah

or in English....."Keith"...………..:hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Guys, here's a cool older article I just ran across on the  06 to 08 Shelby GTs.    It's a article that came out in the 2007 Shelby Annual by Scott Black, and photos by Jerry Heasley. 

Since the final Shelby rolled off the assembly line in 1970, true-blue enthusiasts have eagerly awaited another Mustang-based pony car touched by the performance gurus at Shelby.  Carroll Shelby said that a week didn't go by over the last 40 years without someone asking me to build a new Shelby Mustang!  He said the thought was always in the back of his mind to bring the (Program) back!    It just had to be at the right time, and that time was in 2006 when Shelby and Ford got together again to give the (Program) another run!   Now it was time for FORD and Shelby to answer the people's requests.   They resurrected the GT500 in response to the success and demand for the Hertz Shelby GT, and that encouraged them to team-up on a retail version of that rent-a-racer in early 2007.  This new Shelby was based on the (same recipe) that made the '60s-era GT 350 so successful! It was easy to drive, very fast, and offers great value, (Bang for the Buck)!!!   Carroll Shelby said I didn't design them to be investments, I built them to (blow the doors off) the competition, but it's nice that collectors (want them), and they're a lot more fun than mutual funds!!   For the year 2008 there was 2,100. Shelby GTs built in the new for 08, Vista Blue was the new signature color.  Also in 08 they offered a convertible version of the Shelby GT.    There was a smaller production run in 08 for the Shelby GTs  do to pressures of also trying to build the Shelby GT500KR and also upgrading stock Shelby GT500s with the new Super Snake Package.     Thus, because of this situation, the 08s will be among the most "exclusive performance cars of our time"!!  :thumbsup:   Now that's pretty cool in my book because I just so happen to own one, and it' one of 971 made, and I really enjoy the car!    Carroll Shelby said when the time was right, we introduced a car that is fast, fun,and (Collectable)!!  He said it has a Jekll-Hyde personality that's mild-mannered on the street  and then destroys other cars on the track!   The Ford Shelby GT has brought back the golden era of muscle cars, and we look forward to eating up the competition this year!!     "Well Said MR. Shelby"!     R.I.P.    :peelout:Later guys!       "GOOSE"             P.S.   I'm also posting 3 pics of my 2008 Shelby GT Model from Shelby Collectables!  A good buddy of mine was nice enough to find it and then sell it to me, because I didn't have one!    Thanks Again good buddy!!    ;)

IMG_0851__1551559535_82047.jpg

IMG_0856__1551559354_50735.jpg

IMG_0852__1551559424_96159.jpg

Nice story Goose. 

Good form SLO Lane ;) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

True that Goose!!...Family IS everything...……………:victory: …...Oh and my Native name is...Kwaq mwagh Potlotec Iquasi Kijuji Quwasi Ousmi Mikmasmohah

:drop:

:hysterical2: 

• Like 1

Hey Mongoose I hope you enjoy that SGT........just don’t let the felines sit on it   ....I know Ace would not  

..later slo lane  .:shift:

BD2F9732-FBD7-43FA-8728-8C06A7FCA6BD.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:hysterical:

:hysterical2::hysterical:.........:shift:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Hey Keefer, being that your such a "FUNNY" guy,    :hysterical2: if it's all right with you,  I'll just call you Keefer!!!!    LOL    :hysterical:               Later Bud!                "GOOSE"       :peelout:

6 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Nice story Goose. 

Good form SLO Lane ;) 

Hey Chris,  Thanks, it's kind of funny sometimes how things just turn up at the right time!!    LOL     :whistling:       I guess that was kind of a SLOOOO  story!!  LOL   :puppy_kiss:     Later Bud!  "GOOSE"     :peelout:

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:hysterical2::hysterical:.........:shift:

:yahoo:     Auug-buga walk. ????      :mademyday:

Hey Mongoose I hope you enjoy that SGT........just don’t let the felines sit on it   ....I know Ace would not  

..later slo lane  .:shift:

BD2F9732-FBD7-43FA-8728-8C06A7FCA6BD.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane,  thanks, and yes I'm enjoying it!!  :thumbsup:    It's currently in the living room in the wall cabinets sitting on top of my very cool Mark Donahue Racing blue Mustang!    I think I should buy a display case for it!   Funny thing tho, it's a real  (SLOOOO) process keeping them darn things clean, so I'm going to blame it on them darn cats!!    LOL.  ;)

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, being that your such a "FUNNY" guy,    :hysterical2: if it's all right with you,  I'll just call you Keefer!!!!    LOL    :hysterical:               Later Bud!                "GOOSE"       :peelout:

Close enough Goose!!……;) ……...Keefer it is!!!!………..:dance:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:yahoo:     Auug-buga walk. ????      :mademyday:

Goose yur native also!!…………:happyfeet:….:hysterical:

• Haha 1

Bailey says keep ACE off the SGT .......:hysterical2:

02CA7AE0-2D1F-4D4F-AFDA-C76A9407A76D.jpeg

2B656F7C-0E9C-4B02-8DF5-00CFBE3B7A2E.jpeg

• Haha 1

Keith....you guys have a great sense of humor up there in the great white north. I can’t tell you how amazing Quebec City was when we visited that city many many years ago. We had such a wonderful time ....we were on a camping trip before we got married. A van and a sleeping blanket and some friends. Moose lake area if my memory serves me right heading back to Maine. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,  thanks, and yes I'm enjoying it!!  :thumbsup:    It's currently in the living room in the wall cabinets sitting on top of my very cool Mark Donahue Racing blue Mustang!    I think I should buy a display case for it!   Funny thing tho, it's a real  (SLOOOO) process keeping them darn things clean, so I'm going to blame it on them darn cats!!    LOL.  ;)

Just put a sign up that reads NO Cats  Allowed   that should keep them out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That cat needs a "Bow TiE"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

.:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith....you guys have a great sense of humor up there in the great white north. I can’t tell you how amazing Quebec City was when we visited that city many many years ago. We had such a wonderful time ....we were on a camping trip before we got married. A van and a sleeping blanket and some friends. Moose lake area if my memory serves me right heading back to Maine. 

Thanks Mach!!…...Well the way I look at it if you don't have some humor in life then all there's left is seriousness and sadness...…..;) 

Sounds like you and Wifey had a great time...glad you enjoyed part of our huge Country Mach.....:thumbsup:

Edited by svtkeith
  • Like 1

Mongoose.......It’s no wonder why Ace sits on your cars. Just getting back at you for putting cars on their stuff. Plus a Corvette of all things ........not good.........:hysterical2:

Bailey checking out your SGT . Let me see does that say powered by Ford. ?

She knows her Shelby’s. She says and I quote  “if it’s not from Vegas it’s not a Shelby “ Her words not mine. 

5FF3E587-A816-4917-92B3-F9A3AD8E8C1B.jpeg

B5CEBC63-24EE-4AF1-80E6-E238E453FBE5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

:yup: 

:hysterical: 

A few years back when I was living in TO.....the Minister of Health of Ontario flew to NYC to have open heart surgery. OMG, the shyt storm that ensued in the media after it was revealed he did that!! :drop: 

Hey BB, if you remember, I mentioned that i was coming to PHX last year with a buddy so he could visit the Mayo Clinic in your city. Well we did, and after a $13,000 bill he came back with nothing but piece of mind that the doctors here in CAN were correct in their evaluation. I'm not knocking the professionals we have, just that the time it takes to get something done.

Sorry I never got a chance to buy you lunch...I still owe ya!

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose.......It’s no wonder why Ace sits on your cars. Just getting back at you for putting cars on their stuff. Plus a Corvette of all things ........not good.........:hysterical2:

She knows her Shelby’s. She says and I quote  “if it’s not from Vegas it’s not a Shelby “ Her words not mine. 

Yeah I'm thinking by the looks of her she's got her doubts....:hysterical:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slo Lane, Ace says to tell "Bailey" to mind his own business, or he just might come over in his wagon to riprimand him!!   LOL     :hysterical:      Later Bud!        "GOOSE"    :peelout: 

IMG_0528__1551645874_37298__1551646038_34536.jpg

5 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Just put a sign up that reads NO Cats  Allowed   that should keep them out.

Ace says you better keep a lookout, or he might just show up at your house in his FORD WAGON!!   LOL       :whistling:        Later Guy!        "GOOSE"        :peelout:

IMG_0528.jpg

5 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Ace says this is the best he can do, and he doesn't wear "Bow Ties!!  LOL      :stop:              Later Guy!          "GOOSE"      :peelout:

IMG_0630__1551647488_39919.jpg

Hey Slo Lane,  you better tell Bailey to knock it off,  those are :slapfight: words , and we don't want to go there again!! LOL     :hide:          Also, that's not just any Corvette, that's the "awesome" Grand Sport Racing Corvette,  you'll have to train her better!!   LOL     :hysterical2:            Later Bud!            "GOOSE"      :peelout:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, Ace says to tell "Bailey" to mind his own business, or he just might come over in his wagon to riprimand him!!   LOL     :hysterical:      Later Bud!        "GOOSE"    :peelout: 

IMG_0528__1551645874_37298__1551646038_34536.jpg

Hey Ya'll…..A bit of nothing Canadian hockey history for ya......Back in the day there was a famous Hockey player by the of.."Ace Bailey"

he's in the Hockey Hall of Fame...…….;)

• Haha 1