Jump to content
mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I will say that the F in strike put a big MF monkey wrench in my trade in plans. Hade to move some cars around to avoid depreciation cost. The wait is getting a bit frustration at this point .see yah all latter 

Ok Mongoose I’ll chill out. But hey it’s a bitch. Still got quality hold issues to deal with and will my order fall within that hold of finished car. Don’t know at this point. 

 

Hope it all works out for you Mach....:thumbsup: 

 

I was talking to my bud at the local Ford dealer today and asked him if his allotment was taken up....He told me he still is getting 7 and they are all

spoken for and all are at MSRP...However that's not the same across Canada because 5 out of the 7 are going to Western Canada and 1 going to

Quebec and only 1 was sold here in Nova Scotia...that tells me there's ADM's everywhere else across the country or at least it points that way...His

2021 allotments are for 7 more and order banks will open in October 2020 but 2 are already going to Ontario as far as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith no worries .:yahoo:

When I ordered the restraints didn’t affect me. My order was accepted in September . Status 3000 that’s the highest status at this time. The holy grail of status.....:dance: The strike prevented any future orders. Now just last Thursday they opened up the order process again and lifted all restraints. I was going back and forth on a 1LT or 2LT . I went with the 2LT because of certain features I wanted. Flipping that 08 KR helped pay for the upgrade to 2LT also. 

I have a 2/24 build week so far. That’s basically the 3rd week of production. I might get lucky and bypass quality hold thinking the first batch might get held. Any how I think a late March might be the delivery date. Thanks for the video...keep em coming Keith. 

Hey Slo Lane,  do I get any credit for help in you deciding to go with the upgrade to 2LT ?    Hell ya!!!    :thumbsup::hysterical2:    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane,  do I get any credit for help in you deciding to go with the upgrade to 2LT ?    Hell ya!!!    :thumbsup::hysterical2:    

Well I guess you do and thanks bud. ...:victory:  old cheap skate me. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks Keith 

There is not one dealer in a 200 mile radius that will sell a GT 500 without a large mark up. I saw one on cars.com for

. Wait for it .....$169 K .........:twister:  That’s a $180K with tax.

In time those ADMs will vanish and a base GT500 for $73K would be sane and somewhat more attainable for the mustang / Shelby  crowd. A used one in 2 years would be a wiser choice. By then there will be 8,000 on the road and a couple repossessed at the car auctions ...bet on it  

Tim ...Hold on to your  350 R and trade in 2 years....:happyfeet: However they R you have is a sweet machine. 

3F15BD18-24CF-482E-8A3A-0F4EFC01A571.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, talk about getting royally screwed big time by your dealer!    :banghead:        J.M.O.   “You can’t fix Stupid”!!!!!     :drop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

You concerns about fitting in a C8. Well I’m 6’5” and 190lbs ( before Christmas) I sat in one and fit well. A little more leg room then the C7 GS I owned. 

My 911SC had a special Mercedes blue silver paint. Had a little paint done and the paint code told us that. I found out Porsche would paint a 911 any color for a fee back in the late 80’s. Don’t know it they still do that .

I’ve owned a few KR’s and really enjoyed them especially the supercharger whine that ford had done away with on the 13/14 models. Shelby got the exhaust and stance just right imo. Would be interesting to see how the SGT / S.C. hangs with the KR . Enjoyed your post.

You seem to enjoy GREAT paint work on your cars. That 56 sounds assume ..:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Awesome!!…...:dance:

Hey Keefer, will the real Mr. Lucky please stand up!!!        :drop:        :hysterical2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

That would be $200k here in Canada....:doh: ……..So much for the car Carroll wanted everyone to afford...:spend:

Hey Keefer, like I’ve always been saying, everything revolves around the “Almighty Dollar”, the dollar rules and is alive and well!!!   Profit is king!!    It’s the American way!   :shrug:     Yes, Carroll did want the cars to be affordable, but in todays world the dollar rules and the rich get richer, it’s just that simple!   :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I will say that strike put a big monkey wrench in my trade in plans on the C8 . Hade to move some cars around to avoid depreciation cost. The wait is getting a bit frustration at this point.

Ok Mongoose I’ll chill out. But hey it’s a bitch. Still got quality hold issues to deal with and will my order fall within that hold of finished cars. Don’t know at this point.

 

Now the workers are off for two weeks .....Christmas vacation. ....:shrug:...:banghead:

A2B58B0D-EE75-4180-8898-5835E2BA8281.jpeg

Hey bud, every worker deserves a Christmas Vacay, don’t be a scrooge!  :hysterical2:    Okay, just funning with ya, now chill out!!!   :hide:    Yes, I know your getting very anxious on wanting the C8 and to you, it probably looks like the factory is teasing you with these delays.  Well, all I can say is your Mr. Lucky and you time will be coming down the road either sooner or later, so hang on to your towel...    :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, SGT/SC#0471 said:

Thanks for the compliments. I understand about your SC. I also own a modded 1984 M491 car that is a blast as well, it like the KR are in my permanent collection, and in fact both of them were acquired from extremely knowledgeable collectors who enjoyed them and were fine stewards of the cars but had passed. There is nothing like a properly dialed in air-cooled 911, mine is modified and the engine has been breathed on by Rothsport in OR with a Steve Wong chip. It  is also a Paint to Sample color so 1of 1 out of very few total M491 optioned cars, in fact I want to say there were around 1100 produced over all years of the option, coupe, targa and cab. Mine is a sunroof coupe, It is currently wearing a ducktail and is in remarkable condition hauls the mail and is in the M491 registry.

Back to the C8, and your order CONGRATULATIONS!

 

I did a pre-order on my Z51 C7 and had the first one I saw on the streets in Seattle at the time, without driving one, I also did museum delivery, that was worth it, it was amazing to get the Bowling Green factory tour. The only negative I heard thus far about the C8 has been about potential understeer, relating to the desire to keep twitch catastrophic oversteer at bay.  The 991.2 gets around that issue through 4 wheel steering.  I am excited to drive a C8 when they arrive. Also the snap oversteer on my C7 ZO6 almost put me into a wall one time when I was doing intentional 60mph rolling burnouts, electronics I think saved me as well as a hair-trigger off throttle right foot! Talk about scaring the crap out of me however. I was in fact looking at the sidewall of track through the windshield! Car snapped back straight and I was like wow, glad I always buy track insurance!  

My other complaint about my time with modern Vettes was that at 6'3" with 32 inch inseam and size 46 Jacket is that the interior was damn tight, I also had in the past spent time in a 79 SC that was tuned by my Ferrari wrench friend and also had a 6 speed 996 Cab (my "dog car" for many years) at the same time I owned both C7 Vettes. I test drove the 991.2 because I was interested in the twin turbo engine new for 2017, and like the  observed daily driver 996 and the 79 SC (for 1979 anyway)  the amount of interior room is amazing, 911's truly are amazing daily drivers and comfortable for me. The C7's were like a tailored suit. I am more of a jean and surf slippers kind of guy, in fact I drive barefoot a lot of the time in surf shorts with my sandals on the passenger floorboards lol. I have been told that the C8 is bigger inside and that the interior is now more comfortable with the glowing first reviews may have me getting one too! Especially if the corner exits are as fun as I bet they will be in the C8!

Now then who wants a 56 Chevy Show car with the perfect mini tubbed stance, a jet black brand spanking new 35k paint job by a painter who won best paint at SEMA in 2016 (on a 56 Chevy no less) Car shifts via an Italian geared auto gear Muncie 4 speed with a new Hayes clutch and is powered by a 6-71 dual-carbed 327 engine that has been modified to a 4 bolt main and custom channeled into the frame so it all fits under the hood, probably the only one you will see with a 6-71 UNDER the hood, currie narrowed new 9" disc brakes and a copy of the Super Chevy Magazine car was featured in, more of a show car and cruiser that is currently 99 percent flawless and sound incredible...stay tuned or PM me for details. Can't keep them all, especially now that my long lust for the KR has finally found the right car way sooner than I intended. 

Cheers!

Love the look of the always cool 55-56-57 Chevys.  SEMA always has some awesome cars there like the Ring Brothers winning Camaro this year.   I’ll bet me and the other guys would love for you to post a few pics of your awesome 56 Show Car, these old Chevys are really cool to customize, also wondering what’s your price point at this time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well I guess you do and thanks bud. ...:victory:  old cheap skate me. 

Hey bud, your welcome!   You know you’ll be a lot more satisfied this way and your still way ahead of the game!    :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, like I’ve always been saying, everything revolves around the “Almighty Dollar”, the dollar rules and is alive and well!!!   Profit is king!!    It’s the American way!   :shrug:     Yes, Carroll did want the cars to be affordable, but in todays world the dollar rules and the rich get richer, it’s just that simple!   :shrug:

 

Agreed Mr Goose!!……...:spend:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

Don’t want cup 2 tires. They need to match my front tread pattern. What’s your thoughts on 295 4s Michelin tires.?  Maybe less the a 1/4 inch different in width and slightly less diameter. Speedometer will be slightly off. Have 295’s pilot SS on the front. 

Tires are a bit limited on the car. Think the 4s tires would work well. I have RE 71s and I like those

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to install this new splitter on the 2018 350. The original was scraped up pretty bad. Dealer sent me this one for replacement. They paid like $399 for it. Only the middle section needs replacement . I put the silver letters in the cutout area . How’s it look ? 

EF5D9AA7-74A4-4566-865C-C2B41E19011B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, svttim said:

Tires are a bit limited on the car. Think the 4s tires would work well. I have RE 71s and I like those

Michelin is supposed to make some more PSS 305 30ZR 19 end of January. I’ll just wait and get those. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Have to install this new splitter on the 2018 350. The original was scraped up pretty bad. Dealer sent me this one for replacement. They paid like $399 for it. Only the middle section needs replacement . I put the silver letters in the cutout area . How’s it look ? 

EF5D9AA7-74A4-4566-865C-C2B41E19011B.jpeg

 

Looks great it stands right out....:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Have to install this new splitter on the 2018 350. The original was scraped up pretty bad. Dealer sent me this one for replacement. They paid like $399 for it. Only the middle section needs replacement . I put the silver letters in the cutout area . How’s it look ? 

EF5D9AA7-74A4-4566-865C-C2B41E19011B.jpeg

Looks nice. Sands out just enough and not too much to distract your eye from the rest of the car. I was thinking white lettering but would be too much for a car without matching stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Have to install this new splitter on the 2018 350. The original was scraped up pretty bad. Dealer sent me this one for replacement. They paid like $399 for it. Only the middle section needs replacement . I put the silver letters in the cutout area . How’s it look ? 

EF5D9AA7-74A4-4566-865C-C2B41E19011B.jpeg

Hey bud, I think it looks great!   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Michelin is supposed to make some more PSS 305 30ZR 19 end of January. I’ll just wait and get those. 

:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

Looks great it stands right out....:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, svtkeith said:

 

This is a new vid I think and well explained.

 

Well, it's one person's opinion, but he's still stuck on the base C8 price, and that's not what was used in the testing, so either there's an intentional bias there to make the GT500 seem that much more expensive, or he's not paying enough attention to details.  I'm not buying either, so I've got no bias.  I still prefer the looks of the C7 and the 5th gen Mustangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take a base C8 and add the Z51 you get $65K. That car will give those results. Again nobody in the 200 miles radius of Atlanta is selling for msrp currently. $83K+  base 500 vs $65K C8. I’m taking the lowest ADM I found at $10K for a base 500 . We all like different looks on cars . But so far the orders are filled on the 20 C8. That’s not to say people won’t  cancel or have multiple orders with different dealerships. So far from polling the C8 is bringing in a lot of first time buyers. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C8 isn't available to the public yet so let's see if the dealers try ADM's. Chevy also admitted that they will lose money on every C8 sold below $80K. The hype train even got to Chevy. Very interested to see how this all plays out in a few months. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

If you take a base C8 and add the Z51 you get $65K. That car will give those results. Again nobody in the 200 miles radius of Atlanta is selling for msrp currently. $83K+  base 500 vs $65K C8. I’m taking the lowest ADM I found at $10K for a base 500 . We all like different looks on cars . But so far the orders are filled on the 20 C8. That’s not to say people won’t  cancel or have multiple orders with different dealerships. So far from polling the C8 is bringing in a lot of first time buyers. 

 

No ADM's here on the C8's or GT500's....both which are all spoken for at my local Ford and GM dealer...I know on youtube many on there

either added a C8  to the stable or ditched the Ford and Dodge for the C8 order.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, yes it’s possible that the Chevy Boys might be losing a little change at 59,995. for the new C8 future supercar.  And yes, they probably would really like the sales to be at least $80K or more for each one sold.  So even if you figured in some money loss on the base C8 for just shy of 60K, it was actually a great move and decision by the Chevy Boys to do it this way with a quality built and totally new mid-engine design too!  Why I said it was a great move, it’s really very simple!  The huge amount of advertising, promotions, pictures, Car magazine covers, articles, talk shows, car shows, and world wide interest in this new designed, mid-engine C8 Corvette generated, is worth a ton of money!  All this promotion increased  sales and parts and especially interest from people who were originally interested in other brands. You really couldn’t afford to pay for all the hype and interest that this new C8 generated in the car world.   Simply put, the new C8 is the bargain of the century in a mid-engine Corvette designed supercar starting at just shy of 60K base, and around $5K more for the (no-brainer) Z-51 package that includes many nice upgraded handling and cooling parts too!   Any kind of a gear head, sportscar nut , or just a car guy who loves cool cars should be able to understand and realize what, as I always say: “Bang for the Buck” or “Value” this new C8 is!!  And no, I’m not trying to promote it, I’m just stating the facts!   The C8 is more than capable of promoting it’s self without any help from me, besides, it was already being promoted by everyone else out there in the car world!

P.S.  All the interest in the new C8 isn’t done yet by a long shot!   Wait till all the higher optioned H.P. cars start coming out and turn the sports car world upside down, then you’ll see what a great move it is for the mid-engine designed C8 Corvette.   It’s time is now and this is the future of the Corvette whether you like it or not!     J.M.O.        :peelout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, svtkeith said:

 

No ADM's here on the C8's or GT500's....both which are all spoken for at my local Ford and GM dealer...I know on youtube many on there

either added a C8  to the stable or ditched the Ford and Dodge for the C8 order.

Hey Keefer, well, what ya thinking about doing something about that situation, or treating yourself to a new “Big Boy” present???      :hysterical2:      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, yes it’s possible that the Chevy Boys might be losing a little change at 59,995. for the new C8 future supercar.  And yes, they probably would really like the sales to be at least $80K or more for each one sold.  So even if you figured in some money loss on the base C8 for just shy of 60K, it was actually a great move and decision by the Chevy Boys to do it this way with a quality built and totally new mid-engine design too!  Why I said it was a great move, it’s really very simple!  The huge amount of advertising, promotions, pictures, Car magazine covers, articles, talk shows, car shows, and world wide interest in this new designed, mid-engine C8 Corvette generated, is worth a ton of money!  All this promotion increased  sales and parts and especially interest from people who were originally interested in other brands. You really couldn’t afford to pay for all the hype and interest that this new C8 generated in the car world.   Simply put, the new C8 is the bargain of the century in a mid-engine Corvette designed supercar starting at just shy of 60K base, and around $5K more for the (no-brainer) Z-51 package that includes many nice upgraded handling and cooling parts too!   Any kind of a gear head, sportscar nut , or just a car guy who loves cool cars should be able to understand and realize what, as I always say: “Bang for the Buck” or “Value” this new C8 is!!  And no, I’m not trying to promote it, I’m just stating the facts!   The C8 is more than capable of promoting it’s self without any help from me, besides, it was already being promoted by everyone else out there in the car world!

P.S.  All the interest in the new C8 isn’t done yet by a long shot!   Wait till all the higher optioned H.P. cars start coming out and turn the sports car world upside down, then you’ll see what a great move it is for the mid-engine designed C8 Corvette.   It’s time is now and this is the future of the Corvette whether you like it or not!     J.M.O.        :peelout:

Could not have said it better. ....:thumbsup:  except Mary would tell you there are some talented women involved also. Chevy people geez Mongoose always correcting you. ....:hysterical2:

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more day fellas. 

 

EE2F220D-91B4-429D-9DD8-E23FAB97AED5.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, well, what ya thinking about doing something about that situation, or treating yourself to a new “Big Boy” present???      :hysterical2:      

Break out that check book Keith.....:spend: Pick your ride  buddy. 

754E6F5F-2160-4B34-8E0E-72A1C9A44B35.jpeg

1B9A3FB8-C27C-49AF-BECD-C7A54B955E01.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, yes it’s possible that the Chevy Boys might be losing a little change at 59,995. for the new C8 future supercar.  And yes, they probably would really like the sales to be at least $80K or more for each one sold.  So even if you figured in some money loss on the base C8 for just shy of 60K, it was actually a great move and decision by the Chevy Boys to do it this way with a quality built and totally new mid-engine design too!  Why I said it was a great move, it’s really very simple!  The huge amount of advertising, promotions, pictures, Car magazine covers, articles, talk shows, car shows, and world wide interest in this new designed, mid-engine C8 Corvette generated, is worth a ton of money!  All this promotion increased  sales and parts and especially interest from people who were originally interested in other brands. You really couldn’t afford to pay for all the hype and interest that this new C8 generated in the car world.   Simply put, the new C8 is the bargain of the century in a mid-engine Corvette designed supercar starting at just shy of 60K base, and around $5K more for the (no-brainer) Z-51 package that includes many nice upgraded handling and cooling parts too!   Any kind of a gear head, sportscar nut , or just a car guy who loves cool cars should be able to understand and realize what, as I always say: “Bang for the Buck” or “Value” this new C8 is!!  And no, I’m not trying to promote it, I’m just stating the facts!   The C8 is more than capable of promoting it’s self without any help from me, besides, it was already being promoted by everyone else out there in the car world!

P.S.  All the interest in the new C8 isn’t done yet by a long shot!   Wait till all the higher optioned H.P. cars start coming out and turn the sports car world upside down, then you’ll see what a great move it is for the mid-engine designed C8 Corvette.   It’s time is now and this is the future of the Corvette whether you like it or not!     J.M.O.        :peelout:

 

Well said and I agree buddy Goose!!……..:thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...