mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

It don’t matter to me...... I have three S197’s and love em. They fill the bill for me. 

I don’t need any of these overpriced, over engineeered cars. I will never drive it the way it was engineered anyway. My reflexes aren’t what they once were. I have no business driving one of em anymore.  

• Like 1

Hi Chris, I basically agree with you on the reflexes not being what they used to be and I too love my S197.    But, I'll have to admit that it sure would be fun to take one of these overpriced, over-engineered marvels for a very spirited drive!!!!!!!  LOL   :drool:

47 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

It don’t matter to me...... I have three S197’s and love em. They fill the bill for me. 

I don’t need any of these overpriced, over engineeered cars. I will never drive it the way it was engineered anyway. My reflexes aren’t what they once were. I have no business driving one of em anymore.  

Ahhhh ya WUSS!!

:hysterical:

• Like 2

Hey guys, lets just flip a coin and 2 out of 3  gets to drive!!!!!!     LOL.      :hysterical2: 

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, lets just flip a coin and 2 out of 3  gets to drive!!!!!!     LOL.      :hysterical2: 

Lets arm wrestle  instead.....you or BB may have a better chance of winning that way....:lurk:

• Like 1

Hey the next C8 really gets me excited about owning one. Since I was 21 when the ME corvette was first talked about it’s always been a dream. Its not the first ME car GM has built either. It’s not so much the technology because I’ve owned a 914/6 and a 308.

Chris here is were I agree with you about driving to one’s abilities. The other ME car I had was a 05 Ford GT. That car had it’s issues with driving fast. First there were no nannies at all. The ME layout had a real issue with it wanting to do a 360 in any gear under 4th. It’s the only car I’ve owned that I never did a WOT run through the gears. We have all seen Indy races in the past when professional race car drivers would spin on the green flag at Indy. Cold tires for sure ....but the Ford GT on those Goodyear’s always felt like cold tires. Check out the internet and see how many wrecked GT’s there are out there. Somewhere I read it’s 20% of them have some damage. 10% totaled. Lots out there for sale with a clouded history or no history but damage. 

For me It’s the marriage of corvette design with ME that’s got me excited. Waiting all these years is finally coming true. I’m sure this car will have all the nannies to keep us older guys out of the weeds. 

I never drive my current car to its limits on the streets. But I do enjoy on ramps and down shifts on country roads. I love the sound of a V/8 either at WOT or downshifting and the engine back firing. Rice crispy style “snap crackle and pop”. Yeah my reflexes aren’t what they used to be but my senses are and that fine with me. I also only drive it in sport mode and never take the nannies off ...ever !

Bring it on GM  

Later  :shift:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Lets arm wrestle  instead.....you or BB may have a better chance of winning that way....:lurk:

Drinking beer,Arm wrestling, and Drag Racing in that order used to be my forte!!!!!:)   I used to love to arm wrestle out in the bars and I have never lost!!!!:lurk:    P.S.   I think  a two out of three coin toss would be better!!!   LOL     :airquote:

9 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Drinking beer,Arm wrestling, and Drag Racing in that order used to be my forte!!!!!:)   I used to love to arm wrestle out in the bars and I have never lost!!!!:lurk:    P.S.   I think  a two out of three coin toss would be better!!!   LOL     :airquote:

No if you're a good arm wrestler I don't have a chance...so that's what we'll do and BB is one strong dude so my chances with you both

are not good!!............:whistling:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey the next C8 really gets me excited about owning one. Since I was 21 when the ME corvette was first talked about it’s always been a dream. Its not the first ME car GM has built either. It’s not so much the technology because I’ve owned a 914/6 and a 308.

Chris here is were I agree with you about driving to one’s abilities. The other ME car I had was a 05 Ford GT. That car had it’s issues with driving fast. First there were no nannies at all. The ME layout had a real issue with it wanting to do a 360 in any gear under 4th. It’s the only car I’ve owned that I never did a WOT run through the gears. We have all seen Indy races in the past when professional race car drivers would spin on the green flag at Indy. Cold tires for sure ....but the Ford GT on those Goodyear’s always felt like cold tires. Check out the internet and see how many wrecked GT’s there are out there. Somewhere I read it’s 20% of them have some damage. 10% totaled. Lots out there for sale with a clouded history or no history but damage. 

For me It’s the marriage of corvette design with ME that’s got me excited. Waiting all these years is finally coming true. I’m sure this car will have all the nannies to keep us older guys out of the weeds. 

I never drive my current car to its limits on the streets. But I do enjoy on ramps and down shifts on country roads. I love the sound of a V/8 either at WOT or downshifting and the engine back firing. Rice crispy style “snap crackle and pop”. Yeah my reflexes aren’t what they used to be but my senses are and that fine with me. I also only drive it in sport mode and never take the nannies off ...ever !

Bring it on GM  

I agree...just because the car is capable of going extremely fast doesn't mean one can or will try it it's just that feeling you get when

you know you're driving one of the fastest cars on the road...AND like you say there will be times you can and will try and feel that power

even if it's for a brief moment....I too get excited about any new car coming out as the next road king and I'm pretty sure the ME C8 will

fill that bill.

On a fast Vette note....The new C7 ZR1 just recorded a top speed in Germany of 212mph....it done 210 one way on the track and 214 the other

way so a certified 212mph overall......:shift:

• Like 1

Jay Leno got the new zr1  over 200. And that's why the c8 is a unicorn.  They have no reason to unseat the top performing zr1 for at least 3 years.

Edited by twobjshelbys
  • Like 1

SVT Keith......Cool and thanks for the info on the C7 ZR1. That car is about as far as GM can take it IMO. OMG 212 mph. Bragging rights Is what it’s all about and us car crazy people get to enjoy their hard work. Mopar, Ford and GM. Plus all the others makes that helped create this car crazy culture. It’s great to live in this period of time and have a little spending money to enjoy it. 5 and dime store for us big kids. My wife calls me a kid all the time. 

Just think of all the McLaren, Ferrari ,etc plus the C8 , Ford and Mopar products in the next 5 years you can buy used. It’s going to be crazy FUN !

Edited by mach 1 1970

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Bring it on GM  

Mike, if you like the thrill  of excitement and the adrenaline running full throttle, and all the "snap, crackle, and pop, and also the engine back-firing, plus the feel of almost losing it take my Harley Fat Boy out!  Go for a vigorous ride and get on it threw the gears and then downshifting to hear the awesome sound coming from the  Vance&Hines Big Shots custom exhaust!!!  But, you always have to remember that you only have two wheels under you and you don't have any fancy equipment like traction control to save your ass!!!  This can be very invigorating and satisfying at times if you know you and your bike's limits!!  But, to be honest the nicest rides are on the country back roads taking   it easy on a nice summer day enjoying all the country smells like fresh cut hay, wheat, corn or whatever.  So, in reality even though I would probably love to own one of these mid-engine Vettes , they'll probably be priced way out of my ballpark!  But, if I feel the need for speed or adrenaline pumping I still have my Fat Boy and my 2008 Shelby GT and also my Vette!!    Actually I feel pretty lucky to own those toys, they are all awesome to me!!!:yahoo:     Have a great day!:)

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

Mongoose...I forgot you also had a vette. Refresh my memory what year ?  Don’t tell me you have that 64 fI. 365 hp one. You are right you have the right combination of toys to enjoy those country roads. You forgot to mention Honeysuckle smell. Maybe that’s only in the south. I bet that Fat Boy:superhero: is a ball with the wind rushing by you and your better half. Take her out for a moon light ride .

Your description reminds of Jim Nabors song. “ back home in Indiana”  too bad He is no longer with us. I always loved hearing him sign that at the Indy 500. As a kid I was thrilled with that race and still am today. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

SVT Keith......Cool and thanks for the info on the C7 ZR1. That car is about as far as GM can take it IMO. OMG 212 mph. Bragging rights Is what it’s all about and us car crazy people get to enjoy their hard work. Mopar, Ford and GM. Plus all the others makes that helped create this car crazy culture. It’s great to live in this period of time and have a little spending money to enjoy it. 5 and 10 cents store for us big kids. My wife calls me a kid all the time. 

Just think of all the McLaren, Ferrari ,etc plus the C8 , Ford and Mopar products in the next 5 years you can buy used. It’s going to be crazy FUN !

Well said and totally agree FUN times in the car world ahead!!!!!.............:banvictory:

6 hours ago, svtkeith said:

No if you're a good arm wrestler I don't have a chance...so that's what we'll do and BB is one strong dude so my chances with you both

are not good!!............:whistling:

Do NOT let SRT Keith bullshyt ya.....this is a pic of him in his basement. :drop:

6DA67898-A48E-493A-9A77-45BD3931254C.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose...I forgot you also had a vette. Refresh my memory what year ?  Don’t tell me you have that 64 fI. 365 hp one. You are right you have the right combination of toys to enjoy those country roads. You forgot to mention Honeysuckle smell. Maybe that’s only in the south. I bet that Fat Boy:superhero: is a ball with the wind rushing by you and your better half. Take her out for a moon light ride .

Your description reminds of Jim Nabors song. “ back home in Indiana”  too bad He is no longer with us. I always loved hearing him sign that at the Indy 500. As a kid I was thrilled with that race and still am today. 

Hey Mike, I too enjoyed Jim Nabor's singing that song at the Indy 500, and he will be missed!  And, no I don't have that same 64 Sting Ray, but I do have another 64 Sting Ray that's an original fuelie car with the original block and it's Silver-Blue.   I'm running after market knock-offs rims and a 4spd. Hurst, fiber-glass x-duty leaf spring and stock exhausts.  I had the engine gone through and it is now pushing more than 400H.P.  with a 600 Holley on top!    When I bought this 64 way back in 1988 it didn't come with the fuel-injection unit.  A few years later I bought the right Fuel-injection unit for it.  The guy that I bought it from said it used to be on a very high-dollar street rod and that is why it is chromed and polished!   I know in a judged show that finish isn't correct, but I don't really care because it is very stunning to look at!  So, I keep the Vette carburated and I use the cool Fuelie as a display!   You might just get a kick out of this: we use to display the Fuelie unit sitting inside the 100th Anniversary Ford Wagon!!!!   LOL  P.S. Blame my wife she started this!       P.S.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but a moon light ride with my better-half will never happen!    Yes, my wife did buy me the Harley for my 55th birthday and she also got her license and even her own bike!  But, this is now and that was back then before more and more people are getting killed and some are losing limbs ect.  She sold her bike a few years back and she says she's not interested in riding with me because it is to dangerous out there!  I literally have to beg her to even consider a ride in the country on the bike, and she used to really enjoy that!   So, as far as bike rides go with the better-half it really sucks to be me!!!!!:(

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

1 hour ago, BIKEBOY said:

Do NOT let SRT Keith bullshyt ya.....this is a pic of him in his basement. :drop:

6DA67898-A48E-493A-9A77-45BD3931254C.jpeg

You guys are absolutely hilarious!!!!! LOL:kookie:That guy looks alot like a good friend of mine when we were young and foolish!

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

You guys are absolutely hilarious!!!!! LOL:kookie:That guy looks alot like a good friend of mine when we were young and foolish!

But that guy in that pic was 57 and foolish!!..........:hysterical:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Mike, I too enjoyed Jim Nabor's singing that song at the Indy 500, and he will be missed!  And, no I don't have that same 64 Sting Ray, but I do have another 64 Sting Ray that's an original fuelie car with the original block and it's Silver-Blue.   I'm running after market knock-offs rims and a 4spd. Hurst, fiber-glass x-duty leaf spring and stock exhausts.  I had the engine gone through and it is now pushing more than 400H.P.  with a 600 Holley on top!    When I bought this 64 way back in 1988 it didn't come with the fuel-injection unit.  A few years later I bought the right Fuel-injection unit for it.  The guy that I bought it from said it used to be on a very high-dollar street rod and that is why it is chromed and polished!   I know in a judged show that finish isn't correct, but I don't really care because it is very stunning to look at!  So, I keep the Vette carburated and I use the cool Fuelie as a display!   You might just get a kick out of this: we use to display the Fuelie unit sitting inside the 100th Anniversary Ford Wagon!!!!   LOL  P.S. Blame my wife she started this!       P.S.  I'm sorry to tell you this, but a moon light ride with my better-half will never happen!    Yes, my wife did buy me the Harley for my 55th birthday and she also got her license and even her own bike!  But, this is now and that was back then before more and more people are getting killed and some are losing limbs ect.  She sold her bike a few years back and she says she's not interested in riding with me because it is to dangerous out there!  I literally have to beg her to even consider a ride in the country on the bike, and she used to really enjoy that!   So, as far as bike rides go with the better-half it really sucks to be me!!!!!:(

Later!

"MONGOOSE"      :peelout:

Post a picture of your 64 Vette Mongoos?.................:camera:

• Like 1

Mule out and about. 

8A231CAE-F962-4E4F-90EB-F41CE1AC358D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mule out and about. 

What’s the car in front of it??? :lurk:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

But that guy in that pic was 57 and foolish!!..........:hysterical:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

They are just taking the test mule out for a quick cruise and a stop by the local barber shop to get their mullets touched up.........

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mule out and about. 

Good catch thanks for sharing this.......:thumbsup:

That's hilarious Chris!  Keep the pot a stirring!!!!!!! LOL:stirpot::hysterical:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"    :peelout:

That Porsche looks like an old 90's car next to that Vette!

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

That Porsche looks like an old 90's car next to that Vette!

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. :cool:

Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. :cool:

That 911 design came out in the 60’s. They tried to change it with the 928. Then the 944. It has stood the test of time :rating:

Just no longer air cooled. I had a 911 SC and went off the road almost backwards. Yes I lifted in a corner. :rant2:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That 911 design came out in the 60’s. They tried to change it with the 928. Then the 944. It has stood the test of time :rating:

Just no longer air cooled. I had a 911 SC and went off the road almost backwards. Yes I lifted in a corner. :rant2:

Ford or GM couldn't get away with that, they would be heavily criticized. I wouldn't want to buy an old-looking car that has never changed its basic design since the 60's. Not talking about retro. 

Blame it on the tires, Mike! 

Edited by Secondo
  • Like 1