mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

3 hours ago, Kathi said:

I have a 1988 Selby car that you guys have been looking for for the last 4 years set in in my yard right now it was covered up for the last 29 years   The car does run.

Kathi Hastings

1 - 815-909-0527

20190521_072550.jpg

I don't remember anyone here ever saying they were looking for an 88 Selby........but I could be wrong! :hysterical:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer,  I love the wide-body look on the Super Snake, but I’m not a big “Vert” fan or black wheels, J.M.O.!     For that kind of “JACK”  I would be seriously looking at something a little more exotic, but I won’t feel good spending that much on a new “TOY”!!!   LOL   :thumbsup:          Later bud!                “GOOSE”   :peelout:

I agree not a vert fan myself but It's not a Vert Goose...…….:shrug: …..Still way to much coin either way....:spend:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tekheavy said:

I don't remember anyone here ever saying they were looking for an 88 Selby........but I could be wrong! :hysterical:

Nope no one as far as I know Tek….. and if it's been sitting in the grass for 29 years the underside is rotted out...….:rip:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I agree not a vert fan myself but It's not a Vert Goose...…….:shrug: …..Still way to much coin either way....:spend:

Hey Keefer, my mistake, I must have forgot to wear my reading glasses again!!!  LOL    :hysterical2:                         :peelout:"GOOSE"

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Nope no one as far as I know Tek….. and if it's been sitting in the grass for 29 years the underside is rotted out...….:rip:

+1    :thumbsup:

Hey guys!   I stopped at the local A & W  Wednesday Car Show and took some cool pics for all you guys or gals to enjoy!    There was one car that really stood out of the crowd for me, it was this really cool “Modded” 67 / 68 Mercury Cougar!    It looked like the guy who built it didn’t spare any expense in the process.  Very cool and nicely done all the way around!  It really looks like it would be a super cool track car!   It had a Roll Bar, custom harnesses, mounted camera between the seats for recording, custom dash with all the extra gauges installed, had a fuel cell and the battery in the trunk.    It also had a very cool Mustang Cobra Series Engine under the hood which really looked cool in the engine bay.    The car also had thick Billet Aluminum custom made hood hinges, Monte Carlo brace bar, custom tightening braces to tie it all in, and lots of other cool things to numerous to mention.   I didn’t get to meet or talk to the owner, but I would of told him he did a awesome job on building it and it looked really cool to me!   I would of loved to drive it, really looked like it would be a real blast to take it for a spin!!!   LOL  :drool:    I would kind of liked to “Mod” our 87 Mercury Cougar 20th Anniversary because it’s got a 5.O Engine, handling pkg., quad shocks, and larger factory equipped sway bars!  It was originally bought new for my wife and she doesn’t want me to change anything on it!  I guess I can’t blame her because it is a very rare cool looking model with only 5,000. in the U.S. and 200 went to Canada!    It’s time to make more room and something has to go, so I guess it’s going to be the Cougar that we babied for 32 years!!!!   :drop:      P.S. You can’t keep everything!!!    :shrug:        Okay, enough talk, and on to the pics!     Hope you all “ENJOY”!!         There’s 3 pics of that really cool Cougar,  and the last pic is of my 87, 20th Anniversary Cougar!!!   Later guys!   “MONGOOSE”      :peelout: 

IMG_1173__1558577146_34588.jpg

IMG_1169__1558576792_86592.jpg

IMG_1166__1558577015_95547.jpg

IMG_1163__1558577066_70835.jpg

IMG_1154__1558576862_61837.jpg

IMG_1153__1558576952_41273.jpg

IMG_1152__1558577255_86835.jpg

IMG_1151__1558583342_27331.jpg

IMG_0909__1558583465_36781.jpg

Noce photos.  Cool '67 mod cat.  Thanks for sharing.  Oh, yah, don't mess with the wife's car.  It looks fantastic.😎

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys!   I stopped at the local A & W  Wednesday Car Show and took some cool pics for all you guys or gals to enjoy!    There was one car that really stood out of the crowd for me, it was this really cool “Modded” 67 / 68 Mercury Cougar!    It looked like the guy who built it didn’t spare any expense in the process.  Very cool and nicely done all the way around!  It really looks like it would be a super cool track car!   It had a Roll Bar, custom harnesses, mounted camera between the seats for recording, custom dash with all the extra gauges installed, had a fuel cell and the battery in the trunk.    It also had a very cool Mustang Cobra Series Engine under the hood which really looked cool in the engine bay.    The car also had thick Billet Aluminum custom made hood hinges, Monte Carlo brace bar, custom tightening braces to tie it all in, and lots of other cool things to numerous to mention.   I didn’t get to meet or talk to the owner, but I would of told him he did a awesome job on building it and it looked really cool to me!   I would of loved to drive it, really looked like it would be a real blast to take it for a spin!!!   LOL  :drool:    I would kind of liked to “Mod” our 87 Mercury Cougar 20th Anniversary because it’s got a 5.O Engine, handling pkg., quad shocks, and larger factory equipped sway bars!  It was originally bought new for my wife and she doesn’t want me to change anything on it!  I guess I can’t blame her because it is a very rare cool looking model with only 5,000. in the U.S. and 200 went to Canada!    It’s time to make more room and something has to go, so I guess it’s going to be the Cougar that we babied for 32 years!!!!   :drop:      P.S. You can’t keep everything!!!    :shrug:        Okay, enough talk, and on to the pics!     Hope you all “ENJOY”!!         There’s 3 pics of that really cool Cougar,  and the last pic is of my 87, 20th Anniversary Cougar!!!   Later guys!   “MONGOOSE”      :peelout: 

IMG_1173__1558577146_34588.jpg

IMG_1169__1558576792_86592.jpg

IMG_1166__1558577015_95547.jpg

IMG_1163__1558577066_70835.jpg

IMG_1154__1558576862_61837.jpg

IMG_1153__1558576952_41273.jpg

IMG_1152__1558577255_86835.jpg

IMG_1151__1558583342_27331.jpg

IMG_0909__1558583465_36781.jpg

Some awesome cars there Goose!!...love those 67-69 Cougars and with that 4.6 liter Cobra engine the engine bay looks wild....Wow Goose 32

years to own and take care of a car it will be tough to get rid of that rare bird bud!!…...:(

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mongoose for the pictures.  I also like the cougers especially the cobra version and the mods. 32 years wow so what is the replacement vehicle ?.......:headscratch:

Yenkos are always a head turner in my book. Looks like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods. Did you get a A&W float for your wife ?  I remember those as a teenager while cruising the local A &W back in the 60’s. 

• Thanks 1

Red .......:dance:...just for you Keith. 

6C765666-ABCA-40D9-9849-2383B790439C.jpeg

76F88649-CDB3-4909-ABFE-82F698543607.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Noce photos.  Cool '67 mod cat.  Thanks for sharing.  Oh, yah, don't mess with the wife's car.  It looks fantastic.😎

Thanks Bud!        :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Some awesome cars there Goose!!...love those 67-69 Cougars and with that 4.6 liter Cobra engine the engine bay looks wild....Wow Goose 32

years to own and take care of a car it will be tough to get rid of that rare bird bud!!…...:(

Hey Keefer, thanks bud!    Yes, your right it will be tough to get rid of the rare “CAT”!!!   The “Bird” is gone, the “CAT” ate it!!!!    LOL    :hysterical2:       Later Bud!    “GOOSE”   :peelout:

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Red .......:dance:...just for you Keith. 

6C765666-ABCA-40D9-9849-2383B790439C.jpeg

76F88649-CDB3-4909-ABFE-82F698543607.jpeg

Thank you Sir!!…...:dance:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, thanks bud!    Yes, your right it will be tough to get rid of the rare “CAT”!!!   The “Bird” is gone, the “CAT” ate it!!!!    LOL    :hysterical2:       Later Bud!    “GOOSE”   :peelout:

That's right!!!!….It's a Cat not a Bird!!!..:doh:....oh boy am I bleeped up...……...:hysterical:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Mongoose for the pictures.  I also like the cougers especially the cobra version and the mods. 32 years wow so what is the replacement vehicle ?.......:headscratch:

Yenkos are always a head turner in my book. Looks like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods. Did you get a A&W float for your wife ?  I remember those as a teenager while cruising the local A &W back in the 60’s. 

Hey Slo Lane, it’s kind of funny that you mentioned the A & W float for my wife because she hates the taste of them with the root beer and ice cream together!  She really doesn’t like the Root Beer!  I do remember enjoying them as a kid growing up.   Years back there used to be a A &W called Barney’s, and when the Green Bay Packers would win, you could get like 10 hamburgers for $5.00!!  :thumbsup:       The Yenko cars are always nice to see, and there pretty rare!          Later bud!      “GOOSE”     :peelout:

5 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Thank you Sir!!…...:dance:

Hey you two “Jokers”, I’m a big “Red” fan too!!!  LOL   :hysterical2:                      :peelout:

9 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

That's right!!!!….It's a Cat not a Bird!!!..:doh:....oh boy am I bleeped up...……...:hysterical:

:hysterical2:      :thumbsup:

Just for you Mongoose ......:busted:........:hysterical2:

Rootbeer and ice cream really doesn’t sound that good now that you think about it  ......:doh:

139872AC-1706-4E94-8F2C-48029387F371.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Just for you Mongoose ......:busted:........:hysterical2:

139872AC-1706-4E94-8F2C-48029387F371.jpeg

Thanks Bud!!,   I was feeling left out, I love “RED”!!  :drool:   LOL    :hysterical2:            Later!           :peelout:

Hey all you guys, check out the (Barn Find) video after 42 years of being stored!   !968 GT 500 Shelby, White / blue, and no.# 388, bought originally from Koon’s Ford!   The video is almost 20 minutes long and it’s pretty interesting to watch!!!    :thumbsup:       (Check out the barn find post)!      Later guys!         “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Last day on the Gulf of Mexico.  Little bailey is glad to get home. ....:dogwalk:

Mongoose I cool video but too long to watch today  .....maybe on a rainy day  

D851C82E-926F-4D76-9101-0517FB0B3B2E.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey all you guys, check out the (Barn Find) video after 42 years of being stored!   !968 GT 500 Shelby, White / blue, and no.# 388, bought originally from Koon’s Ford!   The video is almost 20 minutes long and it’s pretty interesting to watch!!!    :thumbsup:       (Check out the barn find post)!      Later guys!         “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Goose where's the vid ?...…….:headscratch:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Last day on the Gulf of Mexico.  Little bailey is glad to get home. ....:dogwalk:

Nice pic Mach....:thumbsup: …..but there's those hooves again!!!!………..:hysterical:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Nice pic Mach....:thumbsup: …..but there's those hooves again!!!!………..:hysterical:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Hey Keefer, maybe we should start calling him, “Mr. Sneakers”!!!    :hysterical2:                                 Later Bud!               :peelout:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Okay “Mr. Sneakers”, watch the video at your leisure and enjoy the rest of your vacation time.    Beautiful place to relax, but poor Bailey really looks bored!  :drop:

Later Bud!                                               “GOOSE”        :peelout:

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Goose where's the vid ?...…….:headscratch:

Hey Keefer, sorry about that!  It’s on the Shelby Forum, and it was put on there about 10 hours ago by Cobra 2549!!    :thumbsup:    As the guys down south would say; it’s a good old car!!!     :banvictory:                          Hope you enjoy the video!           Later Bud!                 “GOOSE”    :peelout:

8 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, sorry about that!  It’s on the Shelby Forum, and it was put on there about 10 hours ago by Cobra 2549!!    :thumbsup:    As the guys down south would say; it’s a good old car!!!     :banvictory:                          Hope you enjoy the video!           Later Bud!                 “GOOSE”    :peelout:

Thanks Goose!!!...…..:thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks Goose!!!...…..:thumbsup:

Your welcome bud!          :peelout:     

Hey guys, guess what?    Here’s an interesting video from “FORD”!!   Check out WHO might becoming to your door soon!    

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/watch-fords-two-legged-robot-110000967.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=ma.      

Later!             “MONGOOSE”      :peelout:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, guess what?    Here’s an interesting video from “FORD”!!   Check out WHO might becoming to your door soon!    

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/watch-fords-two-legged-robot-110000967.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=ma.      

Later!             “MONGOOSE”      :peelout:

Won't be seeing no robots in this area anytime soon Goose...maybe by the year 3000...……..:hysterical:

• Haha 1