mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys!  Like you said Keefer, the car has got to turn (My Crank) for me to like it!    Hey guys, I got a funny one for ya!   My brother-in-law is a very big fan of the 55 thru 67 Chevys. He once bought a super nice 57 Chev, Competition Orange , 348 w/ 3x2 carbs, 4spd,.  The day he picked it up and was cruising with it, he told me laughing that he got a “Woody” while he was driving it because he was so excited it was his!   Now you have to admit, that’s funny as hell in my book!   :hysterical2:    Hope you all had a good laugh!  :thumbsup:

I know a guy who has a Ford Woodie ....not funny huh ?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:hysterical:

13 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Good morning Mongoose ..:reading: 

That’s  one hell of a good read buddy......thanks for staying up late. It really doesn’t matter what other people think or don’t think. I made my decision to get one and it’s just that simple. Every new Corvette has had people with doubts and not wanting change. It’s the same old song with a boring melody .......:whistling:

One thing I did notice with all those people looking at the C8. Boy is this nation ever overweight. The corvette engineers do all things possible to reduce weight in the C8. Then along comes *******  and adds  320lbs of weight to the car. Geez.........:rant2:

75268745-B8B6-4607-BFDB-4B6D79CF07E7.jpeg

If you have a picture of 5 or 6 fat women standing at a donut shop display counter staring at donuts, a logical conclusion would be that fat women seem to really like donuts, it would not mean that Americans have a weight problem, therefor if observing a picture of 5 or 6 fat dudes staring at a Corvette…. a more logical conclusion would be that fat dudes really seem to like Corvettes, and it would not mean that  Americans have a weight problem………..

10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Goose how exactly was he DRIVING his car that caused that?????...…………..:whistling:

:shrug:       :hysterical2:

On 8/23/2019 at 9:01 AM, svtkeith said:

Yup heard the same here the price will go up next year....I called 6 GM dealers from here to Toronto and every single one have their allotments

sold out....AND some said it wouldn't sell well!!….:confused: …...heck some fools said it didn't even exist that it was a ghost...…...:hysterical:

:banghead:

On 8/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, svtkeith said:

Still to dark for me!!….SILVER looks awesome on that car....yes agreed to much tan and yes looks like dirt with the perforation holes...I saw

a picture on one with black and tan int and it looked awesome...it was about 75% black and 25% tan.

:thumbsup:+1

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ahhhh,no!     :drop:

Hey guys, just got another new car magazine, and guess what’s on the cover?   Yup, you guessed right!   A picture of a Red C8 looking in thru the window just above the engine compartment.  It’ the September,2019 edition of Car and Driver.  This mag covers quite a bit of some very cool info on the building, design and structure of the C8 and how it all came about.   The mag has around ten pages devoted to the new C8, it dives heavily into the building structure and body and engine and history, and in my opinion it’s a pretty good read and also very informative and detailed!   For all you lucky guys that might be getting a new C8 it would be a good mag to pick -up!  :thumbsup:  J.M.O.

Later guys!                         Mongoose        :peelout:

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, just got another new car magazine, and guess what’s on the cover?   Yup, you guessed right!   A picture of a Red C8 looking in thru the window just above the engine compartment.  It’ the September,2019 edition of Car and Driver.  This mag covers quite a bit of some very cool info on the building, design and structure of the C8 and how it all came about.   The mag has around ten pages devoted to the new C8, it dives heavily into the building structure and body and engine and history, and in my opinion it’s a pretty good read and also very informative and detailed!   For all you lucky guys that might be getting a new C8 it would be a good mag to pick -up!  :thumbsup:  J.M.O.

Later guys!                         Mongoose        :peelout:

Gotta go to town tomorrow I'll pick one up...thanks Goose!!…….:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hey Mongoose ever since the C8 was in the works. My wife got me subscriptions to these magazines. 

267DF595-14AD-4B33-8D7D-087FEEF8C895.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

56 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

See the GT350R parked next to the new C8..

Edit :   Those seats do not show wear ...it’s the perforated seats that make it look that way. Would not order those optional  GT2 seats for that reason . Except black of course. 

RED. Exterior All the way with black seats. GT1 seats. 2LT with Z51.package  

thanks for the cool video Keith. ....:rockon:

304EFC0A-E3A3-4D41-A1B2-A5A3ED0F5A2B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Edit :   Those seats do not show wear ...it’s the perforated seats that make it look that way. Would not order those optional  GT2 seats for that reason . Except black of course. 

RED. Exterior All the way with black seats. GT1 seats. 2LT with Z51.package  

thanks for the cool video Keith. ....:rockon:

304EFC0A-E3A3-4D41-A1B2-A5A3ED0F5A2B.jpeg

My pleasure Mach...exactly in black you wouldn't notice that but on tan and red it looks like the seat is dirty.

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Gotta go to town tomorrow I'll pick one up...thanks Goose!!…….:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:  Your welcome bud, anytime!                                      :peelout:

IMSA Is on now..... GTLM series ....about 1hour 20 minutes left in the race. VIR track. NBCSN Channel 

enjoy.

The grandkids are over and have not worn us out yet . They are working on it believe me .

So the race is on record. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

See the GT350R parked next to the new C8..

Hey Keefer, thanks for that cool video, both the cars are definitely cool!   As they say: “Bang for the Buck” goes to the new C8, it’s very hard not to come to that conclusion, unless you really hate it’s style!   Then it’s just your loss not ours!  J.M.O.       Hey Keefer, here’s just a heads-up for you that you just might find interesting!   Corvette C7 surplus, if you just prefer your Corvette engine in the front, we have some good news!   See here: bit.ly/aw-C7surplus,your welcome, bud!!    Good hunting, and catch ya later!

Goose      :peelout:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, thanks for that cool video, both the cars are definitely cool!   As they say: “Bang for the Buck” goes to the new C8, it’s very hard not to come to that conclusion, unless you really hate it’s style!   Then it’s just your loss not ours!  J.M.O.       Hey Keefer, here’s just a heads-up for you that you just might find interesting!   Corvette C7 surplus, if you just prefer your Corvette engine in the front, we have some good news!   See here: bit.ly/aw-C7surplus,your welcome, bud!!    Good hunting, and catch ya later!

Goose      :peelout:

Thanks very much for that link Goose....:thumbsup: ….Haggling on a C7 Z06 right now but the dealer wants to charge me $5300 for the chrome

wheels and I can keep the black ones...well duhhhhh!!!!!....I told him what do you want me to do with the wheels??...put them on my

Turbo SxS…:hysterical: ……...I told him I'd trade the black for the chrome as they're both options.....truth be told that C8 got me wondering

about waiting for the Z06 version of that...one of the reasons I drove that McLaren 540 in Vegas was to try the DCT and I must say it works

very good and it's quick shifting without doubt but still love my manuals...I also love the looks of the C7 but that C8 is down right gorgeous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks very much for that link Goose....:thumbsup: ….Haggling on a C7 Z06 right now but the dealer wants to charge me $5300 for the chrome

wheels and I can keep the black ones...well duhhhhh!!!!!....I told him what do you want me to do with the wheels??...put them on my

Turbo SxS…:hysterical: ……...I told him I'd trade the black for the chrome as they're both options.....truth be told that C8 got me wondering

about waiting for the Z06 version of that...one of the reasons I drove that McLaren 540 in Vegas was to try the DCT and I must say it works

very good and it's quick shifting without doubt but still love my manuals...I also love the looks of the C7 but that C8 is down right gorgeous.

Hey Keefer, I thought you might like that link, and your welcome!      If you go with a C7 get the ZO6 or the Grand Sport because both cars are suppose to be very good and more stable than the ZR1.  :thumbsup:    As far as the C08 goes, yes it one hell of a car for the price, and it’s super-car territory fast.  It’s the talk of the town all over the world, and it’s one of the most hottest Corvettes since Chevy put a V8 in the 1955 Corvette.     These cars are selling like hot cakes on a Sunday morning, and a lot of buyers of other brands are jumping ship to get the C8.   This also is probably good news for the buyers of the very capable and cool C7s.    If you’ve ever wanted a mid-engine modern sports car at a fantastic price this is the real deal!                 Later bud!                                                     :peelout:

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Holy crap!!….if this is fact 800hp 700tq the C8 Z06 is going to be one heck of a beast and something for any exotic to look out for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSsh9QJ3pZY

Very cool video Keefer, thanks bud!      I really think the C8 is a bargain when it comes down to all the models that will be available later.   O to 60 under 3 seconds is nothing to sneeze at, but it sure can be fun thinking about a faster version just for kicks!     :hysterical2:   Just give me a very good manual and I’ll be happy!    J.M.O.    :peelout:

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

IMSA Is on now..... GTLM series ....about 1hour 20 minutes left in the race. VIR track. NBCSN Channel 

enjoy.

The grandkids are over and have not worn us out yet . They are working on it believe me .

So the race is on record. 

Hang in there buddy!   What can be better than grandkids and IMSA racing at the same time!            :hysterical2:

Hey guys just the other day I received another new mag. in the mail.  And guess what one of the articles was about?   Yes, your right again, a new C8 Corvette, and yes it’s Red also.  This mag is the September 2019 Popular Mechanics, The first page head-line reads: From 7,000 Pounds of Aluminum to a Fake Pickup in GM’s Secret Garage to (Finally) the New Mid-Engine Corvette.  The author of this article about four and a half years had just gotten off a track in Nevada with a 650H.P.,ZO6 and the rear tires struggled to cope with a firestorm of torque from the massive V8 that was sitting up-front.   It was very obvious that the ZO6 needed more traction and also more weight on the rear wheels. He then told Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer, “I think to do any better than this, you need to go mid-engine.”   Tadge said ; “Yeah, that’s what everyone keeps telling me.”  Which really was not a denial of what they were up too!  Juechter had a good poker face, because back in Michigan, he and a team of engineers had been working on such a car since 2013. Disguised to look like a mutant Australian pickup truck, it was code-named Blackjack. Under it’s Holden bodywork, Blackjack was teaching GM how to build a whole new kind of Corvette. With the mid-engine  Corvette finally upon us, I asked GM whether they still had Blackjack and any other vehicles from the development pipeline, like snapshots or actual cars.  Because the mid-engine design is the biggest deal since the Corvette got a V8 in 1955, GM had the foresight to keep some development cars around.  They agreed to convene four of those cars and four key engineers in one room so we could retrace the path that led to the 2020 C8 Corvette.  Blackjack is the oddball!  Three of the Corvettes in the garage at GM’s Milford Proving Grounds look reasonably Corvette like, in as much as I can judge their appearance through various degrees of camouflage.  But Blackjack wears a pugnacious Holden front end grafted to a C7 cabin that leads to the suggestion of a pickup bed.  The bizarre aesthetic points to the first challenge for the team, which was keeping the damn thing a secret!  It was very hard to disguise a mid-engine car with it’s proportions so they decided to make it look like a ute.  Secrecy was paramount!  At GM’s Advanced Vehicle Integration facility in Warren, Michigan, the company built special room for the C8 with restricted swipe card access.”If you talk to people at GM, their memory of this car is that it’s the car nobody would let them see,” says Alex MacDonald, Corvette vehicle performance manager.  At this stage, all that mattered was the basic structure and suspension geometry, the foundation of the car. 

“If you look at the wing”, says Juechter, “It’s on upside down. That’s because aero-dynamics come into play on suspension development at relatively low speeds, and this front end had a ton of lift. So to get the pitch right, we inverted the wing to add lift to the rear. Blackjack’s interior is racecar-crude, it’s transmission is an adapted PDK from a Porsche. The foundation like structure and suspension was crucial, and determining everything that happened next. We knew we only had one chance to get this right,”says Juechter.  “Computer models get us in the ballpark, but we have to build hardware so we can learn.” Among the things they learned is that no supplier on the planet had the high-pressure die capacity to handle the big pieces of the C8’s front and rear structure.   For Blackjack, they milled those parts from solid aluminum-7000 pounds of metal to produce 400 pounds of components.  You can do this when your only building one car, but you also need to consider how you’re going to build thousands of cars.

Well that’s more than enough for now guys and gals, because I’ve got to go and get some (Shut-eye)!!!     :drop:     Very cool and informative article, hope you enjoyed it!  

Later!                                        Mongoose        :peelout:

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I thought you might like that link, and your welcome!      If you go with a C7 get the ZO6 or the Grand Sport because both cars are suppose to be very good and more stable than the ZR1.  :thumbsup:    As far as the C08 goes, yes it one hell of a car for the price, and it’s super-car territory fast.  It’s the talk of the town all over the world, and it’s one of the most hottest Corvettes since Chevy put a V8 in the 1955 Corvette.     These cars are selling like hot cakes on a Sunday morning, and a lot of buyers of other brands are jumping ship to get the C8.   This also is probably good news for the buyers of the very capable and cool C7s.    If you’ve ever wanted a mid-engine modern sports car at a fantastic price this is the real deal!                 Later bud!                                                     :peelout:

You nailed it buddy Goose!!…..:thumbsup: …...I wouldn't even consider the ZR1 because here in Canada they are going for $160k plus!!...No way Jose

would I pay that...….it's not that I don't like the car but wouldn't pay that for any car period!!….:nonono:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys just the other day I received another new mag. in the mail.  And guess what one of the articles was about?   Yes, your right again, a new C8 Corvette, and yes it’s Red also.  This mag is the September 2019 Popular Mechanics, The first page head-line reads: From 7,000 Pounds of Aluminum to a Fake Pickup in GM’s Secret Garage to (Finally) the New Mid-Engine Corvette.  The author of this article about four and a half years had just gotten off a track in Nevada with a 650H.P.,ZO6 and the rear tires struggled to cope with a firestorm of torque from the massive V8 that was sitting up-front.   It was very obvious that the ZO6 needed more traction and also more weight on the rear wheels. He then told Tadge Juechter, Corvette executive chief engineer, “I think to do any better than this, you need to go mid-engine.”   Tadge said ; “Yeah, that’s what everyone keeps telling me.”  Which really was not a denial of what they were up too!  Juechter had a good poker face, because back in Michigan, he and a team of engineers had been working on such a car since 2013. Disguised to look like a mutant Australian pickup truck, it was code-named Blackjack. Under it’s Holden bodywork, Blackjack was teaching GM how to build a whole new kind of Corvette. With the mid-engine  Corvette finally upon us, I asked GM whether they still had Blackjack and any other vehicles from the development pipeline, like snapshots or actual cars.  Because the mid-engine design is the biggest deal since the Corvette got a V8 in 1955, GM had the foresight to keep some development cars around.  They agreed to convene four of those cars and four key engineers in one room so we could retrace the path that led to the 2020 C8 Corvette.  Blackjack is the oddball!  Three of the Corvettes in the garage at GM’s Milford Proving Grounds look reasonably Corvette like, in as much as I can judge their appearance through various degrees of camouflage.  But Blackjack wears a pugnacious Holden front end grafted to a C7 cabin that leads to the suggestion of a pickup bed.  The bizarre aesthetic points to the first challenge for the team, which was keeping the damn thing a secret!  It was very hard to disguise a mid-engine car with it’s proportions so they decided to make it look like a ute.  Secrecy was paramount!  At GM’s Advanced Vehicle Integration facility in Warren, Michigan, the company built special room for the C8 with restricted swipe card access.”If you talk to people at GM, their memory of this car is that it’s the car nobody would let them see,” says Alex MacDonald, Corvette vehicle performance manager.  At this stage, all that mattered was the basic structure and suspension geometry, the foundation of the car. 

“If you look at the wing”, says Juechter, “It’s on upside down. That’s because aero-dynamics come into play on suspension development at relatively low speeds, and this front end had a ton of lift. So to get the pitch right, we inverted the wing to add lift to the rear. Blackjack’s interior is racecar-crude, it’s transmission is an adapted PDK from a Porsche. The foundation like structure and suspension was crucial, and determining everything that happened next. We knew we only had one chance to get this right,”says Juechter.  “Computer models get us in the ballpark, but we have to build hardware so we can learn.” Among the things they learned is that no supplier on the planet had the high-pressure die capacity to handle the big pieces of the C8’s front and rear structure.   For Blackjack, they milled those parts from solid aluminum-7000 pounds of metal to produce 400 pounds of components.  You can do this when your only building one car, but you also need to consider how you’re going to build thousands of cars.

Well that’s more than enough for now guys and gals, because I’ve got to go and get some (Shut-eye)!!!     :drop:     Very cool and informative article, hope you enjoyed it!  

Later!                                        Mongoose        :peelout:

Great read thanks for sharing this Goose...…:thumbsup: ……..wow as far back as 2013...…….:peelout:

• Thanks 1

Well so far it looks like 40 big and small Chevy dealers are selling the C8 at MSRP 

Looks  like 30 are asking ADMs. and some are not indicated either way. Interesting to say the least. 

• Thanks 1

Mongoose thanks for the read from popular mechanics. Been watching a ton of videos on the C8. Sure wish I could see this car in person. Those trident gray wheels are starting to look better then the  black wide spoke carbon flash wheels. 

See below. 

8B750B12-5F68-4909-BE3D-DE1387D67987.jpeg

2A91244E-9EC1-4C07-91F6-4DFAA7F7CBA3.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Ok here are some leaked performance #’s 

Pretty impressive in my book. 1/4 miles  times of  11.3 @ 121 mph  nice trap speed also.

8B11BA89-CA02-47DE-A7F9-4F00E33F975E.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok here are some leaked performance #’s 

Pretty impressive in my book. 1/4 miles  times of  11.3 @ 121 mph  nice trap speed also.

8B11BA89-CA02-47DE-A7F9-4F00E33F975E.jpeg

Damn right that's not bad #'s....and the 3366lbs is pretty light I thought it would be closer to 3500-3600lbs...if this is factual this car will outperform

many cars costing way more and to think this is the base model...…….:thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Just seen this on the interWebs (as BB would say)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-corvette-z06-flat-plane-crank-twin-turbo-v-8/?fbclid=IwAR3JZ2jh-7wPGesBR3S2aX9lX9MAi-RC5U3jfoPdqtmMgAQRxKwpPlSQ2VM

if it is on the interWeb, it has to be true   :hysterical2:

Interesting read thanks for sharing this Jimmer....I guess all will just have to wait and see...……:thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1