mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yes Sir Goose.... been out there also and you feel awful small during a storm at sea...I thank your Father for his service.....:salute:

Thanks alot Keefer!   Please say thanks to your family  and your uncles too, for their service in Canada’s Navy!  :salute:

9 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Be safe!!

:thumbsup:+1

On 9/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, svtkeith said:

All is well Goose thanks for asking bud....just lost a huge apple tree is all...….Yes Mach that's the one bud....:thumbsup:

Glad you are okay Keith, as thinking about you when I saw the news about the storm .  Not sure why they don`t dismantle cranes when they know high winds are coming, they so top heavy .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

Glad you are okay Keith, as thinking about you when I saw the news about the storm .  Not sure why they don`t dismantle cranes when they know high winds are coming, they so top heavy .

17 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Thanks alot Keefer!   Please say thanks to your family  and your uncles too, for their service in Canada’s Navy!  :salute:

Will do Goose thanks...they are all gone now God love them....One of my Uncles...Hubert was a paratrooper and served in the US Air Corps

and was one of thousands of American soldiers to parachute in Normandie on D Day...he survived but was shot twice once through the wrist

and once through his side and was saved by a French farmer and was hidden in their cellar till they were able to contact his unit and they came and

got him....I got his folded US flag that draped his coffin when he passed away in 1999.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

Thanks Jim...yeah was thinking the same thing but I guess it's quite time consuming and they just chanced it I guess...glad no one was hurt.

• Like 1

Those tower cranes can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to assemble or disassemble and often there is not enough time to move them or partially disassemble them,  so crane companies take their chances and are insured. There is rigging that is done to help prevent collapse, but mother nature always wins when she wants to. And of course the news media always likes to show pictures of them when they collapse and they are so stupid that they think  giant cranes can simply be taken down in a few hours like a kid’s set of tinker toys…….

11 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Those tower cranes can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to assemble or disassemble and often there is not enough time to move them or partially disassemble them,  so crane companies take their chances and are insured. There is rigging that is done to help prevent collapse, but mother nature always wins when she wants to. And of course the news media always likes to show pictures of them when they collapse and they are so stupid that they think  giant cranes can simply be taken down in a few hours like a kid’s set of tinker toys…….

Yeah, and the media focuses on the one that fails to show they're bad, and completely ignores the rest that are just fine.  Evil media and their fake news agenda.

17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Will do Goose thanks...they are all gone now God love them....One of my Uncles...Hubert was a paratrooper and served in the US Air Corps

and was one of thousands of American soldiers to parachute in Normandie on D Day...he survived but was shot twice once through the wrist

and once through his side and was saved by a French farmer and was hidden in their cellar till they were able to contact his unit and they came and

got him....I got his folded US flag that draped his coffin when he passed away in 1999.

Hey Keefer, it sounds like your uncle, Hubert was a pretty tuff paratrooper to survive all that.   I think he would be proud that you got his flag to keep and remember  him.   My uncle Henry was one of the U.S. army soldiers that helped liberate France, and they decorated and honored the allied troops with the French Fourragere, (braided cords).   :salute:                                                                :peelout:

18 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Because its about 3 to 4 weeks of work to dismantle.  They are typically made to handle the wind, (as I was told this).  But the operator is supposed to release the "clutch" or "brake" and let the boom free swing. (again, what I was told.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, it sounds like your uncle, Hubert was a pretty tuff paratrooper to survive all that.   I think he would be proud that you got his flag to keep and remember  him.   My uncle Henry was one of the U.S. army soldiers that helped liberate France, and they decorated and honored the allied troops with the French Fourragere, (braided cords).   :salute:                                                                :peelout:

He sure was quite character and one tuff dude …. I am honored we were close he had no children...Iike your uncle Henry they had to be tuff......:salute:

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Because its about 3 to 4 weeks of work to dismantle.  They are typically made to handle the wind, (as I was told this).  But the operator is supposed to release the "clutch" or "brake" and let the boom free swing. (again, what I was told.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis...couple of zip cuts and down she comes...…….:hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2019 at 1:00 AM, Mongoose said:

Hey BB, another great video!    I had a couple of good laughs, and that one guy was right on what he said!     “Yes Dear”!!!   :hysterical2:     I have to admit it usually works pretty good for me too!     :thumbsup::hysterical2:                 Your still the video King!    :)

Thanks Goose. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Well, here’s another. 

Now that's pretty damn cool....just wouldn't want to hit a sqall of rain with one....:fear: ……..I hear United Arab Emirates will be fazing out the AB380

for the new Boing 777X.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

He sure was quite character and one tuff dude …. I am honored we were close he had no children...Iike your uncle Henry they had to be tuff......:salute:

Whatcha talkin bout Willis...couple of zip cuts and down she comes...…….:hysterical:

:whistling:

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Thanks Goose. 😊

:salute: Your welcome bud!!!!           

5 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Well, here’s another. 

Hey BB, that’s really cool as hell!  Those two guys must be one of a hell “Adreneline Junkies” to want to be up there like that in the wild blue yonder.    Your still the Video King in my book!                                                     :peelout:

24 minutes ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning

Morning ....:reading:  nice and sunny in Hilton Head. Got this poster on ebay the other day. Allocations will be matched up with orders tomorrow. We shall see what happens soon with early orders. 

FC3ACB09-4EBA-4626-A858-61F7930F0FBA.jpeg

995D7B5C-DFE7-489F-A89A-8C8825765EE9.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Morning ....:reading:  nice and sunny in Hilton Head. Got this poster on ebay the other day. Allocations will be matched up with orders tomorrow. We shall see what happens soon with early orders. 

Well it's getting closer Mach...….:thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Well, here’s another. 

Oh man, I want one of those, that is so cool.  But I wanna know how they land.

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Well....could be head first.. or feet first..or like a bug on the windshield of a car going 100mph...…...:hysterical:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Well....could be head first.. or feet first..or like a bug on the windshield of a car going 100mph...…...:hysterical:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Watch the Movie Rocket Man...……...at first, it ain't pretty...…..:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

Morning

Good afternoon!      :salute:

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Slo Lane, good luck with your order bud!   Sit back and “Relax” and enjoy your glass of wine and all the cool scenery while your waiting!     :whistling:

Well it's getting closer Mach...….:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, 07gt500conv said:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

:drop: