mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Thanks Keefer!  Randy is the main man, and he does it again!   There both two great cars for sure!

Yup Goose... I believe him testing cars over anyone.. he's none bias and honest and one hell of a driver......:peelout:

Here are the actual numbers comparing the C8 to the 2020 Shelby GT500 and the Shelby GT 500 with the $18K track pack. 

You  put cup 2 tires on the C8 I’m sure the comparison would be another 4 seconds off for the C8.lap times . Both cars are pretty amazing. However the Shelby in a race would pit for gas every 25 laps compared to 35 laps for the C8  that’s how much more gas a  776 hp needs to push around a 4200 lb car VS 3500 lb car with 495 hp  

Look at all the acceleration times. The C8 would beat even the track pack Shelby on the street where most people do their driving. $95K vs $65K  that’s with no ADMs  fellas  

8B5EA40F-6912-4922-BA0D-5EEA96D99C58.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

That chart is irrelevant since the production C8 hasn't been released yet to the public. Not buying Chevy's propaganda like you guys. Looking forward to a real test of a production C8. Even then, the GT500's true competition is the Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye. You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Edit: And those GT500 times are way too slow and have been proven since the car has been released to the public. 0-60 3.3 1/4 10.61. 

It also takes 665HP to push a 3647lb car to 2.8 0-60. 

Edited by Secondo

19 minutes ago, Secondo said:

That chart is irrelevant since the production C8 hasn't been released yet to the public. Not buying Chevy's propaganda like you guys. Looking forward to a real test of a production C8. Even then, the GT500's true competition is the Camaro ZL1 and Challenger Hellcat Redeye. You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Edit: And those GT500 times are way too slow and have been proven since the car has been released to the public. 0-60 3.3 1/4 10.61. 

Yeah I got to believe this as accurate... after all the calculator has all the street.. track.. air and temps... tire compounds.. suspension

set ups built in it...so yeah this beats Randy's tests...……...:confused:

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

We didn’t do this test MT did with Randy Pobst  

I keep telling you that these cars being tested are made on the assembly line with the identical parts that are being used as I post. Just like your computer the car will be updated using the iCloud. These updates will be used to fine tune the engine ,trans and ride control as needed. It’s possible the car you buy might get an update to make it even faster ...not slower. Now do you get it ? 

Edited by mach 1 1970

An M/T test on a preproduction Chevy with numbers that don't mathematically add up even with Randy driving means nothing to me. We shall see when the public starts getting their cars. Until then, posting charts by these "tests" mean nothing. Especially ones with a GT500 posting over half a second slower 1/4 mile times. :rtfm:

:boring:

7 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yup Goose... I believe him testing cars over anyone.. he's none bias and honest and one hell of a driver......:peelout:

:thumbsup:+1         :peelout:

52 minutes ago, Secondo said:

An M/T test on a preproduction Chevy with numbers that don't mathematically add up even with Randy driving means nothing to me. We shall see when the public starts getting their cars. Until then, posting charts by these "tests" mean nothing. Especially ones with a GT500 posting over half a second slower 1/4 mile times. :rtfm:

Ok so when the so called “ production cars “ hit the street and they are a full second faster in the 1/4 will you believe those results. Because that just might happen with some additional tuning. Soooo ..stay tuned no pun intended. ......:hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970

4 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Ok so when the so called “ production cars “ hit the street and they are a full second faster in the 1/4 will you believe those results. Because that just might happen with some additional tuning. Soooo ..stay tuned no pun intended. ......:hysterical2:

:shrug:    :banghead:      :hysterical2:

6 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I look forward to the results either way!

The Exclusive Motor Spend test with Randy Pobst:

"We test the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette with Chevy's engineering team"

:hysterical2:

Just some facts about OTA   The old adage don’t buy a first year model might not matter anymore with OTA 

The 2020 Corvette C8 is currently the cutting-edge of the iconic sports car nameplate, offering customers the very latest performance technology that GM can muster. Obviously, The General has vested interest in keeping the new mid-engine Corvette at the forefront of technology offerings within this highly competitive segment, and that’s made easier thanks to the C8’s new over-the-air update capability.

For those who may be unaware, the 2020 Corvette runs GM’s latest Global B electrical architecture, which acts as the vehicle’s digital “nervous system.” Global B was first unveiled in the 2020 Cadillac CT5 sedan, and offers a host of benefits over previous electrical architectures, including greater connectivity and data processing power, among others. Global B will be the system of choice for all future GM models going forward, including the 2020 Corvette.

On the connectivity front, Global B offers the convenience of over-the-air updates, or vehicle software updates downloaded via an active Internet connection. This allows customers to enjoy the latest features and system improvements, all without physically bringing their vehicle in for service.

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 12/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, svtkeith said:

I agree...two great cars pick your poison...plus it matters not who tracks them or not if they give you pleasure just owning one that's good enough..

heck my garage in attached to my house and sometimes during a winter storm I love going in there turning the heat up and waxing the ZR1...I did

the same with the Trans Am...Termie..GT500..and so on...…..Oh but I still have a bet with Tim that I will win by the way!!….:hysterical:

I bet your wife loves paying those $350 heating bills while you are putting on your 3rd wax job. ......:hysterical2:  kind of funny I do the same identical thing. Sometimes I spend more time in the garage then our den / TV room . My wife says when are you and bailey coming in ?   SOON.  

Edited by mach 1 1970

7 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I bet your wife loves paying those $350 heating bills while you are putting on your 3rd wax job. ......:hysterical2:  kind of funny I do the same identical thing. Sometimes I spend more time in the garage then our den / TV room . My wife says when are you and bailey coming in ?   SOON.  

She says is worth double that as long a I'm out of her way!!!...……..:hysterical2:

43 minutes ago, Secondo said:

I look forward to the results either way!

The Exclusive Motor Spend test with Randy Pobst:

"We test the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette with Chevy's engineering team"

5 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Right, that C8 test put me to sleep, too!! :yup:

Keith

Yeah bailey and I spend a lot of time out here. No TV either. But music 🎶 Stays about 55 in the winter attached to the house actually two sides. Old fashion screen door to the house during the summer nights 

70B28F86-5884-4EC9-B597-49C1BE81DBB1.jpeg

B42C9E21-FE15-4F50-9EBE-CA6E729B3575.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

31 minutes ago, Secondo said:

That's a GM article, right? :hysterical2:

No I think it’s a FoMoCo bulletin  :hysterical:Bill Fords email account. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 minute ago, mach 1 1970 said:

No I think it’s a FoMoCo bulletin 

Exactly. :boring:

25 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah bailey and I spend a lot of time out here. No TV either. But music 🎶 Stays about 55 in the winter attached to the house actually two sides. Old fashion screen door to the house during the summer nights 

BB83E49B-4726-4645-AAD7-77FB5DBB858A.jpeg

Looking nice, GT350 too! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Looking nice, GT350 too! :thumbsup:

😋

On 12/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Mongoose said:

Hi Jim!  I like your reply and I hope Santa Claus brings you a new 2020 GT500, that would be really cool in my book!  It’s definitely a very cool car for sure!   :peelout:

😎

18 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

😎

:thumbsup:     :peelout:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:whistling:

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

She says is worth double that as long a I'm out of her way!!!...……..:hysterical2:

Hey Keefer, now that’s funny, but my wife agrees with her!!!      :shrug:    :hysterical2:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith

Welcome to Slo Lane’s “Toy Box”!!!!   :banvictory:      Pretty cool stuff!     

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

😋

It’s so dark in your garage that I thought you had black wheels on that Shelby!!    Oops!   :hide:        :hysterical2:

4 hours ago, Secondo said:

Right, that C8 test put me to sleep, too!! :yup:

Sounds to me you've been asleep a long time.....:talkhand:

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith

Yup I love doing that on stormy nights...I keep my garage at 55f all winter but bump it up to 68-70f a half hour before I go out there

to wax the car...not near as fancy as your garage but comfortable and clean....hell if I throw a rag on the car it'll slip right off now...:hysterical:

Hey mach 1, Slo Lane , or Mr, Lucky, this is for you!   It was found on “Barn Finds” and it’s now on ebay and I know you love the 70 Mach 1 and especially rare ones so here ya go bud!   :lol:    Enjoy the pics!       Later Mr. Lucky!    :peelout:

IMG_2681__1576716158_57190.jpg

IMG_2692_2__1576715963_44992.jpg

IMG_2693__1576715879_90468.jpg

IMG_2694__1576715780_79337.jpg

IMG_2695__1576715629_86585.jpg

IMG_2696__1576715421_42937.jpg

7 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Sounds to me you've been asleep a long time.....:talkhand: