mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

So this is chris’s Ex car.....nice. :thumbsup:

FE3BDF29-8720-48A0-9537-E8ADECFA4531.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Never Iron a Four-Leaf Clover? :shrug:

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

Never Iron a Four-Leaf Clover? :shrug:

Sorry Tech, wrong answer!   Hint;  It can fit inside a (Bread Box)!!       All you guys are going to have a good laugh when you find out the answer!!        :hysterical2:     Keep guessing!

Later!                 “GOOSE”           :peelout:

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Don’t press a shamrock .....🍀

Hey Slo Lane, you guys are hilarious!     Think hard about it being able to fit inside a (Bread Box)!!      Also, it’s car related, so guess again!!      You’ll laugh when you find out!!!    :hysterical2:

Later Bud!                         “GOOSE”               :peelout:

2 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

No argument here, Kevin.   She got delivered to her new home in Dallas today!   Tucked In 32019.jpg

Glad it made it to Texas safely. That’s good turnaround from Vegas on Sunday. I enjoyed meeting / talking with you on Sunday. Enjoy your Shelby, and I hope to see you at a future event.

Kevin

• Like 2

Hey Keefer, being you had the closest guess so far,   I’m going to give you a very big clue, it’s inside the Mustang!!      P.S. don’t think to hard!!      :hysterical2:

Let the guessing continue!!                              “GOOSE”        :peelout:

48 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, being you had the closest guess so far,   I’m going to give you a very big clue, it’s inside the Mustang!!      P.S. don’t think to hard!!      :hysterical2:

Let the guessing continue!!                              “GOOSE”        :peelout:

The S/C'r ………...:idea:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

No argument here, Kevin.   She got delivered to her new home in Dallas today!   Tucked In 32019.jpg

Congrats Len beautiful car....enjoy!!!!……….:victory:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Len Musgrove said:

Congrats Len beautiful car....enjoy!!!!……….:victory:

• Like 2

Okay guys, I said I’ll let you know the answer by the day’s end, but just to let you know,  I’m a little disappointed that no one guessed it!!        The “Answer IS”   this is the back of the new and latest “FORD” Air Bag Recall Post Card!!!      Sorry guys, I couldn’t make it to easy for ya!!      😜              :hysterical2:               P.S. I guess I win , but that’s not the out-come I was really looking for!!!             LATER Guys!                           “GOOSE”         :peelout:

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Okay guys, I said I’ll let you know the answer by the day’s end, but just to let you know,  I’m a little disappointed that no one guessed it!!        The “Answer IS”   this is the back of the new and latest “FORD” Air Bag Recall Post Card!!!      Sorry guys, I couldn’t make it to easy for ya!!      😜              :hysterical2:               P.S. I guess I win , but that’s not the out-come I was really looking for!!!             LATER Guys!                           “GOOSE”         :peelout:

:doh:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Fake news

Real. Very real. A Mustang you'll be able to take 6 of your closest friend with you to the retirement home. Extension cord optional.

• Thanks 1

Mongoose you Win... .....Ford quit sending those reminders to me..... so how and the HE double hockey sticks would I figure that out. ...:headspin: Go take Ace for a long walk ..... .......:hysterical2:   Need some old car stories about your 64 Vette. How many notifications is Ford going to keep sending out for those airbags ???  I think I received like 4 on just one Shelby alone. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:doh:

Hey Keefer, thanks for taking the time to play my game for a little “Humor”!!      I hope you had a good laugh when you found out the answer!!      :thumbsup:       Later Bud!          “GOOSE”     :peelout:

This one is for you Mongoose

Here is one of my all time favorite Mustangs. I had one just like this except no shaker hood . 351 Cleveland 2BBL also. Loved that car and was my first Mustang back in Dec of 1970. Had my first real job out of college. Still living at home and paid the sucker off in no time. $800 per month payments. Those were house payments back then. Average home was like $35K back then. Holy cow !  That’s a 19 mustang GT today ......🍀

Found this on ebay but not buying her. Not really looking at this point in time . 

F9099CD3-040F-43DD-943A-F47382CC3AF7.jpeg

615EC9A0-D262-403F-B3F1-39E94F0E6323.jpeg

8E6C97EC-02F0-4100-A1BB-337C09E0AD8F.jpeg

87ACE6D1-609F-4AD1-B496-E7E4252A4E8C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 3

Nice ride! I really like the 1970 taillights and rear in general. Did you have the 351C?

2 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Real. Very real. A Mustang you'll be able to take 6 of your closest friend with you to the retirement home. Extension cord optional.

Hey Falcon, thanks for the “Humorous” post, it made my day!!     :hysterical2:        I heard yesterday that Ford is going into the “Electified” field with SUVs, (Big Time)!!     Also, it sounds like their shifting a little more out of the (Self driving cars) to full bore Electric Vehicles!     I guess their also redoing or converting one of their big Plants near Detroit to get theirs plans going!

I really hate to say this, but I think the “Mustang” marque and possibly the “Mach 1” are in danger of “FORD” using them on new vehicles (SUVs), probably  Electric, that don’t deserve or have earned that storied name “MUSTANG”!!      J.M.O.              P.S.   Come on “ALL” you (Die Hard) “MUSTANG” lovers, (FORD) says they listen to us, so let’s tell them that using the “MUSTANG” marque on something other than a “REAL” performance MUSTANG, just isn’t “COOL” in are BOOKS!!      Let’s stick together “ALL” you car guys and do whats right!!  :thumbsup:

Again, J.M.O.             Hey “FORD”: are you listening, do you have your( EYES & EARS ) “OPEN”!!                Later Bud!              “GOOSE”     :peelout: 

27 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Nice ride! I really like the 1970 taillights and rear in general. Did you have the 351C?

Yes a Cleveland but with a 2BBL. (Insurance reasons)  Automatic also. Bought it used in 1970. Ford had to put new valve guides in under warranty at the time. One of my old high school buddies did the work. Left for Florida after my car was paid off. Bye bye Detroit. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose .....Ford quit sending those reminders to me..... so how and the HE double hockey sticks would I figure that out. ...:headspin: Go take Ace for a long walk ..... .......:hysterical2:   Need some old car stories about your 64 Vette. How many notifications is Ford going to keep sending out for those airbags ???  I think I received like 4 on just one Shelby alone. 

Hey Slo Lane,  I’ve gotten quite a few of those reminders from “FORD”, and the one that I posted was from about 3days ago!     It’s kind of funny in away how Ford does this, because a while back I went down to the Dealer and had them order a “Recall Kit” for my car!  They said it would probably be 3 to 4 weeks, called back at around 6 weeks and haven’t heard any thing since, and that was before “Winter”!!     Right now there’s still “SALT” on the roads so my car is going nowhere any time soon!!   😜        Hey, Slo Lane, I’ve had three 64 Vettes, and you didn’t mention which one to talk about!!    LOL   :hysterical2:           I got a better idea, how about “YOU” telling us about some of your cool stories while cruising the streets of Detroit!!     :thumbsup:

P.S. My typing finger is getting  a little tired, remember I’m just a plunker on the keys, and I’ve been plunking quite a bit lately, your turn, Buddy!!   :hysterical2:       Later Bud!     “GOOSE”   :peelout:

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Should I change my avatar ? 

FB8E7122-149C-4315-9205-8D5C7DFC37FB.jpeg

I remember the girls and mustangs thread...… back when there were a LOT of people involved on this forum.  I think that was the beginning of the mass exodus when they killed that thread.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  your very close to the answer, because it probably would fit into a “Bread Box”!!!        “Great guess” so far,  keep it going, your very close!!!       :salute:       Keep guessing!!

Later Bud!                  “GOOSE”         :peelout:

There once was a Man from Nantucket, he never got to Press His Lucket.............

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is one of my all time favorite Mustangs. I had one just like this except no shaker hood . 351 Cleveland 2BBL also. Loved that car and was my first Mustang back in Dec of 1970. Had my first real job out of college. Still living at home and paid the sucker off in no time. Uncle Sam Never got around to calling my number. 

Found this on ebay but not buying her. 

F9099CD3-040F-43DD-943A-F47382CC3AF7.jpeg

615EC9A0-D262-403F-B3F1-39E94F0E6323.jpeg

8E6C97EC-02F0-4100-A1BB-337C09E0AD8F.jpeg

87ACE6D1-609F-4AD1-B496-E7E4252A4E8C.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, reminds me of my 70 MACH1 that I use to show in judged shows.  Candy Apple Red with / Black, 351 Cleveland, Shaker,Slats, all Spoilers, with the cool Mag caps!  That car was probably the (Best Looking) Mustang I ever had!!    It’s very hard to beat “Candy Apple Red” in a show, it really was a (Real Looker)!!      :thumbsup:  Later Bud!        :peelout:

Back in 1970 grabber type yellow was a very popular color.  Not so much today. But RED will always be popular in any make car.

Had a few red 70 Boss 302’s in my day. The guy I bought the 70 red boss from put a mach 1 grille on her. That thing had a bud Moore intake and roller rockers. Too much carbs for that little boss to handle down low. Could not pull a dandelion out of the front yard. .....:hysterical2:

Below is the Boss at Road Atlanta back in the 80’s . My brother took the picture . 

OK  Mongoose you’re turn.......:rockon:  or you others fellas chime in with your old rides or new  

99452F20-F172-4A92-9B9C-28DD10280810.jpeg

63741DE2-3DF4-444E-BE4C-CF8895AC86F6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

There once was a Man from Nantucket, he never got to Press His Lucket.............

So he said F..........IT. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

So this is chris’s Ex car.....nice. :thumbsup:

FE3BDF29-8720-48A0-9537-E8ADECFA4531.jpeg

Sweet little '07 GT 5671 is all grown up into a beautiful GT/SC.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kevin said:

Glad it made it to Texas safely. That’s good turnaround from Vegas on Sunday. I enjoyed meeting / talking with you on Sunday. Enjoy your Shelby, and I hope to see you at a future event.

Kevin

Back at you, Kevin.  I was shocked how quickly it got down to these parts.  Sunday was a ball, and I enjoyed meeting you as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Back in 1970 grabber type yellow was a very popular color.  Not so much today. But RED will always be popular in any make car. Had a few red 70 Boss 302’s in my day. 

Hey Slo Lane, yes a Boss 302 in Red / Black stripes was a super looking car too!  I’ve had a couple of friends in the past that owned the Yellow Bosses!    My cup of tea, as far as a very cool color that really stands out after it is polished, and it’s hard to beat the looks is either a very deep Black, or a very cool deep Red,  or a Blood Red on a Ferrari!!    

P.S.  Black paint is totally cool when it’s polished, but it usually is dirty the same day!  Also very hot when sitting in the sun!!     The 70 Mach1 that I showed, when I first bought it was gloss Black w/ gold striping and it was my wife’s car, I already had my car, a 69 Z-28 Hugger Orange / white stripes that I showed and raced!   We sold the 70 Mach1 a few months later and then bought it back a few years later totally “Restored”, and now it was “Candy Apple Red” w / Black stripes, very sharp looker!       Later Slo Lane, theirs your car story for the day!!

“GOOSE”     :peelout:

10 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

So he said F..........IT. 

Potty Mouth!!     😜                       :hysterical2:             “GOOSE”     :peelout:

6 minutes ago, Len Musgrove said:

Sweet little '07 GT 5671 is all grown up into a beautiful GT/SC.

Wow 9 post you are brand spankin new on here. Welcome aboard......:rockon:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Wow 9 post you are brand spankin new on here. Welcome aboard......:rockon:

Hey Len,  I’ll second mach 1, welcome aboard!     :salute:

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, kevin said:

As I said earlier, probably the nicest black paint I have seen. Len is lucky to have acquired it. Your pride of ownership is very evident!

Kevin

Hey welcome aboard Kevin. Hope you hang around awhile. 

• Like 1