mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

7 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

SO.....with this Strike still on, how do you think the New Cars will be when the productions start back up?  Will they be up to par or not? 

:shrug: Who knows for sure, but you would hope so!                         :peelout:

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:happyfeet:At Road Atlanta this am. Thursday is a good day because the fans are not there yet . Friday will be a ZOO  !

OK the big news. ......C8 R has a 5.5 with a ....FPC.  8000+rpms. How about that. More to follow later. The engine didn’t sound like the old 5.5 in the C7R.

They had a white C8 on display and white is not my thingy. Got to sit in one and yes at 6’5” and 195 I fit ok . Its not a caddy so it’s a bit snug. But she will work ok  👌 Yep that’s me with the stupid grin on my face.  ....:hysterical2:  in my hand are two T shirts from team Corvette ...free  

No Z51’s to look at . The other one was a Richard Petty  blue HT convertible. That’s the one they let me sit in .... ...:victory: 

Those female reps were so sweet and helpful they made my day. Easy on the eyes also .....:victory:

688D9C50-979F-46BD-9E21-D9A6CE2DCDBD.jpeg

E23C9086-169E-494F-BE4A-5E1653D863D8.jpeg

6C4BFA72-EB72-4C4A-8205-C4605BFAD875.jpeg

BC89CD6B-6DF1-4554-B25F-C5554AEE72E3.jpeg

Hey bud, I knew it was you because of the big canoes you were wearing.   :hysterical2:      “B” says your there to look at the C8 and not the pretty young ladies, drool at the cars only and make sure you got your hankie handy.  Okay, all bull aside, you must of had a hell of a good time taking it all in.    Tell all of us guys about the data on the C8R and any other cool stuff you can find.   How about, now that you sat in it and saw it in person, your honest opinion of the convertible C8 version.  Curious people want to know!:peelout:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok Keith you want yellow...:flirt:

I will say the short nose takes a little while to get used to. Once you are used to it the C7 will look outdated 

B3BDE796-ECB8-4E4D-8085-1A6FF56C45CD.jpeg

D24FE003-E95D-4EA4-9638-2C0BCCF34C4D.jpeg

:thumbsup: Cool stuff!

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks for the awesome video!  Short, but very entertaining!   It got my heart beating faster and that new C8R is going to be a hard one to beat on the track.    J.M.O. :peelout:

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

:thumbsup: Cool stuff!

Chevy confirmed with Roadshow this is a flat-plane crank V8 with dual-overhead cams. Yeah, this ain't your father's Corvette race car. However GM is a little late to the party. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Chevy confirmed with Roadshow this is a flat-plane crank V8 with dual-overhead cams. Yeah, this ain't your father's Corvette race car. However GM is a little late to the party. 

Late to what party Mach?...…….:shrug:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

I was referring to the DOHC engine not the FPC technology. Look how long the Mustangs have been racing DOHC engines. The current coyote engine has good low end grunt today. It also has dual intake system that prevents the carbon build up on the valves with direct injection engines 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I was referring to the DOHC engine not the FPC technology. Look how long the Mustangs have been racing DOHC engines. The current coyote engine has good low end grunt today. It also has dual intake system that prevents the carbon build up on the valves with direct injection engines 

Gotcha bud...……:thumbsup: …….Better late than never I guess although GM did pretty good with the SOHC and with the SOHC you get a lower

engine center of gravity..."cams in the center of the block as apposed to the top"...…..:peelout:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:hysterical:

:hysterical2:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey bud, better late to the party, than never showing up, don’t ya think????     :hysterical2:        Okay guys, now lets go racing and kick some butt!  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Oh no, you didn’t get invited!     :hysterical2:       Don’t worry Keefer, Slo Lane will tell you all about it.    :lol:

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup:Nice!

2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Gotcha bud...……:thumbsup: …….Better late than never I guess although GM did pretty good with the SOHC and with the SOHC you get a lower

engine center of gravity..."cams in the center of the block as apposed to the top"...…..:peelout:

Okay you two jokers, now that you got your party stuff all sorted out, lets get some track specs and lap times on that cool new C8R!    I’ve got chores to do and can’t sit around on the computer all day waiting for you two jokers to figure things out.     :shrug:     :hysterical2:                                           :peelout:

Well they put the C8R on display today at Road Atlanta. Now that says game on. Still have that boring white C8 on display .wow look at that wide body compared to the C8

9AE42100-60FE-4D99-A18C-7085183D987D.jpeg

AD6F3519-DDCA-4219-AE6A-B83FC489BC60.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Well they put the C8R on display today at Road Atlanta. Now that says game on. Still have that boring white C8 on display .wow look at that wide body compared to the C8

Going to be interesting to see how closely the Z06 will resemble the C8R....totally agree white is not the best colour to display for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

The C8R definitally looks very aggressive and tough too!  I just can imagine the look on other driver’s faces when they see and hear it coming up behind them in their rear view mirror just before it passes them.      :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Going to be interesting to see how closely the Z06 will resemble the C8R....totally agree white is not the best colour to display for sure.

Hey guys, yes it would be nice to get a glimpse of the new Z06 in the looks dept.   You two jokers are being a little hard on that White C8, no it’s not Red, but I will say in my book it looks classy, especially with those cool chrome rims it’s riding on.   I’d take that White C8 any-time for display over that kind of drab color C8 that was on display a ways back at Road America when I was there.  A White C8 isn’t racy looking, but it is classy looking.   J.M.O.            :peelout:Hey guys, now you have to admit this color doesn’t do it, especially under a tent with poor lightening too.  Just saying!

IMG_1963__1570858166_33396.jpg

Edited by Mongoose
add pic and text

Mongoose....having a base white C8  at a race weekend is like Ford showing up with a 4 banger mustang on display. This is what they needed. Red C8 with the Z51 performance package. Pizzazz my man 

Speaking of Ford they won the Friday 2 hour race  ...mustang GT4 in pink. ...:happyfeet:  Those 2019 Mustang premium GT’s with the coyote 460hp and the PP1 performance package .... is one great bang for the buck at $36K  especially with the manual trans  

The pink panther strikes again  Mustang GT 4 below  

3D315AFB-4552-4FDE-ADFA-7C3F979731F3.jpeg

FB8B7793-0EB6-4579-B347-D894C0E0C657.jpeg

89D1E886-1E43-44DE-9757-DDB21F68EB6B.jpeg

1E32493F-EB76-4F37-9941-046CE2863DA6.jpeg

32ECD43C-7C67-429D-A0D9-B504E5A773AC.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, yes it would be nice to get a glimpse of the new Z06 in the looks dept.   You two jokers are being a little hard on that White C8, no it’s not Red, but I will say in my book it looks classy, especially with those cool chrome rims it’s riding on.   I’d take that White C8 any-time for display over that kind of drab color C8 that was on display a ways back at Road America when I was there.  A White C8 isn’t racy looking, but it is classy looking.   J.M.O.            :peelout:Hey guys, now you have to admit this color doesn’t do it, especially under a tent with poor lightening too.  Just saying!

I agree that isn’t a color I would ever choose except on a drab SUV ....:hysterical2:

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 11:12 PM, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, I knew it was you because of the big canoes you were wearing.   :hysterical2:      “B” says your there to look at the C8 and not the pretty young ladies, drool at the cars only and make sure you got your hankie handy.  Okay, all bull aside, you must of had a hell of a good time taking it all in.    Tell all of us guys about the data on the C8R and any other cool stuff you can find.   How about, now that you sat in it and saw it in person, your honest opinion of the convertible C8 version.  Curious people want to know!:peelout:

Seeing the HT convertible with the top down the car looks really small. It sits really low which makes it look small. 

Inside the fit is snug and would not want it as a long distance driver. Everything is all around you and the controls will take some getting used to. But hey after a few days it will feel like a old shoe. The seats are really up scale even the GT1 base seats. Again I had to talk them into me sitting in it. No one was allowed and not sure why because on Thursday the crowds were not there yet. Like I said at first glance the front is really short . I’m sure after awhile it will seem normal. Overall I’m excited to be getting one someday.. when the strike comes to an end. They are making progress I hear. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I agree that colour doesn't do anything for me on the C8 either.....like white they both belong on family sedans not exotic looking sports cars IMO...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Mongoose....having a base white C8  at a race weekend is like Ford showing up with a 4 banger mustang on display. This is what they needed. Red C8 with the Z51 performance package. Pizzazz my man 

Speaking of Ford they won the Friday 2 hour race  ...mustang GT4 in pink. ...:happyfeet:  Those 2019 Mustang premium GT’s with the coyote 460hp and the PP1 performance package .... is one great bang for the buck at $36K  especially with the manual trans  

Congrats to Ford on that win.....:peelout: ……...Mach do you think that black outer rim on the side scoop would look better body coloured ?

If I ever get a C8 that would be my first mod is to get it either painted or wrapped body colour….unless it can be ordered that way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Congrats to Ford on that win.....:peelout: ……...Mach do you think that black outer rim on the side scoop would look better body coloured ?

If I ever get a C8 that would be my first mod is to get it either painted or wrapped body colour….unless it can be ordered that way. 

Keith...yes you can order it body color. After seeing it body color I prefer the black trim. 

One last comment after seeing the blue HT convertible ( below )  I prefer the look of the coupe with the top off. Don’t like those two buttress’s on the convertible at all . Looks to much like a Ferrari want to be IMO  

56C545A5-3FEA-403A-9E87-0BC8FCB32D73.jpeg

09611E5E-F32E-45E9-A736-869F05B69280.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith...yes you can order it body color. After seeing it body color I prefer the black trim. 

Gotcha bud thanks!!...I guess I'd have to see it both ways but from the pictures I've seen I prefer the body coloured scoop rear spoiler

and mirrors and the rest is fine...to my eye anyway...…….:)

Some more pictures from Road Atlanta today. I didn’t take these because we are babysitting this weekend. Plus it’s a zoo at Road Atlanta today.  I’ll watch the race later today. It’s on at 12 noon check your listings if interested. Great weather in the 70’s and nothing but SUN 🌞  At 11:55 the C8 R will take a demonstration lap around Road Atlanta today. I will get the video of it and post it later.

got to run......later  Slo Lane .:shift:  PS got to get back to babysitting today and getting her hooked on cars  

5BF41512-3F4A-4BB1-9FE7-617E94C65657.jpeg

755BA981-3900-4C81-BC9B-4B61356C9E1C.jpeg

7FD7AD36-96B2-4A31-957F-79ED8CC7F82C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Good morning Slo Lane!   Okay bud, gotcha about the C8 White Corvette.   Hooray for the Pink Pather strikes again!     Yes, your 2019 GT sounds like one hell of a car for the bang for the “buck”.   Sorry bud, but I have to say those wheels need some accent to stand out a little, then it won’t look like your going for the “Dark Vader” look.     :hysterical2:  :hide:

Some more pictures from Road Atlanta today. I didn’t take these because we are babysitting this weekend. Plus it’s a zoo at Road Atlanta today.  I’ll watch the race later today. It’s on at 12 noon check your listings if interested. Great weather in the 70’s and nothing but SUN 🌞  At 11:55 the C8 R will take a demonstration lap around Road Atlanta today. I will get the video of it and post it later.

got to run......later  Slo Lane .:shift:  PS got to get back to babysitting today   

5BF41512-3F4A-4BB1-9FE7-617E94C65657.jpeg

755BA981-3900-4C81-BC9B-4B61356C9E1C.jpeg

B63AF049-F4CF-42C7-A05F-D03354A4A4D8.jpeg

Hope you have a ton of fun, and enjoy the race and your grandkids.   Nice pic of your granddaughter.   The weather here sucks and its only around the low 40s.    Later bud!