mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, what’s this about weeds???   Don’t tell me you got stuck in the weeds with the Slo-Mobile!!!    :hysterical2:    :hysterical2:    :whistling:         We talk cars and stuff and shoot the “Bull” and don’t want to talk political crap, so roll out all your pics and get started!     LOL      :thumbsup:                                     :peelout:

No weeds still in Hilton Head enjoying seafood ,bike riding and B walking Bailey..:dogwalk:

Old stuff how about a 70 SS 454 LS6 for starters .

7F4C0651-0A41-4C4E-9DE1-17591A1176B6.jpeg

530F92BF-4EA1-4DF0-AF3D-9963110AD94B.jpeg

F87919E3-2A21-4F75-AFA1-65FFD0CE6337.jpeg

3EB85EFE-A897-4B58-A5B7-A0F3D4B5A5A5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

18 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

I can push my Toro up to 5mph.  I don't have enough yard for something like that.

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

No weeds still in Hilton Head enjoying seafood ,bike riding and B walking Bailey..:dogwalk:

One of the all time top greats in the muscle car world right there....these things from the factory would give the Hemi a run for it's money

if not beat it most times...…:rockon: ……….I see you got Teks silver C5 in the garage...…...:hysterical:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Wanna race???...……...:hysterical:

Hey Keefer, sure, but it wouldn’t really be fair, the new Cubs are made of a lot lighter metal and plastic so in a race you’d win against my “Sherman Tank”!  LOL   :hysterical2:

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah driving it...……...:hysterical2:

Keefer, funny, ha,ha!   Now I owe you a good one, silly boy!   :stirpot:    :hysterical2:                                             :peelout:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...yeah the base 1LT with the $5000 Z51 option gets you 0 to 60 under 3 seconds. So $65K  buys you a heck of a lot of good looks and performance in one package. Soon we shall see what lap times look like also. 

Oh and for $59,995  you can hit 60 in 3 seconds flat. Dry sump now is standard. 75% of dealers are not charging ADM’s. I didn’t pay it at my local dealership. As a matter of fact it appears the GM card bonus will be available also. You are looking at around $1500 to  $3500 discount off MSRP. 

Hey Slo Lane,  that’s a hell of a deal for a car like that, especially being a mid-engine design super car priced way (below) any other mid-engine designed sports car out there!

Hey bud, there’s no way you can go wrong by getting one!    J.M.O.      :thumbsup:                                       :peelout:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey bud, glad you and B and Bailey too are enjoying your selfs, looks like a cool place to be.   Beautiful Red 454 SS, and it even has the cool cowl induction ram air hood too! Always liked them, that style was one of my favorite Chevelles.   Those cars now bring some pretty big money now!       :drop:                                       :peelout:

29 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, sure, but it wouldn’t really be fair, the new Cubs are made of a lot lighter metal and plastic so in a race you’d win against my “Sherman Tank”!  LOL   :hysterical2:

So you forfeited...My plastic Cub rules!!!!!!…...:hysterical2:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

One of the all time top greats in the muscle car world right there....these things from the factory would give the Hemi a run for it's money

if not beat it most times...…:rockon: ……….I see you got Teks silver C5 in the garage...…...:hysterical:

:thumbsup:+1

1 minute ago, svtkeith said:

So you forfeited...My plastic Cub rules!!!!!!…...:hysterical2:

Keefer, it only rules in your mind!  :hysterical2:    Your’s might be faster, but it sure won’t be around in excellent condition in 25 years of working hard.  I was at the cub dealer a couple of days ago and I could hardly believe what those cubs look like today, just saying!     25 years ago I set out to find the best lawn tractor, with the best engine I could buy at a reasonable price and quality build material  of real heavy gauge steel deck, lots of grease zerts, cast iron front axel and all around heavy duty quality build.   I paid $2,100 for it 25 years ago and it’s still running strong, so I feel I definitally got my money’s worth!   My neighbor also has a new Cub Cadet, and he’s went thru a couple of tractors, while I still have the same one!   It’s really all about the quality and what your willing to pay for it.  Not to long ago I asked a retired implement dealer what he felt was the best lawn tractor made, and with-out hesitation he said “Kubota”!   As a rule of thumb: you usually get what you pay for!    I hope you and Slo Lane have good luck with your Cubs!

P.S.  If I had to go out now and buy a new lawn tractor I really couldn’t tell you what I would buy now, just saying!            Later bud!                                 :peelout:

John Deere isn’t what it used to be either. After looking at a Deere vs a cub I went with the cub. The last Deere I had lasted 15 years and sold her for $500. The new Deere’s are just garbage with green paint. Sorry I really wanted to buy another Deere. The cub is running fine after 2 years and hopefully will give me another 15 years of service. Just keep the maintenance up to date it should be fine. 

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sweet Chevelle, I owned 3, a 68 Malibu Big Block 4 Spd., a 68 SS 396 and a 69 Malibu that a guy put a Buick 455 in with Auto and 488 Rear Gears.  I let my Girlfriend at the time Drive just once and I even told her NOT to go over 55mph.  She didn't listen, she blew the Engine...………. 

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Keefer, it only rules in your mind!  :hysterical2:    Your’s might be faster, but it sure won’t be around in excellent condition in 25 years of working hard.  I was at the cub dealer a couple of days ago and I could hardly believe what those cubs look like today, just saying!     25 years ago I set out to find the best lawn tractor, with the best engine I could buy at a reasonable price and quality build material  of real heavy gauge steel deck, lots of grease zerts, cast iron front axel and all around heavy duty quality build.   I paid $2,100 for it 25 years ago and it’s still running strong, so I feel I definitally got my money’s worth!   My neighbor also has a new Cub Cadet, and he’s went thru a couple of tractors, while I still have the same one!   It’s really all about the quality and what your willing to pay for it.  Not to long ago I asked a retired implement dealer what he felt was the best lawn tractor made, and with-out hesitation he said “Kubota”!   As a rule of thumb: you usually get what you pay for!    I hope you and Slo Lane have good luck with your Cubs!

P.S.  If I had to go out now and buy a new lawn tractor I really couldn’t tell you what I would buy now, just saying!            Later bud!                                 :peelout:

I had great luck with Cubs...I've had one since 03 and it still works great but wanted to get the snow blower to do my driveway instead of a walk behind

so I needed the extra power thus why I bought the new one...If I was only doing to lawn I'd stay with the old one but I'll give it to my neighbour who don't

have much and just got over a bout of cancer....before 03 I had a Craftsman and it was fine also had it since 84 so can't complain about any of them not

being reliable...I agree with Mach on the Deere all you're doing is paying big bucks for the green paint IMO because they ain't what they used to be...I can tell

you for fact the best engine out there is the Kawasaki V twin that's in the Cub Cadet XT2 GX but just couldn't justify the extra $1000 over the Kholer V twin

in the Cub XT2 SLX that I bought...JMO!!!...….:dance:

25 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Barf, that and the slime snot green (on the B2 and the GT500) are horrible (yea, just my opinion...)

Dark Moss green (67) or Dark Highland Green (68) , now those are winners....

6 hours ago, svtkeith said:

My car isn't silver. :club:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

John Deere isn’t what it used to be either. After looking at a Deere vs a cub I went with the cub. The last Deere I had lasted 15 years and sold her for $500. The new Deere’s are just garbage with green paint. Sorry I really wanted to buy another Deere. The cub is running fine after 2 years and hopefully will give me another 15 years of service. Just keep the maintenance up to date it should be fine. 

Hey bud, sounds like a plan to me!   :thumbsup:    Almost all the lawn and garden stuff made these days are meant to wear out here and there so your always buying parts and belts and misc stuff.    The older heavy well built machines hardly ever needed more than a occasional tune-up, so the dealers didn’t make much money on them for repair parts. You must know this to be true, just like old stoves and refrigerators lasted a long time.  Most of the manufacturers figured this out by now, and pretty much got it pegged how long something usually lasts, and they also got them stupid extended warranty too!       J.M.O.             :peelout:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Hey Mach a vid you may like.

Hey Keefer, I bet you can hardly wait to get your hands on this (frickin’ monster)!!!!!      :thumbsup:    :hysterical2:

7 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Sweet Chevelle, I owned 3, a 68 Malibu Big Block 4 Spd., a 68 SS 396 and a 69 Malibu that a guy put a Buick 455 in with Auto and 488 Rear Gears.  I let my Girlfriend at the time Drive just once and I even told her NOT to go over 55mph.  She didn't listen, she blew the Engine...………. 

That’s funny now, but I’m sure it wasn’t at the time it happened.   :drop:     Hey bud, after that, I’d show her the curb!!     :thumbsup:    :peelout: