mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

2 hours ago, carnut12 said:

The Jeep is gone, I have a new Ram 1500 Limited as my daily now, by the way it blows away the F-150, absolutely no comparison.  Ram is smoking GM/Ford and picking up well deserved market share.

I visited the CT auto show in November. I noticed the very high quality fit and finish and interior luxury of the Ram trucks. The Ford Raptor and Lariat F350 at the show weren't far behind. The GM offerings were by far lacking by comparison, my opinion. 

23 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I don’t know maybe a time of the year to be a little more tolerable toward others .Maybe time spent with your family or friends. Just maybe a time to set back and evaluate yourself a bit. Just a thought that’s all ....:shrug:

I do that all year.  What makes this time of year special?

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

I do that all year.  What makes this time of year special?

Santa Claus ....:hysterical2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got this from another forum and it sums it up for me 

To anyone that doubted this cars REWRITING of the sports car industry , be prepared for more awards and accolades once this car hits the streets. You will be hearing from the most hardened European sports cars fans positive feedback consistently guaranteed. There simply isnt ANYTHING LIKE THIS CAR OR EVEN CLOSE TO LIKE THIS CAR for the price GM is asking. The people that have nit picked every last aspect of this car down to the ball joints will be singing a different tune once they have experienced the C8. To those WHO KNEW what they were looking at during the presentation, you will STILL be amazed at all the C8 offers GUARANTEED. To the detractors of Chevy small block tech, i really feel sorry that you still dont understand how vital this engines character and reliability is to a ME platform. These award shows will continue until something close appears in the future.

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is speed phenom ( the 2020 GT 500 guy ). Riding in a C8  This young guy has a super snake , GT350R and a 2020 Shelby GT500  paid msrp  and a 2020 Shelby GT 500 track pack on order for $2500 over sticker . I’m starting to like his videos. This car certainly draws a crowd and why not it’s amazing ....:happyfeet:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Secondo said:

I visited the CT auto show in November. I noticed the very high quality fit and finish and interior luxury of the Ram trucks. The Ford Raptor and Lariat F350 at the show weren't far behind. The GM offerings were by far lacking by comparison, my opinion. 

Agreed GM is a distant 3rd IMO.  I thought about the Raptor, but in the end I couldn't pass up the value of the Ram.  I picked it up when Ram was doing 25% off, you can tell they really want to take market share.  Truck buyers are the most loyal in the industry, time will tell if the incentive advantage they provide pays off.  I got a $71K truck (I know it is crazy what these go for these days, but they are incredibly nice) for like $54K.  The Raptor was $73K and the most they were taking off was $5500.  The Ram drove much better for a Daily and it had significantly more options.

13 hours ago, carnut12 said:

The Jeep is gone, I have a new Ram 1500 Limited as my daily now, by the way it blows away the F-150, absolutely no comparison.  Ram is smoking GM/Ford and picking up well deserved market share.

Couldn't agree with you more Cnut....RAM since 09 has been head over heels better than Ford or Chev...drive them back to back and it's very obvious

I had a 10 and now a 14 Laramie and they ride like a dream and the new one is even a step above my 14....back in the day we had Chev Dodge and Fords

for our company work trucks and it didn't take long to go all in with Dodge...that Cummins diesel is by far the best engine built in any truck.

Edited by svtkeith
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is speed phenom ( the 2020 GT 500 guy ). Riding in a C8  This young guy has a super snake , GT350R and a 2020 Shelby GT500  paid msrp  and a 2020 Shelby GT 500 track pack on order for $2500 over sticker . I’m starting to like his videos. This car certainly draws a crowd and why not it’s amazing ....:happyfeet:

This young fella I've been following on youtube for some time now...he's sure enjoying his life and got some awesome cars his SS GT500 has 1000hp

Mach he has a C8 on order...he's got a video where he's in a GM dealer putting in his order...kudos to him he says it as it is also.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup:  “We believe in Santa Claus”!!      :hysterical2:

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I got this from another forum and it sums it up for me 

To anyone that doubted this cars REWRITING of the sports car industry , be prepared for more awards and accolades once this car hits the streets. You will be hearing from the most hardened European sports cars fans positive feedback consistently guaranteed. There simply isnt ANYTHING LIKE THIS CAR OR EVEN CLOSE TO LIKE THIS CAR for the price GM is asking. The people that have nit picked every last aspect of this car down to the ball joints will be singing a different tune once they have experienced the C8. To those WHO KNEW what they were looking at during the presentation, you will STILL be amazed at all the C8 offers GUARANTEED. To the detractors of Chevy small block tech, i really feel sorry that you still dont understand how vital this engines character and reliability is to a ME platform. These award shows will continue until something close appears in the future.

:thumbsup:Can’t wait till the C8 hits the tracks and the street scene, the Chevy Boys have got a real winner in this one, and every one knows it!     :peelout:

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Mach maybe you got your in time if this is true.

:thumbsup::peelout:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

This young fella I've been following on youtube for some time now...he's sure enjoying his life and got some awesome cars his SS GT500 has 1000hp

Mach he has a C8 on order...he's got a video where he's in a GM dealer putting in his order...kudos to him he says it as it is also.

Give the “The Kid” a kudos!!!!    :hysterical2:

12 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Mach maybe you got your in time if this is true.

Keith not sure how valid the information is about GM losing money on the base car . It takes years of sales to recoup the total cost involved in bringing a new model to market. That’s why having an engine already developed like the LT2 helps offset cost. Plus the size of GM with its large engineering staff and it’s buying power keeps cost down. If the corvette was a stand alone company the base car would certainly cost much more.  We shall see how much increases there are in the future .You can bet if the sales continue to be strong there won’t be any need for discounts. The Corvette is one the best profit model for GM . That’s why it survived the bankruptcy back in 2009. Remember Pontiac and Saturn ...:shrug:

On the flip side at least most buyers are not paying ADMs for their C8. I know I didn’t and plan on using my GM card earnings money. In late February GM gives a bonus of $2000 on top of your earnings. They have done this for the past 3 years .Fingers crossed and from what I heard the new corvette is eligible. Plus the tax saving on my trade will help with cost. ....:happyfeet:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith not sure how valid the information is about GM losing money on the base car . It takes years of sales to recoup the total cost involved in bringing a new model to market. That’s why having an engine already developed like the LT2 helps offset cost. Plus the size of GM with its large engineering staff and it’s buying power keeps cost down. If the corvette was a stand alone company the base car would certainly cost much more.  We shall see how much increases there are in the future .You can bet if the sales continue to be strong there won’t be any need for discounts. The Corvette is one the best profit model for GM . That’s why it survived the bankruptcy back in 2009. Remember Pontiac and Saturn ...:shrug:

On the flip side at least most buyers are not paying ADMs for their C8. I know I didn’t and plan on using my GM card earnings money. In late February GM gives a bonus of $2000 on top of your earnings. They have done this for the past 3 years .Fingers crossed and from what I heard the new corvette is eligible. Plus the tax saving on my trade will help with cost. ....:happyfeet:

Agreed....Oh you can bet it's going to be a hot seller...just go on any youtuber that was strictly Ford or Dodge guys and a lot either went and ordered

a C8 to add to the stable or changed brands altogether.....No ADM at my local GM dealer either because I already inquired about the C8 Z06....:peelout:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Agreed....Oh you can bet it's going to be a hot seller...just go on any youtuber that was strictly Ford or Dodge guys and a lot either went and ordered

a C8 to add to the stable or changed brands altogether.....No ADM at my local GM dealer either because I already inquired about the C8 Z06....:peelout:

Yep and BMW , Porsche , jaguar and other foreign makes . Even the Ferrari guy who might be fed up with all the cost of owning one.

It’s a game changer for sure. I feel like I did when I got  my Ford GT and 308 Ferrari back in 1978. Exited as hell and can’t wait to take delivery.

Too bad the strike took place or might have had it in late January. Those factory workers at BGA from what I hear are very proud of their work. It’s an honor to work at that plant. I for one respect their work . They have a road course and museum on the same grounds. Even a factory tour and watch your car be built and take delivery at the museum. Or have them take pictures of your car actually being built. Cool stuff I’ve never done. That why they have such a Hugh fan base. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sure.  Creepy old guy getting kids to sit on his lap for candy.  Yeah, he's someone we need around more often.

39 minutes ago, DrHawkeye said:

Sure.  Creepy old guy getting kids to sit on his lap for candy.  Yeah, he's someone we need around more often.

Boy I’m starting to worry about you Hawk....:hysterical:

If the Santa looks creepy stay away. So you take kids to see Santa :shrug:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yep and BMW , Porsche , jaguar and other foreign makes . Even the Ferrari guy who might be fed up with all the cost of owning one.

It’s a game changer for sure. I feel like I did when I got  my Ford GT and 308 Ferrari back in 1978. Exited as hell and can’t wait to take delivery.

Too bad the strike took place or might have had it in late January. Those factory workers at BGA from what I hear are very proud of their work. It’s an honor to work at that plant. I for one respect their work . They have a road course and museum on the same grounds. Even a factory tour and watch your car be built and take delivery at the museum. Or have them take pictures off your car actually being built. Cool stuff I’ve never done. That why they have such a Hugh fan base. 

True that some expensive exotic owners are liking the C8....I don't blame you to be excited it's a totally different Vette from any other before.

Will you be going to the BGA factory to watch or take delivery?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I think you meant Ole sleepy Uncle Joe...…….:hysterical::hysterical:

19 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup: Mr. Lucky, strikes again!!

18 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Hey Keefer, did the dealer ask you for a I.D.!!!!!     :hysterical2:

17 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Too bad the strike took place or might have had it in late January. Those factory workers at BGA from what I hear are very proud of their work. It’s an honor to work at that plant. I for one respect their work . They have a road course and museum on the same grounds. Even a factory tour and watch your car be built and take delivery at the museum. Or have them take pictures of your car actually being built. Cool stuff I’ve never done. That why they have such a Hugh fan base. 

:salute: Sounds like a winner!

14 hours ago, svtkeith said:

True that some expensive exotic owners are liking the C8....I don't blame you to be excited it's a totally different Vette from any other before.

Hey Keefer, I think he’d like to really go, but I hope he remembers to take his “Drooling Towel” with him!!!    :hysterical2:    :hide:         I couldn’t help myself!  :shrug:

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, did the dealer ask you for a I.D.!!!!!     :hysterical2:

He didn't need one...I was on America's most wanted and posted on the wall at every post office in Canada...…...:hysterical2:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Nope I’m a cheap skate.  .....:spiteful:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

He didn't need one...I was on America's most wanted and posted on the wall at every post office in Canada...…...:hysterical2:

Keith .....alias Bernie  .....:hysterical:

FD0EEED5-8D00-4CAC-8BF9-7F99C00AE883.png

Edited by mach 1 1970