mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

2 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Great news and video- thanks for posting! :yahoo:

:thumbsup:

2006 Ford GT, Ford 5.4, twin-turbo, 45lbs of boost, over 2500HP!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Especially for Mach who may be getting one!!……….:peelout:

Hey Keefer, I’m thinking Slo Lane won’t jump to get the first ones out!    As a total New car and design with a mid-engine layout, I think there might be a few Bugs left in the (Batter) to sift out !!!  LOL.    It might be better to play the wait and see game if he can hold down his excitement on wanting one!    J.M.O.      :thumbsup:     We all will just have to wait and see how it plays out in the end!!     :salute:                  Later Bud!              “GOOSE”     :peelout:

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Holy crap that's hauling butt...……..:worship:

Hey Keefer,  they even still used the standard manual tranny to get that world speed Record!!     300.4 M.P.H. top speed and no paddle shifters needed!!:hysterical2:       Later Bud!  “GOOSE”      :peelout:

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  they even still used the standard manual tranny to get that world speed Record!!     300.4 M.P.H. top speed and no paddle shifters needed!!:hysterical2:       Later Bud!  “GOOSE”      :peelout:

Yeah no kidding Goose 300.4 mph with that old outdated manual shifter...how can that be????……...:hysterical:

• Haha 1

Could've hit 325 with one!  :yahoo:

Edited by Secondo

15 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I’m thinking Slo Lane won’t jump to get the first ones out!    As a total New car and design with a mid-engine layout, I think there might be a few Bugs left in the (Batter) to sift out !!!  LOL.    It might be better to play the wait and see game if he can hold down his excitement on wanting one!    J.M.O.      :thumbsup:     We all will just have to wait and see how it plays out in the end!!     :salute:                  Later Bud!              “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Mongoose....if the C8 has bugs I’ll just use my can of RAID. ........:hysterical2:

84ED89A6-7B85-40F4-B729-E6297463B998.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

Food for thought today. ...the manual trans 

factor in our alarming trend of traffic fatalities. But as Thakkar asks, "Could technology designed to save us from our lapses in attention actually make us even less attentive?"

In his concise piece, Thakkar makes the case that over-reliance on technology can be blamed for recent Tesla crashes and  medical errors. 

But his solution is one after our own hearts, and why we suggest you read his piece. The answer to all of the above is simple, engaging and beautiful — it's the manual transmission. When your brain and all four limbs are fully engaged in the driving experience, who needs beeps?

So get one today, while you still can.

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

factor in our alarming trend of traffic fatalities. But as Thakkar asks, "Could technology designed to save us from our lapses in attention actually make us even less attentive?"

In his concise piece, Thakkar makes the case that over-reliance on technology can be blamed for recent Tesla crashes, medical errors and even the recent crashes of Boeing 737 Max 8 jetliners.

But his solution is one after our own hearts, and why we suggest you read his piece. The answer to all of the above is simple, engaging and beautiful — it's the manual transmission. When your brain and all four limbs are fully engaged in the driving experience, who needs beeps?

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....if the C8 has bugs I’ll just use my can of BUY A FORD. ........:hysterical2:

Fixed it for ya. 

• Like 1

+1 I enjoy my daily driven and tracked manual 6-speed Mustang GT but I'm not gonna hate on the new, better technology automanuals.

10 minutes ago, Secondo said:

+1 I enjoy my daily driven and tracked manual 6-speed Mustang GT but I'm not gonna hate on the new, better technology automanuals.

That's great Sean very happy for you......Who is against new technology ?.....No one is saying the new auto is NOT better what people are saying

including myself...would much rather a manual PERIOD!!!!….nothing against the auto at all but sure would love that manual option as that's what

many on here prefer...if you'd rather the paddle shift auto that's fine also...just drop it and move on why change other peoples posts to suit your

own like or dislike....same as the knob selector...some rather a shifter some the dial selector is fine again to me personally I hate it in my truck

and would hate it more in a muscle car...to each their own.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

Fixed it for ya. 

Oh you’re a riot Sean..... bang zoom to the moon 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose....if the C8 has bugs I’ll just use my can of RAID. ........:hysterical2:

84ED89A6-7B85-40F4-B729-E6297463B998.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane,  that was a really “FUNNY” come back!    :hysterical2:                 Later Bud!         “GOOSE”    :peelout:

P.S.   Here’s a few Pics of a future (Draft Choice) for the “PACKERS”!!!     LOL  :hysterical2:           My grandson, “MASON” loves to dress up and play football!!!     :thumbsup:

IMG_0897__1553459718_84621__1553459718_88270.jpg

IMG_0891__1553459821_91307__1553459821_71257.jpg

IMG_0890__1553459933_10763__1553459933_47807.jpg

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

In his concise piece, Thakkar makes the case that over-reliance on technology can be blamed for recent Tesla crashes and  medical errors. 

Hey Slo Lane,  thanks for that “Super Post”!    If you really think about it hard and be totally honest it makes alot of sense!   As the new cars become more and more (TECKY) with always adding more controls and buttons to use and press it really does take your eyes off the road more, and that can be very dangerous with more and more drivers on the road!   The manual tranny for most people isn’t very hard to master if your willing to try!   And I, as well as some of you feel like you can control your car better and at will and become more a part of the (Whole) car experience and really (Enjoy) your ride and become (One), with your car!    There’s a couple of you who probably will never understand what I just said, and don’t (Get IT)!!!   (Guess What)??  You probably never will, and that’s really too bad, but it’s your “LOSS”!!   J.M.O.     I’m not against new technologies and advancements for the new cars, and some of them are really great, like (Blind spot sensors),( collision warning), (Cameras),( Magnetic control) and some others!  But, if I’m being totally honest with you, even in my new Ford Edge I find myself some times distracted by all the new devices and controls that are included in the new vehicles!!   Also, it seems like a lot of the control markings on the buttons and dials are alot smaller and harder to read, and thus, it takes your eyes more off the road where they should be in the first place!!   Then you add in all the (Cell Phones) out there, and the big, “NO”-“NO” texting and then we really become a very distracted driver behind the wheel instead of getting the job done at hand!     “Technology” is great in the new cars, but too much can make our brain to busy to focus on the job at hand, (Keeping our “EYES” on the Road)!!       Again, just my “OPINION”!!        P.S. Yes, I still love my “Ford Edge”!!   :thumbsup:            Later Bud!       “GOOSE”    :peelout:

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

That's great Sean very happy for you......Who is against new technology ?.....No one is saying the new auto is NOT better what people are saying

including myself...would much rather a manual PERIOD!!!!….nothing against the auto at all but sure would love that manual option as that's what

many on here prefer...if you'd rather the paddle shift auto that's fine also...just drop it and move on why change other peoples posts to suit your

own like or dislike....same as the knob selector...some rather a shifter some the dial selector is fine again to me personally I hate it in my truck

and would hate it more in a muscle car...to each their own.

Hey Keefer, you said it alot better than I could!  I totally agree with everything you just posted!   Like I said before, Sean (Doesn’t get it)!   He likes what he likes and that’s basically it, which is very (Narrow Minded) in M.O.!       (Different Strokes for Different Folks)!        Sean; you have a “Great Day” and a better “Tomorrow”!!   😜

Later Keefer!             “GOOSE”     :peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,  that was a really “FUNNY” come back!    :hysterical2:                 Later Bud!         “GOOSE”    :peelout:

P.S.   Here’s a few Pics of a future (Draft Choice) for the “PACKERS”!!!     LOL  :hysterical2:           My grandson, “MASON” loves to dress up and play football!!!     :thumbsup:

IMG_0897__1553459718_84621__1553459718_88270.jpg

IMG_0891__1553459821_91307__1553459821_71257.jpg

IMG_0890__1553459933_10763__1553459933_47807.jpg

Ya never know Goose!!!......at least he's trying and not playing a video game...……...:victory:

• Thanks 1

Anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle knows how to be completely engaged in operating a motor vehicle and be 100% aware of your surroundings.  I agree with the manual transmission requiring more of the driver's attention and therefore making the driver a safer driver compared to someone who is preoccupied with tech gadgets and/or relying on the automobile to correct their mistakes with technology based driver aids.  But on the flip side, the technology based driver aids could also save a life as well.  It is kind of a double edge sword with the main problem being the human being behind the wheel...  as Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, you said it alot better than I could!  I totally agree with everything you just posted!   Like I said before, Sean (Doesn’t get it)!   He likes what he likes and that’s basically it, which is very (Narrow Minded) in M.O.!       (Different Strokes for Different Folks)!        Sean; you have a “Great Day” and a better “Tomorrow”!!   😜

Later Keefer!             “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Hey Michael! You're talking about yourself here. I drive a manual musclecar every day. I also can drive an automanual and find it is quicker around a track and in a drag race. I like and can drive them both. What is disturbing to me is that you have to keep hating on the new GT500 transmission everywhere on Team Shelby! We get it, you don't like it and don't want to! Narrow minded! And you keep making negative comments about us "real car" guys! Thumbs down, man! From my point of view, you're not the "real car guy!" 

Have a great day!

:peelout:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Secondo said:

Hey Michael! You're talking about yourself here. I drive a manual musclecar every day. I also can drive an automanual and find it is quicker around a track and in a drag race. I like and can drive them both. What is disturbing to me is that you have to keep hating on the new GT500 transmission everywhere on Team Shelby! We get it, you don't like it and don't want to! Narrow minded! And you keep making negative comments about us "real car" guys! Thumbs down, man! From my point of view, you're not the "real car guy!" 

Have a great day!

Sean again you take things WAY to personal when it comes to the GT500....Who the heck is bad mouthing the new GT500???...all Goose Mach and myself

are saying is that we'd wish it had a MANUAL and that's what we prefer over an auto...some don't even mind the auto they just don't like the knob instead of a shifter

and you take that as bad mouthing the GT500??….if someone so much as say one little negative thing about the car you go off the deep end...come on man you're

a smarter guy than that... Goose or Mach never said they didn't like the car as a whole they said the fact that it had no manual they didn't like that part of it as I

feel the same way but rather like the car to be totally honest....come on Sean let it go you love the GT500 the way it is and that's fine...some don't...big whoop!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI for whoever here wants to know, Here's Jim Owens, Ford Performance Marketing Manager showcasing the new GT500. See the 3:00 mark. He says that the dial was chosen because the shift mechanism adds unnecessary weight and they wanted it to be as light as possible. No release yet on the final weight of the car.

And I thought my initials were "BS"...… It was a cost cutting measure using parts available from other Ford models.  

5 hours ago, Secondo said:

Have a great day!

I don't think anyone hates the new GT500.  Just making suggestions based upon what they would like to see on the car.  One thing I would like to see moving forward is for everyone to stop using the phrase "real car guy".  That is getting very old very quickly...… :waiting:

Edited by ViperNC
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Oh you’re a riot Sean..... bang zoom to the moon 

Very cool! My Dad loved Jackie Gleason!!  :hysterical2:

1 hour ago, ViperNC said:

I don't think anyone hates the new GT500.  Just making suggestions based upon what they would like to see on the car.  One thing I would like to see moving forward is for everyone to stop using the phrase "real car guy".  That is getting very old very quickly...… :waiting:

Thank you ViperNC for mentioning that! 

:finger:

It's getting ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Anyone who has ever ridden a motorcycle knows how to be completely engaged in operating a motor vehicle and be 100% aware of your surroundings.  I agree with the manual transmission requiring more of the driver's attention and therefore making the driver a safer driver compared to someone who is preoccupied with tech gadgets and/or relying on the automobile to correct their mistakes with technology based driver aids.  But on the flip side, the technology based driver aids could also save a life as well.  It is kind of a double edge sword with the main problem being the human being behind the wheel...  as Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid".

Hey Viper, another excellent post that makes alot of sense!     I’ve been riding Motor-cycles ever since I’ve had my License, which is a very long time, and you learn very fast to “Always” be on the “Defensive” side when your (Riding)!!    I think that has made me a lot better driver all-round!!   I really like the new (Blind Spot) alert and the lane deviation and cross traffic alert, and the cruise automatic speed adjustment, and cameras on my Edge!   Very cool stuff to help keep you safe and secure, and your right it is kind of a double edged sword!!          Later Viper!             “GOOSE”     :peelout:

2 hours ago, ViperNC said:

And I thought my initials were "BS"...… It was a cost cutting measure using parts available from other Ford models.  

Well, I'm just reporting what Jim Owen's said, and he also said it's on the Ford GT as well. I guess it's the direction Ford is going. 

And I don't think it's a cost cutting measure on a 70+K and $400+K car.

Edited by Secondo

One thing I would like to see moving forward is for everyone to stop using the phrase "real car guy".  That is getting very old very quickly...… :waiting:

+1 Bad form, "Goose!"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Sean again you take things WAY to personal when it comes to the GT500....Who the heck is bad mouthing the new GT500???...all Goose Mach and myself

are saying is that we'd wish it had a MANUAL and that's what we prefer over an auto...some don't even mind the auto they just don't like the knob instead of a shifter

and you take that as bad mouthing the GT500??….if someone so much as say one little negative thing about the car you go off the deep end...come on man you're

a smarter guy than that... Goose or Mach never said they didn't like the car as a whole they said the fact that it had no manual they didn't like that part of it as I

feel the same way but rather like the car to be totally honest....come on Sean let it go you love the GT500 the way it is and that's fine...some don't...big whoop!!!!!

Hey Keefer,  Thanks again!  You totally said the truth about what I’ve been trying to say and how I feel, and I don’t hate on cars, I love the cool cars!   All I said is I don’t care for the “Knob” in performance cars like the GT500 and I would love to have a choice of a manual tranny in it, that’s basically it!   I happen to really like GT500 and think it’s a pretty “Awesome” Mustang!    Sean and his Co-horts love to put us down for our views on cars on this cool “C8” forum, and I think it’s about time they grow up and start acting like (Adults), besides this is suppose to be a (Corvette) C8 forum and they don’t even own one!  There simply on hear to cause trouble with a lot of negative talk and put down alot of our comments!     J.M.O.   They only see things their way!           “GOOSE”    :peelout:

Hey Viper, that can be arranged!    How about all the very negative comments and put-downs by Sean being stopped also!!:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Secondo said:

+1 Bad form, "Goose!"

Now we have the “POT” calling the “Kettle” Black!!!        “Look in the MIRROR” !!