mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

This keeps popping up on the Corvette forum. Kind of boring if you ask me. Don’t like the side window glass shape . Remember it’s just one persons concept. There was another artist that used to post but hasn’t done any new renderings. 

11A5D9BD-289C-4297-9150-AEAE7FD5DAC7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, falcongtho3 said:

Thanks for posting. .:rockon:

Hope the mustang doesn’t grow like the article claims. The current mustang is a great design and hope they don’t do a radical change. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks for posting. .:rockon:

Hope the mustang doesn’t grow like the article claims. The current mustang is a great design and hope they don’t do a radical change. 

Yeah, I am surprised that Ford didn't do an April Fools thing claiming the next Gen (2021) Mustang will be built on a stretched Focus Platform and will be FWD with a 2.6 Eco-Boost V6, a 20 Speed Transmission, roll on  22" Rims and get 32 MPG in the City.         :whistling:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

When  there is no news on the C8 it’s ....open topic for all to post. This is in the non automotive section.  This tread is almost a year old and still no release of the C8. A few people have Posted news on the C8 as it becomes available. If someone post a topic and it’s not interesting it won’t get any traction it’s just that simple. There are some people that come on here because it’s always getting responses. But it’s getting responses from people who enjoy each other’s comments. FYI...BB needs to post his new digs. Let’s see he has a Boss, Gurney, and a C7 in his new garage in AZ. He sold his 16 GT350 and SGT recently. 

Later slo lane .:shift:   

But it started in the automotive section, and rightly so, but it morphed into something more resembling the Lobby.  Had it been just C8 stuff, and stayed that way, it would be about 10 pages long instead of 245.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Yeah, I am surprised that Ford didn't do an April Fools thing claiming the next Gen (2021) Mustang will be built on a stretched Focus Platform and will be FWD with a 2.6 Eco-Boost V6, a 20 Speed Transmission, roll on  22" Rims and get 32 MPG in the City.         :whistling:

:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Interesting info....if true wonder why Ford would want to go bigger for the next gen Mustang when Dodge has already said they were going

to a new Alfa platform which is smaller than the outgoing Challenger by at least by 300lbs.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

This keeps popping up on the Corvette forum. Kind of boring if you ask me. Don’t like the side window glass shape . Remember it’s just one persons concept. There was another artist that used to post but hasn’t done any new renderings. 

Yeah not liking that side window style either.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Some C8 news:

"What’s Up with the Mid-Engine Corvette’s Development Issues?

Is it because “General Motors LOL” or is something else going on?"

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/mid-engine-chevrolet-corvette-c8-problems-issues/

They must of had Boeing Engineers build their Computer set up. 

• Haha 1

Delays in the C8 ......Same thing happened in 1983. Nothing new here. Just that people ( car blogs ) today want instant gratification. Plus the 24/7 news cycle with 500 channels ,Facebook, forums and texting  etc.

Have you ever seen a 1983 Corvette ?.:headscratch:

Nope didn’t happen. .:doh:....Oh sure they built some prototypes but no production cars were ever offered for sale. Yep delays in engineering and testing resulted in the delay of the C4. They didn’t even offer the C3 for 1983. There is only one prototype that GM didn’t destroy and it’s at the national Corvette Museum. Just some history I thought would be cool to bring up. 

Later slo lane. .:shift:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, svtkeith said:

Thanks Jim.....hope spring has sprung in your neck of the woods bud.

Not yet had 3" of snow Saturday still, most of it has melted  but still cool +1 c high winds today.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Delays in the C8 ......Same thing happened in 1983. Nothing new here. Just that people ( car blogs ) today want instant gratification. Plus the 24/7 news cycle with 500 channels ,Facebook, forums and texting  etc.

Have you ever seen a 1983 Corvette ?.:headscratch:

Nope didn’t happen. .:doh:....Oh sure they built some prototypes but no production cars were ever offered for sale. Yep delays in engineering and testing resulted in the delay of the C4. They didn’t even offer the C3 for 1983. There is only one prototype that GM didn’t destroy and it’s at the national Corvette Museum. Just some history I thought would be cool to bring up. 

Later slo lane. .:shift:

Very true there is no 83 Vette...I agree back then you'd buy a magazine then had to wait a month for the new issue just to see what was new in

the car world and that was pretty limited info...now days you even got people that works in the factory engineering dept leaking info...there is one

guy in particular that's been spot on with the Hellcat well before it came out and he was dead on with the Demon and Red Eye also...funny he don't get

caught and fired.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shelby001 said:

Not yet had 3" of snow Saturday still, most of it has melted  but still cool +1 c high winds today.

Gotcha Jim....pretty much the same here warming up slowly going down to -7c tomorrow night.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Gotcha Jim....pretty much the same here warming up slowly going down to -7c tomorrow night.

.:cold:

23 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Oh hell that's just 20 degrees F🏖️

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, svttim said:

Showing 5/5. It goes on the assembly line on Thursday

Pictures when she arrives ....I miss my 2016   350 track pack. Hey don’t be a stranger stay around. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

For the next week or more in Tallahassee FLORIDA..........78 to 85 degrees...........:happyfeet:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

For the next week or more in Tallahassee FLORIDA..........78 to 85 degrees...........:happyfeet:

Too hot.

Was 65 here today. Perfect. :dance:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Interesting info....if true wonder why Ford would want to go bigger for the next gen Mustang when Dodge has already said they were going

to a new Alfa platform which is smaller than the outgoing Challenger by at least by 300lbs.

Yeah, Ford was supposed to go lighter on the S550 as I recall, and we all know how that turned out. So our next Mustang can be super-sized, electrified or soccer mom flavor?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Pictures when she arrives ....I miss my 2016   350 track pack. Hey don’t be a stranger stay around. 

I will post up when she arrives. Ill try to keep up with you guys :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slo Lane, it’s better than nothing at all!!:drop:

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey all you guys, stopped at the local A & W to grab a bite to eat, and while I was at the Drive thru I noticed just 5 cars showed for the first Wednesday night car show of the year!    It’s still fairly cold and windy and damp out so that affects the turn-out big time!  Now if it was very sunny out and in the 50s and 60s that place would of been packed!!       Later Guys!              “GOOSE”     :peelout:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Didooo from me too!!            “GOOSE”    :peelout:

9 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Yeah, Ford was supposed to go lighter on the S550 as I recall, and we all know how that turned out. So our next Mustang can be super-sized, electrified or soccer mom flavor?

Yeah... very true the S550 went heavier....I guess it's those heavy batteries on this new gen...…….:hysterical:

• Haha 2

Hey all my fellow car guys and (Motor Heads)!  I was reading my latest Motor Trend, May,019 and in it there was some cool and very descriptive reminders of just what the future generation of car nuts (Aren’t going to have), but we were all very lucky to experience these “Awesome” times in the Automotive history!   We car freaks are either living in or just about to enter the end times as far as internal combustion engines are concerned.  The (Automotive World) is going “Electric”!   You can’t stop progress!  You can, however, toss two fourth -quarter Hail Marys to illustrate just how good our kids( ain’t gonna have it) !!    Jonny Lieberman’s words, not mine, just to clarify!  This was a article he was doing on a comparison test (Head to Head) on Dodge Hellcat Redeye 797 H.P. against the Ferrari 812 Superfast 789 H.P.!!   He later said the Ferrari stomps the  Redeye like a elephant squishes an ant!!  ($$$$$)!!!!     Both these machines are a celebration of what we’ll miss most when they’re gone, Big,Loud,Screaming,Thumping,Grin-inducing, Pupil-dilating, Chest-compressing,Mother-loving, (Gasoline-Burning Engines)!!!    Then the question becomes: what it’s like to drive two cars very close to 800 H.P. each??    Jonny’s answer: more “Fun” than you’re imagining, “I Promise”!!!     :banvictory:        Hope you Car nuts, Motor Heads, and Gear heads enjoyed the Post, I know, I did!!!      :thumbsup:                            Later Guys!                   “GOOSE”     :peelout:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey all my fellow car guys and (Motor Heads)!  I was reading my latest Motor Trend, May,019 and in it there was some cool and very descriptive reminders of just what the future generation of car nuts (Aren’t going to have), but we were all very lucky to experience these “Awesome” times in the Automotive history!   We car freaks are either living in or just about to enter the end times as far as internal combustion engines are concerned.  The (Automotive World) is going “Electric”!   You can’t stop progress!  You can, however, toss two fourth -quarter Hail Marys to illustrate just how good our kids( ain’t gonna have it) !!    Jonny Lieberman’s words, not mine, just to clarify!  This was a article he was doing on a comparison test (Head to Head) on Dodge Hellcat Redeye 797 H.P. against the Ferrari 812 Superfast 789 H.P.!!   He later said the Ferrari stomps the  Redeye like a elephant squishes an ant!!  ($$$$$)!!!!     Both these machines are a celebration of what we’ll miss most when they’re gone, Big,Loud,Screaming,Thumping,Grin-inducing, Pupil-dilating, Chest-compressing,Mother-loving, (Gasoline-Burning Engines)!!!    Then the question becomes: what it’s like to drive two cars very close to 800 H.P. each??    Jonny’s answer: more “Fun” than you’re imagining, “I Promise”!!!     :banvictory:        Hope you Car nuts, Motor Heads, and Gear heads enjoyed the Post, I know, I did!!!      :thumbsup:                            Later Guys!                   “GOOSE”     :peelout:

I agree Goose it's going to end this HP war will die...now it may continue electric wise but you're right the gas burner is going to end...BUT what a beautiful

time to be a car guy...I remember the first HP war but was to young and poor to have one and NEVER did I think during to late 70's and well into the

80's would I see 800hp street cars and cars that you can drive across the country with while having this much HP....:peelout:

• Like 1

Hey Mongoose...... it’s been said that the Ferrari 812 looks kind of like a C7 . Kind of.

Of course the vette looks better :party:

30EE7E71-00F0-4819-9FC0-7196A34469BC.jpeg

C3CC633A-5747-4D0F-AD25-BC3F52AB7CA8.jpeg

DF99CC16-5DF8-4845-B8C1-EE83610A54B5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I agree Goose it's going to end this HP war will die...now it may continue electric wise but you're right the gas burner is going to end...BUT what a beautiful

time to be a car guy...I remember the first HP war but was to young and poor to have one and NEVER did I think during to late 70's and well into the

80's would I see 800hp street cars and cars that you can drive across the country with while having this much HP....:peelout:

Hey Keefer, enjoy it while it lasts!   The “Electric’ cars are very fast, but the sound isn’t cool and I’m sure it doesn’t feel the same either!  J.M.O.     I think some of us are going to miss the “Good Old Days”!!!    :thumbsup:                                 Later Bud!               “GOOSE”     :peelout:

What a cynical way of looking at things, Goose, shame on you! :club:

What I think you're really saying is that things will change to be different than the way YOU remember them, not actual reality! Of course the kids will have just as much fun or even more fun not having to buy gas and even putting the smackdown on some jalopy dinosaur fuel cars! It's happening now! See?