mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, tell Tony the Tuna to stay put, I’ll be right there with my fillet knife, I just love tuna!!     :drool:

But "Tony the Tuna" was a mafia hit man...……:doh: 

:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, those Wisconsin boys, “The Ring Brothers” won their class at the SEMA Show with a 69 Camaro and now are in the top four for the battle of the builders.  This was posted by the Iola Car show on the Ring Brother’s facebook.      About two years ago at the Iola car show I got to see their custom wide body Mustang they built and it was awesome, these guys are really good and know what there doing.    If I remember right this year at Iola they had a really cool 50’s old style pickup they built.   There definitely not cheap, but there damn good at what they do!!        J.M.O.         Later guys!           :peelout:

Pics Goose?...…….love the 69 Camaros...…….:peelout:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah snow man pictures....:peelout: You getting above freezing today ? .:cold:  We had 35 this am. Too cold.

But 62 tomorrow’s high.  Over to Jeff’s for his birthday get together. He’s cooking and I’m drinking all his wine. ...:hysterical2:   Its free. :happyfeet:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, svtkeith said:

But "Tony the Tuna" was a mafia hit man...……:doh: 

:hysterical2:

Well, on second thought...  :whistling:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Sorry Keefer,  I don’t have any current pictures of their Camaro, but you might be able to see it on the Sema site.   :shrug:

15 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah snow man pictures....:peelout: You getting above freezing today ? .:cold:  We had 35 this am. Too cold.

But 62 tomorrow’s high.  Over to Jeff’s for his birthday get together. He’s cooking and I’m drinking all his wine. ...:hysterical2:   Its free. :happyfeet:

Hey Slo Lane, you’ll have a great time and birthday with your family and please drink some wine for me.  Were going to have a huge heat wave tomorrow with 35 degrees above zero, oh boy!!!!    :hysterical2:          P.S. Any-time you want to trade weather let me know.. :lol:

Hey all you car guys out there,  guess what happened today at the Sema Show??     The “Ring Brothers” out of Wisconsin won first place in the (Battle of the Builders) competition with their awesome 69 Camaro.    These guys are some of the best at what they do, which is simply, build really “Bitching Cars and Trucks”!!!      :peelout:

Later guys!                            Mongoose              

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey all you car guys out there,  guess what happened today at the Sema Show??     The “Ring Brothers” out of Wisconsin won first place in the (Battle of the Builders) competition with their awesome 69 Camaro.    These guys are some of the best at what they do, which is simply, build really “Bitching Cars and Trucks”!!!      :peelout:

Later guys!                            Mongoose              

Cool...they sure picked a great car to build...……..:peelout:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Cool...they sure picked a great car to build...……..:peelout:

:thumbsup:100% Agree!

Morning all. ....:reading: 

Here is a great read about one person’s  experience with the C8. It’s kind of the way I felt over the years . I guess that’s why I choose the Shelby option more often over the years. But this is a game changer now. Hope you enjoy  :dance:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-hater-to-believer-opinion/

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Speaking about the 69 camaro you guys ever heard about Big Red ?  I’ve been following these guys for many years. I’ll find a video and post it.

When I had my 502 Z/28 these guys sent me T shirts and hats and a signed hot rod magazine back 6 years ago. They thought my pro touring red camaro was kind of cool. Since then they have gone big time and posted a hell of a lot of records . These guys know their shit . 

This is just one of many videos on this amazing 69 Camaro ...sorry about the ad however 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

My big red 6 years ago. 502 GM crate motor FI . 5 speed all the necessary hardware and roll bar . Torque monster on the street . 

5B7E82F1-78C3-4781-8B27-5AACDF1B9F33.jpeg

47CAD752-132E-4621-9599-FD8DA1663173.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Hey Mongoose you putting up with this stuff. That’s a Z51 I wonder if they changed the summer only tires ?  It’s got manufacturers plates on . 

203EF9ED-6C8E-4178-BBAE-AE708F83B929.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is a great read about one person’s  experience with the C8. It’s kind of the way I felt over the years . I guess that’s why I choose the Shelby option more often over the years. But this is a game changer now. Hope you enjoy  :dance:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-hater-to-believer-opinion/

I agree with his C8 comments but don't agree with the C7 interior being bland...IMO the C7 int is far from bland.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Speaking about the 69 camaro you guys ever heard about Big Red ?  I’ve been following these guys for many years. I’ll find a video and post it.

When I had my 502 Z/28 these guys sent me T shirts and hats and a signed hot rod magazine back 6 years ago. They thought my pro touring red camaro was kind of cool. Since then they have gone big time and posted a hell of a lot of records . These guys know their shit . 

This is just one of many videos on this amazing 69 Camaro ...sorry about the ad however 

That one fast Camaro...…...love the colour and the wheels...…...:peelout:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

My big red 6 years ago. 502 GM crate motor FI . 5 speed all the necessary hardware and roll bar . Torque monster on the street . 

Beauty!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Mongoose you putting up with this stuff. That’s a Z51 I wonder if they changed the summer only tires ?  It’s got manufacturers plates on . 

Sacrilegious...…..:drop:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I agree with his C8 comments but don't agree with the C7 interior being bland...IMO the C7 int is far from bland.

Actually the C7 interior was a big step up in quality from the C6 IMO 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yes Sir!!...sure is...….:thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, just like anything on here it’s always open to discussion and people’s opinions too. So, with that said, yes the C8 is one hell of a performance car at a hell of a very reasonable price.  The Chevy Boys really hit the ball out of the park with this new mid-engine design and they used top notch quality materials and high-tech design in building this latest super-car.  I’m very happy for everyone that’s lucky enough to get one and for the Chevy Boys for a very successful launch of the C8.   To be honest, I do feel that the Chevy Boys let us long time die hard owners and fans down by not making a manual available to us all.   Like I said before, it’s really not always about being the fastest out there, it’s more about , like the saying goes:  “Enjoy the Ride”!!!     It’s just as simple as that, and that “Stick Shift” for us guys does it in “Spades”!!    :thumbsup:  I would also like to add that the latest C7 version of the ZO6 was and is a awesome car, but it was time for a different platform to handle the new power structure.    J.M.O. :peelout:

Hey bud, love the car, especially the color combo, almost as cool as “Hugger Orange”/ White Stripes”!!    :hysterical2:     One thing I was wondering about is how the hell does the driver of that beautiful car see over that huge scooped hood???     :shrug:    I remember seeing this cool video once before, but thanks for sharing it again....:thumbsup:

Hey, cool pics for sure!   Now you made me miss my old 69 Z-28.   :drop:           

Hey Slo Lane, tomorrow were suppose to get 2 to 4 inches of fluffy snow, boy are we lucky!    :drop:     I’d be curious just how good that C8 would be in the snow.   :shrug:

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

+1

That one fast Camaro...…...love the colour and the wheels...…...:peelout:

:peelout:

Beauty!!

:thumbsup:Right on!

12 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Sacrilegious...…..:drop:

Hey Keefer, years ago before I was married and lived at home I drove my 64 Black Corvette Coupe through one nasty winter.  When it was really cold out and I had to cross the railroad tracks by our house it nearly shook the teeth out of my mouth!!!!   :hysterical2:    Talk about a ruff ride...    :drop:     P.S. The 64 Vette was actually pretty good in the winter.

12 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup:+1