mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

5 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Tim, your a true blue Ford guy and that’s cool, but please keep a open mind because were car guys, yes we love our performance cars, Mustangs, Shelbys, Corvettes and also some others too. We really like both the C8 and GT500 too and just want to have fun talking cars and stuff with our fellow enthusiasts and we expect to be treated and talked to with respect and dignity by fellow members as we will return the same back.  Us guys never go looking for trouble because were all adults and not little kids and we don’t like name calling or being disrespected either were all suppose to be “Team Members” of Team Shelby.   Yes, at times we’ll have differences in our opinions but if handled the way and not disrespected by others that can be cool too!   Were here trying to have fun with other car guys that feel like us, and in no way looking to make waves with other members, it’s just that simple.  So why is it still going on you say?    Very simple really, some just don’t like us having fun and talking cars, especially the new C8, they just can’t stop till they get their way!    If you keep a open mind and go back and read alot of our past posts you should be able to see were not the bad guys, but I will say   that some of the posts they put on many of the words or meanings were greatly twisted to sound in their favor and put down us car guys.  Example, is one that says were always putting down Ford cars and such, and nothing can be farther from the truth.  Hell, I own and love my 08 Shelby GT and also my Vette too, why not were car guys!   Yes, I did make one comment on the new Ford electric vehicle that they named the Mustang because I didn’t feel that vehicle deserved the legendary name of Mustang.  I felt it should be used on a performance Mustang car instead and I know that I wasn’t alone by a long shot on my feelings.   So, I don’t think that makes me a hater of Fords.  If Chevy would try something like that with the Corvette name I would feel exactly the same.

Hey Tim, don’t you think it’s time to put a stop to all this kiddie (Bull Sh**t)!    None of us enjoy this crap and it’s past time to stop this happening!    It really shouldn’t come down to whether your a Ford guy or a Chevy or Vette or Dodge guy or whatever. Every member should deserve to be treated by other members with respect no matter what vehicle they own and no kind of bullying should be tolerated by any member from another member.  This should be adapted to the rules and terms using the Shelby forums in the near future so this kind of stupid stuff doesn’t happen in the future again!    Also, don’t like some one or subject, very simple ignore or move on, simple isn’t it, I know, but they don’t want too!   :banghead:        J.M.O.        Any-time Tim!     Your welcome!             :peelout:    That’s all I have for you Tim!     

Mongoose there is one Chevy I’m not a fan of and it’s the Vega. On the ford side it’s the pinto. Thank God those cars are no longer on the road. So call me a hater if you must . .....:hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970

8 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey, like I said, you are Mr. Lucky, if you don’t believe ask Bonnie!!   :)

I did and she said .....yah sure ...whatever you say  ......:headscratch:

Edited by mach 1 1970

Upcoming Maisto Die-Cast Model: 2020 Corvette C8 @1:18 Scale   Z 51 in red :happyfeet:

E75DC59C-D260-438F-AE00-84EBA7C8200C.jpeg

BA956D4B-4BD6-4C66-99FA-AAFCDFEAF8F0.jpeg

C77D3545-ECB1-4C8F-8217-88A266DB6A60.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Howdy! I thought I might relate my track day experiences with you all. I was on the forum quite a bit in 2006-2014. I bought CSM 07SGT0471 was tracking my SGT (and learning from instructors in that car whenever I could) and then had Bud and the boys make it a SGT/SC. I passed a lot of cars with that car, a Ferrari mechanic friend and I prepped it further with a few easy tricks to make it a reliable track car, no overheating etc... I sold it in 2014 with 28k miles on it with the stock clutch still in it. I then went to a C7 Z51 and tracked that and went through the Corvette driving school at Spring Mountain. I could drive that car at Spring Mountain as fast as the instructors could. Then I went to a 2016 C7 ZO6 that car I found to be a handful in fast street driving and at the drag strip (I also 1/4 mile tracked all these cars) the Z just was a total bitch to hook up on the PSS tires. Tried all the tricks. Car had too much power for the tires. After a little more than a year with this beautiful and fun as all get out C7, I got a 991.2 911S, a PDK car. Now if you want to haul serious ass at a track day this is the car it has 4 wheel steering and the right packages to do so. I can drive this car faster around tracks I have driven the other cars at way faster, the thing is insane. It is the first car I have ever had that I can literally shred a set of tires in one track day. The chassis is that good. I have an old school race informed alignment shop set up the specs so it is not that kind of problem, the car is dialed.Tire Rack is my friend. I am relating all of this to say the reason for the mid engine Vette C8 is performance pure and simple, the most powerful C7 was beyond the max performance of that architecture, in fact my also very well informed car friend opted for a Grand Sport C7 after being around my ZO6 for awhile, the Z was nuts, the GS was the sweet spot. One launch in a PDK 911 with the launch control on and I did not even consider a manual car. And I made it a mission to find one to buy. And I hate automatics. I can heel toe everything I have driven since my 1958 MGA when I was 16. The PDK is almost like a mindreader, on the track it is insane, you do not even think about it, the Germans engineer things to the max. The build quality is insane everything is perfection. Will I trade for a C8? Everyone I know in my car hobby travels is asking me. I am uncertain, I need to see a C8 and drive one, that is how I wound up with a PDK 911. If Chevy can build an auto 95 percent like a PDK in performance and the car does the numbers it says it will be one hell of a car. Period. But I know that Porsche published times by Porsche are conservative in nature compared to magazine and observed times.  I am not seeing enough difference in specs to make me want to ditch my 911 yet. Plus having owned 2 Vettes I can say that the amount of attention they get driving them around is a bit much at times both good and bad. The 911 is a nice looking Porsche and beautiful but it is understated and most people have no idea how fast it is, way less attention.  My two cents on the C8.The other overlooked but obvious point is that learning to drive properly and often on a track is the best performance upgrade you can do, besides losing 25 lbs. I regularly passed 911's in my SGT/SC. And I regularly pass GT3's in my Carrera S. Also PSS 4s is the tires you want these days, they rule. In the end I think that the car is less important than the driver. Gary Patterson really taught me that lesson, after he passed me in the prototype SGT on track whenI was running my SGT/SC, I could not pass him or ride his bumper, keep up sort of, but man that guy can drive. I am happy to be back into the Shelby fold with my newly acquired KR, 09KR0045. Meanwhile my track toy will remain the 911S. 

2 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Howdy! I thought I might relate my track day experiences with you all. I was on the forum quite a bit in 2006-2014. I bought CSM 07SGT0471 was tracking my SGT (and learning from instructors in that car whenever I could) and then had Bud and the boys make it a SGT/SC. I passed a lot of cars with that car, a Ferrari mechanic friend and I prepped it further with a few easy tricks to make it a reliable track car, no overheating etc... I sold it in 2014 with 28k miles on it with the stock clutch still in it. I then went to a C7 Z51 and tracked that and went through the Corvette driving school at Spring Mountain. I could drive that car at Spring Mountain as fast as the instructors could. Then I went to a 2016 C7 ZO6 that car I found to be a handful in fast street driving and at the drag strip (I also 1/4 mile tracked all these cars) the Z just was a total bitch to hook up on the PSS tires. Tried all the tricks. Car had too much power for the tires. After a little more than a year with this beautiful and fun as all get out C7, I got a 991.2 911S, a PDK car. Now if you want to haul serious ass at a track day this is the car it has 4 wheel steering and the right packages to do so. I can drive this car faster around tracks I have driven the other cars at way faster, the thing is insane. It is the first car I have ever had that I can literally shred a set of tires in one track day. The chassis is that good. I have an old school race informed alignment shop set up the specs so it is not that kind of problem, the car is dialed.Tire Rack is my friend. I am relating all of this to say the reason for the mid engine Vette C8 is performance pure and simple, the most powerful C7 was beyond the max performance of that architecture, in fact my also very well informed car friend opted for a Grand Sport C7 after being around my ZO6 for awhile, the Z was nuts, the GS was the sweet spot. One launch in a PDK 911 with the launch control on and I did not even consider a manual car. And I made it a mission to find one to buy. And I hate automatics. I can heel toe everything I have driven since my 1958 MGA when I was 16. The PDK is almost like a mindreader, on the track it is insane, you do not even think about it, the Germans engineer things to the max. The build quality is insane everything is perfection. Will I trade for a C8? Everyone I know in my car hobby travels is asking me. I am uncertain, I need to see a C8 and drive one, that is how I wound up with a PDK 911. If Chevy can build an auto 95 percent like a PDK in performance and the car does the numbers it says it will be one hell of a car. Period. But I know that Porsche published times by Porsche are conservative in nature compared to magazine and observed times.  I am not seeing enough difference in specs to make me want to ditch my 911 yet. Plus having owned 2 Vettes I can say that the amount of attention they get driving them around is a bit much at times both good and bad. The 911 is a nice looking Porsche and beautiful but it is understated and most people have no idea how fast it is, way less attention.  My two cents on the C8.The other overlooked but obvious point is that learning to drive properly and often on a track is the best performance upgrade you can do, besides losing 25 lbs. I regularly passed 911's in my SGT/SC. And I regularly pass GT3's in my Carrera S. Also PSS 4s is the tires you want these days, they rule. In the end I think that the car is less important than the driver. Gary Patterson really taught me that lesson, after he passed me in the prototype SGT on track whenI was running my SGT/SC, I could not pass him or ride his bumper, keep up sort of, but man that guy can drive. I am happy to be back into the Shelby fold with my newly acquired KR, 09KR0045. Meanwhile my track toy will remain the 911S. 

Great read and welcome back. Stick around for awhile at least until the C8 hits the streets . I to have owned a 08 KR and a SGT. When they first came out they were the talk of the town for sure. As far as Porsche goes had a 78 911SC. With that tail happy as usual driving experience in the corners. Of course I leaned my lesson real fast. Tadge  has said he grew up in a Porsche family and was very much aware of the handling concerns. He was fearful the C8 might have the same fate and was relieved with the final results. My 05 Ford GT was a bitch to drive fast. It had the quick snap rear end problem without warning. No nannies and a lot of them have been wrecked which isn’t talked about much. Never wrecked mine because I was fearful of the WOT behavior. That car was not meant for the average Joe to drive fast IMO. The C8 on the other hand has benefited from today’s technology so the car isn’t a handful when driven fast. Ford didn’t have that technology back in 2003 when it was being developed. The C8 is the right car for today and I’m glad GM waited all these years to get it right. March can’t get here fast enough.

Like I said welcome back. We need people with your experiences in tracking these fine performance cars. Your feedback is always welcome on this site. 

54 degrees out got to go do some final shopping 🛍. 350 time  

Later Slo Lane. .:shift:

Edited by mach 1 1970

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Cool pics Tes…..never even heard of these...what was it like on the road?

Like a regular Mustang.  289, Auto, Disc Brakes, etc.  Nothing special.  The T-5 was the Code at the time, like SN95 and S281 is.  The Country they were Shipped to would allow them to use the name Mustang so the used the Code T-5 instead.  The word Mustang was removed from the Cars. 

8 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Yes, the Engine was removed before the Photo was taken. 

:thumbsup:I thought so, thanks bud!    

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I did and she said .....yah sure ...whatever you say  ......:headscratch:

:hysterical2:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose you might be right about the manual being more fun around town to drive. I’ll let you know my opinion of the DCT once I own it for awhile. The jaguar F type all wheel drive R that I owned  had a similar trans and was enjoying to drive. However the DCT is a bit more responsive from what I’ve read. Never owned one so we shall see in time. I know for a fact the quick down shifts and rev Matching is a feature I’m excited about. Hold the paddle and it picks the lowest gear in a nano second . I’ve never experienced that in a performance car. I have seen a few in car cameras videos of the C7 R on the track with the same shifting and it’s amazing. Well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

Hey Slo Lane, I’ll be waiting for your honest opinion on that DCT in your new C8, I’m sure that you’ll enjoy it!   :thumbsup:

Mongoose there is one Chevy I’m not a fan of and it’s the Vega. On the ford side it’s the pinto. Thank God those cars are no longer on the road. So call me a hater if you must . .....:hysterical2:

Hey funny guy, the only Vega I ever saw that might be worth owning was the Cosworth Vega.  A guy I used to work with quite a while back bought one new.  As far as the Pinto goes, yes I did own one once for a winter beater that I used for work when I stored my Vette for winter.  Actually, I kind of had fun with it sometimes because it had a stick and it did nice cheerios in the snow.  That’s when I was in the young and foolish stage!     :hysterical2:

3 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Welcome back!   Thanks for a excellent read and info and insight to the different cars you’ve owned and how they handle and track from your vast knowledge on the track and off.    I found it especially interesting being I own a O8 Shelby GT and I might be interested in supercharging it some time, and you’ve already been there and done that.

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Great read and welcome back. Stick around for awhile at least until the C8 hits the streets . I to have owned a 08 KR and a SGT. When they first came out they were the talk of the town for sure. As far as Porsche goes had a 78 911SC. With that tail happy as usual driving experience in the corners. Of course I leaned my lesson real fast. Tadge  has said he grew up in a Porsche family and was very much aware of the handling concerns. He was fearful the C8 might have the same fate and was relieved with the final results. My 05 Ford GT was a bitch to drive fast. It had the quick snap rear end problem without warning. No nannies and a lot of them have been wrecked which isn’t talked about much. Never wrecked mine because I was fearful of the WOT behavior. That car was not meant for the average Joe to drive fast IMO. The C8 on the other hand has benefited from today’s technology so the car isn’t a handful when driven fast. Ford didn’t have that technology back in 2003 when it was being developed. The C8 is the right car for today and I’m glad GM waited all these years to get it right. March can’t get here fast enough.

Like I said welcome back. We need people with your experiences in tracking these fine performance cars. Your feedback is always welcome on this site. 

:thumbsup:+1

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

Like a regular Mustang.  289, Auto, Disc Brakes, etc.  Nothing special.  The T-5 was the Code at the time, like SN95 and S281 is.  The Country they were Shipped to would allow them to use the name Mustang so the used the Code T-5 instead.  The word Mustang was removed from the Cars. 

:thumbsup:

Upcoming Maisto Die-Cast Model: 2020 Corvette C8 @1:18 Scale   Z 51 in red :happyfeet:

E75DC59C-D260-438F-AE00-84EBA7C8200C.jpeg

BA956D4B-4BD6-4C66-99FA-AAFCDFEAF8F0.jpeg

C77D3545-ECB1-4C8F-8217-88A266DB6A60.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane , you better reserve yours now, it will probably be a hot ticket when it first comes out!       

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

What about the Pacer?...……..:spiteful:

1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Welcome back!   Thanks for a excellent read and info and insight to the different cars you’ve owned and how they handle and track from your vast knowledge on the track and off.    I found it especially interesting being I own a O8 Shelby GT and I might be interested in supercharging it some time, and you’ve already been there and done that.

Thank you for the compliments!

You would not regret it at all the GT/SC is one trick ride, on mine I added much needed Brembos and Ford Racing KR type cooling ducts. My car was the 1st customer SAI 550 Whipple car. I also added Steeda wheels and tires, I documented it all in my 5,500 posts LOL!! I miss mine a lot, in fact I had some unfortunate paint issues that mad want to move on, I dislike paintwork on cars. I highly recommend the Whipple 550 all the way and if you do it have SA do it and get the upgraded CSM they are a rare car to own.

My KR had 6500 miles on it last Monday when I got it and I have added 900 miles so far to that. I will post differences between the two after driving it on dry pavement and on new rubber, the KR still is on the factory 10 year old "Wingfoots" when I got it and I want to store them on shelf and get some unnamed and safer PSS 4s's on the car. Maybe go to 19" wheels and max wide rubber. I do not intend on much track use for KR but will at least 1/4 mile it a few times and do at least one track day at the Ridge perhaps, I bought it as an addition to my stable as a hot street car mostly. 

The SGT/SC is a beast and completely changes the car, it was a total blast.

Edit: I would wager that a proper SGT/SC would smoke a KR on a track. Now a modified KR no idea?

Edited by SGT/SC#0471
add bench racing thought.

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks for the compliments. I understand about your SC. I also own a modded 1984 M491 car that is a blast as well, it like the KR are in my permanent collection, and in fact both of them were acquired from extremely knowledgeable collectors who enjoyed them and were fine stewards of the cars but had passed. There is nothing like a properly dialed in air-cooled 911, mine is modified and the engine has been breathed on by Rothsport in OR with a Steve Wong chip. It  is also a Paint to Sample color so 1of 1 out of very few total M491 optioned cars, in fact I want to say there were around 1100 produced over all years of the option, coupe, targa and cab. Mine is a sunroof coupe, It is currently wearing a ducktail and is in remarkable condition hauls the mail and is in the M491 registry.

Back to the C8, and your order CONGRATULATIONS!

I did a pre-order on my Z51 C7 and had the first one I saw on the streets in Seattle at the time, without driving one, I also did museum delivery, that was worth it, it was amazing to get the Bowling Green factory tour. The only negative I heard thus far about the C8 has been about potential understeer, relating to the desire to keep twitch catastrophic oversteer at bay.  The 991.2 gets around that issue through 4 wheel steering.  I am excited to drive a C8 when they arrive. Also the snap oversteer on my C7 ZO6 almost put me into a wall one time when I was doing intentional 60mph rolling burnouts, electronics I think saved me as well as a hair-trigger off throttle right foot! Talk about scaring the crap out of me however. I was in fact looking at the sidewall of track through the windshield! Car snapped back straight and I was like wow, glad I always buy track insurance!  

My other complaint about my time with modern Vettes was that at 6'3" with 32 inch inseam and size 46 Jacket is that the interior was damn tight, I also had in the past spent time in a 79 SC that was tuned by my Ferrari wrench friend and also had a 6 speed 996 Cab (my "dog car" for many years) at the same time I owned both C7 Vettes. I test drove the 991.2 because I was interested in the twin turbo engine new for 2017, and like the  observed daily driver 996 and the 79 SC (for 1979 anyway)  the amount of interior room is amazing, 911's truly are amazing daily drivers and comfortable for me. The C7's were like a tailored suit. I am more of a jean and surf slippers kind of guy, in fact I drive barefoot a lot of the time in surf shorts with my sandals on the passenger floorboards lol. I have been told that the C8 is bigger inside and that the interior is now more comfortable with the glowing first reviews may have me getting one too! Especially if the corner exits are as fun as I bet they will be in the C8!

Now then who wants a 56 Chevy Show car with the perfect mini tubbed stance, a jet black brand spanking new 35k paint job by a painter who won best paint at SEMA in 2016 (on a 56 Chevy no less) Car shifts via an Italian geared auto gear Muncie 4 speed with a new Hayes clutch and is powered by a 6-71 dual-carbed 327 engine that has been modified to a 4 bolt main and custom channeled into the frame so it all fits under the hood, probably the only one you will see with a 6-71 UNDER the hood, currie narrowed new 9" disc brakes and a copy of the Super Chevy Magazine car was featured in, more of a show car and cruiser that is currently 99 percent flawless and sound incredible...stay tuned or PM me for details. Can't keep them all, especially now that my long lust for the KR has finally found the right car way sooner than I intended. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Thanks for the compliments. I understand about your SC. I also own a modded 1984 M491 car that is a blast as well, it like the KR are in my permanent collection, and in fact both of them were acquired from extremely knowledgeable collectors who enjoyed them and were fine stewards of the cars but had passed. There is nothing like a properly dialed in air-cooled 911, mine is modified and the engine has been breathed on by Rothsport in OR with a Steve Wong chip. It  is also a Paint to Sample color so 1of 1 out of very few total M491 optioned cars, in fact I want to say there were around 1100 produced over all years of the option, coupe, targa and cab. Mine is a sunroof coupe, It is currently wearing a ducktail and is in remarkable condition hauls the mail and is in the M491 registry.

I did a pre-order on my Z51 C7 and had the first one I saw on the streets in Seattle at the time, without driving one, I also did museum delivery, that was worth it, it was amazing to get the Bowling Green factory tour. The only negative I heard thus far about the C8 has been about potential understeer, relating to the desire to keep twitch catastrophic oversteer at bay.  The 991.2 gets around that issue through 4 wheel steering.  I am excited to drive a C8 when they arrive. Also the snap oversteer on my C7 ZO6 almost put me into a wall one time when I was doing intentional 60mph rolling burnouts, electronics I think saved me as well as a hair-trigger off throttle right foot! Talk about scaring the crap out of me however. I was in fact looking at the sidewall of track through the windshield! Car snapped back straight and I was like wow, glad I always buy track insurance!  

My other complaint about my time with modern Vettes was that at 6'3" with 32 inch inseam and size 46 Jacket is that the interior was damn tight, I also had in the past spent time in a 79 SC that was tuned by my Ferrari wrench friend and also had a 6 speed 996 Cab (my "dog car" for many years) at the same time I owned both C7 Vettes. I test drove the 991.2 because I was interested in the twin turbo engine new for 2017, and like the  observed daily driver 996 and the 79 SC (for 1979 anyway)  the amount of interior room is amazing, 911's truly are amazing daily drivers and comfortable for me. The C7's were like a tailored suit. I am more of a jean and surf slippers kind of guy, in fact I drive barefoot a lot of the time in surf shorts with my sandals on the passenger floorboards lol. I have been told that the C8 is bigger inside and that the interior is now more comfortable with the glowing first reviews may have me getting one too! Especially if the corner exits are as fun as I bet they will be in the C8!

Now then who wants a 56 Chevy Show car with the perfect mini tubbed stance, a jet black brand spanking new 35k paint job by a painter who won best paint at SEMA in 2016 (on a 56 Chevy no less) Car shifts via an Italian geared auto gear Muncie 4 speed with a new Hayes clutch and is powered by a 6-71 dual-carbed 327 engine that has been modified to a 4 bolt main and custom channeled into the frame so it all fits under the hood, probably the only one you will see with a 6-71 UNDER the hood, currie narrowed new 9" disc brakes and a copy of the Super Chevy Magazine car was featured in, more of a show car and cruiser that is currently 99 percent flawless and sound incredible...stay tuned or PM me for details. Can't keep them all, especially now that my long lust for the KR has finally found the right car way sooner than I intended. 

Cheers!

Great wright up thanks for sharing.....:thumbsup:

Mach..were you aware of this when you ordered your C8?....maybe it's all BS don't know.....:shrug: 

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

This is a new vid I think and well explained.

Thanks Keefer, very interesting!      :peelout:

Great wright up thanks for sharing.....:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:+1

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

What about the Pacer?...……..:spiteful:

:hysterical2:

10 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Thank you for the compliments!

You would not regret it at all the GT/SC is one trick ride, on mine I added much needed Brembos and Ford Racing KR type cooling ducts. My car was the 1st customer SAI 550 Whipple car. I also added Steeda wheels and tires, I documented it all in my 5,500 posts LOL!! I miss mine a lot, in fact I had some unfortunate paint issues that mad want to move on, I dislike paintwork on cars. I highly recommend the Whipple 550 all the way and if you do it have SA do it and get the upgraded CSM they are a rare car to own.

My KR had 6500 miles on it last Monday when I got it and I have added 900 miles so far to that. I will post differences between the two after driving it on dry pavement and on new rubber, the KR still is on the factory 10 year old "Wingfoots" when I got it and I want to store them on shelf and get some unnamed and safer PSS 4s's on the car. Maybe go to 19" wheels and max wide rubber. I do not intend on much track use for KR but will at least 1/4 mile it a few times and do at least one track day at the Ridge perhaps, I bought it as an addition to my stable as a hot street car mostly. 

The SGT/SC is a beast and completely changes the car, it was a total blast.

Edit: I would wager that a proper SGT/SC would smoke a KR on a track. Now a modified KR no idea?

Just curious, what gear ratio were you running on your Shelby GT/SC and did you beef up the rear end with any special handling package?   Also, being you’ve been there and  done that do feel the 4.6 is built strong enough to handle all the extra horse that a supercharger will create?   I’ve heard that some don’t think you should supercharge a stock  block without rieinforcing some of the internals in it.  I’d like to hear your view on this subject if you don’t mind me picking your brain on the supercharging subject of a SGT/SC.    Thanks in advance!

Mach..were you aware of this when you ordered your C8?....maybe it's all BS don't know.....:shrug: 

Hey Keefer, thanks for sharing another very informative video!    :peelout:

12 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Keith no worries .:yahoo:

When I ordered the restraints didn’t affect me. My order was accepted in September . Status 3000 that’s the highest status at this time. The holy grail of status.....:dance: The strike prevented any future orders. Now just last Thursday they opened up the order process again and lifted all restraints. I was going back and forth on a 1LT or 2LT . I went with the 2LT because of certain features I wanted. Flipping that 08 KR helped pay for the upgrade to 2LT also. 

I have a 2/24 build week so far. That’s basically the 3rd week of production. I might get lucky and bypass quality hold thinking the first batch might get held. Any how I think a late March might be the delivery date. Thanks for the video...keep em coming Keith. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

15 hours ago, svtkeith said:

This is a new vid I think and well explained.

Thanks Keith 

There is not one dealer in a 200 mile radius that will sell a GT 500 without a large mark up. I saw one on cars.com for

. Wait for it .....$169 K .........:twister:  That’s a $180K with tax.

In time those ADMs will vanish and a base GT500 for $73K would be sane and somewhat more attainable for the mustang / Shelby  crowd. A used one in 2 years would be a wiser choice. By then there will be 8,000 on the road and a couple repossessed at the car auctions ...bet on it  

Tim ...Hold on to your  350 R and trade in 2 years....:happyfeet: However they R you have is a sweet machine. 

3F15BD18-24CF-482E-8A3A-0F4EFC01A571.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

15 hours ago, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Cheers!

You concerns about fitting in a C8. Well I’m 6’5” and 190lbs ( before Christmas) I sat in one and fit well. A little more leg room then the C7 GS I owned. 

My 911SC had a special Mercedes blue silver paint. Had a little paint done and the paint code told us that. I found out Porsche would paint a 911 any color for a fee back in the late 80’s. Don’t know it they still do that .

I’ve owned a few KR’s and really enjoyed them especially the supercharger whine that ford had done away with on the 13/14 models. Shelby got the exhaust and stance just right imo. Would be interesting to see how the SGT / S.C. hangs with the KR . Enjoyed your post.

You seem to enjoy GREAT paint work on your cars. That 56 sounds assume ..:thumbsup:

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith no worries .:yahoo:

When I ordered the restraints didn’t affect me. My order was accepted in September . Status 3000 that’s the highest status at this time. The holy grail of status.....:dance: The strike prevented any future orders. Now just last Thursday they opened up the order process again and lifted all restraints. I was going back and forth on a 1LT or 2LT . I went with the 2LT because of certain features I wanted. Flipping that 08 KR helped pay for the upgrade to 2LT also. 

I have a 2/24 build week so far. That’s basically the 3rd week of production. I might get lucky and bypass quality hold thinking the first batch might get held. Any how I think a late March might be the delivery date. Thanks for the video...keep em coming Keith. 

Awesome!!…...:dance:

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Keith 

There is not one dealer in a 200 mile radius that will sell a GT 500 without a large mark up. I saw one on cars.com for

. Wait for it .....$169 K .........:twister:  That’s a $180K with tax.

In time those ADMs will vanish and a base GT500 for $73K would be sane and somewhat more attainable for the mustang / Shelby  crowd. A used one in 2 years would be a wiser choice. By then there will be 8,000 on the road and a couple repossessed at the car auctions ...bet on it  

Tim ...Hold on to your  350 R and trade in 2 years....:happyfeet: However they R you have is a sweet machine. 

That would be $200k here in Canada....:doh: ……..So much for the car Carroll wanted everyone to afford...:spend:

I will say that strike put a big monkey wrench in my trade in plans on the C8 . Hade to move some cars around to avoid depreciation cost. The wait is getting a bit frustration at this point.

Ok Mongoose I’ll chill out. But hey it’s a bitch. Still got quality hold issues to deal with and will my order fall within that hold of finished cars. Don’t know at this point.

Now the workers are off for two weeks .....Christmas vacation. ....:shrug:...:banghead:

A2B58B0D-EE75-4180-8898-5835E2BA8281.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970