mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I agree that colour doesn't do anything for me on the C8 either.....like white they both belong on family sedans not exotic looking sports cars IMO...:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Some more pictures from Road Atlanta today. I didn’t take these because we are babysitting this weekend. Plus it’s a zoo at Road Atlanta today.  I’ll watch the race later today. It’s on at 12 noon check your listings if interested. Great weather in the 70’s and nothing but SUN 🌞  At 11:55 the C8 R will take a demonstration lap around Road Atlanta today. I will get the video of it and post it later.

got to run......later  Slo Lane .:shift:  PS got to get back to babysitting today and getting her hooked on cars  

5BF41512-3F4A-4BB1-9FE7-617E94C65657.jpeg

755BA981-3900-4C81-BC9B-4B61356C9E1C.jpeg

7FD7AD36-96B2-4A31-957F-79ED8CC7F82C.jpeg

She's a cutie bud enjoy!!!...…..I don't get the channel on my dish those races are on...…..:banghead:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Seeing the HT convertible with the top down the car looks really small. It sits really low which makes it look small. 

Inside the fit is snug and would not want it as a long distance driver. Everything is all around you and the controls will take some getting used to. But hey after a few days it will feel like a old shoe. The seats are really up scale even the GT1 base seats. Again I had to talk them into me sitting in it. No one was allowed and not sure why because on Thursday the crowds were not there yet. Like I said at first glance the front is really short . I’m sure after awhile it will seem normal. Overall I’m excited to be getting one someday.. when the strike comes to an end. They are making progress I hear. 

Hey Slo Lane, my wife says that sometimes the anticipation can be the best part of the experience like kids looking forward to Christmas morning.  With that said, I really hope it all works out good for you, and the end result puts a smile on your face.    :)                Good luck bud!                            :peelout:

16 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Congrats to Ford on that win.....:peelout: ……...Mach do you think that black outer rim on the side scoop would look better body coloured ?

If I ever get a C8 that would be my first mod is to get it either painted or wrapped body colour….unless it can be ordered that way. 

Hey Keefer, the question you asked Mach is kind of a up in the air question and he might not know for sure how to answer it at this time without seeing the car more for visualization effects and it possibly growing on him.   This is just my opinion on it, even though you didn’t ask.:shrug::hysterical2:                                                                   :peelout:  P. S.    Question has been answered!    Black accented scoop wins with the latest results just in!   :hysterical2:

Edited by Mongoose
add text.

Keith...yes you can order it body color. After seeing it body color I prefer the black trim. 

One last comment after seeing the blue HT convertible ( below )  I prefer the look of the coupe with the top off. Don’t like those two buttress’s on the convertible at all . Looks to much like a Ferrari want to be IMO  

56C545A5-3FEA-403A-9E87-0BC8FCB32D73.jpeg

09611E5E-F32E-45E9-A736-869F05B69280.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, I’m with you on that black trimmed scoop, it helps accent the body side and scoop.  Again, your right on, coupe to me is definitally better looking than the vert and you also don’t get that cool look at the engine with the vert.    J.M.O.        Also “congrats” goes out to the Ford camp for the win!  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

She's a cutie bud enjoy!!!...…..I don't get the channel on my dish those races are on...…..:banghead:

Hey Slo Lane is teaching his cute little granddaughter to play with cars and that’s cool in my book.    Keep up the good work bud!   :banvictory:

C8R one lap at Road Atlanta. Starts at the 59 mark. Enjoy 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, the question you asked Mach is kind of a up in the air question and he might not know for sure how to answer it at this time without seeing the car more for visualization effects and it possibly growing on him.   This is just my opinion on it, even though you didn’t ask.:shrug::hysterical2:                                                                   :peelout:  P. S.    Question has been answered!    Black accented scoop wins with the latest results just in!   :hysterical2:

Foooooeeeee!!!!….You guys got no taste!!!...……...:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Cool vid Mach...……:thumbsup: …...doesn't sound very loud on that vid and it seems he wasn't pushing it near it's limits either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:lol: Foooeeee on you too! 

Hey Slo Lane, thanks for the cool footage of the Corvette track cars and also the C8R out on the track.   The C8R was running some pretty dark Limo-tint, I guess it was used to keep every-one guessing on the inside look.  :thumbsup:   Hey bud, when you find out some track time numbers on that C8R and the C8 please post them, I would really like to see just how good they are.      :peelout:

16 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Cool vid Mach...……:thumbsup: …...doesn't sound very loud on that vid and it seems he wasn't pushing it near it's limits either.

:thumbsup:+1

Hey guys, guess what I got at my house today, yup, your right, that dreaded “White Stuff”.  :drop:    It’s been cold, windy, and raining and it’s only in the very low 40s with a low tonight around 32 freezing degrees.  This crappy damp wet cold weather really puts a chill down your spine and I’m not looking forward to it.  My wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table watching it rain out, then all of a sudden it got windy and the rain turned to lots of little tiny white ice balls that started to cover every-thing.   We took a few pics  of it out in the yard, but it’s still a little hard to see.  Hope this kind of weather doesn’t last long, I guess the weather-man is calling for back in the low 50s for Thursday.   :thumbsup:

Later guys!                                       Mongoose      :peelout:

IMG_2495__1571031115_74511__1571031115_12951.jpg

IMG_2494__1571031681_68073__1571031681_21343.jpg

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, guess what I got at my house today, yup, your right, that dreaded “White Stuff”.  :drop:    It’s been cold, windy, and raining and it’s only in the very low 40s with a low tonight around 32 freezing degrees.  This crappy damp wet cold weather really puts a chill down your spine and I’m not looking forward to it.  My wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table watching it rain out, then all of a sudden it got windy and the rain turned to lots of little tiny white ice balls that started to cover every-thing.   We took a few pics  of it out in the yard, but it’s still a little hard to see.  Hope this kind of weather doesn’t last long, I guess the weather-man is calling for back in the low 50s for Thursday.   :thumbsup:

It's that time of year Goose...it's sunny and warm here today but by Thursday they say that's all going to change...no snow just rain and wind

but to be honest I'd rather snow and can't wait till our trails are covered...I love blasting the turbo SxS down those trails...…...:peelout:

• Haha 1

Hot lap around Road Atlanta in the C8 R video. Turn up the volume. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Snow this early.  Holy cow. 

D302F978-2704-487F-BD59-BE6C09A5F2A6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Did he manage not to wreck it?

12 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Did he manage not to wreck it?

:hysterical2:

On 10/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, svtkeith said:

Fooooeeeee. Cooooohoooooweeeeee .....:happyfeet:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sounds awesome mic was a bit messed up though.....I can say one thing had he not stopped he wasn't going any further

than that flat bed...…..:doh:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, svtkeith said:

It's that time of year Goose...it's sunny and warm here today but by Thursday they say that's all going to change...no snow just rain and wind

but to be honest I'd rather snow and can't wait till our trails are covered...I love blasting the turbo SxS down those trails...…...:peelout:

:peelout::thumbsup:

Thanks for another short, but very cool video on the C8R out on the track.   Now all we need is the track performance numbers.  :thumbsup:           :peelout:

Snow this early.  Holy cow. 

D302F978-2704-487F-BD59-BE6C09A5F2A6.jpeg

:hysterical2:    

15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Sounds awesome mic was a bit messed up though.....I can say one thing had he not stopped he wasn't going any further

than that flat bed...…..:doh:

Funny boy!      :hysterical2:

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Fooooeeeee. Cooooohoooooweeeeee .....:happyfeet:

:thumbsup:Right on!                               :peelout:

Hey guys, were is BB hiding, is he still in his fox-hole??   Tell him to come out and enjoy some of that sunshine and breath some fresh-air.  Who knows maybe he’s still at Mom’s house enjoying her home cooking......    :drool:                                                      :peelout:

Here you go fellas. First C8 test numbers .. pretty impressive in my book.

C8 Corvette Z51 shot to 60 mph in a staggering 2.8 seconds on the way to an 11.1-second quarter mile at 123.2 mph.   123.2 mph 

Click below for the article....:happyfeet:   

edit : there is also a video in the article worth watching  look for it  

thttps://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/corvette/2020/2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-c8-first-test-review/

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Get in push the button and away we gooooooooo  Please end the strike P L E A S E  ....

9CD531D7-283F-44F7-B4CD-4DF8141C25AB.jpeg

1D39241D-71B3-428A-83E7-482068E12FC9.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1