mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

6 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I know you're a straight shooter brother Goose and I appreciate that in you...…...Can't be for sure but it does look like the car Blake posted

it was like this one a purpose built track car...……..:peelout: I could be wrong though but the concept was like that for sure.

Keefer, what do you think of the “ANGRY BEE” Challenger Scat Pack Edition??   I think it’s kind of cool, and usually the Scat Packs have a cool hood and it seems like there not priced that bad for the performance you get!    Also, I saw a ad were they were taking deposits on the new C8s!    As far as the new GT500, do you know by now what the pricing is on them, or a pretty good guess??        Just wondering buddy!   :thumbsup:                  Later!     “GOOSE”         :peelout:

On 5/8/2019 at 7:37 PM, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, or should I call you “LUCKY DOG”!   Living the (Life of Riley)!  LOL     :thumbsup: Cool pics!       Yes, your wife is your most important partner in life, and you owe her a apology!     A while back you stated that all she did while you were driving the Slo-Mobile was sleep in the passenger’s seat, and now you say she does do some driving, so what is it????      Truth or Fiction, you only have one answer and you can’t plead the 5th!!   Your caught red-handed buddy!!  LOL   :hysterical2:       P.S. Hope you and Bonnie and Bailey have a very good VA-CAY!         Enjoyyyy!                     Later Bud!                “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Mongoose you are correct......But we bought a class C motorhome last month . She is able  to drive a C. But she could not drive the class A we had. After 20 years we decided to down size to a smaller easier to drive motorhome. See below.  It’s 32 ‘ vs 34’.......14,000 lbs VS. 18,000 lbs. same V/10 engine , but the cab is much smaller and easier to maneuver on the highway  Much easier to gauge your lane on the interstates . Believe me on a 6 hour trip it’s nice to get a 1 hour break from driving. All the same amenities inside and out. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose you are correct......But we bought a class C motorhome last month . She is able  to drive a C. But she could not drive the class A we had. After 20 years we decided to down size to a smaller easier to drive motorhome. See below.  It’s 32 ‘ vs 34’.......14,000 lbs VS. 18,000 lbs. same V/10 engine , but the cab is much smaller and easier to maneuver on the highway  Much easier to gauge your lane on the interstates . Believe me on a 6 hour trip it’s nice to get a 1 hour break from driving. All the same amenities inside and out. 

E4BCADB0-6F21-4274-9BB6-D1785CD61CAB.jpeg

3E4C28DB-EB30-4816-B5C9-11D9DBDF3EF0.jpeg

Well Riley, do you miss the old one??    I’ll bet you get a little better mileage with this one.   It looks like the sleeping quarters are above the cab on your new one and your also sitting farther back from the front when your driving!   Being a little lighter it must be more peppy in it’s acceleration!   It’s nice your wife can give you a break once in a while because other-wise it can become tedious driving that long!   My legs would get pretty stiff without a break driving that far.     Okay, so now give me the scoop between the pros and cons between the two motor homes and which one you really like the best!!    LOL     :hysterical2:       P.S.  Did you see that Shelby came out with a 1/18th diecast of the proto-type 1965 Shelby GT   w/ the Paxton Supercharger, and a kit containing a special book and a signature by one of the original guys that were building them in 65 and 66. 

There is only going to be 96 for sale, and the first one sold ,#1  for $500. Shelby is offering them to us members first before they go public! There numbered and certified, but I guess there’s a few little items that aren’t totally correct on them and it slipped through that way!  Still, with that few made and numbered and certified, and also the signature of one of the original Shelby crew that worked on them, it’s kind of a no-brainer for a collector!   J.M.O.      The original Shelby crew member was the project manager for the 65 to 66 Shelby GT 350: “Chuck Cantrell” and a commemorative book comes with it too!   You just might want to check this collectable 1/18th diecast Shelby GT 350 out!  :thumbsup:

You and Bonnie and Bailey have a “Great Vacation” and enjoy the views!         P.S. Don’t eat to much seafood because you just might sprout gills!!    LOL :lol:      Later Bud!  “GOOSE":peelout:

Edited by Mongoose
adding some text

It's Chuck Cantwell......not Chuck Cantrell..........

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Keefer, what do you think of the “ANGRY BEE” Challenger Scat Pack Edition??   I think it’s kind of cool, and usually the Scat Packs have a cool hood and it seems like there not priced that bad for the performance you get!    Also, I saw a ad were they were taking deposits on the new C8s!    As far as the new GT500, do you know by now what the pricing is on them, or a pretty good guess??        Just wondering buddy!   :thumbsup:                  Later!     “GOOSE”         :peelout:

I like all the Challengers Goose...just love that shaker hood scoop on some that look retro from back in the day....Don't have any idea what

the 2020 GT500 will be price wise but I do know my local dealer ( I Know the owner personally ) told me without doubt I'd get it without ADM

like I did for my 03 Mach.. 04 SVT Cobra..and 07 GT500 first one to come to this Province by the way......However there are some on here think they

know it all that I'll never get one with no ADM..gotta laugh with those guys....:confused: …….The owner Carl MacDonald and I go way back to when we hung out

as teens so when I say I know the guy I do...…….If I chose the 2020 GT500 I WILL get it MSRP...…...:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Nice ride Mach...…….:thumbsup:

Mongoose ....yes the C has better pickup. Since it sits about 22” lower the center of gravity is lower so less sway on the highway curves. The grandkids sleep over the cab. The A didn’t have the cool bunk the kids love .  I’ll let you know how Bonnie likes driving her later. Plus it does have daul air bags the other one had none. 

Got to check out those GT350 diecast. I have seen these on ebay recently but no signatures or Shelby stuff. But at this point I’m selling much more then buying. $500 are you kidding me  !

Edit..........bought one for $149 + shipping 1:18 all my others are 1:24 it looks pretty detailed for the money . Plus I owned a 1966 but can’t afford another so this will do  ...thanks for the heads up Mongoose ......:rockon:

Acme makes these 578 total and without the Shelby provenance goes for $134 make offer . But I’d rather have the Shelby cool stuff. Got to support the team  

Later slo lane and just a tad faster .:shift:

6BDFAFE2-63CB-4CCB-8875-11C7992854E2.jpeg

67BAE7C5-40DC-40D5-84D2-F3A720BA2B07.jpeg

7393B162-0D06-4FCF-82F2-A769812C81E7.jpeg

2F74EF42-918E-4053-8321-C5579CE4DF2D.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

This is a good comparison between the C7 and C8. Maybe it sits a tad lower and the C7 sits pretty low as is 

1C367D74-C96B-4E16-AA95-A88FF3098CF4.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Mongoose..:busted:....one more surprise... I also got rid of the jag awhile back. Momentum cars ( same dealer I bought the jag from ) traded me into a 17 C7  Z51 2lt with 8000 miles and MANUAL trans. . They just switched cars and gave me $11K back $75 fee . The F Type still has a lot more depriciation in it then I was willing to take over the next year or two . Those foreign sportscars like the Mercedes, Jaguars  and Aston Martins sure suffer from hugh depreciation numbers . I’ve watched KBB and even after 3 years they still drop at a alarming pace. I was hoping they might slow down . But Brexit might have a bigger impact on the British sportscar market next year. Not worth the gamble ..

So now you see the 2 new additions . The last picture is the MH all tucked away out of sight for the neighbors  

EBA37499-E4FC-40A1-A2BA-4B7862F5E22D.jpeg

6A738FCE-B2DB-4152-86A1-EAE1876BA764.jpeg

E4A2D43F-AB94-4D58-8B30-77AC8EABFD3E.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

42 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

This is a good comparison between the C7 and C8. Maybe it sits a tad lower and the C7 sits pretty low as is IMO  

Mongoose.....one more surprise... I also got rid of the jag awhile back. Momentum cars traded me into a 17 C7  Z51 2lt with 8000 miles. They just switched cars and gave me $11K back $75 fee . The F Type still has a lot more depriciation in it then I was willing to take over the next year or two . Those foreign sportscars like the Mercedes, Jaguars  and Aston Martins sure suffer from hugh depreciation numbers . I’ve watched KBB and even after 3 years they still drop at a alarming pace. I was hoping they might slow down . But Brexit might have a bigger impact next year on the British sportscar market next year. Not worth the gamble .. . 

1C367D74-C96B-4E16-AA95-A88FF3098CF4.jpeg

Does seem to sit a bit low and the C7 is low as it is.

15 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here you go Mongoose...even black wheels with red stripes to counter the all black rims. Last picture the MH is all tucked away and can’t even see it from the street.

EBA37499-E4FC-40A1-A2BA-4B7862F5E22D.jpeg

6A738FCE-B2DB-4152-86A1-EAE1876BA764.jpeg

E4A2D43F-AB94-4D58-8B30-77AC8EABFD3E.jpeg

Congrats Mach....now paint those wheels silver...brush or roller will do...…..:hysterical:

3 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Congrats Mach....now paint those wheels silver...brush or roller will do...…..:hysterical:

Okey dokey........:hysterical2:  But it is a manual does that help a little.....:surrender:

Edited by mach 1 1970

14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Both are very nice.  My wife wants a motorhome so we can go across the country and hit all the national parks.  Sounds like fun at first until I realized how much driving I would be doing (all of it) and that is a small space for 4 people.  I might rent one though and see how a 1 week trip goes.

3 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

Both are very nice.  My wife wants a motorhome so we can go across the country and hit all the national parks.  Sounds like fun at first until I realized how much driving I would be doing (all of it) and that is a small space for 4 people.  I might rent one though and see how a 1 week trip goes.

Yes rent first and see how it goes would be my advice. We got hooked when my wife’s father let us use his a long time ago like 1977 . They have completely changed ever since then. For the good and the manufacturer has gotten better at quality control. 

15 hours ago, Secondo said:

1zdrmf8.jpg

Sean - No shit man.... Unfortunately with ignore options you can still see someone's post when another person quotes them.  So here it is:

Mongoose - Wow.  I can't believe you are still attacking and making negative comments about me because I ignored you.  "Small man behind the computer syndrome" at it's finest.  Your problem is you think your opinion is above the opinions of others...  About everything.  You are all to eager to cast stones, call people names, be degrading, etc. yet the first opinion or comment that doesn't match yours and you are offended.  Your like a heckler at a stand up comic show giving the comedian shit because he said something controversial, but funny as hell and you're the only person not laughing and must make your opinion known.  It sucks being around anyone like that.  It reminds me of the term "energy vampires" as they suck the energy right out of a room.  I am a very open minded individual with a very long fuse, but I don't tolerate bullshit.... ever.  And you Sir have dealt more than your share.  At the end of the day, I don't give a rats ass what your opinion is of me and frankly no one else cares either.  Why you persist in making your thoughts known after the other party ignores you is simply a sign that your are nothing more than a forum troll trying to goad people into an internet argument for your own pleasure so you can have something to do everyday.  Its sad really.... Good people have quit this forum and/or been offended by you.  I do not have the time or desire to engage with you and placate your ongoing senseless banter. 

I've given this some thought and there is a time for everything to end.  So its official:  I'm done with Team Shelby all together.  Good day to you all and best of luck in the future.

Blake - VIPERNC OUT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viper N.C. not sure what is going on.  Are you leaving TS ?  Hope not. 

Hey Mongoose....thanks a lot those Shelby GT 350 just sold out this AM. I got in under the wire I guess. Thanks buddy. .:rockon:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ViperNC said:

Sean - No shit man.... Unfortunately with ignore options you can still see someone's post when another person quotes them.  So here it is:

Mongoose - Wow.  I can't believe you are still attacking and making negative comments about me because I ignored you.  "Small man behind the computer syndrome" at it's finest.  Your problem is you think your opinion is above the opinions of others...  About everything.  You are all to eager to cast stones, call people names, be degrading, etc. yet the first opinion or comment that doesn't match yours and you are offended.  Your like a heckler at a stand up comic show giving the comedian shit because he said something controversial, but funny as hell and you're the only person not laughing and must make your opinion known.  It sucks being around anyone like that.  It reminds me of the term "energy vampires" as they suck the energy right out of a room.  I am a very open minded individual with a very long fuse, but I don't tolerate bullshit.... ever.  And you Sir have dealt more than your share.  At the end of the day, I don't give a rats ass what your opinion is of me and frankly no one else cares either.  Why you persist in making your thoughts known after the other party ignores you is simply a sign that your are nothing more than a forum troll trying to goad people into an internet argument for your own pleasure so you can have something to do everyday.  Its sad really.... Good people have quit this forum and/or been offended by you.  I do not have the time or desire to engage with you and placate your ongoing senseless banter. 

I've given this some thought and there is a time for everything to end.  So its official:  I'm done with Team Shelby all together.  Good day to you all and best of luck in the future.

Blake - VIPERNC OUT!

+1 million,  and don't leave TS, best post I have seen on TS in a long time,  and it was long over due that somebody called out the real troll on TS. 

Edited by mhr1961

First a big thanks to Tim we all appreciate your dedication to team Shelby. Like I’ve said many times I’m from a Ford family. My dad worked for Ford and my parents put 4 kids though college thanks to Ford employing my dad. 

Yes we are back in business. So let’s start things off with new picture of the C8 mule. Never seen before hood scoop. ......What yah think ? Love or hate  .:headscratch:

CBDCCAD1-16F5-4929-B3DA-522CFAEADAD7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, Mongoose said:

Mongoose the 2017 dodge Daytona 392 is pretty cool machine if someone needs a family type 4 door sedan . 495hp I think. Never drove one but they look pretty menacing in black. 

But to be honest I’m more a coupe fanatic. That’s why the 2020 Shelby GT500 might be the best yet. Just wish Ford could control the dealer mark ups.

Hey Keith any news on pricing yet ? I know you said your dealer would sell at MSRP. 

• Thanks 1

This ignore feature sure is nice and handy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tesgt350 said:

:whistling:    Everyone thought that Mule in Camo was the C8 Mid Engine Vette...………….

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/26a455ea-23e2-3082-9622-cfe8b8110fa3/mclaren-gt-revealed-—-a.html

:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

First a big thanks to Tim we all appreciate your dedication to team Shelby. Like I’ve said many times I’m from a Ford family. My dad worked for Ford and my parents put 4 kids though college thanks to Ford employing my dad. 

Yes we are back in business. So let’s start things off with new picture of the C8 mule. Never seen before hood scoop. ......What yah think ? Love or hate  .:headscratch:

CBDCCAD1-16F5-4929-B3DA-522CFAEADAD7.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, welcome back!!!     +1 Thank you Tim!!!   It’s hard for me to give my opinion on the scoop until I can get alot better look at it , but I thing a scoop can be cool and especially if it’s functional too!  J.M.O.     Later bud!            “GOOSE”    :peelout:

Mongoose the 2017 dodge Daytona 392 is pretty cool machine if someone needs a family type 4 door sedan . 495hp I think. Never drove one but they look pretty menacing in black. 

But to be honest I’m more a coupe fanatic. That’s why the 2020 Shelby GT500 might be the best yet. Just wish Ford could control the dealer mark ups.

Hey Keith any news on pricing yet ? I know you said your dealer would sell at MSRP. 

:thumbsup:  +1

Under the hood of the 2020 Shelby GT500. Cool information check it out below ...click it 

No more prop rod for one ......:dance:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1905-under-the-hood-2020-shelby-gt500-discovered-few-new-details

10773671-3FC7-4602-85F2-E75BB107A3C7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Motortrend renderings 

D645D594-0F17-4A25-89C1-34AE4EFE3032.jpeg

E286E776-9666-4576-A5A0-B99330B34D72.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Under the hood of the 2020 Shelby GT500. Cool information check it out below ...click it 

No more prop rod for one ......:dance:

http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/1905-under-the-hood-2020-shelby-gt500-discovered-few-new-details

10773671-3FC7-4602-85F2-E75BB107A3C7.jpeg

Welcome back Mach!!….:thumbsup: …..yeah saw this on youtube some days back it's the best view of the engine shown yet and some pretty interesting other

things about the GT500 on that vid.....although he seemed pretty excited about the fact there was no more prop rod....:hysterical:

• Like 1