mach 1 1970

OFF TOPIC THREAD......... (was New C8 maybe it’s getting close.)

3 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Here is a 2013 GT500 with a few mods hitting mid  8’s in the 1/4 Mile.  Manual Mongoose. How about that. ....:happyfeet:

I remember that one back in the day. Would have run 7's with a 6r80 auto.

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

LSD beats them I bet!!……….:spiteful:

Yep

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

#4 and #3 with  my car in the center......:victory:  They will be at Daytona on January 5th weekend for the roar before the 24  ...cool 

D735FAA2-8ADA-43BB-8B93-77AE5166786C.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

#4 and #3 with  my car in the center......:victory:  They will be at Daytona on January 5th weekend for the roar before the 24  ...cool 

It's not long now bud...:peelout: ...can't wait to see how they do....the beauty in the middle right there!!...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Maybe the future in GTE / prototype Racing. V/12 and 1000hp with a red line of 11,000 . This is the soon to be released Aston Martin road going car. This is basically a F1 car with a shell built around it. 150 to be built for 2.5 million pounds. Finally FIA will have race cars look more like road cars in the future. Frankly it’s about time . Those 2005 design old prototype cars in IMSA and FIA do nothing for me and most race fans. 

Sure the GTLM cars are great to watch especially with the new C8R coming. Too bad Ford pulled out after 4 years in the GTLM class . This will be the first time in 16 years no Ford in either prototype or GTLM class at the Daytona 24 hour race. Hopefully this will change in the next few years. The present DPi cars are just boring and have no bearing on road cars. Hell the Cadillac DPi can’t look like a road car because caddy doesn’t even have a sportscar. Who identifies with those caddies on the track. Nobody that’s who.

In 2015 corvette raced in the prototype class at Daytona and  the car looked very similar to today C8 and they also raced in GTLM also. Why caddy got involved beats me . Corporate in fighting and a mistake imo ...:banghead:

EC1E963D-0724-4190-BB87-E6F8F632C94F.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Maybe the future in GT Racing. V/12 and 1000hp with a red line of 11,000 . This is the soon to be released Aston Martin road going car. This is basically a F1 car with a shell built around it. 150 to be built for 2.5 million pounds. 

Electric motors up front soon to come .  The C8 has room for the same configuration in the not to distant future fellas .

Beast!!

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 3:45 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

The only donuts I like in the Morning is in the parking lots with someone else’s car at WOT and no spectators getting in the freakin way. ...:hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

On 12/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

I added that to my post . But you beat me to it. 

:hysterical2:

On 12/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, mach 1 1970 said:

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That’s will be something to see!   Hey Slo Lane isn’t your car coming with black wheels?   The Wheels on that red C8 look kind of charcoal colored from what I can tell from the pic.  :shrug:

11 hours ago, svtkeith said:

It's not long now bud...:peelout: ...can't wait to see how they do....the beauty in the middle right there!!...:thumbsup:

Hey guys, I’ll take all three of them!    :drool:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Maybe the future in GTE / prototype Racing. V/12 and 1000hp with a red line of 11,000 . This is the soon to be released Aston Martin road going car. This is basically a F1 car with a shell built around it. 150 to be built for 2.5 million pounds. Finally FIA will have race cars look more like road cars in the future. Frankly it’s about time . Those 2005 design old prototype cars in IMSA and FIA do nothing for me and most race fans. 

Sure the GTLM cars are great to watch especially with the new C8R coming. Too bad Ford pulled out after 4 years in the GTLM class . This will be the first time in 16 years no Ford in either prototype or GTLM class at the Daytona 24 hour race. Hopefully this will change in the next few years. The present DPi cars are just boring and have no bearing on road cars. Hell the Cadillac DPi can’t look like a road car because caddy doesn’t even have a sportscar. Who identifies with those caddies on the track. Nobody that’s who.

In 2015 corvette raced in the prototype class at Daytona and  the car looked very similar to today C8 and they also raced in GTLM also. Why caddy got involved beats me . Corporate in fighting and a mistake imo ...:banghead:

EC1E963D-0724-4190-BB87-E6F8F632C94F.jpeg

Okay Slo Lane, will you please give us your honest opinion and feelings on the racing going on in IMSA / GTE / FIA / and also DPI and GTLM too!  Now don’t hold back bud, just let it all out and I’m sure you’ll be feeling much better!    Aaron Rogers says just “Relax” bud!   He and Aaron Jones and the rest of the Packers figured that out for the second half of today’s game and were able to come out winners in the end!   Wooo-hooo          :thumbsup:          :hysterical2:     P.S.  Just funning with ya!  Just a heads-up for ya, did you know the name VALKYRIE was a name used on the big Honda 6cylinder sport bike/ touring bike?   Very dependable, and pretty fast bike too, I almost bought one in the past.   They were manufactured from 96 to 2003 by Honda.

9 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Beast!!

Hey guys, yes it’s a beast for sure, but it still would be fun to give it a hell of a try in my book!!     :peelout:

42 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, yes it’s a beast for sure, but it still would be fun to give it a hell of a try in my book!!     :peelout:

That it would Mr Goose!!……:peelout: ….I'd like to see it being tested on a dry track.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Okay Slo Lane, will you please give us your honest opinion and feelings on the racing going on in IMSA / GTE / FIA / and also DPI and GTLM too!  Now don’t hold back bud, just let it all out and I’m sure you’ll be feeling much better!    Aaron Rogers says just “Relax” bud!   He and Aaron Jones and the rest of the Packers figured that out for the second half of today’s game and were able to come out winners in the end!   Wooo-hooo          :thumbsup:          :hysterical2:     P.S.  Just funning with ya!  Just a heads-up for ya, did you know the name VALKYRIE was a name used on the big Honda 6cylinder sport bike/ touring bike?   Very dependable, and pretty fast bike too, I almost bought one in the past.   They were manufactured from 96 to 2003 by Honda.

WELL NOW YOU KNOW. !!  .:yahoo:.....................:hysterical::hysterical2:  This was my favorite all time Daytona prototype and it won a ton of championships over its 7 years of racing in IMSA.

Look how similar both corvette race cars look. Amazing we will be driving the road car soon. Just amazing in my book .......:happyfeet:.:happyfeet:

B686352A-6936-431F-A53C-52A874791755.jpeg

ABE325D2-6A46-402F-BFBA-A9526325D37C.jpeg

915BACDC-BE23-4874-AAEA-7FCAA9A0F576.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2

More accolades ....:happyfeet:  the journalist forgot to add in destination charge and only the Z51 car has 495hp + $5K cost  ....still a good price compared to other mid engine cars out there. Especially the Cayman chick car..:hysterical2:

A used C8 is going to be the bargain of the year two years from now. Then you can also pick up a used 20 GT500 . Both cars are going to bring a lot of fun for more people as the depreciation kicks in. Fun times ahead for all . Maybe a slightly used 21 Z06 might be the ticket down the road. Look forward to it fellas  

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money/cars/mark-phelan/2019/12/29/free-press-car-year-2020-corvette-delivers-decades-promises/2731619001/

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 2

Mongoose I caught the end of the Packers game yesterday. You must be as happy as a clam. Looks like they woke up in the second half  from what the guys in the booth were saying. Now they have a bye ...sweet  

Go Cheesecakes ! ........ Sorry I meant cheese heads. .....:hysterical2:  

Hey Mongoose speaking of sweet cakes  ....where was Danica ?   .......:flirt:

Hey Keith LSD won also over the weekend......:hysterical:

ACC Champions....Clemson took care of business as usual. Gooo ACC. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Thanks 1

My Daytona 24 infield parking pass and garage tickets are in the mail today...yahoo .:happyfeet: Got my reservation at the KOA just down the road from the track. You can hear the cars at the track it’s so close. $45 a night isn’t bad either. Camping at the track is $1200 for 4 nights plus can’t take bailey. Deal breaker for sure. The loud noise for 24 hours would drive her crazy anyways. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose I caught the end of the Packers game yesterday. You must be as happy as a clam. Looks like they woke up in the second half  from what the guys in the booth were saying.

Go Cheesecakes ! ........ Sorry I meant cheese heads. .....:hysterical2:  

Hey Mongoose speaking of sweet cakes  ....where was Danica ?   .......:flirt:

Hey Keith LSD won also over the weekend......:hysterical:

ACC Champions....Clemson took care of business as usual. Gooo ACC. 

I told ya!!………..:hysterical:

• Haha 1

It looks like Chip Ganassi  is done with the Ford GT at Daytona. Not even the privateer teams who bought the Fords have entered the roar before the 24.  The Chevy boys are saying the C8 R scared the Ford GT out of racing. They might be right. What’s up with that Ford ? ..:shrug:  Not even a DPi car entered either. It’s one thing to stop making cars except the mustang but to pull out of sportscar racing at the highest level is just not like Ford. It’s been 16 years at Daytona now crickets. That’s a shame imo. I’ll miss them for sure. Race nothing on Sunday sell nothing on Monday. Oh well. 

D1A846E4-0038-4BD2-BEDB-3DF1A699AA89.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Sad 1

• If you think the C8 is a bargain look at this 
  • Available now, limited-edition track Ford GT car is limited to 45 vehicles with a $1.2 million starting MSRP
  • sorry fellas the order banks are closed. They are all sold out already.  Geez. Missed out on that one. I’ll just stay put with the C8.  :hysterical:

BC20549A-1D09-4976-BF23-8CAA311869D6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

I told ya!!………..:hysterical:

You dah man ....:dance:

• Haha 1

That there is not your father’s Dodge 4 door see Dan ... Keith and Tes  

8E2936CF-B07D-4937-B7CF-E8B2C7F87411.jpeg

10013ACA-94F9-4B57-899D-151E617879FA.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

6 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

It looks like Chip Ganassi  is done with the Ford GT at Daytona. Not even the privateer teams who bought the Fords have entered the roar before the 24.  The Chevy boys are saying the C8 R scared the Ford GT out of racing. They might be right. What’s up with that Ford ? ..:shrug:  Not even a DPi car entered either. It’s one thing to stop making cars except the mustang but to pull out of sportscar racing at the highest level is just not like Ford. It’s been 16 years at Daytona now crickets. That’s a shame imo. I’ll miss them for sure. Race nothing on Sunday sell nothing on Monday. Oh well. 

D1A846E4-0038-4BD2-BEDB-3DF1A699AA89.jpeg

Yes would rather see all brands in the race just like back in the day.....:peelout:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

Keith, 50 of these are going to Canada...……….. 

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/dealers-asking-100-000-plus-164500857.html

They can keep it Tes...I can buy a 2020 Hellcat Challenger for $85k plus never did like the looks of the Charger and IMO ruined

the Charger name.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

That there is not your father’s Dodge 4 door see Dan ... Keith and Tes  

8E2936CF-B07D-4937-B7CF-E8B2C7F87411.jpeg

10013ACA-94F9-4B57-899D-151E617879FA.jpeg

That old 58-59 Dodge is about 24 feet long.....:doh: …...Like the wheels and power of the new Charger and that's about it.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ok say good bye to the most crazy cars for 2019. Happy new year 🎈 Mongoose keep your eyes on the cars .

Keith how you like that off road Audi ?  

I will wear her hat for a hug  🤗 anytime  ....well that’s it for 2019 and Super Car Blondie  

Edited by mach 1 1970
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, svtkeith said:

That it would Mr Goose!!……:peelout: ….I'd like to see it being tested on a dry track.

:peelout:Me too!

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

WELL NOW YOU KNOW. !!  .:yahoo:.....................:hysterical::hysterical2:  This was my favorite all time Daytona prototype and it won a ton of championships over its 7 years of racing in IMSA.

Look how similar both corvette race cars look. Amazing we will be driving the road car soon. Just amazing in my book .......:happyfeet:.:happyfeet:

B686352A-6936-431F-A53C-52A874791755.jpeg

ABE325D2-6A46-402F-BFBA-A9526325D37C.jpeg

915BACDC-BE23-4874-AAEA-7FCAA9A0F576.jpeg

Pretty close bud, but no cigar!    :drop:        :hysterical2:        :hide: