Jump to content
mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Why the delay anyone know on here. I thought they would have had one at Road Atlanta last week.

This is what I saw on Thursday one little small tent for Ford . Not one car was present. .:headscratch: All the other pavilions  Toyota,  Lexus , Cadillac , Mazda ,Chevy,  AMG ,BMW  and more were packed with cars and reps. Even a diecast vender has a bigger display ......…:shrug:

4397FF7C-F84A-4841-BFA0-69B939EF2242.jpeg

9176DA4D-50A6-43C0-B7E5-064197BD0810.jpeg

34297AC5-5D5D-4A3A-825B-E24E7361E14B.jpeg

 

Seems odd Ford wouldn't have a car there for sure...….:shrug:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:doh:

:hysterical2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

I hear the GT500's have been delayed again....WHY?....no one seems to now why but some guys that ordered the car have got a notice

that the car has been delayed for the 2nd time with no answers.....:shrug:

:shrug: +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Cool.. glad the car magazines R&T and C&D done articles on her...…….:rockon:

:thumbsup:+1   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Mongoose...great read and yes R.I.P. Jessi Combs.

Thanks bud!   Jessi was one cool lady, lost way too soon!     R.I.P. Jessi !     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I almost forgot what my order looked like until I saw this on the other C8 forum. It was on display recently. Sure wish they would have had that one at Road Atlanta last week.

Ah Road Atlanta in the morning before the cars hit the track...so peaceful 

 

1B05C466-418A-49A3-91DB-0AE22D19E91B.jpeg

779D17FC-FCBA-4D6E-8467-FE0FEB60D98A.jpeg

DE87DA57-9A87-4AF7-BCC6-E8FE0C883792.jpeg

:thumbsup: Pretty cool looking, especially in “Red”!    I’ll bet your :drool:right now.     :hysterical2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Why the delay anyone know on here. I thought they would have had one at Road Atlanta last week.

This is what I saw on Thursday one little small tent for Ford . Not one car was present. .:headscratch: All the other pavilions  Toyota,  Lexus , Cadillac , Mazda ,Chevy,  AMG ,BMW  and more were packed with cars and reps. Even a diecast vender has a bigger display .........:shrug:

4397FF7C-F84A-4841-BFA0-69B939EF2242.jpeg

9176DA4D-50A6-43C0-B7E5-064197BD0810.jpeg

34297AC5-5D5D-4A3A-825B-E24E7361E14B.jpeg

Something is cooking and it’s almost ready to boil over!   :whistling:        J.M.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Beauty!!!!……….:rockon:

:thumbsup:+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I just happened across one other small article in my latest Car & Driver mag that some of you might find a little interesting.   It was on page 5, and the heading on that page had a previous cover shot of Road & Track that read :The $177 Mustang Shelby , then it reads in large black letters under the cover shot, Backfires.  This concerns the subject: Rental Counters.   Since C/D’s August cover story on the $177 Mustang Shelby GT-S (“Tail of the Gator”). Sixt has jacked the price to $429 ($354 plus tax) at the Fort Lauderdale airport, and that’s in the off-season for this very cool, but getting more expensive car rental. Just another example of the lure of the (almighty dollar and supply and demand) working hand and hand.   :whistling:      J.M.O.                                    :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, I just happened across one other small article in my latest Car & Driver mag that some of you might find a little interesting.   It was on page 5, and the heading on that page had a previous cover shot of Road & Track that read :The $177 Mustang Shelby , then it reads in large black letters under the cover shot, Backfires.  This concerns the subject: Rental Counters.   Since C/D’s August cover story on the $177 Mustang Shelby GT-S (“Tail of the Gator”). Sixt has jacked the price to $429 ($354 plus tax) at the Fort Lauderdale airport, and that’s in the off-season for this very cool, but getting more expensive car rental. Just another example of the lure of the (almighty dollar and supply and demand) working hand and hand.   :whistling:      J.M.O.                                    :peelout:

Just when you thought the move from Hertz would make for a better deal for a Shelby rental.  Deja vu all over again with another rental company.😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is Fords pavilion at Road Atlanta and here is mine. ......at a recent oil and gas expo ..... ......:hysterical2:  I’m in the big leagues now  .....:thumbsup:

4DCDB673-9262-4503-8B25-6D776AB8BD38.jpeg

08135B69-DDE4-4D6C-B4D2-9063115D17B6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, I just happened across one other small article in my latest Car & Driver mag that some of you might find a little interesting.   It was on page 5, and the heading on that page had a previous cover shot of Road & Track that read :The $177 Mustang Shelby , then it reads in large black letters under the cover shot, Backfires.  This concerns the subject: Rental Counters.   Since C/D’s August cover story on the $177 Mustang Shelby GT-S (“Tail of the Gator”). Sixt has jacked the price to $429 ($354 plus tax) at the Fort Lauderdale airport, and that’s in the off-season for this very cool, but getting more expensive car rental. Just another example of the lure of the (almighty dollar and supply and demand) working hand and hand.   :whistling:      J.M.O.                                    :peelout:

:spend:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the facts. Ford VS Ferrari. Enjoy. 

 

Edit :  I own the #2 Ford GT  ......1:10 scale diecast model however.........:hysterical2:

 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here she is in all her glory. Car # 2 the 1966 Ford GT 40 that won Le Mans in 1966 

It’s too bad this forum is limited in pixels. Because there is so much detail you can’t see. This model is hugh over 17” long and very heavy . It’s one of the finest mass produced diecast ever made by any company . This model was produced  by Exoto for $998 back in 90’s . Today they fetch between  $1600 and some as high as $5900 signed by Shelby himself. The exoto site has them retired and a value of $9900. Maybe someday. 

619370F3-BD4D-46A9-9D14-4447709C69FF.jpeg

54638755-9BCB-442B-8FF6-E73D4966BF38.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If interested here is more detail on the Exoto model . Lots of pictures. One interested tidbit  see those rear tail lights  . They are straight off a Corvair  . So GM had a little to do with the LeMans win.....:victory:

https://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.EX10010/qx/reviewpix.htm

2D6338CF-1F01-4EB8-A37A-B26BB94A85B4.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here are the facts. Ford VS Ferrari. Enjoy. 

 

Edit :  I own the #2 Ford GT  ......1:10 scale diecast model however.........:hysterical2:

 

 

Awesome vid and great story...to bad Ken Miles was killed but Ford sure put it to Ferrari in the end...what a car the GT40 was and hearing it

makes me wonder just how it must have sounded near that track when all the cars were full bore racing...…….:worship: ….I can't believe they let

people drive one of the originals around like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith ....as James May said he was driving very carefully around in that  26 million pound Ferrari on the very narrow road in Europe. ...Ive been watched the gang in Top Gear ( BBC ) for a  ton of years. Very funny show with a ton of cool car stuff like the “ Stig “.All 3 can drive the wheels off any car they get behind. Oh and Richard Hammond ( guy on the far left ) loves old mustangs he owns a few over in Europe. 

A009FDC1-96D0-4BF4-A36C-83A5DE74FB74.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith ....as James May said he was driving very carefully around in that  26 million pound Ferrari on the very narrow road in Europe. ...Ive been watched the gang in Top Gear ( BBC ) for a  ton of years. Very funny show with a ton of cool car stuff like the “ Stig “.All 3 can drive the wheels off any car they get behind. Oh and Richard Hammond ( guy on the far left ) loves old mustangs he owns a few over in Europe. 

A009FDC1-96D0-4BF4-A36C-83A5DE74FB74.jpeg

 

Oh I know who they are I used to watch Top Gear religiously....still such a rare and important car in Fords racing history it would

be a shame if anything went wrong and with that I don't necessarily mean he'd smash it but it could catch fire or something stupid

like that....I guess it's nice to see it being driven and not in someone's private collection to be never seen or heard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t they sound amazing ? Pure music 🎶 to the ears. I put on a sportscar race and my wife doesn’t get the beautiful sound coming from the surround sound I have set up on the TV. Oh well but she does go to the Daytona 24 every year. Slow progress. Tiny steps as they say. This is the first time she got involved with the ordering ordeal on the C8 . Made me proud to be honest. She is slowly getting hooked . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Didn’t they sound amazing ? Pure music 🎶 to the ears. I put on a sportscar race and my wife doesn’t get the beautiful sound coming from the surround sound I have set up on the TV. Oh well but she does go to the Daytona 24 every year. Slow progress. Tiny steps as they say. This is the first time she got involved with the ordering ordeal on the C8 . Made me proud to be honest. She is slowly getting hooked . 

 

Pure sound porn bud!!…...:peelout:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Pure sound porn bud!!…...:peelout:

  • Oh yeah. .:happyfeet:
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 66GT350PS said:

Just when you thought the move from Hertz would make for a better deal for a Shelby rental.  Deja vu all over again with another rental company.😎

:thumbsup:+1      $$$$$ always win out!     :shrug:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is Fords pavilion at Road Atlanta and here is mine. ......at a recent oil and gas expo ..... ......:hysterical2:  I’m in the big leagues now  .....:thumbsup:

4DCDB673-9262-4503-8B25-6D776AB8BD38.jpeg

08135B69-DDE4-4D6C-B4D2-9063115D17B6.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, not everybody has their own Slo-Mobile stocked with cool vintage car memorabilia to sell and play in the big leagues.  :hysterical2:   But, I will say at least you have stuff to sell there, and also looking for a buy, not just a empty tent and empty chairs like some other people we know!    :whistling:      :hysterical2:   :hysterical2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:spend:

:thumbsup: +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here are the facts. Ford VS Ferrari. Enjoy. 

 

Edit :  I own the #2 Ford GT  ......1:10 scale diecast model however.........:hysterical2:

 

Hey Slo Lane, love that awesome video, it makes you want to be out on the track with them.  Keep that cool stuff coming, competition makes us all better!    :thumbsup:

Nice Exoto 1/10th ,GT-40 Diecast!  :thumbsup:                                          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here she is in all her glory. Car # 2 the 1966 Ford GT 40 that won Le Mans in 1966 

It’s too bad this forum is limited in pixels. Because there is so much detail you can’t see. This model is hugh over 17” long and very heavy . It’s one of the finest mass produced diecast ever made by any company . This model was produced  by Exoto for $998 back in 90’s . Today they fetch between  $1600 and some as high as $5900 signed by Shelby himself. The exoto site has them retired and a value of $9900. Maybe someday. 

619370F3-BD4D-46A9-9D14-4447709C69FF.jpeg

54638755-9BCB-442B-8FF6-E73D4966BF38.jpeg

:drool:Exoto 1/10th GT-40 is top dog, but my GMP 1/12th GT-40 is a very close second!   :drool:          J.M.O.         :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

If interested here is more detail on the Exoto model . Lots of pictures. One interested tidbit  see those rear tail lights  . They are straight off a Corvair  . So GM had a little to do with the LeMans win.....:victory:

https://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/id.EX10010/qx/reviewpix.htm

2D6338CF-1F01-4EB8-A37A-B26BB94A85B4.jpeg

Ralph Nader almost got those Corvair taillights banned!!!!       :hysterical2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Awesome vid and great story...to bad Ken Miles was killed but Ford sure put it to Ferrari in the end...what a car the GT40 was and hearing it

makes me wonder just how it must have sounded near that track when all the cars were full bore racing...…….:worship: ….I can't believe they let

people drive one of the originals around like that.

Hey Keefer, when I was at the FORD, GT-40 reunion a ways back at Road America there was some original ones there, and let me tell you that they sounded really loud and very cool music to my ears!  Those bundle of snakes pipes give it a very unique sound and you know it’s a GT-40 once you heard it!   :thumbsup:        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith ....as James May said he was driving very carefully around in that  26 million pound Ferrari on the very narrow road in Europe. ...Ive been watched the gang in Top Gear ( BBC ) for a  ton of years. Very funny show with a ton of cool car stuff like the “ Stig “.All 3 can drive the wheels off any car they get behind. Oh and Richard Hammond ( guy on the far left ) loves old mustangs he owns a few over in Europe. 

A009FDC1-96D0-4BF4-A36C-83A5DE74FB74.jpeg

Cool car guys, drive cool cars.    :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Oh I know who they are I used to watch Top Gear religiously....still such a rare and important car in Fords racing history it would

be a shame if anything went wrong and with that I don't necessarily mean he'd smash it but it could catch fire or something stupid

like that....I guess it's nice to see it being driven and not in someone's private collection to be never seen or heard.

:thumbsup:+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...