mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

13 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks Goose!!…:thumbsup: ……..Merry Christmas to you and family bud!!……….:)

:thumbsup:Thanks Keefer!

20 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Asked Bonnie anything you need from the store . Excuse to ride around in 64 degrees with the windows down. Parking lots are horrible can’t even park way out either .....oh boy  

A49D6EAC-95DB-4093-8C36-51093B58B227.jpeg

Talk about inattentive drivers in the parking lot, especially at this time of year, oh boy!    A very “Dangerous Place” to be with a cool car too!   Are you frickin’ nuts??    :banghead:    Just funning with ya, bud!    :hysterical2:

30 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah Merry Christmas to all you guys and gals.  🎄🎄🎄

:thumbsup: Thanks bud!  Dido!!!!

31 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

Merry Christmas to you and family Mach!!……..:thumbsup: …...:)

:thumbsup:+1

37 minutes ago, svttim said:

Great post Tim ....if I had to pick two pictures from the Bash it would be these two. Well maybe three...😋

Heck on the track they even had a ZL1 and Dodge mixed in with all those Fords. The following is a statement about what the bash is all about and I quote  .” It really is about bringing people together and again, it’s about everybody. We even have a core event, you don’t even have to own a Shelby to be a part of Team Shelby, and to be a part of the Bash. Carroll worked with all manufacturers. He worked with Toyota—everybody. This event is about bringing people together.”

89C99E37-DFB0-4785-9AF7-3B731E3CE864.jpeg

AA139D30-8C76-4206-9E12-2A6114BA107B.jpeg

253D57DE-ABC2-4B65-B0A6-72019459B1EC.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Slo Lane, photos don’t lie, I’ll bet your getting pretty excited by now!   Hang on, just a little while longer bud!    Also, Aaron Rogers and Aaron Jones of the Division Champs Green Bay Packers , (CHEESE HEADS) say, just (Relax and sit down and have a brew), because everything is coming up “Roses”!!!     “NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS”,  Woo-Hooo!!     :banvictory:

Where is Danica....?  Mongoose ?? Pictures pictures... That’s all that matters. .:rating:..:hysterical:Cheese heads yeah. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

Bonnie decorates the tree. Looks like she gets it.

Ok see yah all later. Family time. 

684DF15D-9040-4139-B6FD-BF70410EF6EA.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Where is Danica....?  Mongoose ?? Pictures pictures... That’s all that matters. .:rating:..:hysterical:Cheese heads yeah. 

Danica was probably in one of the sky boxes in the new Bank Stadium watching as both Aarons dismantled the Vik-Queens in their home stadium on Monday night football to become the  NFC North Champions!   The “CHEESE HEADS” rule and there on a roll.   :thumbsup: Sorry, no picks at this tlme!      :shrug:  

7 hours ago, svttim said:

Hey Tim, awesome post!   Really enjoyed reading about the very cool Shelby bash and looking at everybody’s cool rides!!   :thumbsup:       Thanks for sharing!      

7 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Great post Tim ....if I had to pick two pictures from the Bash it would be these two. Well maybe three...😋

Heck on the track they even had a ZL1 and Dodge mixed in with all those Fords. The following is a statement about what the bash is all about and I quote  .” It really is about bringing people together and again, it’s about everybody. We even have a core event, you don’t even have to own a Shelby to be a part of Team Shelby, and to be a part of the Bash. Carroll worked with all manufacturers. He worked with Toyota—everybody. This event is about bringing people together.”

89C99E37-DFB0-4785-9AF7-3B731E3CE864.jpeg

AA139D30-8C76-4206-9E12-2A6114BA107B.jpeg

253D57DE-ABC2-4B65-B0A6-72019459B1EC.jpeg

Hey Slo Lane, excellent post, and very well said.  Couldn’t of said it better!   Loved all three pics, especially the second one that had them two Cobras in blue, very streamlined!!  Must have had some excellent wind-tunnel testing!!!!    :hysterical2:        P.S. Love Parnelli’s diecast models on his desk.      :thumbsup:    

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Nice job on the tree!   See ya all later!     Have a MERRY-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

7 hours ago, svttim said:

Jill, Wendy and the car is three :)

“SWEET”   :thumbsup:

Hey Keefer, I’m not sure if you know about these new Shelbys that will make their debut in January at Barrett Jackson in Arizona, so I’m giving you a heads up on them now.  Shelby will be making 30 Bold Edition 2020 Super Snakes in three different color combos: shadow black with green stripes and green interior accents, green lime with black stripes and green interior accents and twister orange with black stripes and orange interior accents. They can be purchased with the “bold” package in a fastback or convertible and with either a 10 speed automatic or 6 speed MANUAL transmission. In addition to the 30 cars for the American market a limited number will be built by select Shelby shops and distributors internationally. 

Well bud, that’s all I got for you now!       Later!      Mongoose   :peelout:

16 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hope Tek is ok after smashing in your tree with his Vette...……..:hysterical:

9 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey Keefer, I’m not sure if you know about these new Shelbys that will make their debut in January at Barrett Jackson in Arizona, so I’m giving you a heads up on them now.  Shelby will be making 30 Bold Edition 2020 Super Snakes in three different color combos: shadow black with green stripes and green interior accents, green lime with black stripes and green interior accents and twister orange with black stripes and orange interior accents. They can be purchased with the “bold” package in a fastback or convertible and with either a 10 speed automatic or 6 speed MANUAL transmission. In addition to the 30 cars for the American market a limited number will be built by select Shelby shops and distributors internationally. 

Well bud, that’s all I got for you now!       Later!      Mongoose   :peelout:

Thanks for the info Goose!!...a MANUAL huh?....maybe they'll put manual in the regular GT500 after all the SS should have more HP than the regular

GT500 so why not...……..:peelout:

10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Thanks for the info Goose!!...a MANUAL huh?....maybe they'll put manual in the regular GT500 after all the SS should have more HP than the regular

GT500 so why not...……..:peelout:

Merry Christmas Keefer and your welcome too!   Yes, I figure your probably right about that, but I was glad to see that they used a manual too!!!!   :thumbsup:    Stay tuned bud!       :peelout:

10 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:hysterical2:  Funny boy!

2 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Merry Christmas Keefer and your welcome too!   Yes, I figure your probably right about that, but I was glad to see that they used a manual too!!!!   :thumbsup:    Stay tuned bud!       :peelout:

Merry Christmas Goose!!…..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Merry Christmas Goose!!…..:thumbsup:

Ditto bud!:thumbsup:

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!   The other day I received my January 2020 issue of Car and Driver and they had a form letter from the subscription services dept. explaining that Autoweek will no longer be published, but special arrangements have been made to fulfill the remainder of my subscription. I will be mailed one issue of Car and Driver to replace each issue remaining in my Autoweek subscription.  If you already subscribe to Car and Driver they’ll automatically extend your subscription for the allotted number of issues remaining for Autoweek.   Well, I’ll really miss my Autoweek, but at least I can count on one of the Car mags. to still be in print, it sucks that some of the car mags are going out of printed copies!!

Okay, enough of that kind of bull for now!    Lets talk about one of the cool articles that was in this latest edition of Car and Driver.  They call it, “California Dreamin’, and say the mid-engine Chevy Corvette Stingray is ready to reclaim California. In the 1960’s, Corvettes were as much part of the California dream as sunshine, beaches, and bikinis. Surf bands, like Jan & Dean and the beach boys, topped the charts by selling the world an idealized West Coast lifestyle, a utopia where fuel injected Stingrays  :peelout:raced Jaguar E types from Sunset and Vine all the way to Dead Man’s Curve. All the Jag could see were the Stingray’s round taillights. California’s sunbaked love affair with the Corvette lasted well into the 1970s. Then times started to change and the move was toward foreign cars from Japan and Germany like the Supra’s, Mazda Rx7, Nissan 300 ZX, and the Porsche 911.   The 911 Porsche is the unofficial sports car of the Golden State, an has a stranglehold on the sports car market that the swanky Orange County enclave of Newport Beach has been nicknamed New “Porch” Beach; 911s are everywhere.  But, as this story is changing,  Chevy has just fired a armor piercing round, a bunker buster!   This 2020 Corvette Stingray is different and it’s good enough to reclaim California back from all the imports and also be the supercar disrupter in a single bound.  It matches the far more expensive 992 version of the 911 Carrera S through the quarter mile and then there’s the price!    All this goodness starts at just $59,995. and what you get is a V-8 supercar that costs less than a base 718 Boxster.  Now there’s a American sports car set up to send more than a few Porschephiles into Chevy stores, a Corvette that’s ready to retake the Coast. -Author: Scott Oldham.     

Later guys!           Mongoose    :peelout:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas  🎄 

Great article from car & driver. Thanks Mongoose. I have autoweek also and its funny that Bonnie got me car & driver for Christmas. Glad to see the Corvette is attracting new customers. Love that Jan & Dean song ...dead man’s curve 

22 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Yeah but I’m keeping the vette now. 

Well got some reading to do now, got this great book from Bonnie for Christmas. New shoes also...:hysterical:Chilling last night after a fun day with family Christmas celebrations. Hope you all had a great time and got some cool stuff .family is what it’s all about .....:happyfeet:

68BC1A02-D56D-4495-A67E-469E16BAD058.jpeg

D55F8183-2FBD-4E7F-AAF7-455AD8EDC6E7.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

Sounds of the C8R recently testing. Now just wait until the roar before the 24 on Jan 5th. Oh yeah boys and girls. 

https://youtu.be/n9aH67IUITw

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Well got some reading to do now, got this great book from Bonnie for Christmas. New shoes also...:hysterical:Chilling last night after a fun day with family Christmas celebrations. Hope you all had a great time and got some cool stuff .family is what it’s all about .....:happyfeet:

68BC1A02-D56D-4495-A67E-469E16BAD058.jpeg

D55F8183-2FBD-4E7F-AAF7-455AD8EDC6E7.jpeg

Exactly!!...Family makes Christmas...……..:thumbsup: There's those damn canoes again!!……...:hysterical:

6 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!   The other day I received my January 2020 issue of Car and Driver and they had a form letter from the subscription services dept. explaining that Autoweek will no longer be published, but special arrangements have been made to fulfill the remainder of my subscription. I will be mailed one issue of Car and Driver to replace each issue remaining in my Autoweek subscription.  If you already subscribe to Car and Driver they’ll automatically extend your subscription for the allotted number of issues remaining for Autoweek.   Well, I’ll really miss my Autoweek, but at least I can count on one of the Car mags. to still be in print, it sucks that some of the car mags are going out of printed copies!!

Okay, enough of that kind of bull for now!    Lets talk about one of the cool articles that was in this latest edition of Car and Driver.  They call it, “California Dreamin’, and say the mid-engine Chevy Corvette Stingray is ready to reclaim California. In the 1960’s, Corvettes were as much part of the California dream as sunshine, beaches, and bikinis. Surf bands, like Jan & Dean and the beach boys, topped the charts by selling the world an idealized West Coast lifestyle, a utopia where fuel injected Stingrays  :peelout:raced Jaguar E types from Sunset and Vine all the way to Dead Man’s Curve. All the Jag could see were the Stingray’s round taillights. California’s sunbaked love affair with the Corvette lasted well into the 1970s. Then times started to change and the move was toward foreign cars from Japan and Germany like the Supra’s, Mazda Rx7, Nissan 300 ZX, and the Porsche 911.   The 911 Porsche is the unofficial sports car of the Golden State, an has a stranglehold on the sports car market that the swanky Orange County enclave of Newport Beach has been nicknamed New “Porch” Beach; 911s are everywhere.  But, as this story is changing,  Chevy has just fired a armor piercing round, a bunker buster!   This 2020 Corvette Stingray is different and it’s good enough to reclaim California back from all the imports and also be the supercar disrupter in a single bound.  It matches the far more expensive 992 version of the 911 Carrera S through the quarter mile and then there’s the price!    All this goodness starts at just $59,995. and what you get is a V-8 supercar that costs less than a base 718 Boxster.  Now there’s a American sports car set up to send more than a few Porschephiles into Chevy stores, a Corvette that’s ready to retake the Coast. -Author: Scott Oldham.     

Later guys!           Mongoose    :peelout:

Good read Goose!!…….:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas  🎄 

Great article from car & driver. Thanks Mongoose. I have autoweek also and its funny that Bonnie got me car & driver for Christmas. Glad to see the Corvette is attracting new customers. Love that Jan & Dean song ...dead man’s curve 

Thanks bud!  Yes, had a great Christmas!   Jan and Dean’s song, (Dead Man’s Curve), one of the best car songs ever!  If I remember right wasn’t Dean driving a mid- year Corvette when he crashed it and got hurt pretty bad?   The new C8 is like Santa Claus, it’s pictured every where!    :hysterical2: